Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    TLSoK Series Finale Part 1
    released!! Look for it in the
    FF section!

Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [March 2012]

Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    Oh so that means I can still go with my idea! :D Thanks for letting us know, even though we don't know if it still applies.
    I asked Lawliet about it. Guess she will clear it up when she get's online again^^

It was kind of strict before back in the days, but I guess they have changed around a bit, not sure.

For example, if you joined with chapter 4,5 and 6, you had to have "Link to chapter 4, 5 and 6" before the link, and not just "link to chapter"

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    ty Jack that whole message is very inspiring and everyone should feel the same about it. :overjoy: yay I have a mini-me!
    ^^ It was inspiring. I feel like staying up all night writing!! But alas, I have major testing tomorrow. But I can write all night tomorrow!!
    And yay!

Legendary Sage of Konoha Michael92's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    FF section!

I found RokuNR's post as I was talking about:

http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...08&postcount=5

RokuNR: "I wish I could submit the later chapters...but by the rules, I need to go in order >_>'"

:shrug:

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    I asked Lawliet about it. Guess she will clear it up when she get's online again^^

It was kind of strict before back in the days, but I guess they have changed around a bit, not sure.

For example, if you joined with chapter 4,5 and 6, you had to have "Link to chapter 4, 5 and 6" before the link, and not just "link to chapter"
    Yeah that's werid, though I'm curious if it was such a strict rule then why wasn't it in the rules (word for word)? :shrug: Who knows anymore :confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    ^^ It was inspiring. I feel like staying up all night writing!! But alas, I have major testing tomorrow. But I can write all night tomorrow!!
    And yay!
    :overjoy: it is an amazing feeling! Good luck with your test tomorrow!

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

Yeah that's werid, though I'm curious if it was such a strict rule then why wasn't it in the rules (word for word)? :shrug: Who knows anymore :confused:

:overjoy: it is an amazing feeling! Good luck with your test tomorrow!
    Thanks. ^^ I'll most likely fail, but I can take it as many times as I want. As long as I have the money. :izuna: and I shall write today!! I shall finish... 1 chapter!! The 3 chapters will not happen by midnight lol.

Previous username: Yama Pleiades's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    Not actually, or atleast I don't see where. It says you "can" submit the others if you want to next time, but doesn't say you have to follow in the order from last time (Ex- 12, 13, 14 and then 15, 16, 17). Again, I don't know if Lawliet ever stated it, but I don't see a precise rule so just my interpretation.

Anyways, made my decision on who I'll be voting for.

That's my interpretation as well, even if it is a rule, I think there's a flaw. It's not definite enough? O_o

It should read if you have more than 3 chapters you will have to submit the first 3 now and then the next three when you participate again.

if it's against the rules, that "can" contradicts the whole sentence

@Zoro link me that chapter as well, I'd love to give it a look as well

Last edited by Pleiades; 03-09-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Yama View Post
    That's my interpretation as well, even if it is a rule, I think there's a flaw. It's not definite enough? O_o

@Zoro link me that chapter as well, I'd love to give it a look as well
    I will ^_^

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro.. View Post
    I will ^_^
    I would also love to read it. <-- *Is obsessed with reading.* :izuna:

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Once it comes out I will be all about that game
    No thoughts of the base until after I beat it :scorps:
    That shows great character on your behalf!
    Hehehe
    That's a good way - Always eying the victory.
    Thanks; though it's more of my personality than character.

The contest is up already huh...

For this month's contest, Escorpiius, hands down!
    I could really have pushed the limit of letters in this post describing how good of a writer he is, but that would just become boring, so instead, I'll try to keep it short and simple.

For me, there really isn't anyone other on the base, except for Kuroi Honoo and RokuNr, that can match your quality of writing. Not only the way you describe, build up and interact between the different characters, but the way you're able to mix two different stories together and make an outcome as... insane as this. It's a shame really that you haven't won this contest yet being as how far above average your FF really is.

My vote goes to you this month, and I sincerely hope you will win this time as it's about damn time you got a first place too and you would have earned it by 100% if you did so. I can't really see any other clear winners this time around, except for you and even if you don't need it, best of luck.

ThatOneChick for 2nd place.
    Reborn for 3rd.
    That's my prediction...

I was actually thinking of joining this month, but it was already filled up. We'll see next month as I'll definitely be using Escorpiius's trick of subscribing to this section for the next one.
    I got 1 votes
    , jokes apart, I doubt I'll even place in this contest as I said to you before but you seemed so confident about your prediction and you said such nice words that I'll let it be and hope for the best

If this prediction does come, true it would be an honor for Escorp to win.
    I have to read it still but after this statement I'm reading his first! :izuna:

I'm also honored by this comment, I really need to read Escorp's all the more! This contest will defiantly be a nail bitter.
    Yay! Frankly, if I gain one more follower of my FF, I'd be damn elated xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    As I said, it was a tight choice and I love Escorps story so much+he has great writing skills, but I gave it to ThatOneChick. Her detail is so amazing, It's really expert-ive.

Also, everyone's was amazing. Reborn is on par with the two I mentioned earlier and I almost considered giving him the vote, but he'll place nonetheless. Awesome job.

I'm a big fan of Maina's FF. Very well executed and the storyline is nice. Spotlighting all characters is a major plus in my mind. You do it well. Nice writing skills. I see a first place in your future, definitely.

Netsui is a mini OneChick. I see the same strengths in you as I do her. I see you're clearly skilled, dedicated, and damn impressive. I sort of regret not giving you the vote since the others are more established then you. I really hope this contest jumpstarts you as a name to be seen around here. First place is also in your future, maybe even a place in this contest. As I said, damn good.

Zoro, you're in the same league as all those mentioned up. Very highly skilled and I can see your dedication. One of the best stories of a FF, I do love Kisame. The story speaks for itself because it's a great concept, but your writing skills make me regret not voting for you. I sound like a broken record, but you're damn good too. Way skilled. I regret not reading your work before today. Sweet job. Worthy of a medal and I easily see you bearing much more than just a couple in he future.

And finally Scaze, just like everyone else, you did amazing. I'm not complimenting to be a good guy or a suck up because I'm being straight up. The FF section is so talented. It's truly filled with great minds. Story was a favorite of mine. All storylines seemed to be good. Writing was sweetness. Only tip is that you should improve at naming the titles

Probably the best contest-competitors in a long time. Although Michael, Kuroi, The Dork, Zero, and House (aswell as a few more) are extremely talented and their work is just awesome, it's nice to have a new refreshing group of people and a contest where like 89% of the competitors did such amazing work. Nearly a perfect rounded FF contest.

Again, good luck everyone. Amazing job.
    Thanks for considering me at the very least And brilliant writing on all the FF writers. I agree that the level of the FFs is incredibly high nowadays and so are all contests. The number of submissions in all contests have rocketed to new highs and if there weren't the 8 Eligibility Rule, this contest would have been overflown with submissions. Like 20-25 submissions each month.

Actually, the FF contest is a double race. You need to run faster first to be among the Top 8 out of those 20-25 pack and submit. Then you need to go through another race; decided by the voters. Good ol' times are long time gone.

@ Everyone() - Well I think it's more of a rule of the past, as I can't remember seeing it being stated these days. But yeah, you basically had to go in order with the chapters of one FF you had, however you could join in with chapters from another FF you've made the next month for example. It was all about having the order of each of your FF followed.

For example, you made two FFs - both with 6 chapters... You could join in with the three first of one of them the first month, but then you could choose the three first of the other one if you liked the next month. But next time you entered with any of them, you had to join in with the next following. Like I said, don't know if this "rule" still apply, but that's basically what Lawliet told me back in the days when I joined my first contest.

That's also the reason to RokuNR complaining he had to join in with one of his less good chapters one month, when he really wanted to join in with some of those he had made later
    I never heard that rule but I always participated with my chapters in order though; it was a personal principle.

The post of Roku is of 2010 though and I think it was a month later that I started with reading your FF if I'm not mistaken. Thus, it wasn't such old time and I wonder why I never heard of it.

I'm sure Lawliet will clarify us on this soon but I think it's a dated rule though. If you see the thread; colored post were allowed, Lawliet had time to bump the thread so as to get more participants and it didn't even reached 8. These are things that isn't possible now. Likewise, I think that the Order of Participation rule you're talking about might have received modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro.. View Post
    Okay ^_^ I love your feedback

Thanks ^_^ I love your work as well and could say nothing but positive things about it ^^ Keep writing
    And also wait until Keotsu comes back He is working on his story and is a phenomenal writer I highly suggest you take a look at his work.
    Yeah, Koetsu told me, he wanted to come back to FF writing. Hopefully, it will be soon enough.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Checkmate

Good Luck

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    FF section!

I think this is the first time I've seen the FF contest of the month among the hottest threads of the week... like ever O__O

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

I think this is the first time I've seen the FF contest of the month among the hottest threads of the week... like ever O__O
    that's awesome!

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I've missed out on a lot of the conversations

I would like to say, I hardly consider myself on the same level of Escorpiius, Sensei, Jack Michael, Roku, Koetsu, and Kuroi

The last four bolded were my inspiration to even begin writing Fanfiction on the base so that I could achieve a fairly respectable name on the Fanfiction base.

As for me, I'm a person who votes for somebody in the contest who is strong in their writing but doesn't generally recieve a lot of acknowledgement. I don't vote for people I want to win so much mainly those who are rising in their abilities and are becomning stronger writers and so I could contribute my support to those who need it.

The people mentioned above, I'd rarely vote for then (except for sensei because me sensei) in a compitition because I know they're good writers and I know I'm not the only one who sees it which is why my vote would only help point out the obvious

As for Michael's prediction, I'm looking at Escorpiius, sensei and chainkiller for the top places, I know it'll be tough but I want my dear sensei to win...but with stronger writers in the field this month I know it'll be close...which is always funner

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

I would like to say, I hardly consider myself on the same level of Escorpiius, Sensei, Jack Michael, Roku, Koetsu, and Kuroi

The last four bolded were my inspiration to even begin writing Fanfiction on the base so that I could achieve a fairly respectable name on the Fanfiction base.

As for me, I'm a person who votes for somebody in the contest who is strong in their writing but doesn't generally recieve a lot of acknowledgement. I don't vote for people I want to win so much mainly those who are rising in their abilities and are becomning stronger writers and so I could contribute my support to those who need it.

The people mentioned above, I'd rarely vote for then (except for sensei because me sensei) in a compitition because I know they're good writers and I know I'm not the only one who sees it which is why my vote would only help point out the obvious

As for Michael's prediction, I'm looking at Escorpiius, sensei and chainkiller for the top places, I know it'll be tough but I want my dear sensei to win...but with stronger writers in the field this month I know it'll be close...which is always funner
    Me u too Reborn!

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I voted.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    FF section!

I just discovered Chainkiller changed her name o__O Guess I'll add her in beside you in my prediction then. One of you will get 3rd, unless you go all the way O___O

Status
    Aug 2010
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Me u too Reborn!
    wease: weely wease:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Jazzy~ View Post
    I voted.
    For whom?! Don't keep us in suspense.

I just discovered Chainkiller changed her name o__O Guess I'll add her in beside you in my prediction then. One of you will get 3rd, unless you go all the way O___O
    Give it to Chain, I like her new name but I gotta get used to it .

I lack in my descriptive skills, am repetative, and I tend to make things run a little long. I like to believe I have a fair ability to develop a plot structure, but I haven't had any true feedback on any of my chapters in so long. I like the compliments and all but I want some actual feedback on how I did on my chapters sometimes

I lack in several of the aspects that constitute what a strong writer is supposed to be...Sensei Why have you stopped mentoring me!!

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

wease: weely wease:
    For whom?! Don't keep us in suspense.
    Give it to Chain, I like her new name but I gotta get used to it .

I lack in my descriptive skills, am repetative, and I tend to make things run a little long. I like to believe I have a fair ability to develop a plot structure, but I haven't had any true feedback on any of my chapters in so long. I like the compliments and all but I want some actual feedback on how I did on my chapters sometimes

I lack in several of the aspects that constitute what a strong writer is supposed to be...Sensei Why have you stopped mentoring me!!
    I haven't stopped I just can't keep up with all your ff's anymore

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I haven't stopped I just can't keep up with all your ff's anymore
    It's alright, I'll try to manage myself, I don't want to rush you sensei, I'm going to read your chapters for the contest, I've skimmed Escorpiius' chapters already and, like I said my vote won't go to him because I have faith that others in the base who vote know of his abilities, same with sensei however I naturally follow my dear sensei's FFs wease:

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

It's alright, I'll try to manage myself, I don't want to rush you sensei, I'm going to read your chapters for the contest, I've skimmed Escorpiius' chapters already and, like I said my vote won't go to him because I have faith that others in the base who vote know of his abilities, same with sensei however I naturally follow my dear sensei's FFs wease:
    Ty and I hope I can get chapter 16 out soon, I'm stoked about it!
    I really do need to catch up on yours.
    Though I keep feeling further and further behind

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    FF section!

27 Voters and still not halfway through... Looking good o_O

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

my foe-pod caused more attention than I thought it would sorry guys
    I really didn't know as I read the rules on the sticky.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

27 votes! O.O

That's great :overjoy: I can't wait to make my vote.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

27 votes! O.O

I can't wait for this to be over :izuna: lol

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    FF section!

my foe-pod caused more attention than I thought it would sorry guys
    I really didn't know as I read the rules on the sticky.
    foe-pod? o__O

27 votes! O.O

Well... still a long way to go before breaking any records I guess >_>