Page 7 of 7 « First ... 34567
    Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't like candy? Well
    then 屮(ಥДಥ)屮!

Re: Is it Slam America Week?

Quote Originally Posted by SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI View Post
    dude we don't hate ur country or ur people...what we hate is ur Government and Policies, which only favor you americans only...!!!
    I hope you don't count me into "we" do you? I don't think any one person can ever represent so many people, there will always be those who thinks and acts otherwise.
    I don't know much about the workings of USA's government or their policies, well, I know a bit, but not enough to judge them.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan001 View Post
    I kind of wish some times I was American....
    i never wanted to be an american

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think the reason we get bashed so much is because we (as a country) often talk down to others countries about stuff we are getting wrong. We tell other countries your not allowed to result to violence or acts of war yet we have armies on ever country in the world and more nukes then we can count. We demand other countries religious freedoms yet how many Mosaic got burned down or protested this year? Even some churches burned down because the wrong color of the people going to them this year. Really it would be like me preaching to the rest of you of how worthless you are for reading Manga... and yet I am here and one of the biggest Naruto fans out there.

I don't care what country, class, or creed you are people hate self righteous and as a country we are very self righteous.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

Quote Originally Posted by Gorillazz View Post
    I'm not jealous. I do not want our country bancrupt?
    The one thing i truly hate about Americans is that most of them consider US & A the most superiour counrty in the world. It's not "god save the world" it's "god save America". Americans selfish attitude disturbs me.

Ok and one more thing. My sis is in the US now, she thought it was really awesome, Americans are very open in the social life. That is a thing i miss in my country.
    I'm an American and I agree with the bold!

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

dude we don't hate ur country or ur people...what we hate is ur Government and Policies, which only favor you americans only...!!!
    This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. What government doesn't look out for its own interest just name one. Your stupid. I hate it when people say some random stupid crap when others are trying so hard to get their sensible points across. Please next time when people are talking keep quiet, monkeys can't speak to humans.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRider89 View Post
    I'm an American and I agree with the bold!
    I'm sorry that you have a selfish attitude. America is greedy? Tell that to all the Hatians we helped out.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I like american citizens on the whole, but the country's governance is just disgusting. it's primarily responsible for the world crisis,and next year america will have more debt than gdp. it also has 25% real unemployment, not the figures the govermnet is bandying around. it's economy is going to collapse again in 2012 and continue to pound the rest of the world into the dirt.

what's the use of being influential if all you set is bad examples. i'm a big admirer of america's founding ideals, but it's made a huge u-turn on its original message. they claim freedom and empowerment, yet the governance is virtually hamstrung by the biggest stakeholders in the health and food industries, keeping people sick and fat. america spends 20% of gdp on health, yet are amongst the unhealthiest people in the world. and the people who can make a difference are shut down because it's not in the interest of who's raking in the money.

Senior Member SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    In search of Luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaBrat View Post
    I hope you don't count me into "we" do you? I don't think any one person can ever represent so many people, there will always be those who thinks and acts otherwise.
    I don't know much about the workings of USA's government or their policies, well, I know a bit, but not enough to judge them.

oh nah man.. i was referring to I, Me and Myself..see there are three of us...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Namikaze View Post
    But that is the thing, every government favors its own people. That is the whole point of different countries. If no one thought they were better than anyone else we would all be one country.

So America is not alone in favoring its people. Please be fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. What government doesn't look out for its own interest just name one. Your stupid. I hate it when people say some random stupid crap when others are trying so hard to get their sensible points across. Please next time when people are talking keep quiet, monkeys can't speak to humans.
    so ya mean one have to snatch ones bite to fill his own...thats bullshiit!!!
    if ya need oil for ur military so ya won't buy it, all ya have to do is raise a flag saying WAR AGAINST TERROR:b and interfere in any country having/dealing with terrorism prob then occupy their oil resources and pay some what you want and this is right for so called Super Power...!!!!
    and if it is...then oh Dear America, come to me in summer cauz my skin get more oily in summer and i'm sure ya can somehow use that oil too..!!! _O-

and really...ya said some cool in first Bold and the last phufff, this is the result of ur so hard thinking and sensible point?? "monkeys can't speak to human" wow dude.. *claps for ya* congratz,now ya're a scientist too..!!
    :worshippy:

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nah, It's not slam America time just some random haters from the planet Earth hating on one of the free countries left in the world, America.

I think America's policy is dominated by Isreali interests and that while the American/Israeli policy are bad, there are still groups/enteties in the world that are worse than America and Israel.

As for the American people, the Americans I have met IN REAL LIFE have all been cool people and I loved talking to them Americans are defenitly cool to hang out with.

Overal I think that America is a good place, though the media has too much influence on the population and a bit corrupted by foreign interest and corporations putting money above everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    I personally love America though. The politics in the US is about a thousand times more entertaining than Dutch politics. To me America is so much more interesting than my own country. Seriously, the most that ever happens in Holland is maybe a fire in some mall somewhere in the village of "Who-Gives-a-F*ck".
    Dutch politics is more a comedy show that gives me good laughs, that is why I vote for Geert Wilders he made politics a bit more fun for me! I like him

Last edited by ShinobiX; 12-09-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I was under the impression that every week was slam america week. It's like the only westernized country that still instates the death penalty and apparently doesn't care about health care unless you can make millions/billions off of it.

PS I also find it funny how many Americans claim the USA to be the best country in the world when most haven't even left its boarders. Its like saying Vanilla is the best ice cream with never knowing another flavor.

Last edited by Lunir; 12-09-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Academy Student
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Just a little note about Sweden.

"The World Bank ranked Sweden 18th in “ease of doing business” and 43rd in “ease of starting a business” in 2010. Starting a business in Sweden takes 15 days and costs 0.57% of GNI per capita. The World Bank ranking data set included 183 economies worldwide, including 27 Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) high-income economies. As of 2009, there were 1,100 American companies operating in Sweden. American companies in Sweden employed 101,700 Swedes in 2008--the largest number of employees of all foreign countries doing business in Sweden. The majority of employees in Swedish-controlled affiliates abroad are in Europe and America, although the number of employees in America was decreasing as of 2008"

No, your economy isn't a huge power house, but given the lack of land mass and natural resource benefits, Sweden is pretty nice but there's a reason it isn't a World Superpower.

Bashing America is trendy currently, and as a former NR-EMT turned US Navy Hospital Corpsman, I say whatever. America has the same issues every other modern country has now. That includes people who can't spell, "Hypocrites" bashing it while trying to appear as an intellectual. Or even better, don't listen to anyone who hasn't been to several countries and researched them on top of that.

Oh, and everyone stating America is selfish due to the Isolationist policy in the WWII era. Does that mean we're supposed to deploy preemptively in order to not be selfish? Or will that mean we're sticking our noses in other peoples' business?

EDIT: Oh, and don't complain about the death penalty. Certain European countries still allow lobotomies. I think pushing drugs that makes a guy who raped and killed 12 women just go to sleep is better than hammering an ice pick into someone's brain through their nose for behavior issues, agreed?

Last edited by BoomHeadShot; 12-09-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

oh nah man.. i was referring to I, Me and Myself..see there are three of us...!!!

so ya mean one have to snatch ones bite to fill his own...thats bullshiit!!!
    if ya need oil for ur military so ya won't buy it, all ya have to do is raise a flag saying WAR AGAINST TERROR:b and interfere in any country having/dealing with terrorism prob then occupy their oil resources and pay some what you want and this is right for so called Super Power...!!!!
    and if it is...then oh Dear America, come to me in summer cauz my skin get more oily in summer and i'm sure ya can somehow use that oil too..!!! _O-

and really...ya said some cool in first Bold and the last phufff, this is the result of ur so hard thinking and sensible point?? "monkeys can't speak to human" wow dude.. *claps for ya* congratz,now ya're a scientist too..!!
    :worshippy:
    It's like you didn't read my comment properly. Countries do things for their gain only even if it is loaning money to a country to starting a war everybody looks out for themselves. That's what countries do it may not be right but that's what happens. I'm sure if a country like Indonesia was as powerful as the US they would be doing the same exact same thing same goes for every other country.

Well I'm sorry that your country is too weak to defend its natural resources.

Last edited by Swizzik; 12-09-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't know what peoples problems are but for some reason they hate America. The sad part is that when MAJOR tragities occur americans donate the most. We are extremely generous to other countries during times when there leadership betrays them or narutre desides to take a s**t on them. But when they here that we have some sort of leadership issue or natural disaster al i here on almost all forums is we had it comng, or we deserve it. If I were to say that japan deserved to get a tsunami or that the bad leadership of some of the middle eastern countries or the high gas prices in england or the flooding in some indian countries or the deficient of females in china or the high murder rates in some spanish speaking countries or the high poverty rate in dozens of countries was deserved I would get flamed on. They would call me cold and heartles and American pig, they would say i think im better than them, they would say a whole lot of mean things to me. But when it comes to speaking bad about america its like a golbalized world past time. Its bigger than futbol. Thats is an AMAZING double standard. But the real fact is that if America was doing something wrong nobody would say a word, there would be no flaming america. tere would be no hatred. So we must be doing something right for them to hate us so much,

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

. If you look at the numbers, it is humbling for other countries to see just how much more America gives.

I mean when was the last time America made any country pay its debt to the US? I'm pretty sure we gave all countries involved in WWII a mulligan and let their debts slide.
    Small note, you are aware that the US is the world's largest debtor nation? Your talk of 'enforcing other countries to pay their debt' would harm America more than any other nation in the world:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article11960.html
    http://www.financialsense.com/contri...debtor-nations

The negative is for debtor nations, the US has the highest figure in that list.

Not hating, just found that particular argument weak with this context.
    But i'm not saying America does'nt do its share of aid and humanitarian work. Its just that they took part in one war too many in the last 10 years, and that's harmed everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunir View Post
    I was under the impression that every week was slam america week. It's like the only westernized country that still instates the death penalty and apparently doesn't care about health care unless you can make millions/billions off of it.

PS I also find it funny how many Americans claim the USA to be the best country in the world when most haven't even left its boarders. Its like saying Vanilla is the best ice cream with never knowing another flavor.
    That's part of the problem. Most Americans don't know much about the rest of the world, so they can't really see that essentially people are the same everywhere.

And again, the US is a super power and deserves it, it still is the number one economy but its because of successfully implemented policies through many years(yes, history is important, hugely so to America's rise) and a global situation at the end of WW2 that was perfect for its ascension.
    So while its wrong to bash America/Americans, its also wrong for them to bash other countries as well, seeing as how the US that exists today was built by immigrants in the first half of the 20th(late ninteenth) century.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Be nice everyone

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~

look whos back..

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Be nice everyone
    :izuna:

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Run Like Hell~

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Be nice everyone
    Sup?

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoKage2 View Post
    Small note, you are aware that the US is the world's largest debtor nation? Your talk of 'enforcing other countries to pay their debt' would harm America more than any other nation in the world:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article11960.html
    http://www.financialsense.com/contri...debtor-nations

The negative is for debtor nations, the US has the highest figure in that list.

Not hating, just found that particular argument weak with this context.
    But i'm not saying America does'nt do its share of aid and humanitarian work. Its just that they took part in one war too many in the last 10 years, and that's harmed everyone.

That's part of the problem. Most Americans don't know much about the rest of the world, so they can't really see that essentially people are the same everywhere.

And again, the US is a super power and deserves it, it still is the number one economy but its because of successfully implemented policies through many years(yes, history is important, hugely so to America's rise) and a global situation at the end of WW2 that was perfect for its ascension.
    So while its wrong to bash America/Americans, its also wrong for them to bash other countries as well, seeing as how the US that exists today was built by immigrants in the first half of the 20th(late ninteenth) century.
    I know we are as of now, but did you know that we let all of the debts from one of the world wars just slide and then didn't require all of the debt from the other one to be repayed.

Secondly we are in debt but did you know that most of the debt we owe is because our debt holders artificially inflate their currencies so that we end up paying more to make it equivalent? Did you?

Believe it or not most Americans actually know what these numbers mean and what they are. If you were to look at reasons instead of just pure numbers you would see that it is not really entirely our fault and that we are just given a bad rap for things we have no control over.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I know we are as of now, but did you know that we let all of the debts from one of the world wars just slide and then didn't require all of the debt from the other one to be repayed.

Secondly we are in debt but did you know that most of the debt we owe is because our debt holders artificially inflate their currencies so that we end up paying more to make it equivalent? Did you?

Believe it or not most Americans actually know what these numbers mean and what they are. If you were to look at reasons instead of just pure numbers you would see that it is not really entirely our fault and that we are just given a bad rap for things we have no control over.
    The average American, of course not. The middle/upper middle class in your country is hard working and would have cut that figure down. Clinton did achieve this to some extent during his reign.

But you know why your debt has jumped? The 2 wars that Bush undertook. Maybe the Afghan one was justified, but can you say that about Iraq?

And the reason i say that war=debt:
    http://www.newser.com/story/132172/b...gton-post.html

There are other reasons, but that was a major cause.

And the inflation of currencies was a problem prior to 2001 as well, yet the debt then was'nt anywhere near what it is now.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Has the 1st week of December become "SLAM AMERICA WEEK?" for NB or something?

I understand that USA has some Laws that are disagreeable and the mentality of Americans shown in the Media gives America a bad look, but we already have Americans on NB bashing America.
    So why is it that NB members from other countries think its okay to slam America?

I understand the need for a foreigners opinion and all that.

I can't remember 1 American member on here talk shit about another country.
    I can remember countless times where NB members from other countries talk shit about America.

*I don't have a problem with that, but it seems some members(non-American) take it upon themselves to start the hate spread.

EDIT: TRY AND STAY LEVEL HEADED WHEN REPLYING, THIS IS NOT THE NARUTO SECTION!
    ROFL @ bold _O- , that's something most of us forget to do, the other stuff, well Look at it this way:

1. Some people are racist.

2. Some are trying to be funny (some are but most are not and it goes back to NO.1).

3. Some people don't give a shi* about other countries and what they're going through.

4. And last you know your country better than the people here, you know what it had accomplished and what it have done so you shouldn't really care what people say.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoKage2 View Post
    The average American, of course not. The middle/upper middle class in your country is hard working and would have cut that figure down. Clinton did achieve this to some extent during his reign.

But you know why your debt has jumped? The 2 wars that Bush undertook. Maybe the Afghan one was justified, but can you say that about Iraq?

And the reason i say that war=debt:
    http://www.newser.com/story/132172/b...gton-post.html

There are other reasons, but that was a major cause.

And the inflation of currencies was a problem prior to 2001 as well, yet the debt then was'nt anywhere near what it is now.
    Well war=debt mostly when there are no spoils of war. It isn't like we went in to steal from other people, despite what many think. We didn't steal any oil, although that is a popular belief. We don't demand reparations from anyone either. We protect our interests and our allies.

About the currency inflation, it has become a larger problem because our debt has gotten bigger and so the interest rate and extra money we are paying has become much larger.

If I pay extra percentage on a 10 dollar bill, it would cost me a lot more if I paid that same percent on a 100 dollar bill.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howling at the Moon!

In my country first everybody loved Americans, thought they were heroes that always fought for good and justice like in the Hollywood movies. Than Americans bombed the hell out of us, and now everybody hates them. I am indifferent. It is not about love and hate, there are no emotions in global politics, only interest

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    AINOKEA

Going back to the original topic at hand. No it is not Slam America week. It looks like there was two other threads that were about bills that might get passed (Mostly likely started by U.S. NB members). And Non U.S. NB members decided to put their thoughts in. And some of those thoughts may have been biased against the U.S. I skimmed through those other threads so I don't know exactly what was written.

Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons

Why not slam America? Americans do it all the time. We could replace our leaders with poop flinging monkeys and do as good as we are right now.

The countries founding fathers mocked and made fun of the nation because it was their god given rights to make fun of it. Don't worry making fun of America won't destroy it, bad politicians making stupid decisions will.

Last edited by Darthlawsuit; 12-10-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Page 7 of 7 « First ... 34567