Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Ero-sennin Sennin's Avatar
    Status
    Sennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    I put the spoiler prefix just in case there are a few people who have been living under a rock and don't know about it.



    My question is in regards to the 4th Hokage being Naruto's father. What possible reason was there to keep this a secret from Naruto? It is obvious that both Tsunade and Jaraiya knew about it, and probably the 3rd Hokage and Kakashi. And anyone who was around before the 4th sacrificed himself would probably notice the striking resemblance between the 4th and Naruto and connect the dots. So, we can assume that quite a few people who have interacted with Naruto probably knew that he was the 4th Hokage's son.

    Why the secrecy? If this has been explained in the manga, then ignore my noobish post. Also, I understand that your answers would be pure speculation if the manga hasn't addressed it, but I don't think that's stopped any Naruto fan before.
     
         

  2. #2
    Member Ady's Avatar
    Status
    Ady is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Brasov,Romania
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by Sennin View Post
    I put the spoiler prefix just in case there are a few people who have been living under a rock and don't know about it.



    My question is in regards to the 4th Hokage being Naruto's father. What possible reason was there to keep this a secret from Naruto? It is obvious that both Tsunade and Jaraiya knew about it, and probably the 3rd Hokage and Kakashi. And anyone who was around before the 4th sacrificed himself would probably notice the striking resemblance between the 4th and Naruto and connect the dots. So, we can assume that quite a few people who have interacted with Naruto probably knew that he was the 4th Hokage's son.

    Why the secrecy? If this has been explained in the manga, then ignore my noobish post. Also, I understand that your answers would be pure speculation if the manga hasn't addressed it, but I don't think that's stopped any Naruto fan before.
    I think this thread was made by someone else and a guy said that minato had a lot of enemies in all the countries....and no one should know that naruto is his son just for him to not be attacked for that reason..
     
         

  3. #3
    Alucard's Avatar
    Status
    Alucard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    I think this thread was made by someone else and a guy said that minato had a lot of enemies in all the countries....and no one should know that naruto is his son just for him to not be attacked for that reason..
    yeah maybe. the epic hero action for the protection for the persons who he loves
     
         

  4. #4
    The Rubber Guardian of NB Ace's Avatar
    Status
    Ace is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    A Rubber Mansion
    Posts
    10,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    There are many reasons.

    He might be immature about it, he might not take it that well and kill ppl, and etc.
     
         

  5. #5
    narusaku ftw Xero's Avatar
    Status
    Xero is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    florida baby!
    Posts
    3,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by KibaBeast View Post
    There are many reasons.

    He might be immature about it
    Exactly..if he knew about his father, he'd probably be almost as emo as Sasuke with an even worse superiority complex
     
         

  6. #6
    The Yellow Flash sandshark's Avatar
    Status
    sandshark is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wherever I want ;)
    Posts
    1,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Hm I think this has been asked before, so I'll give the same awsner
    1-Protection: The 4th was not well liked outside the village. Since Naruto already has the Kyuubi no need to paint another target on his back
    2- So he would grow up unspoiled. Being the son of a great hero could cause him to think he's entitled to things.
    3- To protect the Namikaze name. The 4th sealing the Kyuubi into his son could be seen as a grasp for power.
    Hope it helps.
     
         

  7. #7
    Shadowclone Master tristan's Avatar
    Status
    tristan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Chengdu, China
    Posts
    1,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    when it is a thread for itachi
    it's all good...when it is a
    thread for minato...it gets
    closed...
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by sandshark View Post
    Hm I think this has been asked before, so I'll give the same awsner
    1-Protection: The 4th was not well liked outside the village. Since Naruto already has the Kyuubi no need to paint another target on his back
    2- So he would grow up unspoiled. Being the son of a great hero could cause him to think he's entitled to things.
    3- To protect the Namikaze name. The 4th sealing the Kyuubi into his son could be seen as a grasp for power.
    Hope it helps.
    exactly - the perfect way of concluding this thread :D
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member -Naruto Uzumaki-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Naruto Uzumaki- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    7,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by sandshark View Post
    Hm I think this has been asked before, so I'll give the same awsner
    1-Protection: The 4th was not well liked outside the village. Since Naruto already has the Kyuubi no need to paint another target on his back
    2- So he would grow up unspoiled. Being the son of a great hero could cause him to think he's entitled to things.
    3- To protect the Namikaze name. The 4th sealing the Kyuubi into his son could be seen as a grasp for power.
    Hope it helps.
    Agreed.
     
         

  9. #9
    Godaime Hokage Miggy69's Avatar
    Status
    Miggy69 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    6,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    jus chilling
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by sandshark View Post
    Hm I think this has been asked before, so I'll give the same awsner
    1-Protection: The 4th was not well liked outside the village. Since Naruto already has the Kyuubi no need to paint another target on his back
    2- So he would grow up unspoiled. Being the son of a great hero could cause him to think he's entitled to things.
    3- To protect the Namikaze name. The 4th sealing the Kyuubi into his son could be seen as a grasp for power.
    Hope it helps.
    one more thing nah just kidding u answered perfect good work dude
     
         

  10. #10
    Ero-sennin Sennin's Avatar
    Status
    Sennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Agreed, there are some good answers. I guess I'm just having trouble seeing how could Naruto's childhood and current predicament with the Akatsuki possibly be any worse than it already is. Having knowledge of who is father and mother is would probably make him a stronger shinobi.

    But whatever, I'm still enjoying the story as is. The Pein fight just got incredibly interesting, can't wait until the next issue. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy this pizza while watching the latest filler episodes. Obviously I'm completely bored right now, lol.
     
         

  11. #11
    The Shadow Grand Master ShadowNinja's Avatar
    Status
    ShadowNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    thats true he could be a stronger ninja, considering how he was growing up, he might have been treated differently if more people knew about him being the son of the fourth. maybe then at a young age more people would have respected him. but i think not telling naruto made him into a better man.
     
         

  12. #12
    The Rubber Guardian of NB Ace's Avatar
    Status
    Ace is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    A Rubber Mansion
    Posts
    10,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowNinja View Post
    thats true he could be a stronger ninja, considering how he was growing up, he might have been treated differently if more people knew about him being the son of the fourth. maybe then at a young age more people would have respected him. but i think not telling naruto made him into a better man.
    I disagree, as the reason he is strong now is because he had to go through hardships to gain friends, and now he wants to protect them.

    If he had known who his father was, He'd never fully grow to accept the people in his life, and he'd probably hate the village for them treating him how they do.
     
         

  13. #13
    The Shadow Grand Master ShadowNinja's Avatar
    Status
    ShadowNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by KibaBeast View Post
    I disagree, as the reason he is strong now is because he had to go through hardships to gain friends, and now he wants to protect them.

    If he had known who his father was, He'd never fully grow to accept the people in his life, and he'd probably hate the village for them treating him how they do.
    ya, maybe if they tell him now, he can become even more stronger, because then he would be like, my father was great, i must be greater.
     
         

  14. #14
    I am Justice TC9tails's Avatar
    Status
    TC9tails is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    space
    Posts
    4,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    this thread was made to many times but it was probably becuase he would insane asking himself why did he put such a horrible beast in his own son...
     
         

  15. #15
    taijutsi specialist konoha s beautiful beast's Avatar
    Status
    konoha s beautiful beast is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Georgia,Tbilisi
    Posts
    1,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Question Regarding Naruto's Father

    Quote Originally Posted by TC9tails View Post
    this thread was made to many times but it was probably becuase he would insane asking himself why did he put such a horrible beast in his own son...
    ..
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •