3 4.29%
  • Other(name)

14 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
    Status
    This user has no status.

Tobi's identity

Yeah, its been made lots of times but i wanted to do a rundown:

I'll give points for and against everyone so you can decide for yourself.

So far, the candidates thought to possibly be Tobi are:

1. Madara clone/copy
    2. Obito
    3. Kagami
    4. Izuna
    5. Shisui
    6. The 1st Uchiha
    7. Fugaku Uchiha

If we analyze them:

1. Madara clone/copy:

For:
    Tobi has vast knowledge, on many things such as history of the uchiha, their feud with the Senju since the founding of Konoha that only Madara could have had. Madara was the only known uchiha who had controlled the Kyuubi like Tobi did.
    Against:
    Madara was revived via IWR. This technique cannot work if the soul of the person summoned is in the impure world(this world), where Tobi was. Plot wise it also seems to destroy the whole point of him being brought back if Tobi=Madara.

2.Obito:

For:
    Kakashi's MS which was originally taken from Obito, has a jutsu that looks similar to the one Tobi uses.And Tobi kept his right eye uncovered, while Kakashi took the left eye.
    Against:
    Obito would have no reason to take over the world and could'nt have gained so much power so fast. -.-

3.Kagami:

For:
    Was around at the time of the 2nd hokage, so he could have learned space time from him. He was also associated with the elders who have a lot of knowledge on Konoha, etc.
    Against:
    He's basically almost filler and has no role outside the flashback of Danzo so he does'nt fit in the plot.

4. Izuna:

For:
    He was Madara's brother, no one would know more about how to imitate him. He was likely to have read the uchiha stone tablet and learned many things with his Mangekyuo Sharingan.
    Against:
    Izuna's body was shown dead in the coffin. He also lost his eyes when Madara attained EMS.

5.Shisui:

For:
    His name has been used many times by Kishi, in the 5 kage arc and when Itachi's gift to Naruto is revealed. His genjutsu could control others w/o them noticing, like Danzo controlled Mifune, so its possible when Tobi controlled the Mizukage the same/similar tech was used
    Against:
    Shisui was said to have drowned in part 1. One eye was shown in Danzo's possesion, the other in Itachi's.

6.The 1st Uchiha:

For:
    He was the elder son of the Sage of the 6 paths, so no one would have as much knowledge as him and this may explain how Tobi knows so much about the paths of the rikkudo.
    Against:
    He lived a very long time ago, outdating the ninja world itself and should'nt be alive after so much time. His face is also unknown to everyone, so no one will recognize him even if Tobi takes off his mask(plot hole).

7.Fugaku Uchiha:

For:
    He was absent during the night of the kyuubi attack, as said by Itachi and may have been the orchestrator. It would also explain why Tobi never condemned Itachi even after being betrayed by him, and why he's always protective of Sasuke, not handing him over to Kabuto even after seeing Edo Madara.
    Against: Fugaku is not likely to have learnt so much about the Kyuubi and the history of the Sage, etc. He was also shown to be killed by Itachi.

Your decision, me i'm still undecided.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Tobi's identity

it cant be obito.. cause tobi was a larger man when he faught the 4th, while kakashi was still a preteen.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

I think Tobi is Madara's thoughts and ambitions (not soul) before he died. Madara probably used a Yin-Yang technique to make this happen since he has both Uchiha and Senju dna. Im not sure if it is in a Zetsu body or if it is in another persons body and it doesn't explain how he got the Sharingan.

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Its some random guy for sure.... trust me

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak View Post
    I think Tobi is Madara's thoughts and ambitions (not soul) before he died. Madara probably used a Yin-Yang technique to make this happen before he died. Im not sure if it is in a Zetsu body or if it is in another persons body and it doesn't explain how he got the Sharingan.
    But who occupies the physical vessel of Tobi? Thoughts can't control the kyuubi and stuff. Just saying.

Status
    Oct 2011
    behind you with a knife breathing down your back
    This user has no status.

its a new person

Status
    This user has no status.

Whoever is saying new person, use a name . I'm almost 100 % sure kishi would not have made all this hype about Tobi and his mask for nothing.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Sage of the six paths. Nuff said

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoKage2 View Post
    But who occupies the physical vessel of Tobi? Thoughts can't control the kyuubi and stuff. Just saying.
    Oh yeh that is true. Well it might be a completly different persons body, but with a copy of Madara's brain (before he died) and Madara's chakra.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak View Post
    Oh yeh that is true. Well it might be a completly different persons body, but with a copy of Madara's brain (before he died) and Madara's chakra.
    I guess, but that kinda sounds like option 1 to me.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

I guess, but that kinda sounds like option 1 to me.
    Yes basically option 1 but without Madara's soul. The only other person he could be is Kagami, but I don't really think it would be him.

Last edited by iSpeak; 11-21-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Lost in the path of life!

It is Izuna! Madara and Izuna plotted something together! As they were equal in every way! Tobi must be someone madara knew before he died. So Tobi is Izuna!

Status
    Nov 2011
    ~God of Uchiha~

i sure hope its not some random ninja becuase that would be very dissapointing. It would be like naruto dieing and not becoming hokage it would just be pointless.

Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2011
    War. War Never Changes

I believe it may be Madara brother. If you seen the part when Tobi told Sasuke the part when Madara took his brother eyes,Tobi clenched his hand into a fist.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ~WastelandSociety~ View Post
    I believe it may be Madara brother. If you seen the part when Tobi told Sasuke the part when Madara took his brother eyes,Tobi clenched his hand into a fist.
    I thought you'd say Obito with your sig lol. But yeah, Izuna might be possible.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

1) Madara clone/copy
    It cannot be clone as we seen madara using Susanoo, wood release, rinnegan techniques and Tobi is using Space-Time Ninjutsu and doesnt even have his own rinnegan

2) Obito
    He was alredy dead and to young to be tobi as tobi was alot bigger when he fought minato

3) Kagami
    The 2nd hokage could teached him time-space ninjutsu and 2nd hokage knew about hashimiras life so he could get many information from him. I think tobi is Kagami

4) Izuna
    Madara killed his brother when he took his eyes so he couldnt survivuve and tobi isnt edo tensei

5) Shisui
    Hes the same as Itachi; he wanted to protect konoha not to destroy it

6) The 1st Uchiha
    His eyes were looking total different then sharingan or rinnegan

7) Fugaku Uchiha
    We saw him dead in the uchiha massacre

Status
    Feb 2011
    War. War Never Changes

I thought you'd say Obito with your sig lol. But yeah, Izuna might be possible.
    lol No why would Tobi be Obito.Obito is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejkl3 View Post
    1) Madara clone/copy
    It cannot be clone as we seen madara using Susanoo, wood release, rinnegan techniques and Tobi is using Space-Time Ninjutsu and doesnt even have his own rinnegan

2) Obito
    He was alredy dead and to young to be tobi as tobi was alot bigger when he fought minato

3) Kagami
    The 2nd hokage could teached him time-space ninjutsu and 2nd hokage knew about hashimiras life so he could get many information from him. I think tobi is Kagami

4) Izuna
    Madara killed his brother when he took his eyes so he couldnt survivuve and tobi isnt edo tensei

5) Shisui

6) The 1st Uchiha

7) Fugaku Uchiha
    1) He probably mean Tobi is a clone of Madara by DNA and zetsu cells.
    3)I don't think Tobi is Kagami.
    4) Madara could have revive.Plus Madara had to trust someone with his plan. Their brothers after all.

Last edited by ~WastelandSociety~; 11-21-2011 at 05:04 PM.

last of a dying breed Second2none's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    on my hokage shit

I still thinks its obito for a few reason...the wearing of the mask only showing his left eye and never actually seeing him die. He could of been saved easily by someone stronger. Obito would have a perfect reason to be doing all this cause war is what almost killed him and I would assume killed his love rin or whatever her name was. My assumption is since madara said in the manga he lived long and would have been around when obito so called died, he could have saved him some how by adding zetsu to his crushed body and then training to continue his work after he dead. A little proof of this is when madara is talking to kabuto in the manga he ask him if he knows of "our" plan meaning he was purpose to brough back by tobi or by using nagato rinnigan. I'm new to this so this is just my observation watching the show and also reading the manga.

Status
    Feb 2011
    War. War Never Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Second2none View Post
    I still thinks its obito for a few reason...the wearing of the mask only showing his left eye and never actually seeing him die. He could of been saved easily by someone stronger. Obito would have a perfect reason to be doing all this cause war is what almost killed him and I would assume killed his love rin or whatever her name was. My assumption is since madara said in the manga he lived long and would have been around when obito so called died, he could have saved him some how by adding zetsu to his crushed body and then training to continue his work after he dead. A little proof of this is when madara is talking to kabuto in the manga he ask him if he knows of "our" plan meaning he was purpose to brough back by tobi or by using nagato rinnigan. I'm new to this so this is just my observation watching the show and also reading the manga.
    Jutsu (Earth)+Boulders+ Humen= Death..Theres no way Obito lived through that.Plus he loved the Leaf and wanted to protect people. I highly doubt Obito is Tobi.

last of a dying breed Second2none's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    on my hokage shit

Quote Originally Posted by ~WastelandSociety~ View Post
    Jutsu (Earth)+Boulders+ Humen= Death..Theres no way Obito lived through that.Plus he loved the Leaf and wanted to protect people. I highly doubt Obito is Tobi.
    true but madara's point to all this so it wont be no more war...so in a crazy way it will help people. and he didnt insantly die...he just faded to black. like i said they could of used zetsu to bold with his body since half of it was crushed. you seen when tobi was fght danzo's two guys, his left arm got damaged and he just took it off like it was nothing.

Status
    Feb 2011
    War. War Never Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Second2none View Post
    true but madara's point to all this so it wont be no more war...so in a crazy way it will help people. and he didnt insantly die...he just faded to black. like i said they could of used zetsu to bold with his body since half of it was crushed. you seen when tobi was fght danzo's two guys, his left arm got damaged and he just took it off like it was nothing.
    His whole body was crashed after Kakashi and Rin escaped.Boulders startd to fall on other parts of his body. I don't think Zetsu could bring back a body that was smashed like an orange.. But Tobi does have some Zetsu parts.

Academy Student HashiramavsMadara's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

I think it is izuna also but that doesnt explain how he got another sharingan!!!

BumbleBeeTuna Lord Imm0rtal bAstard's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2010
    In the void

Quote Originally Posted by HashiramavsMadara View Post
    I think it is izuna also but that doesnt explain how he got another sharingan!!!
    Tobi's got a whole lab with all kinds of sets of eyes... It would be easy for him to pick one. I also think the reason for him to hide one of his eyes was because, like Kakashi, that was drawing his chakra out. Whoever he is, that eye with the space-time nin is really his own eye and this proves he is really an Uchiha. Probably someone we know quite little about (Izuna or Kagami) or we have yet to see. Just like Zetsu said, Tobi is TOBI.
    But the theory I support the most is that he's some kind of Madara clone, not part of his soul, but really an embodiment of his thoughts and mind put in a Zetsu clone.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejkl3 View Post
    1) Madara clone/copy

2) Obito

3) Kagami

4) Izuna

5) Shisui

6) The 1st Uchiha

7) Fugaku Uchiha
    Thats a totally biased review. Idk if its Kagami or not, but Kagami was never shown with MS or anything so how did he control Kyuubi/know so much about SO6P...?

Academy Student meyakuXnishiaru508's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Something I pondered for a while was the off chance that tobi was tobimaru, the second hokage. Unfortunately he was sealed by the 3rd in the fight with orochimaru. But tobimaru was skilled in space _tnime ninjutsu. Maybe there was a loop hole and he never died saving his party in the war and he wasn't fully resurrected with oro's edo tensai.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»