Status
    May 2011
    Pray4Delta

Why

Ive been thinking...

Why is it that in hockey and baseball your allowed to throw-down/fight and charge the pitcher and players only receive minor penalties such as a mere penalty box.

But in basketball you lose thousands of dollars, suspended many games up to 200 games, suspended without pay for all games.

Or even in NFL players are fined for just celebrating in the endzone, spiking, dancing, etc...

I think its a race issue since the NBA & NFL are dominantly African American sports entertainment dont want us to do what we want while in hockey and baseball they get away with murder

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Why

No just cause Hockey is awesome
    And probably cause in basketball if players get hurt its really tough and easy cause they have no equipment.
    Football there are too many differences in size and you wouldnt choose who you fight. Also it would waste a lot of game time

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Baseball ,hockey, football... All are much more violent and aggressive games on their own, it is more understandable that sometime players get pissed and lose a control a little IMO

Status
    Jan 2012
    I own this status!
    #pedrorocks!

also i believe it's history. Normally you don't really have fights in basketball or football. Not sure how often it is in baseball but in hockey i think it's always been there. Pretty much part of the game

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Hyuga View Post
    Ive been thinking...

Why is it that in hockey and baseball your allowed to throw-down/fight and charge the pitcher and players only receive minor penalties such as a mere penalty box.

But in basketball you lose thousands of dollars, suspended many games up to 200 games, suspended without pay for all games.

Or even in NFL players are fined for just celebrating in the endzone, spiking, dancing, etc...

I think its a race issue since the NBA & NFL are dominantly African American sports entertainment dont want us to do what we want while in hockey and baseball they get away with murder

You think it's a race issue yet the MLB is predominantly minorities as well.

It's not a race issue, it's just the history of the sport. Hockey has had fighting in it since the beginning, suspending players after such a long time would just take away from the sport.

Baseball almost always ends up in nothing happening between clearing benches. And the last time it happened (the cardinals brawl) I believe that a few players were suspended.

The endzone dancing is football is necessary to keep their ego's from inflating, not because the sport is predominantly black. And basketball fights are different, it's a sport that isn't meant to have fighting.

You kind of sound racist just because you actually think that these leagues are treated differently because of race.

Status
    Oct 2011
    King of the North

What heister said

And besides if players beef they settle it on the court

Status
    Mar 2011
    This whole acc is a
    #ThrowBackThursday

It should be because NFL and NBA are just fun to watch.

Status
    This user has no status.

It's because American Football and Ice Hockey are more contact sports than Basketball is. That's why when a shove in those 2 former sports are understandable, in Basketball it's not, hence the higher fine.