Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 58
  1. #1
    Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife...or not
    Posts
    15,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now this user has a status
    albeit its a lame one!
     



    Blackbeard

    Possible Spoilers up ahead



    I've been thinking. Blackbeard supposedly doesn't do anything without a purpose. He joined Whitebeard to improve his chances of getting a hold of the Dark Dark Fruit. Then he killed Tatch to actually be able to eat it.

    Those situations alone bring up a question right of the bat. Why does he want the Dark Dark Fruit? He did say he wanted it because it was the most powerful Logia in the world. But why does he want power? Why does he want to become the Pirate King? Does he believe that One Piece is a humongous treasure, or does he know of something we don't?

    Moving on, we assume Whitebeard was at the New World when Teach abandoned the ship. But where did he go from there? Why did he leave the New World? Why didn't he recruit a crew there and moved on. Pirates from the New World have to be a whole lot stronger than pirates from other places, in general I mean. And being in the New World would certainly make it easier to reach Raftel. Was he looking for someone specific?

    Moving on, we know Blackbeard gathered a prestigious crew, Laffite, Doc and Stronger, Jesus and Augur. He may have traveled out of the New World to get them, we do know Lafitte is from West Blue, so maybe Blackbeard left new World just to get these crew members. What makes them so special?

    Either way, it seemed Blackbeard wanted to lay low for a bit, and decided to only show up once he had caught an infamous large bounty and buying his entry in the Shichibunkai. But something bugged me. Why did he rampaged on the Drum Kingdom? I initially thought he wanted to find a doctor there, given that it was know to have the best doctors in the world, but looking back on the picture it clearly showed 4 members appart from him, despite looking different (They were drawn quite a while, it is no surprise Oda changed his mind about the character's looks)



    So Doc was already there. Then why? He was keeping a low profile, and certainly attacking one of the Kingdom that participates in the Reverie is not a good idea. So what were his reasons?

    So yeah, that's what's been bugging me. We know Blackbeard wanted the Shichibunkai title to get into Impel Down and we know he wanted to get into Impel Down to recruit the baddest among the worse criminals, and he did that so he could challenge Whitebeard and get his powers, the strongest Paramecia in the world. But why did he do it? What are his true motives?

    So, why Drum Kingdom, and what are his true ambitions?

    As a side-note: There is a theory around the fandom called the Chimera Theory, based on a real life phenomenon. People think Blackbeard is actually 3 people in one (sounds less crazy if you are presented with all the facts), and each person can have one DF of each type. Thus Dark Dark Fruit, Logia. Quake Quake Fruit, Paramecia. If this was true, what would the strongest Zoan fruit be?

    Chimera Theory:
     
         
    Last edited by Lili-Chwan; 12-01-2011 at 11:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Member omkara's Avatar
    Status
    omkara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    My theory is that Blackbeard is a guy from the era just after Roger and he must already have had a shot at traveling through Grand line to Raftel. He must have lost to the tides, the first time but also gained enough experience to understand what they need to capture Grand line. Seeing how he immediately was able to form a crew once he abandoned Whitebeard's ship, I believe that his old crew members after a failed attempt to Raftel abandoned their ship and went in search for powers to individually develop themselves to a point where they can reach Raftel in their next attempt. I believe that some of his crew members might have turned themselves into pirate captains and having caught by world government must have been imprisoned. My guess is that, the crew comprising now were previously the same. Its just a test of power that Blackbeard asked them to fight among themselves to see who are stronger. I believe that they having gone on their own terms needed to prove their power to Blackbeard in order to join back into the crew.

    In his search for power, he must first have chanced an encounter with shanks crew during his first failed voyage and left his mark on shanks, who did not forget the capabilities Blackbeard has. After going into hiding for few years to develop skill, he must have understood the probability of finding the powerful fruits is more on Whitebeard ship, he joined WB's crew.

    As of the theory of Blackbeard trying to obtain the best of the three devil fruits is simply possible. Its probably a good theory and would be interesting to understand what happens when a person eats three DF's. If its a Zoan type fruit, I would guess the powerful one would be Lernaean Hydra or Colchian Dragon.

    Blackbeard can be seen as quite a contrary to Luffy but having similar ambition.
     
         

  3. #3
    Member Nikos150's Avatar
    Status
    Nikos150 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Omg i love you about this theory, + rep (i mean Lii-chwan) , and sorry i didn't really liked the second theory, but THAT'S EXACTLY WHY ONE PIECE IS THE BEST ANIME, SO MANY THEORIES, tell me an anime that can make so many theories like one piece, everything is connecting nothing happens for no reason in one piece, even laboon that seemed so stupid is brooks history and many things actually that i am bored to mention :P ...ONE PIECE is already the best anime , so i am really curious to see what will happened after one piece ends, it will surpass dragonball and every other anime tottaly...there will be no doubt anymore about it's greatness
     
         

  4. #4
    Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife...or not
    Posts
    15,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now this user has a status
    albeit its a lame one!
     



    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by omkara View Post
    My theory is that Blackbeard is a guy from the era just after Roger and he must already have had a shot at traveling through Grand line to Raftel. He must have lost to the tides, the first time but also gained enough experience to understand what they need to capture Grand line. Seeing how he immediately was able to form a crew once he abandoned Whitebeard's ship, I believe that his old crew members after a failed attempt to Raftel abandoned their ship and went in search for powers to individually develop themselves to a point where they can reach Raftel in their next attempt. I believe that some of his crew members might have turned themselves into pirate captains and having caught by world government must have been imprisoned. My guess is that, the crew comprising now were previously the same. Its just a test of power that Blackbeard asked them to fight among themselves to see who are stronger. I believe that they having gone on their own terms needed to prove their power to Blackbeard in order to join back into the crew.

    In his search for power, he must first have chanced an encounter with shanks crew during his first failed voyage and left his mark on shanks, who did not forget the capabilities Blackbeard has. After going into hiding for few years to develop skill, he must have understood the probability of finding the powerful fruits is more on Whitebeard ship, he joined WB's crew.

    As of the theory of Blackbeard trying to obtain the best of the three devil fruits is simply possible. Its probably a good theory and would be interesting to understand what happens when a person eats three DF's. If its a Zoan type fruit, I would guess the powerful one would be Lernaean Hydra or Colchian Dragon.

    Blackbeard can be seen as quite a contrary to Luffy but having similar ambition.
    That would explain alot, but it can't be correct. Blackbeard joined Whitebeard at the age of 16. And someone as powerful as to almost reach Raftel couldn't pass by unnoticed, especially if he was that young. It would certainly explain why he got the initial crew, his aim and why he fought with Shanks, but nah.

    Btw, I don't think the new recruits have anything to do with his early days. I really just think they were simply the best of the best criminals.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos150 View Post
    Omg i love you about this theory, + rep (i mean Lii-chwan) , and sorry i didn't really liked the second theory, but THAT'S EXACTLY WHY ONE PIECE IS THE BEST ANIME, SO MANY THEORIES, tell me an anime that can make so many theories like one piece, everything is connecting nothing happens for no reason in one piece, even laboon that seemed so stupid is brooks history and many things actually that i am bored to mention :P ...ONE PIECE is already the best anime , so i am really curious to see what will happened after one piece ends, it will surpass dragonball and every other anime tottaly...there will be no doubt anymore about it's greatness
    Thank you Nikos! I share your love for One Piece
     
         

  5. #5
    Keyblade Warrior Infinite Mizu's Avatar
    Status
    Infinite Mizu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    2,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    this post isnt very long but im just gunna say this(dont count this whole yadda yadda plz)

    +Rep lol
     
         

  6. #6
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,245
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    because if he stay in the world after leaving Wb pirates, he will be easy to locate, not to mention WB have a lot allies in NW and also shanks still have a grudge with him, so the smart choice is to leave NW and form a new pirate crew in GL and find a way to join the shicibuckai and use that title to infiltrate the great prison and recruit the level 6 prisoners
     
         

  7. #7
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Blackbeard

    I just hope he has a chimera type of body and not 3 personalities, it would ruin the story and his awesome character.
    I think everyone who watched one piece has thought of blackbeard obtaining 3rd zoan-type df after he got whitebeards.
     
         

  8. #8
    Member Monkey d garp's Avatar
    Status
    Monkey d garp is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    965
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Possible Spoilers up ahead



    I've been thinking. Blackbeard supposedly doesn't do anything without a purpose. He joined Whitebeard to improve his chances of getting a hold of the Dark Dark Fruit. Then he killed Tatch to actually be able to eat it.

    Those situations alone bring up a question right of the bat. Why does he want the Dark Dark Fruit? He did say he wanted it because it was the most powerful Logia in the world. But why does he want power? Why does he want to become the Pirate King? Does he believe that One Piece is a humongous treasure, or does he know of something we don't?

    Moving on, we assume Whitebeard was at the New World when Teach abandoned the ship. But where did he go from there? Why did he leave the New World? Why didn't he recruit a crew there and moved on. Pirates from the New World have to be a whole lot stronger than pirates from other places, in general I mean. And being in the New World would certainly make it easier to reach Raftel. Was he looking for someone specific?

    Moving on, we know Blackbeard gathered a prestigious crew, Laffite, Doc and Stronger, Jesus and Augur. He may have traveled out of the New World to get them, we do know Lafitte is from West Blue, so maybe Blackbeard left new World just to get these crew members. What makes them so special?

    Either way, it seemed Blackbeard wanted to lay low for a bit, and decided to only show up once he had caught an infamous large bounty and buying his entry in the Shichibunkai. But something bugged me. Why did he rampaged on the Drum Kingdom? I initially thought he wanted to find a doctor there, given that it was know to have the best doctors in the world, but looking back on the picture it clearly showed 4 members appart from him, despite looking different (They were drawn quite a while, it is no surprise Oda changed his mind about the character's looks)



    So Doc was already there. Then why? He was keeping a low profile, and certainly attacking one of the Kingdom that participates in the Reverie is not a good idea. So what were his reasons?

    So yeah, that's what's been bugging me. We know Blackbeard wanted the Shichibunkai title to get into Impel Down and we know he wanted to get into Impel Down to recruit the baddest among the worse criminals, and he did that so he could challenge Whitebeard and get his powers, the strongest Paramecia in the world. But why did he do it? What are his true motives?

    So, why Drum Kingdom, and what are his true ambitions?

    As a side-note: There is a theory around the fandom called the Chimera Theory, based on a real life phenomenon. People think Blackbeard is actually 3 people in one (sounds less crazy if you are presented with all the facts), and each person can have one DF of each type. Thus Dark Dark Fruit, Logia. Quake Quake Fruit, Paramecia. If this was true, what would the strongest Zoan fruit be?

    Chimera Theory:
    That theory is awesome never thought about blackbeard to have more personalities and that pirate flag is suspicious too , i hope this theory is true stongest logia paramecia and zoan and than luffy comes with his gum gum and beats the shit out of him and now that you mention it i think blackbeard knows more about the the raftel then we think.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member Kagutsuchi's Avatar
    Status
    Kagutsuchi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Why Do You ask, Stalker ?
    Posts
    17,416
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Blackbeard

    So for now Blackbeard has two most powerful DF powers in their respective category, and its safe to say IF he can get one more and He wants Zoan, He'll be going for the most powerful Zoan type ( Mythical Zoan Type ). Marco was there, If Phoenix was the most powerful Mythical Zoan BB would have gone for it that instant. But now I believe He knows about other Mythical Zoan far more powerful than Marco. If He gets that and Luffy being main character beats him, that would be pathetic.

    I mean, alright Luffy has King's Haki, But his Gomu Gomu isn't nearly enough to beat Dark Fruit or Earthquake alone. How would he accomplish beating 3 combined Strongest DF powers Unless somehow his whole crew combines with him

    I still think giving BB 2 DF wasn't a good move from ODA. He has shown that Whitebeard with Earthquake Fruit ( And His Bad-ass-ness ) Was ruling the sea But BB isn't Stupid. He planned everything .. So I can fairly Say He is over powered atm. Giving him another DF power would just ruin it.
     
         

  10. #10
    Member Nikos150's Avatar
    Status
    Nikos150 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    i am sure Oda knows better, and i am sure luffy is gonna get more power ups too...
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member sexyprep1's Avatar
    Status
    sexyprep1 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Haine city, Florida
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    if blackbeard gets another df i will kill myself
     
         

  12. #12
    死を汚す前に Dracule's Avatar
    Status
    Dracule is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    11,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos150 View Post
    i am sure Oda knows better, and i am sure luffy is gonna get more power ups too...
    This isn't Bleach.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member omkara's Avatar
    Status
    omkara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Kagutsuchi View Post
    So for now Blackbeard has two most powerful DF powers in their respective category, and its safe to say IF he can get one more and He wants Zoan, He'll be going for the most powerful Zoan type ( Mythical Zoan Type ). Marco was there, If Phoenix was the most powerful Mythical Zoan BB would have gone for it that instant. But now I believe He knows about other Mythical Zoan far more powerful than Marco. If He gets that and Luffy being main character beats him, that would be pathetic.

    I mean, alright Luffy has King's Haki, But his Gomu Gomu isn't nearly enough to beat Dark Fruit or Earthquake alone. How would he accomplish beating 3 combined Strongest DF powers Unless somehow his whole crew combines with him

    I still think giving BB 2 DF wasn't a good move from ODA. He has shown that Whitebeard with Earthquake Fruit ( And His Bad-ass-ness ) Was ruling the sea But BB isn't Stupid. He planned everything .. So I can fairly Say He is over powered atm. Giving him another DF power would just ruin it.
    Luffy can be a beast with what he has ... Conqueror's HAKI is something even the world government feared and made the admirals consider Luffy as a bigger threat than Blackbeard who was on rampage. So do not take his powers easy!!! Luffy is still in developmental stages and we can expect more. We haven't seen the fully developed stages of HAKI yet. His unbreakable made him come this far. I for myself do not consider RUBBER to be a powerful weapon but look at what he has done?? He is remarkable interms of development.
    When he meets Blackbeard for a final fight, it would definetly be Epic and Luffy will be all set to take him down. Wait and Watch!!!!
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member sexyprep1's Avatar
    Status
    sexyprep1 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Haine city, Florida
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracule View Post
    This isn't Bleach.
    best thing ive heard all day and this isnt naruto ITS ONE PIECE ODA RULES
     
         

  15. #15
    死を汚す前に Dracule's Avatar
    Status
    Dracule is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    11,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by sexyprep1 View Post
    best thing ive heard all day and this isnt naruto ITS ONE PIECE ODA RULES
    I honestly hate when everytime a main character gets stronger, its considered a "powerup".
     
         

  16. #16
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Blackbeard

    Come on, beating blackbeard isn´t that hard, just throw his ass into the ocean:D
     
         

  17. #17
    死を汚す前に Dracule's Avatar
    Status
    Dracule is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New World
    Posts
    11,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWorldOfTsukuyomi View Post
    Come on, beating blackbeard isn´t that hard, just throw his ass into the ocean:D
    Good luck with that...
     
         

  18. #18
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracule View Post
    Good luck with that...
    Or secretly carry a sea-prison stone where you put on him when he punches you, then stab him in the head.
     
         

  19. #19
    Member Nikos150's Avatar
    Status
    Nikos150 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracule View Post
    I honestly hate when everytime a main character gets stronger, its considered a "powerup".
    i didn't consider it as a powerup i just stated it in a wrong way, and i am not a bleach fanboy if that's what you think
     
         

  20. #20
    Wesobi's Avatar
    Status
    Wesobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Running circles around a square house.
    Posts
    14,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because we can! U_U
     



    Re: Blackbeard

    I wonder how BB was able to do all the research for this, because you can't just be all "Oh, look what I found out, well that happens to come in handy".

    + How did he know that he wasn't going to die after eating a second DF? Perhaps he has something to do with Vegapunk...
     
         

  21. #21
    Pirate Empress Boa Hancock's Avatar
    Status
    Boa Hancock is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazon Lily
    Posts
    1,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Or perhaps he did his research effectively.
     
         

  22. #22
    Member omkara's Avatar
    Status
    omkara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    That would explain alot, but it can't be correct. Blackbeard joined Whitebeard at the age of 16. And someone as powerful as to almost reach Raftel couldn't pass by unnoticed, especially if he was that young. It would certainly explain why he got the initial crew, his aim and why he fought with Shanks, but nah.
    I didn't knew that he was 16 when he joined. Can you please provide where in manga can I check about that??!!! And considering what you said is true, I think all those years he spent on WB's ship, he could have dome good research about Raftel!!! I still do not see how he got involved with Shanks!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWorldOfTsukuyomi View Post
    Or secretly carry a sea-prison stone where you put on him when he punches you, then stab him in the head.
    He is gonna be a major antagonist to this episode and I would want him to be dead so easily!!!! Luffy has to have a major duel with him and then seeing him go down would be justifiable to both characters
     
         
    Last edited by omkara; 12-03-2011 at 04:13 PM.

  23. #23
    Smiling Assassin s0ulja's Avatar
    Status
    s0ulja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    interesting theory, the flag is probably the strongest support, though as Kagutsuchi mentioned seems a bit over the top. since i don't see how luffy's emperors haki would come into play against BB unless there's something about that haki we dont know, for instance it, overpowers the will of weaker minds..BB def doesnt't fall in that category.
    why he left the new world... wasn bb initially intending to capture luffy in order to join the 7 warlords but his plan didnt go through n bumping into ace wasnt his choice. plus as one of the other members mentioned BB most probably left new world to stay away from encountering WB
     
         

  24. #24
    Keyblade Warrior Infinite Mizu's Avatar
    Status
    Infinite Mizu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    2,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
     

    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by myworldoftsukuyomi View Post
    come on, beating blackbeard isn´t that hard, just throw his ass into the ocean:D
    lol :D
     
         

  25. #25
    I am jack's wasted life. Mercy's Avatar
    Status
    Mercy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,146
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Blackbeard

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesobi View Post
    + How did he know that he wasn't going to die after eating a second DF? Perhaps he has something to do with Vegapunk...
    That sounds like something plausible. And that Chimera theory is really awesome, Kurohige probably isn't as stupid as we think.
     
         

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •