Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Jul 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    me and saraisthebeast

Re: Yah uhm WHAT THE SHIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Stupid law. So, if you see a cop making something illegal, you can't record it to expose him. If you don't, his word has more value than yours so you have to keep quiet as nothing good will come of speaking about it. If you do, you end up in jail for recording them without their consent. Sorry, but are the US crazy?

Luckily here we can tape anything the police does as it falls under the public domain and as such can be recorder and scrutinized at will. Any place labeled as public can be recorded. The only exception is private security cameras that can record you but must be identified as you can't be recorded without you knowing (but you can without your permission). But in the street its fair game. Record at will. And police can't stop you from doing it except to protect the identity of a victim in, lets say, a car crash for example.

I think the USA is trying to get order but in all the wrong ways. And that thing Gama said...really really? Thats the simple result of being a paranoid country regarding terrorism.
    If you saw a law enforcement officer doing something illegal you could film it and put it online anonymously. I would certainly chain multiple proxies and make sure I wasn't exposing myself.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That is pathetic. It's true that it is illegal to film someone without their approval. But this, this is just another ridicilous law to prevent the media of showing just how incompetent the police force and the govornment, for that matter, are. Is a group of five year olds leading that country? Cause looking at those results, there's no other explanation.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This is just pathetic, I mean we wouldn't Film police Doin bad things.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12