The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Re: The One Piece 'Ask a Question' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Love Cook View Post
    Why should I make a seperate thread for something so small. I just wanted to show a picture of a real life pirate girl who conquered the seas on her own in a little boat at the age of 17.

And I think with a little imagination she looks a lot like Nami as well. If you read the entire post you would've known why you should pretend that she has red hair.
    she's not a pirate man

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    she's not a pirate man
    Figure of speech

The farthest most 17 year old's have been from their home is a couple of streets while she had her own adventures and sailed all over the world.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Why should I make a seperate thread for something so small. I just wanted to show a picture of a real life pirate girl who conquered the seas on her own in a little boat at the age of 17.

And I think with a little imagination she looks a lot like Nami as well. If you read the entire post you would've known why you should pretend that she has red hair.
    wow! You really have something for nami in your heart...sanji San...
    Btw this is question thread that's why I said that...

Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Question : Why did not boa use slave arrow against luffy when she encountered him while bathing? .it would have turned him to stone irrespective of whether he had attraction or not

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by windrider View Post
    Question : Why did not boa use slave arrow against luffy when she encountered him while bathing? .it would have turned him to stone irrespective of whether he had attraction or not
    Oh sorry, I forgot about this.

It's because Mero Mero Merrow had been working up to that point, don't fix what isn't broken right? Of course it failed, then with that the shock. It's like shooting a guy with an SMG only to find out it didn't work, you'd be shocked out of your mind too, when an ordinary fist would work.

Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Boa Hancock View Post
    Oh sorry, I forgot about this.

It's because Mero Mero Merrow had been working up to that point, don't fix what isn't broken right? Of course it failed, then with that the shock. It's like shooting a guy with an SMG only to find out it didn't work, you'd be shocked out of your mind too, when an ordinary fist would work.
    so are you saying Oda didn't think about perfume feur till that point

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

so are you saying Oda didn't think about perfume feur till that point
    No, I'm saying character reactions played a part why she didn't use Perfume Femur or Slave Arrow in there. It's like launching a V-2 rocket. That rocket can decimate a small village and kill everyone in there, but it's so slow and easily spotted that you can get out of its range while having time to take a 10 minute bath.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

so are you saying Oda didn't think about perfume femur till that point
    You are over thinking it, the whole point was that Luffy and Boa would meet. Besides that it was done this way for comedy relief.

If Oda was thinking anything, it was about the story. step 1) how do I make Luffy and Boa friends.

If Oda wanted to kill Luffy he would've fallen off his boat in chapter 1.

Why was captain Kuro able to wait for years with his plan if he was such an impatient man..

Oda Oda Oda...

Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You are over thinking it, the whole point was that Luffy and Boa would meet. Besides that it was done this way for comedy relief.

If Oda was thinking anything, it was about the story. step 1) how do I make Luffy and Boa friends.

If Oda wanted to kill Luffy he would've fallen off his boat in chapter 1.

Why was captain Kuro able to wait for years with his plan if he was such an impatient man..

Oda Oda Oda...
    m i could not do much except smiling :D .

Question :Last Manga chapter last page,When they entered New World ,They were some serious lightning strike at the back ground .There are serious confusion if it is a normal lightning storm or the lightning island among fans .I too believe it is the lightning island cause they were carried along the current of the gigantic whales. what do u guys think ?

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

m i could not do much except smiling :D .

Question :Last Manga chapter last page,When they entered New World ,They were some serious lightning strike at the back ground .There are serious confusion if it is a normal lightning storm or the lightning island among fans .I too believe it is the lightning island cause they were carried along the current of the gigantic whales. what do u guys think ?
    If they are that close to an island it wouldn't make any sense when Nami says that the compasses are all over the place. In the case of an island at least on compass should be locked onto the thunder island.

I believe that the top part of the page are clouds, then there is some white which is the sky in the distance below that there are huge waves crashing into each other. But we'll know for sure next week.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

question: how long do you think we will have to wait until a reunion of smoker and luffy tashigi and zoro because i mean they showed them two chapters ago the he takes them on a white smoke ride and completely skips them do you guys think they are close to their marine base or maybe close to them on cause its like he tempted us with the prospect of seeing those two then just with the next chapter he took it away from us

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by the legendary sanin View Post
    question: how long do you think we will have to wait until a reunion of smoker and luffy tashigi and zoro because i mean they showed them two chapters ago the he takes them on a white smoke ride and completely skips them do you guys think they are close to their marine base or maybe close to them on cause its like he tempted us with the prospect of seeing those two then just with the next chapter he took it away from us
    No, Oda never tempted us. He just placed the certainty that the SH will meet them later. In how many arcs we wouldn't know, but they will meet. Now, as for being close to G5, I don't think so. Whitestrom clearly took them far from the base, since the boats fleeing FI that Hodi destroyed all floated up to G5.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

haha well he tempted me i was looking forward to it well only time will tell when we will see them i was thinking it would be pretty much immediatly because they met him before they entered the grand line then towards the end of the alabasta arc so maybe if they do it the same since they kind of already are in the 2nd half im thinking/hoping towards the end of this first arc maybe if the big mama comes to furition and its the first thing they do in the 2nd half i would think maybe somewhere towards the end the might meet again but who knows i doubt im even in the ballpark haha

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'd be happy if they teamed up against Big Mam.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

:whoa: i never thought something like that :flaw: shame on me haha that would be amazing but now how would we have them team up against Big Mama?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Check this out

Bottom Panel

Here's a closer view

Did Oda explain in an SBS why WB's Jolly Roger on Ace's back on this page is a Swastika?
    And it seems to be like that for many pages after.

Later it ends up like this

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

It went from this

to this

Did the Tattoo evolve?

Last edited by Hyperion; 01-29-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Check this out

Bottom Panel

Here's a closer view

Did Oda explain in an SBS why WB's Jolly Roger on Ace's back on this page is a Swastika?
    And it seems to be like that for many pages after.

Later it ends up like this

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

It went from this

to this

Did the Tattoo evolve?
    No,

Originally in the manga, a manji was behind it instead of a cross, while the current version is originally only used in the anime in order to avoid confusion with a swastika, like the ones used for Nazi flags. The swastika symbol used by the Nazis is not to be confused with the symbol Oda chose to use, though, as the Nazi one has the arms of the cross bent at right angles while the Whitebeard one has them bent at left. However, in Shonen Jump #50, Oda commented that from Chapter 434 onwards he would have to use the cross version of the flag in the manga as well, being told to do so by the higher-ups at Shueisha.

censorship..

source: One Piece Wiki

Last edited by Love Cook; 01-29-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Leave it to Hitler to ruin a symbol of Buddhism, the most peaceful religion in the world.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

owh so that how it was

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

No,

Originally in the manga, a manji was behind it instead of a cross, while the current version is originally only used in the anime in order to avoid confusion with a swastika, like the ones used for Nazi flags. The swastika symbol used by the Nazis is not to be confused with the symbol Oda chose to use, though, as the Nazi one has the arms of the cross bent at right angles while the Whitebeard one has them bent at left. However, in Shonen Jump #50, Oda commented that from Chapter 434 onwards he would have to use the cross version of the flag in the manga as well, being told to do so by the higher-ups at Shueisha.

censorship..

source: One Piece Wiki

I see.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heister View Post
    Leave it to Hitler to ruin a symbol of Buddhism, the most peaceful religion in the world.
    True that.
    At least he's no longer alive... or is he?

Sojourner of the West LikeItMuch's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Now that Luffy has learned Busoshoku Haki would it be safe to assume that the next time luffy verses Smoker that he's going to beat him? And why the f*ck hasn't Zoro been trained to use Busoshoku Haki. Although Mihawk might of right?

Bored and voicing random thoughts

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeItMuch View Post
    Now that Luffy has learned Busoshoku Haki would it be safe to assume that the next time luffy verses Smoker that he's going to beat him? And why the f*ck hasn't Zoro been trained to use Busoshoku Haki. Although Mihawk might of right?

Bored and voicing random thoughts
    Who says he didn't get trained in it? I'm seriously getting annoyed by all this misconceptions about Haki. Apparently a lot of people think that just by snapping your fingers you will learn it and that you can suddenly hit all logia types. Luffy was an exception, he had one of the best Haki trainers in the world, while most people probably don't have a trainer, and he was naturally talented. However he already used Haki even before the timeskip, BB said in ID that Luffy's Haki got improved, in fact all the strawhats already used haki pre-timeskip as none of them was affected by Rayleigh's King Disposition.

Only a very rare few can develop their haki so well that they can hit logia types and then you also need to take into consideration the opponent's haki. Vista was only able to slice Akainu's lava body a bit, while Shanks was able to completely block it.

Zoro has haki and he uses it, however that doesn't mean he already has the ability to cut down any kind of logia user. He nor Sanji didn't saw any problem in taking down Cariboo, even though Luffy took him down, if they didn't had haki how could they do it then? Also Sanji mentioned the King's Disposition during the fight with the NFP, while none of the strawhats said anything about haki pre-timeskip and Cariboo has incredibly weak haki.

That's why your comment about Smoker is not true either as the only thing that's changed now that is that Luffy now actually has a bigger chance to hit Smoker, but it's far away now to say that you can assume he will beat Smoker.

Ex-5th division captain Kyoukasuigetsu's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Top of las noches among hollow followers!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Who says he didn't get trained in it? I'm seriously getting annoyed by all this misconceptions about Haki. Apparently a lot of people think that just by snapping your fingers you will learn it and that you can suddenly hit all logia types. Luffy was an exception, he had one of the best Haki trainers in the world, while most people probably don't have a trainer, and he was naturally talented. However he already used Haki even before the timeskip, BB said in ID that Luffy's Haki got improved, in fact all the strawhats already used haki pre-timeskip as none of them was affected by Rayleigh's King Disposition.

Only a very rare few can develop their haki so well that they can hit logia types and then you also need to take into consideration the opponent's haki. Vista was only able to slice Akainu's lava body a bit, while Shanks was able to completely block it.

Zoro has haki and he uses it, however that doesn't mean he already has the ability to cut down any kind of logia user. He nor Sanji didn't saw any problem in taking down Cariboo, even though Luffy took him down, if they didn't had haki how could they do it then? Also Sanji mentioned the King's Disposition during the fight with the NFP, while none of the strawhats said anything about haki pre-timeskip and Cariboo has incredibly weak haki.

That's why your comment about Smoker is not true either as the only thing that's changed now that is that Luffy now actually has a bigger chance to hit Smoker, but it's far away now to say that you can assume he will beat Smoker.
    My thoughts exactly!!!!!

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah we dont know if he can win just he will be able to put up a fight and yeah what would happen zoro could use haki on his swords though like what increase could he do because i mean he can already use a 360 pound cannon with 1 sword and piece through a sea king what could a swordsman do with haki other than cut a logia/block a logia type?

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time

umm ok this is a weird question but umm when WB was stabbed the sword went through his body and came out the back. did he hav like a hole in his back?