View Poll Results: Luffy can take down an Admiral?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, he will be defeated for sure!

14 29.17%
  • Yes he can.

13 27.08%
  • No he can't but Admiral will have a really tough time.

21 43.75%
Page 2 of 5 « First 12345 Last»
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSensei View Post
    ok ok i know when im beaten. good job good sir. you put up a very strong argument.but at least now luffy can AT LEAST hold his own for a few minutes
    What you say is true. But because I didn't put such a strong argument the last time, here it is : Remember Magellan from Impel Down, right ? He is a Paramecia type user. He is old enough to have trained with his Devil Fruit for many years. His Venom Demon form, is pretty much unbeatable, because even touching him would be enough to kill you. So Admirals much have trained as much as Magellan, so they must have other forms too, and we haven't even seen some kind of form yet (!)
    Logia types must have some evolution too

Last edited by -Shanks-; 12-11-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shanks- View Post
    What you say is true. But because I didn't put such a strong argument the last time, here it is : Remember Magellan from Impel Down, right ? He is a poison Logia type user. He is old enough to have trained with his Devil Fruit for many years. His Venom Demon form, is pretty much unbeatable, because even touching him would be enough to kill you. So Admirals much have trained as much as Magellan, so they must have other forms too, and we haven't even seen some kind of form yet (!)
    Magellan is a Paramecia type.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk No Jutsu View Post
    Magellan is a Paramecia type.
    LMAO hit me with a bat right between my eyes. I edited my post, thanks

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

win? no way. but a draw is possible, for sure luffy would not get beat without hells works this time for the admirals

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What you say is true. But because I didn't put such a strong argument the last time, here it is : Remember Magellan from Impel Down, right ? He is a Paramecia type user. He is old enough to have trained with his Devil Fruit for many years. His Venom Demon form, is pretty much unbeatable, because even touching him would be enough to kill you. So Admirals much have trained as much as Magellan, so they must have other forms too, and we haven't even seen some kind of form yet (!)
    I will just say: Busoshoku Haki.
    It would be enough to compete the other forms.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    Admirals have Haki too. If Admirals haki > Luffy's haki, it is a game over. But we don't know whose is stronger

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Admirals have Haki too. If Admirals haki > Luffy's haki, it is a game over. But we don't know whose is stronger
    Yeah you have a point but Logia is much more at a fault when Haki is used as compared to Paramecia i think.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah you have a point but Logia is much more at a fault when Haki is used as compared to Paramecia i think.
    IMO it is the same. Haki just cancels one's devil fruit. Whatever type it is

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I guess.
    At the end experience matter and Luffy lacks it.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Dude, Whitebeard was just on another level if Akainu would have fought 1 on 1 we all have seen.
    Luffy could atleast bear the quake punch though.
    White beard gave akainu 2 quake-punches and since he became physically damaged, we can assume that whitebeard used haki, if akainu could take that then what does luffy have to do to defeat akainu, maybe 10 elephant punches and even then i think he would survive, the other admirals are the same but akainu would definitely avoid the elephant punch or melt it with his lava.
    Take a look

Screw luffy! He´s nowhere near admiral level, just having haki doesn´t mean you can suddently beat every logia, in case you forgot, admirals have haki too!

Last edited by ~Yubel~; 12-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorldOfTsukuyomi View Post
    White beard gave akainu 2 quake-punches and since he became physically damaged, we can assume that whitebeard used haki, if akainu could take that then what does luffy have to do to defeat akainu, maybe 10 elephant punches and even then i think he would survive, the other admirals are the same but akainu would definitely avoid the elephant punch or melt it with his lava.
    If Akainu deals with 10 punches he is a history dude and there's no way Luffy could defeat him but yes he could splatter a lot of blood of Akainu though.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Retired. RIP

Whitebeard had Busoshoku haki, he was the strongest man in the world with the strong paramecia DF, he still wasn't able to kill akainu.
    Sure he did a lot of damage to him, but Akainu was able to get up and beat Ivan-chan and Crab-chan and then continue fighting ~16 Whitebeard commanders + Crocodile and some more pirates without getting beaten by them.

Hope that says something about an admirals powers.
    Luffy would be able to beat most of the Whitebeard commanders maybe with the only exception being Marco (Would be a close fight, hard to tell who'd win it, I'd say Marco might have improved a bit in the last two years, so Marco might be able to win a fight against Luffy. Dunno about Jozu either, cause his body is made out of diamonds o_o But haki might be able to damage him.)

For the past two years, the admirals haven't been just sitting idly by doing nothing. They've been out there fighting pirates, getting stronger.

Luffys show of strength against the Pacifistas just shows how much stronger HE is compared to himself 2 years ago. Doesn't mean other characters haven't gotten any stronger either. Sure his growth is much more than other characters, he gets stronger faster, but still not fast enough to catch up to the top fighters in the world.

Last edited by Mugiwara; 12-11-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

:worshippy:

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara View Post
    Whitebeard had Busoshoku haki, he was the strongest man in the world with the strong paramecia DF, he still wasn't able to kill akainu.
    Sure he did a lot of damage to him, but Akainu was able to get up and beat Ivan-chan and Crab-chan and then continue fighting ~16 Whitebeard commanders + Crocodile and some more pirates without getting beaten by them.

Luffy would be able to beat most of the Whitebeard commanders maybe with the only exception being Marco (Would be a close fight, hard to tell who'd win it, I'd say Marco might have improved a bit in the last two years, so Marco might be able to win a fight against Luffy. Dunno about Jozu either, cause his body is made out of diamonds o_o But haki might be able to damage him.)

For the past two years, the admirals haven't been just sitting idly by doing nothing. They've been out there fighting pirates, getting stronger.
    Yeah i know Luffy wont beat an Admiral.
    But i think Whitebeard still was the man with the power, Akainu would have lost or atleast wouldnt have been able to injure Whitebeard that much if it was only those two fighting also the deteriorating health of him was the cause.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Luffys show of strength against the Pacifistas just shows how much stronger HE is compared to himself 2 years ago. Doesn't mean other characters haven't gotten any stronger either. Sure his growth is much more than other characters, he gets stronger faster, but still not fast enough to catch up to the top fighters in the world.
    I agree with everything else but the bolded part not so much, luffy couldn´t defeat Marco,Jozu or Vista.

You say Luffys haki could damage jozu, he´s incredibly strong, has size, very fast, has a diamond body which can withstand pretty much anything and he also happens to have haki, imagine what it would take to damage jozu with diamond+Armament, he´s the ultimate defense.

Anyway, those three would beat luffy.

Last edited by ~Yubel~; 12-11-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think Luffy's strength would equal that of a Whitebeard commander at this moment.. not the likes or Marco and Vista though.

Status
    Nov 2010
    under the blanket w/ ..........a book u nasty
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

no but he can sure stand his ground now and maybe he can beat a vice admiral

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌

Quote Originally Posted by MRKING3O5 View Post
    no but he can sure stand his ground now and maybe he can beat a vice admiral
    He can beat all vice-admirals even before the timeskip, the only exeption being garp.
    However, there is such a huge gap in strength between a vice-admiral and an admiral it´s ridiculous.
    They should have a rank above vice-admiral and below admiral, like have 5 people that are Vice admiral><Admiral and then the 3 admirals.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He can beat all vice-admirals even before the timeskip, the only exeption being garp.
    However, there is such a huge gap in strength between a vice-admiral and an admiral it´s ridiculous.
    They should have a rank above vice-admiral and below admiral, like have 5 people that are Vice admiral><Admiral and then the 3 admirals.
    No he can't. We haven't seen the VA's go all out yet, and the giant he pawned wasn't a Vice Admiral. He might be a high Rear Admiral, since X Drake was a Rear Admiral before he became a pirate.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreed, there should be some rank between Vice-Admiral and Admiral though Garp still being an Admiral level except him no one is close to the Admirals.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Visionwashere

Agreed, there should be some rank between Vice-Admiral and Admiral though Garp still being an Admiral level except him no one is close to the Admirals.
    Garp is above admiral level.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i wanna see how strong dragon is forget the admirals vs luffy

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i think u are underating marco a bit here luffy cant beat him the gourousei said that marco single handedly could kill blackbeard [url]http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Marco (but then again blakbeard was shittin himself when he saw akainu but i think marco is stronger than akainu)

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Minato View Post
    i think u are underating marco a bit here luffy cant beat him the gourousei said that marco single handedly could kill blackbeard [url]http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Marco (but then again blakbeard was shittin himself when he saw akainu but i think marco is stronger than akainu)
    Actually, Marco is really strong but due to Luffy's new mastery over Haki he could defeat him though we can't assume Marco was just sitting idly these past 2 years he must trained too.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Actually, Marco is really strong but due to Luffy's new mastery over Haki he could defeat him though we can't assume Marco was just sitting idly these past 2 years he must trained too.
    Luffy has mastered the BASICS. Marco hasn't gone all out yet, and hasn't shown what he can do. Marco has been on WB ship since Luffy was in diapers, he's been a top tier fighter for at least 17 years now.

But of course, my Haki is stronger than your Haki, and it makes people fly now dunnit.