Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Cochrane flow blowin smoke KingSmoke's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't smoke though I am
    laughing

Will Zoro and Sanji ever seriously fight?

I can see this happening in the future, especially after Usopp and Luffy fought. This made me realize there is should be more depth to the crew than everybody always getting along, all best friends have their own feuds. And I think we're long overdue for one, but I still see it coming. It would be good for there character development so that they move past the constant rivalry thing (not to say this will end their rivalry altogether, but will give them a chance to demonstrate their chemistry to cooperate more), and a good chance to demonstrate Luffys leadership ability. He's obviously not the talk it out type so I think he would grant the 2 permission to a fair match, and stop it himself when he feels the need to.

Now I can't come up with any specific predicaments that could allow this to happen, but maybe Zoro makes a decision that harms a lady for the sake of the crew, and Sanji argues that he could have stopped her another way and they start to seriously fight. Or the other way around and Zoro doesn't like something Sanji did.

But what are your thoughts?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fishing relaxes me. It's like
    yoga, except I get to kill
    something

Re: Will Zoro and Sanji ever seriously fight?

Zoro would kill him so Luffy wouldn't let it happen

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The heart may be weak. And
    sometimes it may even give in.
    But I've learned... that deep
    down there's a light that
    never goes out!

This actually happened in a movie. They fought for awhile and Sanji lost his concentration then Zoro said "Sanji, you should never lose your focus when fighting a swordsman" then Zoro knocked him down. That was non-canon though. Sanji got low-diffed in that fight.

And i doubt they'll ever seriously fight the way Luffy and Usopp fought. They might have a little scuffle but they'll never fight with killing intent.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Popeyes/KFC/OP/Toriko/HxH =
    Win

Sanji has been fighting seriously, it's just that he's being a lot more reckless now. It's just bad matchups for Sanji, whereas Zoro fought weaker opponents than Sanji did (post-TS). IMO, it's Zoro AND Luffy that should be fighting more seriously. Also, Oda needs to give Sanji a fair fight during the next arc.

There's been speculations that Zoro will leave the crew seeing how he said back in Water 7 that he will be the next one to leave the crew. Plus we already know that these upcoming arcs may have parallels to the arcs pre-TS, so I guess it's possible but I don't really see it happening.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fishing relaxes me. It's like
    yoga, except I get to kill
    something

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Momma San View Post
    Sanji has been fighting seriously, it's just that he's being a lot more reckless now. It's just bad matchups for Sanji, whereas Zoro fought weaker opponents than Sanji did (post-TS). IMO, it's Zoro AND Luffy that should be fighting more seriously. Also, Oda needs to give Sanji a fair fight during the next arc.

There's been speculations that Zoro will leave the crew seeing how he said back in Water 7 that he will be the next one to leave the crew. Plus we already know that these upcoming arcs may have parallels to the arcs pre-TS, so I guess it's possible but I don't really see it happening.
    He means for them to fight against each other like they pretend to do a lot

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No they shouldn't. If Zoro and Sanji ever fought seriously, to the point that one would need to leave the crew, they would need to apologize and I couldn't see them doing that.

Cochrane flow blowin smoke KingSmoke's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't smoke though I am
    laughing

Scans of this page?

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Popeyes/KFC/OP/Toriko/HxH =
    Win

Quote Originally Posted by KingSmoke View Post
    Scans of this page?
    (First panel)

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    you finish shittin and you
    flushed the toilet and wait a
    second... one chunk come back.
    What does that chunk want?

If he leaves shanks will recruit him. It's only right. Thats the only crew that fits him. For me zoro is a better captain than luffy btw.

Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    CREDIT FOR THE AVATAR GOES TO
    SKORM... ya you ~_~

For some reason I could never see them, legit, fight. They obviously care for each other as friends, they just cover it up. They always argue, but I don't think anything could make them so mad, in which they would fight each other and risk the loyalty of the crew.

Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

(First panel)

Dat Zoro putting Luffy in his place
    Tbh i want Luffy to solo both Zoro and Sanji...to show them who is captain!

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low-Key

If both fought Zoro would be the obvious victor...however having said that I dont want them to fight like that feud between Ussop and Luffy on water 7.

Status
    Jun 2014
    On the streets smoking kush or shooting hoops
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If you even dream of
    beating me you'd better wake
    up and apologize" -
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swag View Post
    If he leaves shanks will recruit him. It's only right. Thats the only crew that fits him. For me zoro is a better captain than luffy btw.
    zoro is never leaving the straw hat crew he's way too loyal to luffy. i do agree that zoro would be a better captain than luffy.

OT: no i don't think they will ever fight each other seriously, they have like a brotherly love hate thing going on and they just play fight

Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Why the hell should they fight?

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swag View Post
    Zoro would litteraly be the worst captain of all the strawhats, he not only is as stupid as Luffy, he also is lazy and drunk all the time. Zoro only is charismatic about 2 times every arc and then he just vanishes. Best choices for captain would be:

Nami/Sanji/Franky as best replacements
    Robin/Brook/Usopp all intelligent or experienced but lack leadership or courage
    Chopper/Zoro/Luffy lack multiple things to guide a crew

Jimbei would be the ideal replacement captain.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low-Key

Quote Originally Posted by Love Cook View Post
    Zoro would litteraly be the worst captain of all the strawhats, he not only is as stupid as Luffy, he also is lazy and drunk all the time. Zoro only is charismatic about 2 times every arc and then he just vanishes. Best choices for captain would be:

Zoro would be a way better captain than Sanji.......sanji would get the crew killed because of women....so Zoro is the better choice plus he is second in command......look at the water 7 Arc he put the whole crew in their place.

Bambi > your Fav-Character silmarill's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I just don't see it, a serious fight between them, nor between any of the other strawhats, they were training their azess of fort 2 years so they could protect eachother, and even though they been apart a long time, to me their bond right now seems stronger than ever, their is alot of respect, they are past that stage tbh, they are more like a family now

Last edited by silmarill; 07-26-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sanji can cap?
    He would kick out all the males and recruit only females

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Takasugi- View Post
    Zoro would be a way better captain than Sanji.......sanji would get the crew killed because of women....so Zoro is the better choice plus he is second in command......look at the water 7 Arc he put the whole crew in their place.
    Shut up turd,

Even when it has been portrayed in the manga you try to degrade this with stupid reasons and speculation. Just because I said it you have to call out Sanji on his leadership qualities and not one of the other 10 people in that post. Your personal vendetta is getting a bit sad.

Sanji is dong an excellent job at the moment when he asked Luffy's permission to take over Sunny and attack Big Mom. Instead of getting the women killed he is protecting them,

Just like in water 7 when Sanji got on the sea train on his own, he opned the gates of justice on his own and lured crocodile on his own. He is the only one in the M3 who uses his brain and has as much authority as Zoro. Before Zoro gave Luffy that speech in W7 (which is ancient history by now) It was Sanji who kicked Luffy through a table to prevent him from saying something stupid about his nakama.

Sanji might not be stronger than Zoro, but he is a 100 times a better leader.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low-Key

Shut up turd,

Even when it has been portrayed in the manga you try to degrade this with stupid reasons and speculation. Just because I said it you have to call out Sanji on his leadership qualities and not one of the other 10 people in that post. Your personal vendetta is getting a bit sad.

Sanji is dong an excellent job at the moment when he asked Luffy's permission to take over Sunny and attack Big Mom. Instead of getting the women killed he is protecting them,

Just like in water 7 when Sanji got on the sea train on his own, he opned the gates of justice on his own and lured crocodile on his own. He is the only one in the M3 who uses his brain and has as much authority as Zoro. Before Zoro gave Luffy that speech in W7 (which is ancient history by now) It was Sanji who kicked Luffy through a table to prevent him from saying something stupid about his nakama.

Sanji might not be stronger than Zoro, but he is a 100 times a better leader.

...you have the Audacity to call me turd when you eat out Sanji's ass...and Sanji is a little smarter than Zoro I 'll give you that but Sanji still wouldnt make a better captain than Zoro.......Zoro is the most loyal in the crew Sanji was considering to leave the crew because of violet(not sure if he was joking but yh) this shows Sanjis will is weak the crew needs a captain with an iron will like Zoro...When Sanji does something as epic as this for the crew get back to me: .

Last edited by -Takasugi-; 07-26-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Takasugi- View Post
    ...you have the Audacity to call me turd when you eat out Sanji's ass...and Sanji is a little smarter than Zoro I 'll give you that but Sanji still wouldnt make a better captain than Zoro.......Zoro is the most loyal in the crew Sanji was considering to leave the crew because of violet(not sure if he was joking but yh) this shows Sanjis will is weak the crew needs a captain with an iron will like Zoro...When Sanji does something as epic as this for the crew get back to me: .
    Aqeel96 = Zoro fanboy
    Love Cook = Sanji fanboy

All we need is a Luffy fanboy!

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The heart may be weak. And
    sometimes it may even give in.
    But I've learned... that deep
    down there's a light that
    never goes out!

Quote Originally Posted by My Username View Post
    Aqeel96 = Zoro fanboy
    Love Cook = Sanji fanboy

All we need is a Luffy fanboy!
    I guess thats my cue

Im the fanboy this section deserves, but not the one it needs.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    you finish shittin and you
    flushed the toilet and wait a
    second... one chunk come back.
    What does that chunk want?

Actually let me rephrase that. Anyone is a better captain than luffy. Excpt for ussop.

If anyone below zoro becomes capt instead, zoro will just leave. The capt has to be stronger than him.

440mil beli pirate. Mephew D Kensei's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clan Cloudd

If they ever do fight seriously it wont bcoz of their bickering it wld have to b over something as intense as that "we arent kids playing pirate" kinda thing and the fight wld b followed by a Liffy Zoro fight then Zoro leaving the crew but I dont want that in all honesty coz a fight btwn man isnt something that just gets swept under the rug and it wldnt b op for me if Zoro isnt part of Luffy's crew.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.

It would probably over something Sanji did, like putting a women before the crew in some way.

I don't think it will happen between these two characters for the reason Oda seems to like this constant argument over who is stronger.

Although I agree it would be nice to have some more depth to the crew and falling out, like I kinda think Luffy vs Zoro has to happen at some point.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»