Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Crossroads

Alright well here is my first real chapter of my Supernatural Fan Fic guys.

If you want to read the prologue click here
    Prologue
    and Chapter 2 - Reunion

11 ½ years after the prologue.

Roads, they can take you pretty much anywhere you need to go, but just as often you’ll find one that leads to somewhere dark, somewhere most people can’t even fathom. These roads aren’t always made of asphalt and paint though, the choices we make send us on our own roads, roads that shape us into who we are or let us see who we have become.

On one of those roads leading into a little town in Nebraska, a black Impala tears through the night. The only sounds audible in the night are the roar of the ’67 Chevy and just underneath it the heavy beat of classic rock playing.
    In a dingy, cramped hotel room in the town of Crete, Sam and Dean are waiting for their father to get back from information gathering.

“Hey Dean, did Dad tell you anything about what this hunting trip is all about? I tried to get some info from him but you know how he always keeps me in the dark.”

“You know he doesn’t want you getting involved in these hunts. Every time we tell you anything you try and figure it all out and end up in trouble. What if I wasn’t there to protect you?”

“Dean, c’mon, you know I can handle myself. I’ve been training my whole life for stuff like this; I’ve seen you and Dad…” Sam’s reply was cut off by Dean’s raised voice. “You don’t understand Sam, you’re still just a kid, 12 year olds aren’t supposed to fight monsters, they are supposed to be afraid of what’s in their closet and under their beds.”

Sam’s next statement broke the anger that had been building, “12 year olds also aren’t supposed to have their mother burned on the ceiling by a demon.”

Dean knew that this life had to be hard for Sam; his mother dead, his father absent, and a sibling who was just as much teacher and warden as he was brother. Putting on as straight a face as he could muster Dean said, “Alright well how about I tell you what we know so far ok?”

Sam’s frown didn’t quite fade away but he raised his eyes to Dean’s as if telling him to go on. “Well all I know is that 4 people have gone missing in the woods over the past two weeks. All the bodies were found at a fork in a path. Dad is checking out the locations now, but so far we haven’t found any connections between any of the victims.”

“What were all their ages?” Sam asked.

“There doesn’t seem to be any type of M.O. for ages or gender, two males, two females, ranging from 17-46. So are you satisfied?” Dean said with a fair amount of incredulity.

“Not really but if that is all you’ve got, I guess it will do”

__________________________________________________ _____________

The next day Sam headed down to the local convenience store to pick up some food for his self, since Dean and his dad were out trying to figure out what they were dealing with. As Sam was prowling the aisles, he accidentally walked into a crying woman. “I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you standing there” Sam apologized.

“Huh? Oh, it’s ok I probably should probably get moving anyway”

As she started to walk off Sam felt he needed to help her so he called after her, “Excuse me miss, but um… are you ok? Is there anything you want to talk about?”

The woman hesitated, a little bit weary that a strange young boy wanted to talk about her problems, “It’s fine I’m just trying to wrap my head around everything that has been happening lately”

“And what is that?” Sam asked.

“My husband was murdered two weeks ago, and my neighbor was killed last week in the woods near our neighborhood. I just can’t believe it, it doesn’t seem real, and it was so random, so senseless. It couldn’t have come at a worse time, he was thinking about retiring early, debating on whether he wanted to save up an even greater nest egg or live out the rest of his life relaxing. A bit ironic isn’t it? Making plans for the future only to have that future denied you.”

Sam was at a loss for words, he’d never really had to console people or deal with real grief, his family tried to bury their grief with the dead. His dad didn’t allow for what he called ‘self-pity’, instead pushing Sam to train, drowning his emotions in the present. Sometimes Sam thought that all his dad felt anymore was rage, a cold need for revenge.

Unable to find something to say to comfort the woman, Sam instead tried to change the subject, “So your neighbor, do you know anything about his murder? Do you think it could have been done by the same person?”

“The police think so; the slash marks in both were nearly identical. Poor Ricky, only 17, he didn’t really even have a chance to figure out where he wanted to go in life, he was still deciding on whether to go to college or take a year off.”

On his way back to the hotel room Sam was thinking over what the woman at the convenience store had said. Monsters weren’t hard to figure out for the most part, they each wanted something, whether it be food, or some sort of sadistic game. He couldn’t figure out anything that these two people had in common, or what sort of creature killed with slashes but didn’t eat its victims. At least he found out that the victims seemed to be people who lived in that area, he’d have to be sure to tell Dean, who would tell their dad.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Hours later Dean and John come in to find Sam still awake, waiting for them.
    John lectured Sam, “What are you still doing up Sam? You need to get some sleep, tomorrow you go to that new school.”

Sam, not willing to admit he was worried about them argued back, “Why do I have to go? I usually only go for a few days, never long enough to do anything other than some stupid homework. How long do you think this trip is going to last”

“Well at the rate this is going it will probably be for a few weeks. We don’t know what it is or how to find it. All of its attacks have been at different times of the day and other than the victims being at a fork in a path, they were all in different parts of the woods”

Sam, remembering what he had learned today, spoke up, “I think all the victims live in the same neighborhood. I ran into a crying woman when I was getting some food, and she told me.”

“Don’t try and get involved Sam, I know how you are, just leave it alone. There will come a time when you can hunt with us, but you need a few more years before you can. Besides we already found that out when talking to victim’s families.”

John’s reply was met with silence from Sam, there was no arguing with John, you did what he said, when he said it. Still though Sam wasn’t satisfied, waiting for his dad to go to sleep he whispered to Dean, “Hey Dean, what else did you find out about the victims? Was there any connection between them all?”

“Not really Sammy, the only thing we found in common was that they were all dealing with some sort of crossroads in their life, they all had big decisions coming up. Dad didn’t think anything of it though other than saying that it probably just made them easier targets since they were preoccupied.”

Sam however felt differently, but kept his suspicions to his self, not wanting to get into another argument about getting involved with the hunts. Instead he just said, “Ok thanks Dean, see you in the morning.”

In the morning Sam woke to find his brother and dad gone, with a note left by a plate of bacon and eggs, it read ‘Gone out to hunt, don’t forget to go to school. Oh and you’re welcome for the breakfast, I made dad wait while I made it for you. – Dean’

After his breakfast Sam took a shower and got ready to go to school. As he was putting on his shoes he heard the bus pull up to the sidewalk, but by the time he was outside it was already at the end of the road.

Sure that no other buses would stop by here for at least another hour Sam chased down after the bus, trying to flag it down, but to no avail. Unwilling to take his father’s anger about missing school Sam just took off down the road, but he knew there was no way to catch it. The school was just on the other side of the woods though, so Sam decided to try and take a shortcut by going through the woods, not realizing that these were the woods where people had been killed.

It wasn’t until Sam found himself at a fork in the path that he remembered, but by then it was too late. He turned around to find two men there, each with a katana in their hand. They looked exactly like twins except that one was dark skinned and the other was light skinned, even their swords were made of different metals to give the appearance of light and dark.

“What do you want?” Sam asked in a trembling voice.

“It’s not what I want,” The skinned man said, “It’s what you want” finished his dark skinned counterpart.

“What does that mean? What I want is to get home safe.”

“Well that all depends on you. You’ve got a choice in front of you here Sam Winchester, a choice that will impact your life and the lives of millions around the world. You have that path on your left that will take you to where your dad and brother are, and then the path on your right that will take you to school. So choose.”

Sam was at a loss, he didn’t know what to do and so he decided to stall time while he thought. Sam asked, “So what are you anyway, how come you are killing people in here?”

The men answered, each saying one word and then letting the other talk, “It isn’t just anybody we help out, it is people like you, people who are stuck, indecisive, scared of their future and what their choices bring them. I gave them the same choice I gave you, although they obviously had different places that their paths led to.”

“So why did you kill them?” Sam asked.

“I didn’t kill them, their choices did. I can see inside people, see what they really want, really need. I’m saving them from a future where they would be miserable and resentful.”

“So what you are saying is that if I make the wrong choice now I’m going to die here?”

“No, what I am saying is that the only wrong choice is the one that goes against what you really want. Think about it for a second.”

So Sam thought about what the men had said, first why they kept on speaking in synchronicity and addressing themselves as “I” when they were clearly two people. More than that though, Sam thought about what the men had said about the paths and where they led. One led to his brother and father, and one led to school. What did that mean?

After a while of sitting and trying to figure it out Sam said, “You’re asking me about my life, aren’t you? The path leading to Dean and my dad means being like them, being a hunter. The path leading to school represents a normal life, a life without monsters.”

“Very good little Sam, you’ve got the easy part out of the way, now all you have to do is make the choice.”

Sam thought the men were right, this was a tough decision, he had to be honest with himself or else he would die here. What did he really want? He thought back to his run in with the woman at the convenience store and how he was unable to console her, even though he wanted to. With that realization he came to the answer.

“I don’t want to be like my father. I don’t want to hunt; I want to live a normal life with normal relationships. I want to still care about people more than I do revenge, even if that means giving up on saving some of them by not hunting all the time.”

“Are you certain of your choice Sam Winchester?” The men asked.

“Yes, there might come a time when I change my mind, but for now I want this wholeheartedly.”

As he said that the men moved closer together and seemed to fuse together, each becoming half of a whole. Even their swords merged to form a long sword instead of two katanas. The halves were opposite yet alike, and it scared Sam how with just one simple switch they could be in the other’s place.

“Sam you have chosen what you actually desire, a choice that will shape you into the man you will be. Don’t forget your choices, or why you made them. I was waiting for someone to be honest with me, and more importantly with themselves. I’ve done my work here; you can tell your father that there no longer will be a hunt... As if he could kill a god so easily.”

As he spoke a door with two very different halves appeared in front of the man and he walked through it, disappearing.

Later that night, after Sam had gotten back from school and his brother and father were back from hunting, Sam told them all about it, leaving out the choice that he had made.

“Damn it Sam, I told you not to get involved!” His father yelled.

“I didn’t try to I was just trying to get to school on time.”

“Hey take it easy on him,” Dean said, “at least he got the job done and he’s safe. Do you know who the man was dad?”

Before John could answer Sam spoke up, “I do, today in school we were learning about Roman and Greek gods, I think the man was Janus, the god of doors, time, and choices.”

“A freakin’ god? How would we have killed that?” Dean asked with a tone of fear.

“Well I guess we were lucky we didn’t have to.” John said.

Later in the Impala, John leans over and says “Good work Sam; you’ll be a great hunter one day.” Instead of basking in the rare praise from his father, Sam instead thought about earlier and the choice he had made.

Last edited by Itachi Namikaze; 03-11-2012 at 06:11 AM. Reason: editing grammar.

Status
    Apr 2011
    #panneverfails

Re: Crossroads

As I said before, I really think you portrayed the characters really well. Amazing grammar and set-up.

I'm really looking forward to this FF, being a big Supernatural fan.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    As I said before, I really think you portrayed the characters really well. Amazing grammar and set-up.

I'm really looking forward to this FF, being a big Supernatural fan.
    Thanks alot! I just wish more people would view this. So far it says there have only been like 2 or 3 views.

Status
    Apr 2011
    #panneverfails

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Namikaze View Post
    Thanks alot! I just wish more people would view this. So far it says there have only been like 2 or 3 views.
    FF is really rapid and full of threads, so it's hard to get some recognized especially if it doesn't deal with Naruto or is humor.

I think some on the base like Supernatural. I'll spread this around.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

FF is really rapid and full of threads, so it's hard to get some recognized especially if it doesn't deal with Naruto or is humor.

I think some on the base like Supernatural. I'll spread this around.
    Thanks man! So far I think only you and one other person have even viewed this thread. I think people would like it if they would just read it.

By the way what are the requirements for doing fan-fic of the month?

Status
    Apr 2011
    #panneverfails

Thanks man! So far I think only you and one other person have even viewed this thread. I think people would like it if they would just read it.

By the way what are the requirements for doing fan-fic of the month?
    Just have three chapters, go to the thread, and submit the application.

Spots are almost filled up this month, but if you completed another chap, you could enter. I wouldn't rush though if you don't want to.

And I agree, it's awesome. People just need to read it.

Status
    Jan 2012
    <3 stalker imp <3

pretty good. If you write the next chapter plz send a pm to me. Good luck

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto74 View Post
    pretty good. If you write the next chapter plz send a pm to me. Good luck
    Thanks I will! I will probably try and write one every weekend for a while. Or until I run out of ideas.

Also Jack Spicer, how do I vote on the FF contest?

Status
    Apr 2011
    #panneverfails

Thanks I will! I will probably try and write one every weekend for a while. Or until I run out of ideas.

Also Jack Spicer, how do I vote on the FF contest?
    Go to contests and they'll be a thread titled Voting Fanfiction Contest for March, or something like that. Then click the name of the person.

I like your idea. I'm going to write one every weekend or just write at school during some free time. That way I have a schedule and since I'm seriously into my story, I can expand it.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Go to contests and they'll be a thread titled Voting Fanfiction Contest for March, or something like that. Then click the name of the person.

I like your idea. I'm going to write one every weekend or just write at school during some free time. That way I have a schedule and since I'm seriously into my story, I can expand it.
    Yeah I like setting things out so I can't just brush it off.

I think my Supernatural fan-fic is going to be my primary one, and then I'm just going to do single installments of stuff like the Red Hood, or Revan. I was really hoping to get into this month's contest but apparently it closes up really fast. I wanted to change my name to Red Hood.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

I'm just wondering, how closely does this follow the show? After reading this I want to go watch the tv show now lol. I liked it and I do know what you mean about the views and replies you get from your story. Your story deserves more attention then what it has been getting. If you are interested, there's a new writing social group called Writer's Block and if you join that, you can post your ff there so other's can read it. The group is just a bunch of writers that get together and help motivate each other. (Since the other writing group died) Let me know when you get the next chapter out

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    I'm just wondering, how closely does this follow the show? After reading this I want to go watch the tv show now lol. I liked it and I do know what you mean about the views and replies you get from your story. Your story deserves more attention then what it has been getting. If you are interested, there's a new writing social group called Writer's Block and if you join that, you can post your ff there so other's can read it. The group is just a bunch of writers that get together and help motivate each other. (Since the other writing group died) Let me know when you get the next chapter out
    Well my fan fic is set a little bit before the show takes places, but I would say that the characters are fairly close to what they are in the show.

The show is set up like this;
    each episode has its own monster or villain, and the season has a whole overarching plot-line.

Usually the seasons do a one on one off thing where every other episode is related to the main plot and then in between that the episodes are self contained plots. Obviously they change this up sometimes but for the most part that is how it is.

Jack Spicer, any other opinions on how closely this relates to the show?

(By the way have you read the prologue I linked? That sets up the first episode and the beginning of the show. You don't learn all of what I wrote there in the first episode but the prologue is all canon material)

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Well my fan fic is set a little bit before the show takes places, but I would say that the characters are fairly close to what they are in the show.

The show is set up like this;
    each episode has its own monster or villain, and the season has a whole overarching plot-line.

Usually the seasons do a one on one off thing where every other episode is related to the main plot and then in between that the episodes are self contained plots. Obviously they change this up sometimes but for the most part that is how it is.

Jack Spicer, any other opinions on how closely this relates to the show?

(By the way have you read the prologue I linked? That sets up the first episode and the beginning of the show. You don't learn all of what I wrote there in the first episode but the prologue is all canon material)
    I did read it even commented on it

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    I did read it even commented on it
    Thanks by the way I gave you and Jack Spicer a +rep. Pretty much anyone who reads it all will get a +rep, even if they didn't like it.

You should totally get into the show though! They just put it on Netflix instant!
    And the main characters are in my sig, I know a lot of girls who watch it only for them.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Was very impressive. You are doing a fine job of "novelizing" the show my friend!

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatoneguy View Post
    Was very impressive. You are doing a fine job of "novelizing" the show my friend!
    Thank you for reading it! I'm going to do the second chapter this weekend, I'll post the link on here.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Thanks by the way I gave you and Jack Spicer a +rep. Pretty much anyone who reads it all will get a +rep, even if they didn't like it.

You should totally get into the show though! They just put it on Netflix instant!
    And the main characters are in my sig, I know a lot of girls who watch it only for them.
    Yes I saw ty ^_^
    :overjoy: I will check it out then!

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Thank you for reading it! I'm going to do the second chapter this weekend, I'll post the link on here.
    Awesome!

Status
    Jan 2012
    whipping tail and taking
    names!

man this was a totally awesome story and i think you deserve a +rep for it. this had to take a lot of thought. and the way you told the story was amazing. i was planning on stopping in the first chunk but i was so grabbed into the story that i couldn't stop. you are really good at story telling.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dm1202 View Post
    man this was a totally awesome story and i think you deserve a +rep for it. this had to take a lot of thought. and the way you told the story was amazing. i was planning on stopping in the first chunk but i was so grabbed into the story that i couldn't stop. you are really good at story telling.
    Thanks man! I appreciate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»