View Poll Results: Luffy can take down an Admiral?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • No way, he will be defeated for sure!

    14 29.17%
  • Yes he can.

    13 27.08%
  • No he can't but Admiral will have a really tough time.

    21 43.75%
Page 2 of 5 « First 12345 Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 121
  1. #26
    Akagami no Shankusu -Shanks-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Shanks- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Frappéland
    Posts
    2,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSensei View Post
    ok ok i know when im beaten. good job good sir. you put up a very strong argument.but at least now luffy can AT LEAST hold his own for a few minutes
    What you say is true. But because I didn't put such a strong argument the last time, here it is : Remember Magellan from Impel Down, right ? He is a Paramecia type user. He is old enough to have trained with his Devil Fruit for many years. His Venom Demon form, is pretty much unbeatable, because even touching him would be enough to kill you. So Admirals much have trained as much as Magellan, so they must have other forms too, and we haven't even seen some kind of form yet (!)
    Logia types must have some evolution too
     
         
    Last edited by -Shanks-; 12-11-2011 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #27
    Senior Member Talk No Jutsu's Avatar
    Status
    Talk No Jutsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Thousand Sunny
    Posts
    4,568
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shanks- View Post
    What you say is true. But because I didn't put such a strong argument the last time, here it is : Remember Magellan from Impel Down, right ? He is a poison Logia type user. He is old enough to have trained with his Devil Fruit for many years. His Venom Demon form, is pretty much unbeatable, because even touching him would be enough to kill you. So Admirals much have trained as much as Magellan, so they must have other forms too, and we haven't even seen some kind of form yet (!)
    Magellan is a Paramecia type.
     
         

  3. #28
    Akagami no Shankusu -Shanks-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Shanks- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Frappéland
    Posts
    2,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Talk No Jutsu View Post
    Magellan is a Paramecia type.
    LMAO hit me with a bat right between my eyes. I edited my post, thanks
     
         

  4. #29
    Member jordy kusturica's Avatar
    Status
    jordy kusturica is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    On the bachelor`s capital Amesta`r`Damn
    Posts
    492
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    win? no way. but a draw is possible, for sure luffy would not get beat without hells works this time for the admirals
     
         

  5. #30
    -Hachibukai- Thugg's Avatar
    Status
    Thugg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wano Country
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shanks- View Post
    What you say is true. But because I didn't put such a strong argument the last time, here it is : Remember Magellan from Impel Down, right ? He is a Paramecia type user. He is old enough to have trained with his Devil Fruit for many years. His Venom Demon form, is pretty much unbeatable, because even touching him would be enough to kill you. So Admirals much have trained as much as Magellan, so they must have other forms too, and we haven't even seen some kind of form yet (!)
    Logia types must have some evolution too
    I will just say: Busoshoku Haki.
    It would be enough to compete the other forms.
     
         

  6. #31
    Akagami no Shankusu -Shanks-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Shanks- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Frappéland
    Posts
    2,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    I will just say: Busoshoku Haki.
    It would be enough to compete the other forms.
    Admirals have Haki too. If Admirals haki > Luffy's haki, it is a game over. But we don't know whose is stronger
     
         

  7. #32
    -Hachibukai- Thugg's Avatar
    Status
    Thugg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wano Country
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shanks- View Post
    Admirals have Haki too. If Admirals haki > Luffy's haki, it is a game over. But we don't know whose is stronger
    Yeah you have a point but Logia is much more at a fault when Haki is used as compared to Paramecia i think.
     
         

  8. #33
    Akagami no Shankusu -Shanks-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Shanks- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Frappéland
    Posts
    2,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    Yeah you have a point but Logia is much more at a fault when Haki is used as compared to Paramecia i think.
    IMO it is the same. Haki just cancels one's devil fruit. Whatever type it is
     
         

  9. #34
    -Hachibukai- Thugg's Avatar
    Status
    Thugg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wano Country
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    I guess.
    At the end experience matter and Luffy lacks it.
     
         

  10. #35
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    Dude, Whitebeard was just on another level if Akainu would have fought 1 on 1 we all have seen.
    Luffy could atleast bear the quake punch though.
    White beard gave akainu 2 quake-punches and since he became physically damaged, we can assume that whitebeard used haki, if akainu could take that then what does luffy have to do to defeat akainu, maybe 10 elephant punches and even then i think he would survive, the other admirals are the same but akainu would definitely avoid the elephant punch or melt it with his lava.
    Take a look

    Screw luffy! He´s nowhere near admiral level, just having haki doesn´t mean you can suddently beat every logia, in case you forgot, admirals have haki too!
     
         
    Last edited by ~Yubel~; 12-11-2011 at 04:13 PM.

  11. #36
    -Hachibukai- Thugg's Avatar
    Status
    Thugg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wano Country
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWorldOfTsukuyomi View Post
    White beard gave akainu 2 quake-punches and since he became physically damaged, we can assume that whitebeard used haki, if akainu could take that then what does luffy have to do to defeat akainu, maybe 10 elephant punches and even then i think he would survive, the other admirals are the same but akainu would definitely avoid the elephant punch or melt it with his lava.
    If Akainu deals with 10 punches he is a history dude and there's no way Luffy could defeat him but yes he could splatter a lot of blood of Akainu though.
     
         

  12. #37
    Senior Member Mugiwara's Avatar
    Status
    Mugiwara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fishman Island
    Posts
    13,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    Retired. RIP
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    I will just say: Busoshoku Haki.
    It would be enough to compete the other forms.
    Whitebeard had Busoshoku haki, he was the strongest man in the world with the strong paramecia DF, he still wasn't able to kill akainu.
    Sure he did a lot of damage to him, but Akainu was able to get up and beat Ivan-chan and Crab-chan and then continue fighting ~16 Whitebeard commanders + Crocodile and some more pirates without getting beaten by them.

    Hope that says something about an admirals powers.
    Luffy would be able to beat most of the Whitebeard commanders maybe with the only exception being Marco (Would be a close fight, hard to tell who'd win it, I'd say Marco might have improved a bit in the last two years, so Marco might be able to win a fight against Luffy. Dunno about Jozu either, cause his body is made out of diamonds o_o But haki might be able to damage him.)

    For the past two years, the admirals haven't been just sitting idly by doing nothing. They've been out there fighting pirates, getting stronger.

    Luffys show of strength against the Pacifistas just shows how much stronger HE is compared to himself 2 years ago. Doesn't mean other characters haven't gotten any stronger either. Sure his growth is much more than other characters, he gets stronger faster, but still not fast enough to catch up to the top fighters in the world.
     
         
    Last edited by Mugiwara; 12-11-2011 at 03:58 PM.

  13. #38
    ganstershinobi NarutoSensei's Avatar
    Status
    NarutoSensei is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    on the high seas
    Posts
    1,062
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by -Shanks- View Post
    What you say is true. But because I didn't put such a strong argument the last time, here it is : Remember Magellan from Impel Down, right ? He is a Paramecia type user. He is old enough to have trained with his Devil Fruit for many years. His Venom Demon form, is pretty much unbeatable, because even touching him would be enough to kill you. So Admirals much have trained as much as Magellan, so they must have other forms too, and we haven't even seen some kind of form yet (!)
    Logia types must have some evolution too
    :worshippy:
     
         

  14. #39
    -Hachibukai- Thugg's Avatar
    Status
    Thugg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wano Country
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara View Post
    Whitebeard had Busoshoku haki, he was the strongest man in the world with the strong paramecia DF, he still wasn't able to kill akainu.
    Sure he did a lot of damage to him, but Akainu was able to get up and beat Ivan-chan and Crab-chan and then continue fighting ~16 Whitebeard commanders + Crocodile and some more pirates without getting beaten by them.

    Hope that says something about an admirals powers.
    Luffy would be able to beat most of the Whitebeard commanders maybe with the only exception being Marco (Would be a close fight, hard to tell who'd win it, I'd say Marco might have improved a bit in the last two years, so Marco might be able to win a fight against Luffy. Dunno about Jozu either, cause his body is made out of diamonds o_o But haki might be able to damage him.)

    For the past two years, the admirals haven't been just sitting idly by doing nothing. They've been out there fighting pirates, getting stronger.
    Yeah i know Luffy wont beat an Admiral.
    But i think Whitebeard still was the man with the power, Akainu would have lost or atleast wouldnt have been able to injure Whitebeard that much if it was only those two fighting also the deteriorating health of him was the cause.
     
         

  15. #40
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara View Post
    Whitebeard had Busoshoku haki, he was the strongest man in the world with the strong paramecia DF, he still wasn't able to kill akainu.
    Sure he did a lot of damage to him, but Akainu was able to get up and beat Ivan-chan and Crab-chan and then continue fighting ~16 Whitebeard commanders + Crocodile and some more pirates without getting beaten by them.

    Hope that says something about an admirals powers.
    Luffy would be able to beat most of the Whitebeard commanders maybe with the only exception being Marco (Would be a close fight, hard to tell who'd win it, I'd say Marco might have improved a bit in the last two years, so Marco might be able to win a fight against Luffy. Dunno about Jozu either, cause his body is made out of diamonds o_o But haki might be able to damage him.)

    For the past two years, the admirals haven't been just sitting idly by doing nothing. They've been out there fighting pirates, getting stronger.

    Luffys show of strength against the Pacifistas just shows how much stronger HE is compared to himself 2 years ago. Doesn't mean other characters haven't gotten any stronger either. Sure his growth is much more than other characters, he gets stronger faster, but still not fast enough to catch up to the top fighters in the world.
    I agree with everything else but the bolded part not so much, luffy couldn´t defeat Marco,Jozu or Vista.

    You say Luffys haki could damage jozu, he´s incredibly strong, has size, very fast, has a diamond body which can withstand pretty much anything and he also happens to have haki, imagine what it would take to damage jozu with diamond+Armament, he´s the ultimate defense.

    Anyway, those three would beat luffy.
     
         
    Last edited by ~Yubel~; 12-11-2011 at 04:20 PM.

  16. #41
    Tybone's Avatar
    Status
    Tybone is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    オランダ
    Posts
    7,903
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    I think Luffy's strength would equal that of a Whitebeard commander at this moment.. not the likes or Marco and Vista though.
     
         

  17. #42
    eh.......... MRKING3O5's Avatar
    Status
    MRKING3O5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    under the blanket w/ ..........a book u nasty
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    no but he can sure stand his ground now and maybe he can beat a vice admiral
     
         

  18. #43
    Legend ~Yubel~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Yubel~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    7,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    ✌(◕‿-)✌
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by MRKING3O5 View Post
    no but he can sure stand his ground now and maybe he can beat a vice admiral
    He can beat all vice-admirals even before the timeskip, the only exeption being garp.
    However, there is such a huge gap in strength between a vice-admiral and an admiral it´s ridiculous.
    They should have a rank above vice-admiral and below admiral, like have 5 people that are Vice admiral><Admiral and then the 3 admirals.
     
         

  19. #44
    Pirate Empress Boa Hancock's Avatar
    Status
    Boa Hancock is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazon Lily
    Posts
    1,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWorldOfTsukuyomi View Post
    He can beat all vice-admirals even before the timeskip, the only exeption being garp.
    However, there is such a huge gap in strength between a vice-admiral and an admiral it´s ridiculous.
    They should have a rank above vice-admiral and below admiral, like have 5 people that are Vice admiral><Admiral and then the 3 admirals.
    No he can't. We haven't seen the VA's go all out yet, and the giant he pawned wasn't a Vice Admiral. He might be a high Rear Admiral, since X Drake was a Rear Admiral before he became a pirate.
     
         

  20. #45
    -Hachibukai- Thugg's Avatar
    Status
    Thugg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wano Country
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyWorldOfTsukuyomi View Post
    He can beat all vice-admirals even before the timeskip, the only exeption being garp.
    However, there is such a huge gap in strength between a vice-admiral and an admiral it´s ridiculous.
    They should have a rank above vice-admiral and below admiral, like have 5 people that are Vice admiral><Admiral and then the 3 admirals.
    Agreed, there should be some rank between Vice-Admiral and Admiral though Garp still being an Admiral level except him no one is close to the Admirals.
     
         

  21. #46
    Count of Monte Cristo Tosen's Avatar
    Status
    Tosen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Warya
    Posts
    8,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Visionwashere
     



    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    Agreed, there should be some rank between Vice-Admiral and Admiral though Garp still being an Admiral level except him no one is close to the Admirals.
    Garp is above admiral level.
     
         

  22. #47
    Zoros brother Itachi Minato's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Minato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    Posts
    1,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    i wanna see how strong dragon is forget the admirals vs luffy
     
         

  23. #48
    Zoros brother Itachi Minato's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Minato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    Posts
    1,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara View Post
    Whitebeard had Busoshoku haki, he was the strongest man in the world with the strong paramecia DF, he still wasn't able to kill akainu.
    Sure he did a lot of damage to him, but Akainu was able to get up and beat Ivan-chan and Crab-chan and then continue fighting ~16 Whitebeard commanders + Crocodile and some more pirates without getting beaten by them.

    Hope that says something about an admirals powers.
    Luffy would be able to beat most of the Whitebeard commanders maybe with the only exception being Marco (Would be a close fight, hard to tell who'd win it, I'd say Marco might have improved a bit in the last two years, so Marco might be able to win a fight against Luffy. Dunno about Jozu either, cause his body is made out of diamonds o_o But haki might be able to damage him.)

    For the past two years, the admirals haven't been just sitting idly by doing nothing. They've been out there fighting pirates, getting stronger.

    Luffys show of strength against the Pacifistas just shows how much stronger HE is compared to himself 2 years ago. Doesn't mean other characters haven't gotten any stronger either. Sure his growth is much more than other characters, he gets stronger faster, but still not fast enough to catch up to the top fighters in the world.
    i think u are underating marco a bit here luffy cant beat him the gourousei said that marco single handedly could kill blackbeard [url]http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Marco (but then again blakbeard was shittin himself when he saw akainu but i think marco is stronger than akainu)
     
         

  24. #49
    -Hachibukai- Thugg's Avatar
    Status
    Thugg is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wano Country
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Minato View Post
    i think u are underating marco a bit here luffy cant beat him the gourousei said that marco single handedly could kill blackbeard [url]http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Marco (but then again blakbeard was shittin himself when he saw akainu but i think marco is stronger than akainu)
    Actually, Marco is really strong but due to Luffy's new mastery over Haki he could defeat him though we can't assume Marco was just sitting idly these past 2 years he must trained too.
     
         

  25. #50
    Pirate Empress Boa Hancock's Avatar
    Status
    Boa Hancock is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Amazon Lily
    Posts
    1,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Luffy could take down an Admiral now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thugg View Post
    Actually, Marco is really strong but due to Luffy's new mastery over Haki he could defeat him though we can't assume Marco was just sitting idly these past 2 years he must trained too.
    Luffy has mastered the BASICS. Marco hasn't gone all out yet, and hasn't shown what he can do. Marco has been on WB ship since Luffy was in diapers, he's been a top tier fighter for at least 17 years now.

    But of course, my Haki is stronger than your Haki, and it makes people fly now dunnit.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •