Page 2 of 7 « First 123456 ... Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 175
  1. #26
    Selendrile's Avatar
    Status
    Selendrile is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dragon's Den
    Posts
    16,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ask not for lighter burdens,
    but for broader shoulders.
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Your retardation suprises me. I live in Sweden, we have one of the greatest economies right now.
    Its weird that I didnt post anything about Sweden. Check Greece and Italy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    You know that the US first didn't even want to help Europe. In WW2 US was selfish enough to sacrifise the UK and France, etc. In the beginning The US just wanted to prepare their "own" land. But thankfully Chuchill made US reconsider..
    Not our problem your continent was unable to solve problems themselves, when they caused most of it to begin with.
     
         
    Last edited by Selendrile; 12-08-2011 at 08:51 PM.

  2. #27
    Senior Member Bigfoot34501's Avatar
    Status
    Bigfoot34501 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pinned down in an office, Capitol Building, Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Your retardation suprises me. I live in Sweden, we have one of the greatest economies right now.
    The European Union has problems that will probably destroy the euro currency. Sweden may be doing fine, but countries that use the same money you use are not. That is a problem
     
         

  3. #28
    The Dreamer Majora's Avatar
    Status
    Majora is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Running with the devil
    Posts
    13,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    So because 70 years ago we didn't want to get involved in a world war when struggling to get out of a great depression we're considered selfish today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot34501 View Post
    Plz do not say we were "selfish." When George Washington left the presidency, he warned us never to involve ourselves in other countries problems, especially Europe's. Before December 1941, the US was a country that prefered isolationism, and only wanted to declare war if we were attacked first. Obviously we've done a complete 360 in that policy (lets not discuss that) but do not call those Americans "selfish"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    For your information, I can say with 99% certainty that NO ONE ON NB was alive during that time.

    So that doesn't apply to us Americans on NB.
    Sacrifising a Continent in first thoughts isnt quite appealing to me. But ok.
     
         

  4. #29
    The Dreamer Majora's Avatar
    Status
    Majora is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Running with the devil
    Posts
    13,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot34501 View Post
    The European Union has problems that will probably destroy the euro currency. Sweden may be doing fine, but countries that use the same money you use are not. That is a problem
    Yeah but it is not what started your problem...
     
         

  5. #30
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by XxDragoulxX View Post
    its one of those situations where you gotta look at it, say "whatever", and move on. people are gunna think everyone in this country has their head up our asses and not caring about anyone elses problems no matter what you say. :/
    I don't whether you've lurked here the past few months or are a dupe or whatever, doesn't matter it just that the NB Hate for America is increasing.

    At first I was like that, but it seems its just baseless hating.

    **I didn't mean for this to be the declaration of war among the world on the internet.

    PS: Not Gary Oaks till about page 4 or 5 plz(if we get there)
     
         

  6. #31
    Hemlock Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DWMA
    Posts
    16,525
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Darling,tell me what you
    need."


    "Peter."
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I don't whether you've lurked here the past few months or are a dupe or whatever, doesn't matter it just that the NB Hate for America is increasing.

    At first I was like that, but it seems its just baseless hating.

    **I didn't mean for this to be the declaration of war among the world on the internet.

    PS: Not Gary Oaks till about page 4 or 5 plz(if we get there)
    I'm waiting just in case.
     
         

  7. #32
    Hokage spartan001's Avatar
    Status
    spartan001 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Yeah but it is not what started your problem...
    Well who whose country surrendered and got raped by the Germans in WW2.
     
         

  8. #33
    The Dreamer Majora's Avatar
    Status
    Majora is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Running with the devil
    Posts
    13,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by spartan001 View Post
    Well who whose country surrendered and got raped by the Germans in WW2.
    Not mine. Don't forget that if Europe not have had defending our grounds, USA would've not existed today.
     
         

  9. #34
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    People find it easier to bash America just because we claim the number one spot. U mad bro?
     
         

  10. #35
    The Dreamer Majora's Avatar
    Status
    Majora is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Running with the devil
    Posts
    13,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    People find it easier to bash America just because we claim the number one spot. U mad bro?
    Here they go again Btw i find it kinda off that the "best counrty in the world" Is
    1. Bancrupt, Europe has nothing to do with it.
    2. You will not consider to invest in greener energy, because you say that there is no proof of glabal warming.
    3. You think you ALONE saved the world in WW2, NO you did not.
    4. You despise China, because they will rape your ecnomy. No, they already had.
     
         
    Last edited by Majora; 12-08-2011 at 09:04 PM.

  11. #36
    Ze Troll Basher XxDragoulxX's Avatar
    Status
    XxDragoulxX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    that one place you didn`t look
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I don't whether you've lurked here the past few months or are a dupe or whatever, doesn't matter it just that the NB Hate for America is increasing.

    At first I was like that, but it seems its just baseless hating.

    **I didn't mean for this to be the declaration of war among the world on the internet.

    PS: Not Gary Oaks till about page 4 or 5 plz(if we get there)
    i think you misinterpreted what i just said o_o'

    i didn't say YOU had you head up your ass and you're a selfish a-hole, im saying that people here are going to believe what they wanna believe no matter what, whether or not that number increases, so its best to just let those people think what they wanna think.
     
         

  12. #37
    Hokage spartan001's Avatar
    Status
    spartan001 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Here they go again
    New Zealand is better than Swedan and USA combined.
     
         

  13. #38
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Not mine. Don't forget that if Europe not have had defending our grounds, USA would've not existed today.
    That doesn't matter.

    If you reread all 3 pages(at this point) You're doing exactly the thing I'm talking about.

    I understand other countries take pride in their history, but our history is still evident.

    You hear any French being proud of Joan? They can't because they was back when my Great Great Great Grampa's Uncle's Aunties Daddy's Great Daddy was still swimming.

    None of that matters.
     
         

  14. #39
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Here they go again
    Its not my fault that America has more influence and power than most of the World.

     
         

  15. #40
    Senior Member Bigfoot34501's Avatar
    Status
    Bigfoot34501 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pinned down in an office, Capitol Building, Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Sacrifising a Continent in first thoughts isnt quite appealing to me. But ok.
    I really hate to say it like this, but it was a culture thing at the time. Americans were adament about minding our own business and not involving ourselves with other peoples problems. France and England declared war on Germany and got beaten to a pulp for a while because of it. It was not any of our business what happend in Europe. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 and we just did not know how evil Hitler really was at the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Yeah but it is not what started your problem...
    No but the problem is that this is a "global economy" (I really hate that term) and if the European Union collapses and Europe goes into a recession, the effects will be felt in Europe, the US, China, Russia, etc. Therefore its everyones problem
     
         

  16. #41
    ☆Hells Apprentice☆ Kikyo Mibu's Avatar
    Status
    Kikyo Mibu is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In Sonne's pocket being kidnapped in Greece
    Posts
    11,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zombie is the gentle and
    loving zombie
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    You can't deny that in terms of world politics since WWII the US has been the most influential country along with Russia. So when you say we think we're superior, it depends in which way. There are some ways in which the US really is at the top of the world, but of course there are other ways we're really lagging behind.

    And you seem to be considering pride in country to be selfish, which I disagree. Whenever a disaster happens the US is always the top or near the top in turns of relief in both money and man power. So what exactly makes you think of us as selfish?
    You said the words out of my mouth because it's true, America is always the first country to help other foreign countries whenever a disaster happens. Sure the previous president screwed up the help when we needed it in our own countries and the government is just making it worse. So not every American citizen is selfish and arrogant like some foreign countries believe in just because of politics.

    +rep
     
         

  17. #42
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Konohagakure
    Posts
    15,080
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by spartan001 View Post
    New Zealand is better than Swedan and USA combined.

    Finally, something we can all agree on.
     
         

  18. #43
    The Dreamer Majora's Avatar
    Status
    Majora is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Running with the devil
    Posts
    13,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    Its not my fault that America has more influence and power than most of the World.

    Read my edit, because that is a huge fact.
     
         

  19. #44
    Hokage spartan001's Avatar
    Status
    spartan001 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    655
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Finally, something we can all agree on.
    Yah someone agrees with me :D
     
         

  20. #45
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by XxDragoulxX View Post
    i think you misinterpreted what i just said o_o'

    i didn't say YOU had you head up your ass and you're a selfish a-hole, im saying that people here are going to believe what they wanna believe no matter what, whether or not that number increases, so its best to just let those people think what they wanna think.
    I think its the other way around.
    I'm trying to stay true to my OP here lol
     
         

  21. #46
    The Dreamer Majora's Avatar
    Status
    Majora is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Running with the devil
    Posts
    13,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    Finally, something we can all agree on.
    In what? Base jumping?
     
         

  22. #47
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    In what? Base jumping?
    Guys, this person's comments on the last 3 pages are the reason why I created this.
     
         

  23. #48
    Senior Member Bigfoot34501's Avatar
    Status
    Bigfoot34501 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Pinned down in an office, Capitol Building, Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    Here they go again Btw i find it kinda off that the "best counrty in the world" Is
    1. Bancrupt, Europe has nothing to do with it.
    2. You will not consider to invest in greener energy, because you say that there is no proof of glabal warming.
    3. You think you ALONE saved the world in WW2, NO you did not.
    4. You despise China, because they will rape your ecnomy. No, they already had.
    1. Bankrupt Europe will hurt everyone around the world, not just Europe
    2. We do actually invest in green energy, don't let the media influence all of your opinions
    3. We did not alone save the world, Britian and the Soviet Union helped save it to. Actually the Soviet Union killed the majority of Germany's army
    4. China has their own problems they have to worry about, they are artificial manipulating their currency, and they are artificially inflating their GDP, they will be negatively affected by this in the future. Also their population is ageing fast and there currently isn't a way to support all of them
     
         

  24. #49
    Ze Troll Basher XxDragoulxX's Avatar
    Status
    XxDragoulxX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    that one place you didn`t look
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I think its the other way around.
    I'm trying to stay true to my OP here lol
    ah, alrighty then. the way you worded that i thought you were thinking i said you had your head up your ass for saying what you said xD.
    but back on topic, i live by the first amendment (whats left of it anyways lol) and i perfer not to care what people think of me or my country. thats what being an american is to me, but i guess everyone has their own definition on this ^_^'
     
         
    Last edited by XxDragoulxX; 12-08-2011 at 09:15 PM.

  25. #50
    The Dreamer Majora's Avatar
    Status
    Majora is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Running with the devil
    Posts
    13,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~
     



    Re: Is it Slam America Week?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Guys, this person's comments on the last 3 pages are the reason why I created this.
    You kinda asked for it. Now i'm not saying US is a bad country. But that attitude about US being the best counrty ever is just pissing me off. That's all.
     
         

Page 2 of 7 « First 123456 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •