Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 54
  1. #26
    CEASE TO EXIST Xentinel's Avatar
    Status
    Xentinel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    BATTLEFIELD
    Posts
    4,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    NB oldies gang
     



    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Guys, religion got nothing to do with this thread.
     
         

  2. #27
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    Posts
    8,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanwithnoplan View Post
    If you haven't read the Bible then it doesn't matter what you think. I have read the bible cover to cover. It does in fact do the things I said.
    Like I said, it might does it but it isn't because of that, that it states those things in an encouraging/motivating manner. That's depends on the way you interpret.

    You might see an action film tomorrow where there's lots of killing ect...but that's not a reason that the movie encourages you to do that.
     
         

  3. #28
    Senior Member Amanwithnoplan's Avatar
    Status
    Amanwithnoplan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    On the pavement thinking about the government.
    Posts
    2,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Like I said, it might does it but it isn't because of that, that it states those things in an encouraging/motivating manner. That's depends on the way you interpret.

    You might see an action film tomorrow where there's lots of killing ect...but that's not a reason that the movie encourages you to do that.
    You haven't even read it man. You have no idea.
     
         

  4. #29
    Okê Odé sandysennin's Avatar
    Status
    sandysennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by 99minutes View Post
    That's a good theory actually.

    But right now, we are destroying ourselves.

    ...but destroying doesn't mean we will be destroyed.
    There's still time. We are in the phase to get all the dirt out. It's up to us to identify what is bad and try to erradicate that thru education.


    Quote Originally Posted by Amanwithnoplan View Post
    You may have an interesting take on the subject, but I was simply saying that because the bible does condone things like rape and genocide and murder, it would be logical for those who read it act similar (not saying everyone who reads it does these things or anything like that). Because they would be acting, in their minds, in the name of god. And there can be no higher authority.

    I get what your saying. That's why we should try to educate ourselves in the fine art of common sense. But that's not good for those whose god is money cause if you think for yourself you will show the middle fingir to those you pay less than €500 for a frakking heavy job.

    Keep ppl in ignorance. And many "religious" personalities did that.
    Now we still pay for that.


    Quote Originally Posted by 99minutes View Post
    You're right on one take.
    But this is where common sense comes in. This is where KNOWLEDGE comes in. People who do commit such crimes and then state "Oh, but it's not forbidden in the Bible" are plain stupid.

    F*cking stupid. You have no idea how much I want to elaborate on this. How can you dare rape an innocent and then say "you didn't know it was wrong"?! It's common sense. Everybody has some knowledge of right and wrong, yet we have brainless d*ckheads coming up with these b*llshit excuses.

    And that's exactly what it is. Excuses. Using religion as their excuse. It's disgusting. Religion was — no, still is — beautiful. But the unknowledgeable have corrupted it. Completely.

    Don't. Better end the religious discussion or the thread will end soon


    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    I never read the Bible but I doubt that even if it mentions those things, that certainly don't mean that it Encourages those things. Like Zera said, perception is what matter and extremists are idiots who don't have that sense and that lack of perception also destroyed other logical senses.

    Also, this thread is on Domestic violence - which is not self-centered on religion!
    There's no point to make it a religion thread. Look at it in a humane point of view where it's clearly just a clear act of domestic violence and oppression of women.

    You are right. Sorry but i had to comment that other fellow.

    Anyhow, domestic violence is a problem everywhere.
    I don't know about your countries but here (Portugal) is a matter of fashion.

    One day is cool to talk about apples and they talk about it for a month.
    Then is nice to debate the current crises... let's spend a season talking about that and nothing else.

    Summer is quite nice in this aspect: silly season... if this case happened during August and had a youtube video, then we'd talking about domestic violence as if there's nothing more...
     
         

  5. #30
    —Time's diminished. 99minutes's Avatar
    Status
    99minutes is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,906
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandysennin View Post
    ...but destroying doesn't mean we will be destroyed.
    There's still time. We are in the phase to get all the dirt out. It's up to us to identify what is bad and try to erradicate that thru education.
    True, true. Proper education can solve many of the world's problems. But we need to educate in all aspects and concepts.

    *sigh* But I have a feeling that even education is reaching is peak nowadays. Nobody acts on knowledge anymore. It's only a matter of time before the Arts and Sciences vanish... or even worse, corrupted.
     
         
    Last edited by 99minutes; 12-16-2011 at 04:45 PM.

  6. #31
    CEASE TO EXIST Xentinel's Avatar
    Status
    Xentinel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    BATTLEFIELD
    Posts
    4,211
    Post Thanks / Like
    NB oldies gang
     



    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

     
         

  7. #32
    —Time's diminished. 99minutes's Avatar
    Status
    99minutes is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,906
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xentinel View Post


    I'd +rep you again... but I have to spread some first xD
     
         

  8. #33
    Okê Odé sandysennin's Avatar
    Status
    sandysennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    947
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by 99minutes View Post
    True, true. Education can solve most, if not all, of the world's problems. But we need to educate in all aspects and concepts.

    *sigh* But I have a feeling that even education is reaching is peak nowadays. Nobody acts on knowledge anymore. It's only a matter of time before the Arts and Sciences vanish... or even worse, corrupted.
    I minored in Education and one thing i learned.

    Education is the means to Emancipation, to a responsable freedom by each and everyone of us. I wont elaborate more here, hope you understand the point.

    Emancipation, that is, we all thinking for ourselves means that no one will have power of you or me, nor us will have over others.

    Now, do you thing those power hanger junkies will allow that? NO.
    How can they control you? Thru Education.

    This is a contradiction right? But it's true. How?
    They decide what you must learn.

    Let us say you're awesome drawing but not that good in... maths... then your instantly labeled as dumb, cause you are supposed to have good grades in math.

    So, i'd say that education is corrupted, as science is, but not per se, those who govern us decide what they want and we must follow.

    If you rebel, then you are not smart because u don't know nor want to...

    But fear not, we are awake! lurking, waiting our moment
     
         

  9. #34
    Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Darthlawsuit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    People want to have control. They will come up with ANY and I mean ANY excuse to maintain power. They will ignore all common sense and would warp ANYTHING to suit their goals. Religion isn't the cause, it is just an excuse these sick bastards use. If there wasn't religion they would cite tradition, or culture, or that is just how it is.

    If you want to blame anything blame teaching because someone taught this man to do this and another taught that woman to take it.
     
         
    Last edited by Darthlawsuit; 12-16-2011 at 06:09 PM.

  10. #35
    Gilda's Avatar
    Status
    Gilda is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    No man's land
    Posts
    3,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xentinel View Post

    True true true. ^^
    This includes and beats everything that others already said.
     
         

  11. #36
    You-Know-Who Mante's Avatar
    Status
    Mante is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    not here >_>
    Posts
    6,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the status of this
    guy.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanwithnoplan View Post
    But the bible very clearly showing God doing/telling the humans to do those very things.
    eerrr!! I don't don't beleive in this modern bible, which i beleive is changed.. Thats why i'm saying that read and understand Quran.
     
         

  12. #37
    I'm Mclovin it!!! 7PointOh's Avatar
    Status
    7PointOh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wishing I was in Hawaii
    Posts
    838
    Post Thanks / Like
    AINOKEA
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    I think it's not just religion that's the issue here. There are extremists out there that say education, the type I've had anyway, poisons their belief system. All faiths that I've encountered has these people so it's not exclusive to one religion. It could also be that the husband felt that if his wife got an education, then he would feel less of a man because his wife is could be more knowledgeable than him. Regardless, it's horrible thing to happen to her.
     
         

  13. #38
    UCHIHA: THE DEMON HUNTER Uchiha Paulsama's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Paulsama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    5,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandysennin View Post
    I minored in Education and one thing i learned.

    Education is the means to Emancipation, to a responsable freedom by each and everyone of us. I wont elaborate more here, hope you understand the point.

    Emancipation, that is, we all thinking for ourselves means that no one will have power of you or me, nor us will have over others.

    Now, do you thing those power hanger junkies will allow that? NO.
    How can they control you? Thru Education.

    This is a contradiction right? But it's true. How?
    They decide what you must learn.

    Let us say you're awesome drawing but not that good in... maths... then your instantly labeled as dumb, cause you are supposed to have good grades in math.

    So, i'd say that education is corrupted, as science is, but not per se, those who govern us decide what they want and we must follow.

    If you rebel, then you are not smart because u don't know nor want to...

    But fear not, we are awake! lurking, waiting our moment
    this dude has some wisdom, you earned my rep fully..i must study more.. alot and become wiser.. thank you bro for your wise words.. got me thinking, but i always keep my faith.. i keeps it 100% real.
     
         

  14. #39
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    He was obviously Jelly
     
         

  15. #40
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xentinel View Post
    How was malcom X good sure he fought for civil rights but for the most part he supported violence, and we all know violence is good[Sarcasm]. If I had to pick a religion honestly it would be Christianity or Buddhism because well they are actually the most peaceful religions out there that I know of. If you follow the examples of their leaders and the people who started the religion you should have a really good life unlike some religions like Islam where some of their doctrines mean well but their role model Mohammed does a lot of questionable things.
     
         
    Last edited by Swizzik; 12-17-2011 at 12:42 PM.

  16. #41
    UCHIHA: THE DEMON HUNTER Uchiha Paulsama's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Paulsama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    5,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    religion is such a strong word, i do not go by a group, i go by who I am, what i believe in, what I have witnessed. people take believers in the wrong way, they think all of us have to pick some type of group, or we wanna force people to believe what we believe.. i have never been like that. I am in search for the truth, I do not use religion as an excuse, that is not someone I wanna be around, and I have witnessed these type of folks, they are easy to weed out..

    the one thing that gets me, is that people are quickly to judge folks based on what they believe in, it is like, who gives you the right to say something is wrong with that person because they believe in GOD? people always wanna point their finger at folks, people like that are not far from hatred..=world
     
         

  17. #42
    —Time's diminished. 99minutes's Avatar
    Status
    99minutes is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,906
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by uchiha paulsama View Post
    religion is such a strong word, i do not go by a group, i go by who I am, what i believe in, what I have witnessed. people take believers in the wrong way, they think all of us have to pick some type of group, or we wanna force people to believe what we believe.. i have never been like that. I am in search for the truth, I do not use religion as an excuse, that is not someone I wanna be around, and I have witnessed these type of folks, they are easy to weed out..

    the one thing that gets me, is that people are quickly to judge folks based on what they believe in, it is like, who gives you the right to say something is wrong with that person because they believe in GOD? people always wanna point their finger at folks, people like that are not far from hatred..=world
    I salute you. Your points are beautiful. +rep.
    I guess, as time goes on, religious knowledge will decrease and religious ignorance will be on the rise. It wasn't like this at all, 800 years ago, where religion was most dominant.

    The key thing to do if you are a person who has religion, be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc, is just make the best person out of yourself. Especially before you go on suggesting it to others.

    That's what I'm trying to do... or have set myself this goal in life.
     
         
    Last edited by 99minutes; 12-17-2011 at 05:27 PM.

  18. #43
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by 99minutes View Post
    I salute you. Your points are beautiful. +rep.
    I guess, as time goes on, religious knowledge will decrease and religious ignorance will be on the rise. It wasn't like this at all, 800 years ago, where religion was most dominant.

    The key thing to do if you are a person who has religion, be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc, is just make the best person out of yourself. Especially before you go on suggesting it to others.

    That's what I'm trying to do... or have set myself this goal in life.
    It wasn't like this 800 years ago? Are you kidding me?
     
         

  19. #44
    —Time's diminished. 99minutes's Avatar
    Status
    99minutes is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,906
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    It wasn't like this 800 years ago? Are you kidding me?
    It's a hyperbole, really.
    My point is, religion has been declining as time presses on.
     
         

  20. #45
    UCHIHA: THE DEMON HUNTER Uchiha Paulsama's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Paulsama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    5,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by 99minutes View Post
    I salute you. Your points are beautiful. +rep.
    I guess, as time goes on, religious knowledge will decrease and religious ignorance will be on the rise. It wasn't like this at all, 800 years ago, where religion was most dominant.

    The key thing to do if you are a person who has religion, be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc, is just make the best person out of yourself. Especially before you go on suggesting it to others.

    That's what I'm trying to do... or have set myself this goal in life.

    wease: it makes me feel good to see people hunger for that kind of knowledge.. i respect you to the fullest bro i would like to study other religions to get a better understanding.

    when folks read the bible, everyone gets different interpretations from each verse, to me it is all about gaining understanding and believing. and people tend to forget, it is more than just reading and gaining knowledge, it is about finding your spiritual self... but if one can't break non-belief , then they can't witness or feel what I feel.
     
         

  21. #46
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by uchiha paulsama View Post

    wease: it makes me feel good to see people hunger for that kind of knowledge.. i respect you to the fullest bro i would like to study other religions to get a better understanding.

    when folks read the bible, everyone gets different interpretations from each verse, to me it is all about gaining understanding and believing. and people tend to forget, it is more than just reading and gaining knowledge, it is about finding your spiritual self... but if one can't break non-belief , then they can't witness or feel what I feel.
    I used to believe in the Bible but upon closer examination My belief declined... I believe in God but I do not believe in the Bible's stories. I have a theory about God that sounds really funny but it has to do with the big bang too its kinda unbelievable but it makes sense to me it sounds crazy.
     
         

  22. #47
    I'm Mclovin it!!! 7PointOh's Avatar
    Status
    7PointOh is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Wishing I was in Hawaii
    Posts
    838
    Post Thanks / Like
    AINOKEA
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    I used to believe in the Bible but upon closer examination My belief declined... I believe in God but I do not believe in the Bible's stories. I have a theory about God that sounds really funny but it has to do with the big bang too its kinda unbelievable but it makes sense to me it sounds crazy.
    I agree 100%. Just remember, holy scriptures were written by man and man can be easily corrupted. So when I read something like the bible, I always take into the fact that it's mans' interpretation of the word of God, not God itself.

    I hate it when people interpret scriptures to back up their judgement on people. I'll respect peoples beliefs, but I just don't want to be slapped in the face with it.
     
         
    Last edited by 7PointOh; 12-18-2011 at 01:49 AM.

  23. #48
    UCHIHA: THE DEMON HUNTER Uchiha Paulsama's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Paulsama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    on the move
    Posts
    5,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by 99minutes View Post
    I salute you. Your points are beautiful. +rep.
    I guess, as time goes on, religious knowledge will decrease and religious ignorance will be on the rise. It wasn't like this at all, 800 years ago, where religion was most dominant.

    The key thing to do if you are a person who has religion, be it Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, etc, is just make the best person out of yourself. Especially before you go on suggesting it to others.

    That's what I'm trying to do... or have set myself this goal in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    I used to believe in the Bible but upon closer examination My belief declined... I believe in God but I do not believe in the Bible's stories. I have a theory about God that sounds really funny but it has to do with the big bang too its kinda unbelievable but it makes sense to me it sounds crazy.
    what do you feel when you read it? do you read it for study, or other? .. your interpretation can always change >_>
     
         

  24. #49
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by uchiha paulsama View Post
    what do you feel when you read it? do you read it for study, or other? .. your interpretation can always change >_>
    The thing is if I was to interpret the bible the way I liked a lot of it would be symbolic rather than literal. For example Moses and the ten commandment story would be symbolic seeing God for example I could never take that shit seriously I think when he meant he was in the presence of God he was inspired but a lot of people would argue saying that that's what really happened. Most christians take stuff in the Bible to literally, Christianity is staking the bible and believing every thing word for word in most places.
     
         

  25. #50
    I am jack's wasted life. Mercy's Avatar
    Status
    Mercy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6,146
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Welcome To Earth, Pick Your Religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7PointOh View Post
    I 100%. Just remember, holy scriptures were written by man and man can be easily corrupted. So when I read something like the bible, I always take into the fact that it's mans' interpretation of the word of God, not God itself.

    I hate it when people interpret scriptures to back up their judgement on people. I'll respect peoples beliefs, but just I don't want to be slapped in the face with it.
    Oh god, I so agree with every single word you said. +Rep.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •