Page 10 of 41 « First ... 6789101112131420 ... Last»
    Status
    Myobokuzan or die.

Re: The One Piece 'Ask a Question' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMangekyouRinnegan View Post
    Link? That's the only way to get HH, you get born with it.
    I mean is there more to it than him simply being born with it?

Status
    Jun 2009
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly X View Post
    That's incorrect, if you can't train to increase it, then how did Luffy go from being able to stun a couple of people, to 50,000. You can't train to increase it if you don't have it. But if you have it, it can certainly be increased. Though maybe that's what you were trying to say? :shrug:
    No, it can't be increased, it can be controlled. Training serves to control the power, not increase it. Luffy was able to burst his Conqueror's Haki at Marineford and at the Isle of Women Arena, and knocked unconscious a mouth load of people without any selection at all. What Rayleigh did was have him learn how to affect only the ones he want, like at Sabaody where only the Fake Straw Hats were defeated, or at Gyoncorde Plaza, where only the bad guys were defeated.

Rayleigh said it himself, how can you tell me I'm incorrect?

Status
    Myobokuzan or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    No, it can't be increased, it can be controlled. Training serves to control the power, not increase it. Luffy was able to burst his Conqueror's Haki at Marineford and at the Isle of Women Arena, and knocked unconscious a mouth load of people without any selection at all. What Rayleigh did was have him learn how to affect only the ones he want, like at Sabaody where only the Fake Straw Hats were defeated, or at Gyoncorde Plaza, where only the bad guys were defeated.

He just recently caught up.

The info is allot to handle for him I think.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Sara is the best :D

So, I also have a question. In episode 524, Caribou enters the Sunny by himself, so Franky catches him with his arms and drops him down. Then he ties him up. Earlier in the episodes, when Luffy accidentally met Smoker, while they were eating at a restaurant or something( I don't really remember arc or episode ) , Luffy was able to kick Smoker. How can this be, since Caribou and Smoker are Logias ?

Original Akatsuki Member Dragonfly X's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

When did rayleigh say that? And it makes no sense that now he is able to knock out 50,000 people in one go and it didn't increase at all. That is just plain ridiculous :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    He just recently caught up.

The info is allot to handle for him I think.
    Shut up.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shanks- View Post
    So, I also have a question. In episode 524, Caribou enters the Sunny by himself, so Franky catches him with his arms and drops him down. Then he ties him up. Earlier in the episodes, when Luffy accidentally met Smoker, while they were eating at a restaurant or something( I don't really remember arc or episode ) , Luffy was able to kick Smoker. How can this be, since Caribou and Smoker are Logias ?
    Caribou let himself be tied up. Smoker ... I'll chalk it up to gag feats, or his training for involuntary logia intangibility is still going on at that time.

When did rayleigh say that? And it makes no sense that now he is able to knock out 50,000 people in one go and it didn't increase at all. That is just plain ridiculous :shrug:

Maybe there. I dunno.

Anyway, I agree with Lili. It's not plain ridiculous, since OP never had energy equivalency like Chakra, Ki, Nen, Reiatsu, Furyoku in the first place. I think every Haoushoku Haki user has the same amount, or strength, of their Haki. It's only the control that differs from each user.

Status
    Myobokuzan or die.

Shut up.
    But its true, right?

Status
    Jun 2009

Quote Originally Posted by -Shanks- View Post
    Although Logia user CAN turn their body into their respective elements (notice the capitalized "can"), it isn't automated. Powerful Logia users train their reflexes to the point where it seems like it is automatic, but in fact it's just a very quick reaction.

What happened with Smoker was that it was so quick and unexpected that he wasn't even able to make himself intangible. And although he is a badass and very strong, he was nowhere near an Admiral's level, and so his reaction time wasn't as perfected. That's why Smoker didn't react to a slingshot Luffy but Kizaru was able to react to a bullet shot from behind.

In Caribou's case, it's not that he couldn't react, it's more because in that situation (He was completely alone in a foreign ship surrounded by powerful opponents), it was more profitable if he were to hide his powers and show defeat, so that he could plan his escape route when no one was expecting (Which he did, albeit stupidly got himself captured again).

Shut up.
    It appears I was only partially right.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...1/c597/14.html

I was right in the sense that you can't train yourself to awaken it, nor can you train it to grow. The power grows stronger as the user grows stronger. So you were right, the power did grow, not because Luffy trained it, but because Luffy himself grew stronger. Likewise, as I said, the actual training he did relating to this kind of Haki was only to Control it, not to enhance it.

Status
    This user has no status.

Although Logia user CAN turn their body into their respective elements (notice the capitalized "can"), it isn't automated. Powerful Logia users train their reflexes to the point where it seems like it is automatic, but in fact it's just a very quick reaction.
    Enel restarting his own heart says hello.

Status
    Jun 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Boa Hancock View Post
    >_>

There are some irregularities...........

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

What happened with Smoker was that it was so quick and unexpected that he wasn't even able to make himself intangible. And although he is a badass and very strong, he was nowhere near an Admiral's level, and so his reaction time wasn't as perfected. That's why Smoker didn't react to a slingshot Luffy but Kizaru was able to react to a bullet shot from behind.

In Caribou's case, it's not that he couldn't react, it's more because in that situation (He was completely alone in a foreign ship surrounded by powerful opponents), it was more profitable if he were to hide his powers and show defeat, so that he could plan his escape route when no one was expecting (Which he did, albeit stupidly got himself captured again).

It appears I was only partially right.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...1/c597/14.html

I was right in the sense that you can't train yourself to awaken it, nor can you train it to grow. The power grows stronger as the user grows stronger. So you were right, the power did grow, not because Luffy trained it, but because Luffy himself grew stronger. Likewise, as I said, the actual training he did relating to this kind of Haki was only to Control it, not to enhance it.
    Thanks

One of the top ten freakiest moments in OP for me. Watching that gave me chills.

>_>

There are some irregularities...........
    , Lili hates to be wrong

Status
    Jan 2011
    Sara is the best :D

Thanks, I get it now. I thought it was automatic

Invincible Immortal EternalMangekyouRinnegan's Avatar
    Status
    One Piece > Naruto

That's why Smoker didn't react to a slingshot Luffy but Kizaru was able to react to a bullet shot from behind.
    Kizaru and the rest of the admirals have Haki. It's almost impossible for them not to react since they already know they are going to be attacked.

Status
    Jun 2009

Quote Originally Posted by EternalMangekyouRinnegan View Post
    Kizaru and the rest of the admirals have Haki. It's almost impossible for them not to react since they already know they are going to be attacked.
    Exactly.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

umm ..why i rayleigh called the dark king ????

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Probably something to do with his abilities. We know he isn't a DF user because he swam into the sea, so maybe just because he was Roger's first mate?

Status
    Myobokuzan or die.

I forget.
    Have Tamanegi, Ninjin & Piiman been shown in any Cover Stories?

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

i read somewhere tat u can just bite a df and u will get its powers and u cant have the same fruit as someone else so wat if someone bites a fruit and someone else bites it

Status
    This user has no status.

Probably something to do with his abilities. We know he isn't a DF user because he swam into the sea, so maybe just because he was Roger's first mate?
    We'll just have to wait~

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I forget.
    Have Tamanegi, Ninjin & Piiman been shown in any Cover Stories?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Minato View Post
    i read somewhere tat u can just bite a df and u will get its powers and u cant have the same fruit as someone else so wat if someone bites a fruit and someone else bites it
    Huh? Make it more clearer, the question, please.

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

We'll just have to wait~

Yes.

Huh? Make it more clearer, the question, please.
    To better re word his question:

If two people were to split a devil fruit, would they both receive the powers from the fruit? Or would it not work at all?

Not sure this has been revealed yet^