View Poll Results: Best FF

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • aradmehr

    1 2.08%
  • chainkiller

    9 18.75%
  • ThatOneChick

    12 25.00%
  • Jack Spicer

    2 4.17%
  • Sharingdork

    2 4.17%
  • Forte..

    2 4.17%
  • shelma

    1 2.08%
  • yama

    3 6.25%
  • Reborn

    6 12.50%
  • Zombie

    10 20.83%
Page 2 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21
    Previous UN: Yama Cadmuss's Avatar
    Status
    Cadmuss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,838
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    np have you come out with more then just 3 chapters, I read your first one a while ago, and then I read the second two when I was deciding who I was going to vote for. If you have more chapters, I'd like to read them as well.
    I haven't gotten any more yet , I wanted to see how it does in the contest
     
         

  2. #22
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,514
    Location
    DWMA
    #panneverfails
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Yama, write more chapters if you like your story.

    SWrite for yourself, not NB contests.
     
         

  3. #23
    Previous UN: Yama Cadmuss's Avatar
    Status
    Cadmuss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,838
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    Yama, write more chapters if you like your story.

    SWrite for yourself, not NB contests.
    thx, though it was more about getting feedback and not so much of the contest itself, but will do :D
     
         

  4. #24
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,514
    Location
    DWMA
    #panneverfails
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Oh well.....Atleast something was learned

    Good luck everyone!
     
         

  5. #25
    Reborn's Avatar
    Status
    Reborn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,462
    Location
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    Yama, write more chapters if you like your story.

    SWrite for yourself, not NB contests.
    Good advice +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    thx, though it was more about getting feedback and not so much of the contest itself, but will do :D
    I'd listen to him.

    From my own experience I know that a lot of time, during contests you won't get that many comments or feedback on your works because some people just skim throgh them. However, you do get more views (or at least should if you have more then 2 or 3 people voting for you).

    You seem to have a good amount of people reading and commenting on your fanfictions so I wouldn't worry so much, I understand the wanting to enter the contests, but don't let it be about you winning all the time or placing, just have fun with it. Like Jack said, write for yourself, not NB, just use NB as the medium to display it
     
         

  6. #26
    Previous UN: Yama Cadmuss's Avatar
    Status
    Cadmuss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,838
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Good advice +rep


    I'd listen to him.

    From my own experience I know that a lot of time, during contests you won't get that many comments or feedback on your works because some people just skim throgh them. However, you do get more views (or at least should if you have more then 2 or 3 people voting for you).

    You seem to have a good amount of people reading and commenting on your fanfictions so I wouldn't worry so much, I understand the wanting to enter the contests, but don't let it be about you winning all the time or placing, just have fun with it. Like Jack said, write for yourself, not NB, just use NB as the medium to display it
    thanks guys, will do :D

    you guys are making me look like such an amateur :ghehe: (though I guess I am, lol)
     
         
    Last edited by Cadmuss; 12-13-2011 at 11:36 PM.

  7. #27
    Fiona Glenanne ThatOneChick's Avatar
    Status
    ThatOneChick is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,071
    Location
    In a dream.
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Good luck everyone, I'll wait to vote since I don't have enough time to sit down and read them all. Wishing everyone the best! ^_^
     
         

  8. #28
    Kira..'s Avatar
    Status
    Kira.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,053
    Location
    Under your bed with a chainsaw and a knife. Your death shan't come swiftly, you brute.
    Three years... Wow...
     

    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    No love for criminal madmind stories, huh?

    Username:yama
    Fan Fiction Title:The Sacred Stone
    Almost misread that as:

    Username:yama
    Fan Fiction Title:The Scared Stone
     
         

  9. #29
    Previous UN: Yama Cadmuss's Avatar
    Status
    Cadmuss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,838
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    almost misread it as scared stone?

    :rofl: _O-
     
         

  10. #30
    Reborn's Avatar
    Status
    Reborn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,462
    Location
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    thanks guys, will do :D

    you guys are making me look like such an amateur :ghehe: (though I guess I am, lol)
    I'm still an amature so don't worry.
     
         

  11. #31
    Kira..'s Avatar
    Status
    Kira.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,053
    Location
    Under your bed with a chainsaw and a knife. Your death shan't come swiftly, you brute.
    Three years... Wow...
     

    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    almost misread it as scared stone?

    :rofl: _O-
    Once I misread:

    Because I'm a pervert, and you are too.
    As:

    And because I'm a pervert, you are too.
    _O-

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I'm still an amature so don't worry.
    I am also an amateur writer. Don't fret yama.
     
         

  12. #32
    Previous UN: Yama Cadmuss's Avatar
    Status
    Cadmuss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,838
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    @forte

    rofl, and we have more amateur writers than I would have thought. and I love your story, I never would have assumed you were an amateur
     
         

  13. #33
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,514
    Location
    DWMA
    #panneverfails
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    In the last FF contests, there was a huge number of respondants. I hope that occurs this time.

    I don't expect to place. When I wrote those, I wasn't feeling it in the third chapter and honestly the second. I just wrote to compete in this by the third.

    So, next time when I submit for work I just write to write, I think I'll do okay.
     
         

  14. #34
    Kira..'s Avatar
    Status
    Kira.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,053
    Location
    Under your bed with a chainsaw and a knife. Your death shan't come swiftly, you brute.
    Three years... Wow...
     

    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    @forte

    rofl, and we have more amateur writers than I would have thought. and I love your story, I never would have assumed you were an amateur
    Yeah, it's my first serious FanFiction, and I hope the dramatics of the next chapter go over well next time I enter in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    In the last FF contests, there was a huge number of respondants. I hope that occurs this time.

    I don't expect to place. When I wrote those, I wasn't feeling it in the third chapter and honestly the second. I just wrote to compete in this by the third.

    So, next time when I submit for work I just write to write, I think I'll do okay.
    I liked it. >_>
     
         

  15. #35
    Senior Member aradmehr's Avatar
    Status
    aradmehr is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,125
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by Forte.. View Post
    Yeah, it's my first serious FanFiction, and I hope the dramatics of the next chapter go over well next time I enter in.
    Yeah,me too.
     
         

  16. #36
    Braaaaiiiins Zombie's Avatar
    Status
    Zombie is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,547
    Avatar courtesy of Zise!
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    WTF is an amateur writer? A lack in ones writing proficiency does not decry ones position as an author. There is no fledgling, or amateurs in writing, as writing is fundamentally a passion; a hobby (where some people can make money).

    There is no such thing as a professional writer, such ideas are silly and nonsense. Inevitably, literature is a limitless form of expression and an exceptional means of conveying ideas and messages. Some people claim to be "professionals." Yet said professionals require proof readers and editors as even they are guaranteed to make many mistakes whilst writing.

    Sure, some people write recreational literature for themselves and their friends whilst others write as a means of income whether it be a supplementary income or primary income. However, one who writes is just as much an author as the next person. Experience has nothing to do with quality either. I can assure you that I have read outright terrible pieces of literature by well known and honored authors while at the same time I have read incredible pieces of literature by people scarcely known.

    Ah well, I'm ranting now and it's probably not making much sense.

    Though there is no denying that there are pieces of writing out there that include no effort or passion in them whatsoever, and it is those pieces of writing that are quite defamatory to the efforts and passion of real authors.
     
         

  17. #37
    Writer Michael92's Avatar
    Status
    Michael92 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,815
    Location
    Norway
    The Legendary Sage of Six
    Paths, coming soon.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    WTF is an amateur writer? A lack in ones writing proficiency does not decry ones position as an author. There is no fledgling, or amateurs in writing, as writing is fundamentally a passion; a hobby (where some people can make money).

    There is no such thing as a professional writer, such ideas are silly and nonsense. Inevitably, literature is a limitless form of expression and an exceptional means of conveying ideas and messages. Some people claim to be "professionals." Yet said professionals require proof readers and editors as even they are guaranteed to make many mistakes whilst writing.

    Sure, some people write recreational literature for themselves and their friends whilst others write as a means of income whether it be a supplementary income or primary income. However, one who writes is just as much an author as the next person. Experience has nothing to do with quality either. I can assure you that I have read outright terrible pieces of literature by well known and honored authors while at the same time I have read incredible pieces of literature by people scarcely known.

    Ah well, I'm ranting now and it's probably not making much sense.

    Though there is no denying that there are pieces of writing out there that include no effort or passion in them whatsoever, and it is those pieces of writing that are quite defamatory to the efforts and passion of real authors.
    It's making all the sense in the world, no way I could have said it any better than this.
    About time someone brought this up. Geez, started to get tired seeing everyone writing how they're amateur writers. Believe in your own work people

    Reps.
    ---------------------------------------------

    About the voting, I'll decide later who I'll vote for. Good luck people.
     
         
    Last edited by Michael92; 12-16-2011 at 01:21 PM.

  18. #38
    Previous UN: Yama Cadmuss's Avatar
    Status
    Cadmuss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,838
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    WTF is an amateur writer? A lack in ones writing proficiency does not decry ones position as an author. There is no fledgling, or amateurs in writing, as writing is fundamentally a passion; a hobby (where some people can make money).

    There is no such thing as a professional writer, such ideas are silly and nonsense. Inevitably, literature is a limitless form of expression and an exceptional means of conveying ideas and messages. Some people claim to be "professionals." Yet said professionals require proof readers and editors as even they are guaranteed to make many mistakes whilst writing.

    Sure, some people write recreational literature for themselves and their friends whilst others write as a means of income whether it be a supplementary income or primary income. However, one who writes is just as much an author as the next person. Experience has nothing to do with quality either. I can assure you that I have read outright terrible pieces of literature by well known and honored authors while at the same time I have read incredible pieces of literature by people scarcely known.

    Ah well, I'm ranting now and it's probably not making much sense.

    Though there is no denying that there are pieces of writing out there that include no effort or passion in them whatsoever, and it is those pieces of writing that are quite defamatory to the efforts and passion of real authors.
    though this is not what I meant by "amateur" but okay. I do believe there can be amateurs in writing, I'm not talking about grammar or spelling mistakes because that will not make you an amateur. I'm talking about knowing how to capture the reader and make them see what you are seeing, knowing what will confuse them and what will not, knowing how to make them feel what you were feeling when you wrote it. I do believe that a beginner can improve in these areas, and some may do this by continuing to practice, or through experience, what does experience itself mean? if another writer, or anyone, it doesn't have to be a writer, tells you that they can't understand something in your work, or I think it'd be much better if it was like this. You may then say to yourself: That is exactly what I was trying to write, or that is indeed better.

    through this experience you may learn how to convey your message to readers much more efficiently than what you were doing before. and this may not even come from just what person stating his/her opinion, but from any others on different occasions. I understand that someone may already know how to do this, but there are other fields where some are quite talented to begin with anyway. I do consider myself an amateur writer, when I look at the work for someone who has been writing for eight years or so, I can see a HUGE difference, I can actually LEARN from their writing, and thus improve on my own.
     
         

  19. #39
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,514
    Location
    DWMA
    #panneverfails
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    I like how the Contest ends after Christmas. It'll be a present from NB to the winners
     
         

  20. #40
    CEASE TO EXIST Xentinel's Avatar
    Status
    Xentinel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,211
    Location
    BATTLEFIELD
    NB oldies gang
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [December 2011]

    ~voted for chain~
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •