Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Blackbeard

i believe Blackbeard had eaten Devil Fruit long before he has got his hands on Yami Yami no Mi. mystical Zoan Fruit - Inu Inu no Mi: Model Cerberus/Kerberos. This could explain three-headed Jolly Roger that BB has. Later he aquired Yami Yami no Mi (we all know how). He ate it with his Cerberos' second mouth (since first mouth was already 'used' by Zoan Fruit). This somehow prevented him from dying caused by eating two Devil Fruits. Finally, at Marineford he used his Yami Yami power to extract Gura Gura no Mi fruit (or sole GuraGura power) from dead Whitebeard (We know Yami Yami no Mi can meddle with DF users' power so maybe it can do that.) and he cosumed it (be it fruit or said extracted power of GuraGura Fruit) with his Cerberos' third mouth. Therefore, Blackbeard is now Ultimate Devil Fruit User being in possesion of one of each of Zoan, Logia and Paramecia Devil Fruits.?

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Akademic View Post
    i believe Blackbeard had eaten Devil Fruit long before he has got his hands on Yami Yami no Mi. mystical Zoan Fruit - Inu Inu no Mi: Model Cerberus/Kerberos. This could explain three-headed Jolly Roger that BB has. Later he aquired Yami Yami no Mi (we all know how). He ate it with his Cerberos' second mouth (since first mouth was already 'used' by Zoan Fruit). This somehow prevented him from dying caused by eating two Devil Fruits. Finally, at Marineford he used his Yami Yami power to extract Gura Gura no Mi fruit (or sole GuraGura power) from dead Whitebeard (We know Yami Yami no Mi can meddle with DF users' power so maybe it can do that.) and he cosumed it (be it fruit or said extracted power of GuraGura Fruit) with his Cerberos' third mouth. Therefore, Blackbeard is now Ultimate Devil Fruit User being in possesion of one of each of Zoan, Logia and Paramecia Devil Fruits.?
    another interesting theory, yeah that is also possible since we are all expecting him to get a third devil fruit

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    I don't know you, but I will
    find you, and I will lame you)
    Not before I find you and Lame
    you! This is bullying, you
    lame lamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesobi View Post
    I wonder how BB was able to do all the research for this, because you can't just be all "Oh, look what I found out, well that happens to come in handy".

+ How did he know that he wasn't going to die after eating a second DF? Perhaps he has something to do with Vegapunk...
    I've been thinking about it. What if he came to Drum Kingdom to speak with Dr. Kureha? I think there might be some kind of organization linking all the badass old people we met, naming Dr. Kureha, Dr. Clover and Dr. Vegapunk as some. It would have some kind of link with the Void Century or the Revolutionaries. Maybe Blackbeard infiltrated the organization and stole some information about how to reach the end of Grandline, or maybe a secret that would allow him to take the World Government's place as the ruler of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by omkara View Post
    I didn't knew that he was 16 when he joined. Can you please provide where in manga can I check about that??!!! And considering what you said is true, I think all those years he spent on WB's ship, he could have dome good research about Raftel!!! I still do not see how he got involved with Shanks!!!
    Read about it in One Piece wiki, it is not that hard to discover it by yourself.

I thought about that too, and I think it's a very plausible theory. I don't know if I'd like to see Blackbeard turn into a monster, because I prefer him to have a normal human appearance, yet super badass.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Lili-Chwan, you just mindf*cked me hard. I will come back to this topic as soon as I recover

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

though this seems plausible im sure we would have been told..unles he managed to keep it a secret from his crew and the world governemnt :s

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That Chimera theory thing seems pretty possible and is also backed up by that manga page. When Zorro mentions "It's they" I kinda got goosebumps. How'd the two figure something like that out? This is sooo exciting!

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

This Chimera theory is really interesting, especialy the flag good hint i wonder who come up with that !

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Man I can't believe that some people still haven't heared about the Cerberus theory, it's as old as One Piece itself.

The whole theory is based on the number 3 like skulls on BB flag and across Shank's face. which lead to speculation that BB had another fruit before the Yomi Yomi (We now know BB had a fang like weapon in the past).

Besides Oda already used a Cerberus in thriller bark. I mean if BB really is a Cerberus I don't think Oda would picture it like that.

BB was trying hard to find the yomi yomi probably because he had plans with it.

I don't think it's the cerberus fruit that gave him power to eat 3 fruits. I think it's the power of darkness from the yomi yomi that can nullify DF powers that enables BB to eat 2/maybe multiple fruits. But honestly I hope 2 is his limit. It would really wreck the story if he can eat anymore.

Oda always has been very careful with giving powers and bounties and haki. The last thing I want is that suddenly the NW is infested with 10000000000000000 bounty heads with all kinds of haki and overpowered skills and that BB has to eat 3 fruits and become like some Power Ranger boss who is undefeatable. Super ultimate power ranger fusion attack and big explosion in the background.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well put, Love Cook

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Love Cook always posts the good stuff.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    I don't know you, but I will
    find you, and I will lame you)
    Not before I find you and Lame
    you! This is bullying, you
    lame lamer!

Nice, the only part that isn't mine is the part you all comment the most... -_-

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Quote Originally Posted by Love Cook View Post
    Man I can't believe that some people still haven't heared about the Cerberus theory, it's as old as One Piece itself.

The whole theory is based on the number 3 like skulls on BB flag and across Shank's face. which lead to speculation that BB had another fruit before the Yomi Yomi (We now know BB had a fang like weapon in the past).

Besides Oda already used a Cerberus in thriller bark. I mean if BB really is a Cerberus I don't think Oda would picture it like that.

BB was trying hard to find the yomi yomi probably because he had plans with it.

I don't think it's the cerberus fruit that gave him power to eat 3 fruits. I think it's the power of darkness from the yomi yomi that can nullify DF powers that enables BB to eat 2/maybe multiple fruits. But honestly I hope 2 is his limit. It would really wreck the story if he can eat anymore.

Oda always has been very careful with giving powers and bounties and haki. The last thing I want is that suddenly the NW is infested with 10000000000000000 bounty heads with all kinds of haki and overpowered skills and that BB has to eat 3 fruits and become like some Power Ranger boss who is undefeatable. Super ultimate power ranger fusion attack and big explosion in the background.
    bold part: yeah since he want to use it to absorb WB power ::D

good theory i always wondering why Cerberus ? but now i can see the light but still its not bright enough its oda after all he's not kubo or mashima

+rep

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracule View Post
    I honestly hate when everytime a main character gets stronger, its considered a "powerup".
    Just like Luffy?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

In addition to Love Cook's post, in one of the FI flashbacks (I forgot which) Teach was shown wielding a wolverine-like weapon. That alone disproves the Cerberus theory altogether.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

-Bump-

As of now, Blackbeard is one the more intelligent characters.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i think blackbeard is probably gettin df and somehow givin them to his crew givin blackbeard 3 df is too much so he is probably makin his crew stronger

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Maybe they're after Enel too 0.0

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This is just freaky

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nice theory. :D
    YOu are right and he is going for a mythical zoan type.
    But WHO SAYS THAT HE IS GOING FOR MARCO?
    I BELIEVE THAT BLACKBEARD THINKS THAT MARCO´s devil fruit is not good for him.
    BLACKBEARD IS COMING FOR SENGOKU.
    I think that blackbeard will come for sengoku´s devil fruit. Think about it. IT would be a perfect combination. The best strongest body (zoan),powerfull attacks (paramecia) and good defense and abosrbation (logia).
    HE WOULD DOMINATE WITH THAT THREE.
    I think that blackbeard will come for sengoku. He and his crew find sengoku in a town and teach tells him his plans and that sengoku is next. Then comes gapr and then comes a clash. BLACKBEARD PIRATES VS NAVY LEGENDS. No one wins. They both retreat.Each party much damage. Blackbeard then realizes that sengoku is too strong for him and goes after marco.Marco hears about it. A clash between marco and blackbeard. While they are fighting straw hats get in the middle of a fight and stop teach.Blackbeard says that luffy is next. And then they disappear. BECAUSE OF THAT MARCO needs help (he cant defeat alone) and joins STRAW HATS.
    Another fact: I was reading questions that people send to ODA. One question was about marco´s ability of healing. He said that there is a limit and that he will explain more later in the story. Since marco will cross in the main storyline.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Davor97 View Post
    Nice theory. :D
    YOu are right and he is going for a mythical zoan type.
    But WHO SAYS THAT HE IS GOING FOR MARCO?
    I BELIEVE THAT BLACKBEARD THINKS THAT MARCO´s devil fruit is not good for him.
    BLACKBEARD IS COMING FOR SENGOKU.
    I think that blackbeard will come for sengoku´s devil fruit. Think about it. IT would be a perfect combination. The best strongest body (zoan),powerfull attacks (paramecia) and good defense and abosrbation (logia).
    HE WOULD DOMINATE WITH THAT THREE.
    I think that blackbeard will come for sengoku. He and his crew find sengoku in a town and teach tells him his plans and that sengoku is next. Then comes gapr and then comes a clash. BLACKBEARD PIRATES VS NAVY LEGENDS. No one wins. They both retreat.Each party much damage. Blackbeard then realizes that sengoku is too strong for him and goes after marco.Marco hears about it. A clash between marco and blackbeard. While they are fighting straw hats get in the middle of a fight and stop teach.Blackbeard says that luffy is next. And then they disappear. BECAUSE OF THAT MARCO needs help (he cant defeat alone) and joins STRAW HATS.
    Another fact: I was reading questions that people send to ODA. One question was about marco´s ability of healing. He said that there is a limit and that he will explain more later in the story. Since marco will cross in the main storyline.
    Quite the Marco fan aren't ya? Close to fanboy status.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

wasn't blackbeard said to have been collecting more DF abilities during the time-skip?

Original Akatsuki Member Dragonfly X's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

My theory on how he was able to do this is that his devil fruit has the power, when using his black hole ability. To literally suck things in and assimilate them into his body. We've seen him during the fight with Ace suck the powers out of him temporarily. But maybe the technique Black Hole that he gained allowed him to suck in anything and keep it within him. We've never seen him suck anything up and then now explode it back out. Maybe he can choose what properties he can imbue within himself. Just by touching whitebeard's body. He sucked up all the remnants of the Gura Gura no mi and somehow, perhaps with an unknown technique. Absorbed the devil fruit itself. Maybe he can even absorb the knowledge on how to use it. Because he seemed to use it to show off a bit without even trying. Though there probably is a limit, if he absorbs and keeps too much stuff into his body, it could probably kill him just like normal. My theory.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The theory seems plausible though the Cerberus theory is most recurring theory i have heard.

I think Blackbeard hasn't eaten any fruit before Yami Yami and he somehow knew the ultimate powers of Yami Yami to nullify the the other Df and somehow also to gain the power of other's Devil Fruit. Though i don't understand why Blackbeard used a cloth to hide the process of him taking Whitebeard's fruit as if only he is able to achieve this feat, why to do that secretly? Or maybe some one can do this except him. Or it was just a surprise.

Also maybe it is quite plausible that Blackbeard might be so far the only one to attain a feat of having two DF because of the structure of his body (this signifies his disproportionate body and not of him being a Chimera).

One Piece is a simple series and no complications have been added to it till now and Oda won't mix up the plot with Greek Mythological Creatures and make it complicated as till now everything in the series was easy to understand, grasp and logical, a sudden appearance of Cerberus and Chimera and whatnot, i don't think that's coming from Oda's side.

Last edited by Thugg; 01-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    The theory seems plausible though the Cerberus theory is most recurring theory i have heard.

I think Blackbeard hasn't eaten any fruit before Yami Yami and he somehow knew the ultimate powers of Yami Yami to nullify the the other Df and somehow also to gain the power of other's Devil Fruit. Though i don't understand why Blackbeard used a cloth to hide the process of him taking Whitebeard's fruit as if only he is able to achieve this feat, why to do that secretly? Or maybe some one can do this except him. Or it was just a surprise.

Also maybe it is quite plausible that Blackbeard might be so far the only one to attain a feat of having two DF because of the structure of his body (this signifies his disproportionate body and not of him being a Chimera).

One Piece is a simple series and no complications have been added to it till now and Oda won't mix up the plot with Greek Mythological Creatures and make it complicated as till now everything in the series was easy to understand, grasp and logical, a sudden appearance of Cerberus and Chimera and whatnot, i don't think that's coming from Oda's side.
    Wrong. The three ancient weapons in OP all comes from the Greek Myths And Poseidon was the merman god of the Occean

And the cloack over Whitebeard. I think it was cause he didn't want anyone to see what he was doing, cause if the chimera theory is right then he released the others from his body.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by La Espada View Post
    Wrong. The three ancient weapons in OP all comes from the Greek Myths And Poseidon was the merman god of the Occean

And the cloack over Whitebeard. I think it was cause he didn't want anyone to see what he was doing, cause if the chimera theory is right then he released the others from his body.
    Cerberus and Chimera would make it more complicated and maybe more difficult to grasp for many. And as you said that the weapons were named on Greek god's then yes it had some greek influence but it was because the names of Greek God's were pretty fitting in the position of weapon.
    The addition of Chimera is unwanted and Oda won't introduce a complicated thing for a rather logical manga.

Maybe if the theory is true then Blackbeard did cover Whitebeard for that reason but if it isn't then i wonder what's the reason.