Status
    Apr 2009
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Re: Infractions??

Every infraction is worth one point, insulting staff member and racial slur two points. If you have three or more active points, you will be banned automatically and be unbanned automatically too. Infractions have expire dates, so after a while your infraction points will decrease. The more infraction points you have, the longer the ban.

Of course Global Mods and Admins can ban people instantly and determine the ban period without giving infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth Kazekage View Post
    i have 2 infractionsfrom one person =/

Caliburn..-_-
    Logically that's your own fault. I don't know what you were expecting when you made a thread where people could insult each other with pictures and that you even started with the first picture that said f- you or when you made a thread Ton Ton vs Madara in the wrong section and only saying the word 'title' in your first post, but if it weren't infractions, then it's definitely not going to take long before we skip the infraction detour and go straight for bans =/

Last edited by Caliburn; 12-31-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Every infraction is worth one point, insulting staff member and racial slur two points.
    What do you mean by that? "Insulting staff members".
    Does that mean like; Telling a mod that he's a shitty mod and he sucks at his job or do you also get two points by insulting a mod on the "regular level".

I kind of suck at explaining things like this but what I want to ask; Do you get those two points as well when you insult a staff member by saying, for example, you're a dumb prick. Or do you only get those two points by doing a reference to that persons Staff-Level?

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    What do you mean by that? "Insulting staff members".
    Does that mean like; Telling a mod that he's a shitty mod and he sucks at his job or do you also get two points by insulting a mod on the "regular level".

I kind of suck at explaining things like this but what I want to ask; Do you get those two points as well when you insult a staff member by saying, for example, you're a dumb prick. Or do you only get those two points by doing a reference to that persons Staff-Level?
    The only difference between insulting a staff member and insulting another member is that he's a person from the staff. Insulting is insulting, but you're making things way too complicated now. Though logically saying that he's a dumb prick is an insult, whether it's a member or a staff member, though it's more severe when you say it to a staff member.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Under your bed with a chainsaw and a knife. Your death shan't come swiftly, you brute.
    Three years... Wow...

Every infraction is worth one point, insulting staff member and racial slur two points. If you have three or more active points, you will be banned automatically and be unbanned automatically too. Infractions have expire dates, so after a while your infraction points will decrease. The more infraction points you have, the longer the ban.

Of course Global Mods and Admins can ban people instantly and determine the ban period without giving infractions.

Logically that's your own fault. I don't know what you were expecting when you made a thread where people could insult each other with pictures and that you even started with the first picture that said f- you or when you made a thread Ton Ton vs Madara in the wrong section and only saying the word 'title' in your first post, but if it weren't infractions, then it's definitely not going to take long before we skip the infraction detour and go straight for bans =/
    Wasn't it SY who made the Flame Warz!! thread a while back in the Games Section? And of course Ton Ton vs Madara is stupid, Ton Ton wins, hands down. lol But what about the 999 point infraction that Mods gave to justiice? Can any Mod determine the point number?

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Im Gaara, the **** you finna
    do bout it?

Quote Originally Posted by Forte.. View Post
    Wasn't it SY who made the Flame Warz!! thread a while back in the Games Section? And of course Ton Ton vs Madara is stupid, Ton Ton wins, hands down. lol But what about the 999 point infraction that Mods gave to justiice? Can any Mod determine the point number?
    this post WTFs me

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fifth Raikage View Post
    this post WTFs me

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

The only difference between insulting a staff member and insulting another member is that he's a person from the staff. Insulting is insulting, but you're making things way too complicated now. Though logically saying that he's a dumb prick is an insult, whether it's a member or a staff member, though it's more severe when you say it to a staff member.
    Alright, that's everything I wanted to know. Call me stupid but I do think it's a bit unfair. Everything you said is right but I would only 2-point them when they actually bring up the Staff-Member thing. Because of whatever the reason is, if you get insulted and I am talking about the you in as everyone and not actually you, Cali - You should get an infraction.

I mean, everyone well, not everyone but you get the point, gets in a some sort of argument sometime and when the time comes when you (Now this time it's you, Cali) get insulted I doubt that the person who insulted you had in mind that you were a Staff-Member and just insulted you because he/she doesn't agree with your views and now, don't get me wrong, It's wrong to insult someone because of that but I am talking about the situation when something like that actually happens and when the insulting person is actually stupid enough to, well, insult someone at a level that is infraction-worthy.

I don't know if you can actually understand the things I am blabbering but what I am trying to get across is that persons should only get 2-point-infractions when they actually bring up the Staff-Member thing in their post/insult whatsoever.

That's just how I think and I only wanted to get this across.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementJnr View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    Dont complain when u are infracted

Personally i for one checked the global rules which said unless crimes such as multi posting and adult material and advertising the rest don,t warrant and immediate ban,from this statement one can safely assume that if he insults a staff member or any crime lesser than he will only be in-fr-acted it also matters,on how you relate with the moderators for one i understand what mercy is saying that your relationship with a moderator and normal nb member , are different meaning in an Argument one might tend to use less aggressive words to his fellow mates than to moderators for example if i send a letter to mercy telling him how i feel he is no good for naruto base and should leave his account you might say that insulting but both parties meaning me and mercy might take it as a simple,motion of self or creative flaming but if i was to send it to a moderator it will be ban, ban, ban so personally the matters are different and applies in different cases or one might say scenarios how ever it is true that is a site but it does not mean occasion squabbles, tend to not happen they do happen but when such event occur or are in occurrence which should do our best to refrain from it,so as to avoid infraction,bans or ip banns.

Who's the best?!! Zise is!! Lawliet's Avatar
    Status
    i love me a piece of wesobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
    Infraction Points
    Ban Period
    3 1 Day
    4 3 Day(s)
    5 10 Day(s)
    6 1 Month(s)
    7 2 Month(s)
    10 Forever

Infraction points depend on the seriousness of the rule broken. If the rule is important enough one infraction can get you banned forever.

If you have 3 active points you get banned for a day.
    The number 1, 2 or 0 depends on the rule you broke, '0' means it's a warning, '1' is an infraction and '2' is a severe infraction.

^^ This is all you need to know, basically Infractions 101.

--------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Forte.. View Post
    lol But what about the 999 point infraction that Mods gave to justiice? Can any Mod determine the point number?
    That was done by an ex-admin. Only Cali, I and the Admins can give any number.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    Alright, that's everything I wanted to know. Call me stupid but I do think it's a bit unfair. Everything you said is right but I would only 2-point them when they actually bring up the Staff-Member thing. Because of whatever the reason is, ...I don't know if you can actually understand the things I am blabbering but what I am trying to get across is that persons should only get 2-point-infractions when they actually bring up the Staff-Member thing in their post/insult whatsoever.
    What you have to understand is that moderating this forum isn't easy. Most of us are constantly under the scrutinising eyes of other members. There's not a single person on the staff that hasn't been insulted either directly or indirectly by atleast one member. Everything we do is judged; whether it's deleting a thread, infracting/warning a member, holding contests, etc etc. And given that we voluntarily give up time from our lives to help keep this site clean it only makes sense that an insult to staff can not, should not and will not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Personally i for one checked the global rules which said unless crimes such as multi posting and adult material and advertising the rest don,t ... tend to not happen they do happen but when such event occur or are in occurrence which should do our best to refrain from it,so as to avoid infraction,bans or ip banns.
    Banning is under our discretion, be content knowing that any unreasonable/unfair bans will cause the mod in question to possibly have action taken against them. The moderators are in fact closely watched by the administrators to ensure we're working appropriately.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12