- This month's/months' contest will run till the 24th of Desember!. Deadline may change. plus one week voting!
- As usual, it is a free choice. You may color any image you want.
- When ur submission is finished and u want to submit, upload ur entry to either www.imageshack.uswww.photobucket.com or www.tinypic.com and send me a PM (Private Message) with the link to ur image. Remember to send me the original image as well.
: Last Comp's Winner :
-Everyone please follow the Global Forum Rules
-Entries must be your own work
-To keep all submissions anonymous, do not show your coloring to anyone on any site including DA
-Do not put your username on your submission
-Send your entries to me before the 24th of each month, unless instructed otherwise
-Make sure you give me the original image as well
-Make sure nobody knows which submission is yours! As it often is leaked in the voting thread
How to do basic coloring/what do I have to do in order to join the comp?
This is what i tell most ppl who ask me for tips on photoshop and how to color mangas. let's see:
The manga coloring competition is a digital coloring competition. Which means that you submit by choosing a part of a manga page, or a black and white picture of a manga character from any anime/manga (naruto, bleach, fairy tale, hellsing, etc..)
And color it by either using photoshop, gimp, illustator, painshop pro, or any other painting program. (Hand-drawn work goes in the Art Contest)
(I recommend you do not use paint as u won't have any chance of getting a good result, and it is not a program meant to color images)
I would recommend you watch some youtube videoes on how to color mangas, also check out DeviantArt.com for tutorials. They can be to great help.
The easiest way to start learning how to color manga is by getting a clean lineart like this for example.
What you do when u start coloring:
1. create a group called "colors" below ur lineart(lineart stays on top. Unless ur lineart has a white background, place the lineart on the very bottom of ur layers). This is where all ur color layers go.
2. color each part of the lineart (just fill them with color) use a new layer for each different color/body part.
3. Set all ur coloring layers to multiply (blend mode)
4. When ur're done with that create a group called "shadows". This is where all ur shadows go. Place above the color group.
5. start adding shadows where there should be shadows. Feel free to use my pic for tips on where to add shadows. Remember! Imagine where the light hits from etc.
If u have questions etc, send me a pm. Best of luck! Transparent
Winners will recieve a Medal as usual. Follow the rules, submit and have fun^^
1st Place will be rewarded 3 000 Kumi
2nd Place gets 1 500 Kumi
3rd Place gets 750 Kumi
To make it more interesting and to bump the thread. Notify your submission by writing: ~I am taking part~ in the comments below. We're hoping to get even more submissions this month. Thanks FOR THOSE WHO WONDER HOW TO ENTER THE COMP ETC. READ THIS ENTIRE POST PLS! THANKS
i was taking part in last month's and i got halfway through my coloring which was coming out amazing. but then thee old schoolwork came in and said "you shall have time for nothing else but me for the next 4 weeks!"
might try to participate in the January one for sure though if i have more time!