0 0%
  • Serena1

3 8.33%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»
    Status

Voting: Best FanFiction [June 2015]

NB's FanFiction Of The Month
    [June 2015]

Welcome to this months "Fan Fiction of the Month" contest!

Username: Chakra Wizard
    Fan Fiction Title:
    Naruto: Tetsuden
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 64: Unveiled
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 65: Stray
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 66: Taigen of Team Suzaku

Username: Naruko uzumaki.
    Fan Fiction Title:
    Haunted love. An Itachi love story [AU]
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 4: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=641373
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 5: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=643735
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 6: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=645117

Username: Izou Xaxa
    Fan Fiction Title:
    My empty silent bloody road
    Link to your Fan fiction Chapter 4:http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=644038
    Link to your Fan fiction Chapter 5:http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=644566
    Link to your Fan fiction Chapter 6:http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=644805

Username: Vanto
    Fan Fiction Title:
    Tale of Princess Kaguya
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 5 : http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=658122
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 2: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=655428
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 3: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=655642

Username: Romezio
    Fan Fiction Title:
    The Gunners
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 1:http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=655482
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 2:http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=655488
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 3:http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=660096

Username:Michael92
    Fan Fiction Title:
    The Legendary Sage of Six Paths
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 7: One's Destiny Bestowed, The Wizard's Final Lesson As The Samurai Clans Assembles

Username: dq
    Fan Fiction Title:
    dq

Username: Serena1
    Fan Fiction Title:
    Life in Konoha after the War
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 1: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100566
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 2: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100566
    Link to your Fan fiction chapter 3: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100566

Good luck everyone! Remember; you can't vote for yourselves.

Start Voting!!!
    but remember to vote for the best FanFiction and not your friends and that this contest is about 3 chapters and not the whole story.

Last edited by Lawliet; 06-26-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Absolute Zero's Disciple.

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [June 2015]

Good luck everyone. ^^

Status
    Feb 2012
    5 more days, 4 more exams, 1
    more year.

Good luck to all, I'll most likely be re-joining the fan fiction sphere next month!

Status
    Mar 2012
    Trying to balance work and
    school while writing in my
    spare time.

Ah, back to a full ballot Best of luck to everyone on it.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    meant to be reached, it often
    serves simply as something to
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

So it's up I see and I was picked ^_^

Okay, since I personally spent about 20-30 hours alone re-reading, polishing, going over grammar, structure and so on and so forth on my one chapter (in addition to the 20 or so hours I spent actually writing it - Yeah, I spent more time doing the after-work this time, which certainly is a new record for me, especially considering the length of my chapter. I had to delay the chapter for 5 days just to be 100 per cent sure that I was satisfied with it, which certainly annoyed a reader of mine a lot xD), I'm going to vote this month based on just that factor alone - After-work...

Which means I'll be super strict with grammar

Okay, a quick run down;

Vanto - From what I saw your grammar seems to be intact. Although your way of writing isn't that sophisticated, you seem to be paying attention to the important factors of being a writer. I immediately noticed this after checking the 2nd and 3rd entries out first. As for length, I'm a little on the side. It's hard to tell when some writers mash everything together while others uses more paragraphs. I'll say it's better to split it up a little like yours though, but they are perhaps, like Izou and some others, a bit short.

Naruko - I picked up two "bad" grammar mistakes (one more so the "teen" abbreviation of a word, a word you seem to swear to be using. Don't write "Cuz" please xD In dialogues-... Okay if the dialect of the person is like that, but in narration? Come on >_>) in your very first lines which practically did it for me. Remember, this is the super-strict me where grammar matters a lot. Oh, and the length of your chapters are very, very short That's all I'm going to say about that. This is my Teacher-Mode.

Izou - You seem to be writing in 1st person like I do and you seem to be writing in narration, I like that! However, you do seem to vary too much between Present and Past form in the same sentence which doesn't add up. Also, the first line of; "She started to sit together with me." Wasn't really that great (perhaps not necessarily wrong (it's not like I didn't understand it), but it's simply not that great). However, I see a lot of promise here, and I definitely think your overall grammar was better than Naruko's from what I saw at first glace (sorry :/). It would be easy to blame the "I'm not English" card for some people (not that I know whether you two are English-speaking or not), but when you have been in the writing business for some time (which will most likely eventually be the case for most people here), you kind of lose the chance to play that card. This comes from a Norwegian who wrote English like a 1st grader, 5 years ago (seriously, just check out my first Series from 2010. It's garbage grammar and structure-wise), and still finds his writing far, far from being anywhere near the word great. Also, 1st person is the tricky part of writing, so I'll cut you some slack. Ironically, for someone who depended upon and mainly wrote in Dialogue-Style for the first 4 years on the Base before finally going over to Narration-Style, I'm starting to think that the "old" Dialogue-Style is redundant and cheap (crazy I know, but now I've said it), despite being so very fond of it in the past. It works for those aiming to be Script-writers though, but in that case, something along the lines of what Kuroi does is more suited (despite my earlier thoughts of that being too much script). Also, your chapters are too short -_- xP

Romezio - Your writing seems more sophisticated, however, there are some grammar mistakes that are leaning more towards fragmentation and such. First example in first line; "Rolling over in his bed he closes his eyes in an attempt to recapture sleep he closes his eyes." This mistake is silly, but I suppose it can happen to anyone. Also like Izou, you seem to vary some between Present and Past forms in the same sentences which isn't that good structure-wise, but "very" less apparent than Izou's at first glance. I give you both however massive credits for writing in Narration and in the styles you have chosen. Also, your chapters are too short -_- xP

Sir Derp Obito - Oh my... This is highly creative and sophisticated! I'm not even sure if it's within my field to even judge your writing based on grammar. I very well might have to give you my vote, hmm... This is a great example although most people wouldn't be able to write like this without a further understanding of the concept of... Such writing. As for length, I guess the style makes it better for them to be short, but since I've already smacked everyone's fingers with a stick for writing short chapters, I can however not be lenient in your favor either... *Smack Fingers*

Serena - I'll start by saying that for someone I thought to have one of the messiest English, structure and grammar on the Base a few years ago, you have indeed improved by the day. Also, you seem to be writing lengthy chapters which is good, although from personal experiences, it's a heck of a lot easier to make chapters seem lengthy when writing in Dialogue-Style due to all the spaces between dialogues themselves... There's one thing I can't get said enough though... Periods (.) and commas (,), periods (.) and commas (,). You need to work on when to use them my dear.

And then I've left you my good friend Eric, for last. Do not disappoint me

Chakra Wizard - Hmmm.... Give me more length bro xP More length, mhm... As per the aforementioned notes about my current view on Dialogue-Style, I must say that I prefer the structure of Mob Child a lot more than this story of yours (I have a feeling like me, you want to stay true to the original concept of this story and finish it in Dialogue-Style, which I accept). That being said, I think your writing prosper and shines more in Narration as it gets a better chance to "grow" and make a stance that way. There's nothing I can say about your grammar, like you already know. It's even more sophisticated than mine (But we all know that's because you're American, so I'm going to play the "I'm not English" card here >_> xP). So yeah, this one is tough...

*Teacher-Mode Off*

This post is meant as constructive criticism only, so don't go head over heels if you feel unfairly treated. I did state I was only going to look on After-Work (Grammar, Structure, Fluency, and so forth) this time. And with that, best of luck to everyone

My vote this month goes without question, to either Sir Derp or Chakra. I need some time to figure out which one though (perhaps even a more thorough read-through is in order)...

Last edited by Michael92; 06-14-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Status
    Broke with Expensive Taste

Michael92 should win an award. Grammar Nazi King

Good luck everyone.

..Has Awakend His Mangekyō FaHaD 5212's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    At the Kage Slaughter Fest (Hosted by Madara)
    "Thinking of peace whilst
    spilling blood is something
    only humans can do...They're
    two sides of the same
    coin...In order to protect
    something another must be
    sacrificed - Uchiha
    Madara"

*Sigh* Why do you have to do this to me Mic? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that you made it in this thing but didn't we have a system? Weren't we coordinating? , enough with the dramatic stuff, it'll be extremely difficult to vote this time due to some promising candidates.

I can only wish you all the best of luck. I'll try to participate next time.

Status
    ​​

Good luck Minions ^^

Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

Good luck to everyone and tank you Michael

Edit: I have done some reading and so far my vote will go to either Naruko or Vanto

Last edited by Serena1; 06-14-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FaHaD 5212 View Post
    *Sigh* Why do you have to do this to me Mic? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that you made it in this thing but didn't we have a system? Weren't we coordinating? , enough with the dramatic stuff, it'll be extremely difficult to vote this time due to some promising candidates.

I can only wish you all the best of luck. I'll try to participate next time.
    I know, I know! Gomen nasai!! Watashi wa shippai shimashita!!!

I figured that I would give this chapter the justification it deserved, that's why I did it Besides, my story is going to end on 16 chapters (well that's the expected number anyways), and what's 3 x 5? That's right, 15. That gives me one chapter that I'm unable to participate with, but wait, It's all going according to plan, bwuahahaha... >_>
    <_<
    <_>
    >_<

I know. My prediction for top 3 though is CW, Sir Derp and myself (I've not been this confident since my Series Finale entries, so yeah, time to be an arrogant bastard, xP).

Then you need to start writing! -_- Oh, and if I am able to participate in the next 3 contests, I beat a personal record of number of participations in a row (granted that I actually had like a period of 11 months in a row though I withdrew halfway through the 8th contest which kind of restarted that count once).

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Michael92 should win an award. Grammar Nazi King

Good luck everyone.
    You mean that? Well I suppose another is a better term, but regardless, I have set my eyes upon beating Escorpiius my good friend, and in order for that to happen, I need one more and then another

And if I can accomplish that, maybe I'll even try to take on the King of awards, the great Caliburn himself

Status
    Never give up on your dreams!
    Keep sleeping.

Good luck.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Okay, I've made up my mind between Derp and Chakra... My vote this month is going to be...

Legendary!!

Seriously though, my vote goes to:

Okay for real this time
    My votes goes to:

Sir Derp Obito Vs Chakra Wizard!!:

There you have it... Oh wait, didn't get it?...

Gandalf, what is he??...

Still don't get it??? Sir Derp did not pass and fell into the pit below

Status
    Mar 2012
    Trying to balance work and
    school while writing in my
    spare time.

^.....That's not the kind of wizard.....huhh, forget it. -_-

May I ask your basis for this decision?

Last edited by Chakra Wizard; 06-15-2015 at 01:54 AM.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra Wizard View Post
    ^.....That's not the kind of wizard.....huhh, forget it. -_-

May I ask your basis for this decision?
    A Wizard is a Wizard, ain't he? The closest thing we've ever got to a Chakra Wizard is the Wizard/Naruto in my stories >_> xD

You must admit though, that was one heck of an epic showdown I don't even know how I thought of that. Guess I'm just that good xD

Story... And Dedication. I awarded you for being the writer NB needs, haha.

Status
    May 2015
    OOGA BOOGA !

Thanks Mic ! I'm glad that my grammar is correct since english isn't my first language !

As for the length, I'll try to do better^^

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Vanto View Post
    Thanks Mic ! I'm glad that my grammar is correct since english isn't my first language !

As for the length, I'll try to do better^^
    I only did first glance though for the first chapters of everyone, so you did indeed at least get the introduction right, haha

Oh and don't force it on length. Not all chapters are meant to be long. I just think there are too many writers out there releasing too short chapters just to increase their threads/posts/rep, which is a shame, although certain styles need shorter chapters. There's a limit on how short in my eyes though, haha.

Best of luck in the contest!

Status
    Jun 2013
    I don’t have tears so why
    are the rims of my eyes wet
    and rusting?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    So it's up I see and I was picked ^_^

Okay, since I personally spent about 20-30 hours alone re-reading, polishing, going over grammar, structure and so on and so forth on my one chapter (in addition to the 20 or so hours I spent actually writing it - Yeah, I spent more time doing the after-work this time, which certainly is a new record for me, especially considering the length of my chapter. I had to delay the chapter for 5 days just to be 100 per cent sure that I was satisfied with it, which certainly annoyed a reader of mine a lot xD), I'm going to vote this month based on just that factor alone - After-work...

Which means I'll be super strict with grammar

Okay, a quick run down;

Vanto - From what I saw your grammar seems to be intact. Although your way of writing isn't that sophisticated, you seem to be paying attention to the important factors of being a writer. I immediately noticed this after checking the 2nd and 3rd entries out first. As for length, I'm a little on the side. It's hard to tell when some writers mash everything together while others uses more paragraphs. I'll say it's better to split it up a little like yours though, but they are perhaps, like Izou and some others, a bit short.

Naruko - I picked up two "bad" grammar mistakes (one more so the "teen" abbreviation of a word, a word you seem to swear to be using. Don't write "Cuz" please xD In dialogues-... Okay if the dialect of the person is like that, but in narration? Come on >_>) in your very first lines which practically did it for me. Remember, this is the super-strict me where grammar matters a lot. Oh, and the length of your chapters are very, very short That's all I'm going to say about that. This is my Teacher-Mode.

Izou - You seem to be writing in 1st person like I do and you seem to be writing in narration, I like that! However, you do seem to vary too much between Present and Past form in the same sentence which doesn't add up. Also, the first line of; "She started to sit together with me." Wasn't really that great (perhaps not necessarily wrong (it's not like I didn't understand it), but it's simply not that great). However, I see a lot of promise here, and I definitely think your overall grammar was better than Naruko's from what I saw at first glace (sorry :/). It would be easy to blame the "I'm not English" card for some people (not that I know whether you two are English-speaking or not), but when you have been in the writing business for some time (which will most likely eventually be the case for most people here), you kind of lose the chance to play that card. This comes from a Norwegian who wrote English like a 1st grader, 5 years ago (seriously, just check out my first Series from 2010. It's garbage grammar and structure-wise), and still finds his writing far, far from being anywhere near the word great. Also, 1st person is the tricky part of writing, so I'll cut you some slack. Ironically, for someone who depended upon and mainly wrote in Dialogue-Style for the first 4 years on the Base before finally going over to Narration-Style, I'm starting to think that the "old" Dialogue-Style is redundant and cheap (crazy I know, but now I've said it), despite being so very fond of it in the past. It works for those aiming to be Script-writers though, but in that case, something along the lines of what Kuroi does is more suited (despite my earlier thoughts of that being too much script). Also, your chapters are too short -_- xP

Romezio - Your writing seems more sophisticated, however, there are some grammar mistakes that are leaning more towards fragmentation and such. First example in first line; "Rolling over in his bed he closes his eyes in an attempt to recapture sleep he closes his eyes." This mistake is silly, but I suppose it can happen to anyone. Also like Izou, you seem to vary some between Present and Past forms in the same sentences which isn't that good structure-wise, but "very" less apparent than Izou's at first glance. I give you both however massive credits for writing in Narration and in the styles you have chosen. Also, your chapters are too short -_- xP

Sir Derp Obito - Oh my... This is highly creative and sophisticated! I'm not even sure if it's within my field to even judge your writing based on grammar. I very well might have to give you my vote, hmm... This is a great example although most people wouldn't be able to write like this without a further understanding of the concept of... Such writing. As for length, I guess the style makes it better for them to be short, but since I've already smacked everyone's fingers with a stick for writing short chapters, I can however not be lenient in your favor either... *Smack Fingers*

Serena - I'll start by saying that for someone I thought to have one of the messiest English, structure and grammar on the Base a few years ago, you have indeed improved by the day. Also, you seem to be writing lengthy chapters which is good, although from personal experiences, it's a heck of a lot easier to make chapters seem lengthy when writing in Dialogue-Style due to all the spaces between dialogues themselves... There's one thing I can't get said enough though... Periods (.) and commas (,), periods (.) and commas (,). You need to work on when to use them my dear.

And then I've left you my good friend Eric, for last. Do not disappoint me

Chakra Wizard - Hmmm.... Give me more length bro xP More length, mhm... As per the aforementioned notes about my current view on Dialogue-Style, I must say that I prefer the structure of Mob Child a lot more than this story of yours (I have a feeling like me, you want to stay true to the original concept of this story and finish it in Dialogue-Style, which I accept). That being said, I think your writing prosper and shines more in Narration as it gets a better chance to "grow" and make a stance that way. There's nothing I can say about your grammar, like you already know. It's even more sophisticated than mine (But we all know that's because you're American, so I'm going to play the "I'm not English" card here >_> xP). So yeah, this one is tough...

*Teacher-Mode Off*

This post is meant as constructive criticism only, so don't go head over heels if you feel unfairly treated. I did state I was only going to look on After-Work (Grammar, Structure, Fluency, and so forth) this time. And with that, best of luck to everyone

My vote this month goes without question, to either Sir Derp or Chakra. I need some time to figure out which one though (perhaps even a more thorough read-through is in order)...
    You have OCD. . It's been only 8 months since I started writing. Takes time to improve. Plus I have 4 stories so it's fair to have this short chapters. Thanks tho.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Naruko uzumaki View Post
    You have OCD. . It's been only 8 months since I started writing. Takes time to improve. Plus I have 4 stories so it's fair to have this short chapters. Thanks tho.
    Well in 8 months you should have picked up that it's "because" and not "Cuz"

Status
    Jun 2013
    I don’t have tears so why
    are the rims of my eyes wet
    and rusting?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Well in 8 months you should have picked up that it's "because" and not "Cuz"
    It's just my style lol. Anyway I will be careful.

Status
    Dec 2009
    "A goal is not always
    aim at." - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Naruko uzumaki View Post
    It's just my style lol. Anyway I will be careful.
    Hahaha, I'm just teasing you But for the record, there are readers out there (maybe not on NB anymore) who hate stuff like that. I'm telling you, a reader practically started bashing me once when I started out for using " ` " instead of " ' " when writing stuff like he's. I wrote he`s and such for the first 8 or so chapters of mine And it wasn't just bashing either, think he called me a complete retard and such Actually now that I think of it, it might have been John Damn that man xP

Oh and matter of fact, I didn't even know there was a difference between those two signs, can you believe that?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»