Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Reunion (Supernatural -Early Years)

Prologue
    Ch.1 - Crossroads
    Ch. 3 Unfulfilled Desires

Reunion
    Severance, Kansas; as close to a ghost town as a town can be while still having living residents. This was exactly the reason why the Winchesters had chosen to stay there while they were hunting down leads on the demon that had killed their mother. With a total population of 94 people, it was the perfect place to lay low without anyone being able to find them. That isolation came at a price though, as contact with the rest of the world was almost nonexistent.

“We need to go out and look for him Dean!”

“Not yet, we aren’t even sure that he’s in trouble. No need to start panicking before we know what the situation is.” Dean tried to sound more confident than he felt. He knew Sam was right but he didn’t want to admit it. Admitting it made it seem worse somehow, as if admitting to himself that he was scared somehow made him weaker and more vulnerable to what was after them.

“He has never been gone this long before…” Dean started to object but Sam cut him off, “at least he has never been gone this long without leaving us a message.”

“C’mon Sammy, look at this place, it has like one telephone line in the entire town. How would he leave us a message?” Sam had to admit that Dean was right; there wasn’t really a feasible way to get a hold of them. That was why they had decided to stay here while their dad went to neighboring towns in search of clues. Knowing that didn’t make him feel any better though.

“Still, this can’t be coincidence. We come back here after all this time and dad goes missing for almost two weeks? Can’t you feel it? Something is happening; maybe dad found something and got in over his head.”

“Alright how about this, we’ll give it another day and if he hasn’t contacted us or made it back by tomorrow we’ll head out and look for him ok?” Dean knew he wasn’t fooling Sam with this bravado, but it was a facade he had to put on, because if he wasn’t strong for Sam, who would be?

__________________________________________________ _______________

Sam spent the entire next day getting everything ready and getting prepared for the search for their dad. He had gotten careless last time and was helpless against Janus. He wouldn’t rely on blind luck and honesty to save him, most things they hunt wouldn’t even bat an eye at killing a kid, and mercy to them was just a character in a Superman comic.

Dean let him get everything ready, although his mind was already made up; he wasn’t going to allow Sam to go on the hunt with him. Stumbling into danger is one thing but actively looking for it was suicidal for someone Sam’s age. He wouldn’t tell Sam that until the time came though, no need to cause more arguments.

“You ready to head out tonight?” Sam asked.

“It would be better if we got some rest, plus I want to start out in the daylight.”

“But leaving at night would make it easier for us to get around without being seen, I’d rather not have anyone, or anything, know where we’re staying.”

“Sam, we’re leaving in the morning, just deal with it.” Dean said; relenting a little he explained, “Look Sam, whatever we are looking for was good enough to catch dad, do you really want to go out at night not knowing what we are after or how to fight it?”

“I guess not, I just want to get going though, I don’t want anything to happen.” Sam said with a shudder.

John awoke slowly, adjusting to the darkness around him. The last thing he remembered was walking out of the bar after questioning the bartender about the recent disappearances. Scanning the room, he felt a sense of déjà vu, as if he had been there before.

There was something about the room that seemed familiar, but before he could come to the answer his attention was drawn to a noise behind him. He heard light breathing, and the sound of someone slightly shifting their weight. He tried to turn to see what was there but was tied too tightly to the chair, and his whole body was bound so he couldn’t even use his legs to try and move either.

John heard a man’s voice say, “I wouldn’t try moving too much, I have you all tied up, a sort of Christmas present for me. I’m going to have a lot of fun unwrapping this one though, aren’t you excited? I can’t wait to see what’s inside.”

John replied, “Who are you? What do you want with me?” his voice cracking, he felt like he hadn’t had anything to drink in days.

“Still asking questions I see. You know that is what got my attention in the first place; when a man shows up claiming to be from the FBI people can get a little worried, especially when you start asking questions about their…activities.”

“So you’re the one behind the missing people? I’m not going to allow you to hurt anyone else.”

The man finally walked around in front of John and looked him right in the eyes, despite the darkness of the room John could see that the man was a demon; his eyes were somehow blacker than the darkness around them, and infinitely more menacing.

The man laughed as he walked; a laugh full of inhuman rage and hate. “The irony here is that you think you can prevent me from hurting anyone ever again when you are about to be tortured and killed. We’ll see how long you keep up the tough guy act.”

The man approached John with a small knife, a crowbar, and a box of matches. “Which should I use first? I try not to use the crowbar first because often it will leave people barely conscious and numb, and I want you to feel every second of this. Don’t worry though, we’ll get to it, but let’s have our fun with these now.”

John could see the man’s mouth still moving but the words were drowned out in screams of pain.

Sam and Dean were on the road before dawn, trying to leave as early as possible to get their search started. The last place they knew their dad was going was Lawrence, so they were headed there.

“Of course it would be here, I hate that we have to come back, why couldn’t this it have been anywhere else?”

“I know Sam, I know.” Dean thought about how it would feel, losing not one but two parents to this god forsaken town. He was steeling himself for the worst, but he had no idea what Sam was thinking, or how he would hold up if they didn’t get there in time.

Later in Lawrence, Sam and Dean were questioning people all the local store owners, seeing if any of them had seen their father. A few people had seen him but had none of them had any information for them.

As their search progressed Sam was getting more and more frantic, and by the time they got to a seedy bar named ‘Duffy’s’, Sam was nearly hysterical.

“Hey kids, you gotta get out of here. I might turn a blind eye when kids are a few months shy, but you two are clearly not 21.”

“Don’t worry. “ Dean said, “We aren’t here to get drinks from you, we just wanted to ask some questions.”

“Well make it fast, I’ve got a couple of cops who are regulars here, I don’t want them bustin’ my balls because you two are in here. So go on and ask your questions” the bartender said gruffly.

“All we want to know is if you have seen this man, and if you knew where he went.”

“Yeah I saw him, but that was about…uh 4 days ago? 3? Why are two kids looking for an FBI agent anyway?”

“It doesn’t matter.” Sam replied, “Can you tell us where he was going or not?”

“I think I saw him head to that neighborhood to the right, I think Green Acres is the name.”

Sam and Dean both reacted at the same time, “What did you say?” Dean practically yelled.
    “Hey calm down kid, I said Green Acres.”

Outside the bar Sam and Dean were talking. “That definitely isn’t a coincidence, I guess the only thing left to do is go check out our old house.”

“Yeah, but we can’t go just rushing in there. A family could live there, or we could alert whoever took dad if he is there.”

“You’re right Dean, let’s make a plan.”

John faded in and out of consciousness. The last few days had been hell, the demon tortured him with all sorts of things, but kept him fed and never pushed him far enough to kill him. Apparently it wanted to prolong his misery. He could only hope Sam and Dean weren’t caught as well. At least they would get away. As that thought went through his mind John faded back into unconsciousness.

When he next opened his eyes the demon was sitting there, eyeing him with an amused expression. “I have some fun planned for us today.”

“More fun? I can’t wait.” Despite his words John couldn’t hide the grimace of pain that washed over his body.

“Oh don’t worry, not that sort of fun, I have something special for you today. Someone you once knew wants to see you.”

The demon stood up and walked out. When he came back he was dragging a woman, her hands bound and a burlap sack over her head.

The demon unbound her hands and walked out of the room. “I’ll let you two catch up, for now I’ve got to go deal with two intruders. I’ll be right back.”

The woman slowly got up off the floor, and pulled the sack off of her head. John’s screams filled the room. “How…? How are you here?”

“I don’t know John, the only thing I remember is coming up here to check on Sam and then …nothing, blackness.”

“Mary…” John’s voice was pleading, begging for this to not be real; he couldn’t go through the pain of losing her twice to demons.

Mary Winchester got up and walked over to John. “What have they done to you John? Why have they been torturing you?”

The demon then walked in dragging Sam and Dean behind him, they were both gagged and bound. “Mary, stop him, you need to save Sam and Dean!” John yelled.

“Is this Sam and Dean?” Mary asked. “They’ve gotten so big, I hardly recognized them.” John was confused, why wasn’t Mary trying to rescue Sam and Dean? Surely she cared about their safety; they were her sons after all. But as she turned back to John he saw something that horrified him as much as Sam and Dean being captured. Her eyes were black as night.

“Well now John, here is the fun we had in store for tonight. I’ll let you go, but only one of your sons will be freed. You have to choose which one it will be. Will it be Sam? Poor sweet little Sammy, who lost his mom and has had no friends his whole life? Little Sammy who cares about other people, who doesn’t seem interested in hunting, who always argues with you?”

“Or will it be Dean? The strong one, the son you can rely on, a little too dependent on his father, but the son who cares more about his family than anything else in the world. Dean, who masks his pain and anger behind jokes and a macho exterior, much like you. So which one will it be John?”

John didn’t say anything; he couldn’t even begin to process this. His whole world was right here in front of him but instead of the life he had once had it was some twisted version. Here was his dead wife, now a demon, telling him to choose which of his sons he had to kill in order to save the other one.

“Choose John, or I’ll kill them both.”

“Mary please don’t do this, these are your sons, you died to protect Sam. Try and remember that, try and take control, don’t let them get hurt.”

“The clock is ticking John, you don’t have much time.” Mary warned. “I’d hate for you to have to lose both of them. Well maybe not but I’m trying to be fair here.”

Mary took off the gags and blindfolds on Sam and Dean saying, “I want you to see their faces John, let them know who you choose, that way they can know who you really love.”

“Mom, is that really you?” Sam sobbed.

“Sam, don’t go near her, that isn’t your mother, it’s a demon.” John yelled.

Dean just stared at his father, waiting for him to make the choice. “Just do it dad, I heard her, you have to choose between us. We all know who your favorite is, it’s ok, I’ve made my peace with that.”

“No Dean, don’t say that. You know how important to me you boys are, I can’t choose between you.”

“Then they both die John” The Mary/demon said as she went to cut Sam’s throat.

“NO, stop. Take me, please, take me” John was frantic, tearing at his restraints.

“Not going to happen John, here is your last chance, choose one or you all die.”

John looked at the floor and gave an almost imperceptible nod.

“Well John, I’m truly interested to see who you pick. Remember that knife won’t do you any good against me.” The demon said as she cut John’s bonds.

Sobbing John turned to the boys, who had never seen him cry, never seen their dad show signs of weakness and defeat.

“I’m sorry boys, I really am. You have no idea how much I love you both.” John walked towards them knife raised.

John was sitting in a chair, his head in his hands. He couldn’t tell if he was crying, or if it was the blood in his hands streaming across his face. A hand touched his shoulder trying to comfort him.

“It’s alright dad, you’re safe now.” Sam said. John jumped at the sound, snapping him out of his stasis.

“We killed the demon dad; it was torturing you, both physically and mentally. Was it changing your dreams as well? It must have been, otherwise it wouldn’t have kept you unconscious most of the time.”

John broke down into a fresh wave of tears. None of that had been real. He had been captured, but his sons were alive, and Mary wasn’t a demon.

“Are you all right dad? What did it make you see?” Dean asked.

“Nothing at all, I’m just glad we’re all ok.” John said. Deep down though John didn’t know if he would ever be ok again.

Last edited by Itachi Namikaze; 03-17-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Reunion (Supernatural -Early Years)

first to post! Yay ok I'll read it now

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneChick View Post
    first to post! Yay ok I'll read it now
    Lqtm, thanks! I hope you liked it. This one is slightly darker than the first chapter.

Status
    Apr 2011
    #panneverfails

I got the message and did read it, but I, and I do apologize, got caught up in the Jerzathon.

This chapter was indeed darker and it holds the mental/emotion factor perfectly. Torture always does that and you pulled it off well. Great dedication to the FF since it's long and you can see it all pays off since it's written extremely well.

Awesome job.

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    I got the message and did read it, but I, and I do apologize, got caught up in the Jerzathon.

This chapter was indeed darker and it holds the mental/emotion factor perfectly. Torture always does that and you pulled it off well. Great dedication to the FF since it's long and you can see it all pays off since it's written extremely well.

Awesome job.
    That is ok man, no worries. What is this Jerzathon you speak of?

Do the characters seem real to you? As in fully fledged characters? I don't know I kind of feel like I'm making my characters one-dimensional.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Later in Lawrence, Sam and Dean were questioning people all the local store owners, seeing if any of them had seen anyone their father.

A little error here anyone shouldn't be there.

Sobbing John turned to the boys, who had never seen him cry, never seen their dad show signs of weakness and defeat. (I think this sentence is suppose to be next to the other and not underneath it )

Also good story, glad it was all in John's head, would have been hell to choose which son to live and the other die. I wish you put more detail in the torture though (sounds dark I know) but to give the reader a better idea of the pain. Like with the matchbox, show the skin melting off his finger as burnt skin filled the air. Or the agony of being beaten in the head or breaking his limbs with the crowbar. Idk maybe I'm a person that loves too much detail. I would just rather have seen it for myself with your words, instead of you saying it. Does that make sense? :ghehe:

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Later in Lawrence, Sam and Dean were questioning people all the local store owners, seeing if any of them had seen anyone their father.

A little error here anyone shouldn't be there.

Sobbing John turned to the boys, who had never seen him cry, never seen their dad show signs of weakness and defeat. (I think this sentence is suppose to be next to the other and not underneath it )

Also good story, glad it was all in John's head, would have been hell to choose which son to live and the other die. I wish you put more detail in the torture though (sounds dark I know) but to give the reader a better idea of the pain. Like with the matchbox, show the skin melting off his finger as burnt skin filled the air. Or the agony of being beaten in the head or breaking his limbs with the crowbar. Idk maybe I'm a person that loves too much detail. I would just rather have seen it for myself with your words, instead of you saying it. Does that make sense? :ghehe:
    Thanks! I'll edit that.

I thought about going into the details, but I felt alot of people on here wouldn't be into that, so I just showed the tools that were being used to give you a general idea of what was going on.

The real torture though wasn't the physical part, it was John's little miniature hell in his head.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

hello

Status
    Dec 2011
    This user has no status.

Great story.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Namikaze View Post
    Thanks! I'll edit that.

I thought about going into the details, but I felt alot of people on here wouldn't be into that, so I just showed the tools that were being used to give you a general idea of what was going on.

The real torture though wasn't the physical part, it was John's little miniature hell in his head.
    Yes I got that from the part where you stated that he never cried before.
    Detail is what makes a story go OMG that's gross or HOLY CROW how can he withstand that! It gives a better visual of the pain he's going through. Even if it wasn't the hell he was experiencing, it still emphasizes on how much greater that mental torture was for him. To be able to withstand such afflictions but breaking down over having to kill a child and seeing his wife again. It really hits harder home for a reader. oh and np ^_^

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by firoz View Post
    hello
    Hi, welcome to Narutobase. Have fun here, hopefully you read the story and are not just confused about where to post. Even if you didn't though, that is ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortallz View Post
    Great story.
    Thanks! The prologue and the first chapter are in the links at the top if you want to read them.
    Yes I got that from the part where you stated that he never cried before.
    Detail is what makes a story go OMG that's gross or HOLY CROW how can he withstand that! It gives a better visual of the pain he's going through. Even if it wasn't the hell he was experiencing, it still emphasizes on how much greater that mental torture was for him. To be able to withstand such afflictions but breaking down over having to kill a child and seeing his wife again. It really hits harder home for a reader. oh and np ^_^
    I'm sure that he has cried before, it was just that his kids had never seen him cry.

I'll try and go into more detail for you the next time someone gets tortured.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Hi, welcome to Narutobase. Have fun here, hopefully you read the story and are not just confused about where to post. Even if you didn't though, that is ok.

Thanks! The prologue and the first chapter are in the links at the top if you want to read them.

I'm sure that he has cried before, it was just that his kids had never seen him cry.

I'll try and go into more detail for you the next time someone gets tortured.
    lol that makes me sound like a dark person
    I mean more detail in things like that.
    Where you're like O.O must know what's going on.
    :shrug: Maybe I just put too much detail in my stories.
    I like the reader to feel like they're there.
    Anyone can say things, however to give them a visualization while you are telling the story is a work of art!
    Either way you did a good job and I think you captured Dean and Sam well.
    Yes, I started to watch it :y lol

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

lol that makes me sound like a dark person
    I mean more detail in things like that.
    Where you're like O.O must know what's going on.
    :shrug: Maybe I just put too much detail in my stories.
    I like the reader to feel like they're there.
    Anyone can say things, however to give them a visualization while you are telling the story is a work of art!
    Either way you did a good job and I think you captured Dean and Sam well.
    Yes, I started to watch it :y lol
    Sweetness! It is an awesome show, no?

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Sweetness! It is an awesome show, no?
    It is lol ty for telling me about it ^_^

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

It is lol ty for telling me about it ^_^
    No problemo! I like getting people to watch shows that are awesome.

By the way, between the first chapter and this one, which did you like better?

Status
    Jan 2012
    whipping tail and taking
    names!

this is a real good chapter. this raised some questions like what was the coincidence of green acres?

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dm1202 View Post
    this is a real good chapter. this raised some questions like what was the coincidence of green acres?
    That was their old neighborhood. I just made that part up, but for the most part I actually research this stuff.

I find real town names that relate to what I am writing about and use names of real places.

For instance, Severance, Kansas. That is a real place with an actual population of 94. And the bar Duffy's is a real place in Lawrence Kansas.

Did anyone get pick up on the symbolism of the town names? Last chapter I had it in Crete, Nebraska. Crete was also the island in Greek myths where the labyrinth was. Choices, choices.

It takes alot of time to research all of that stuff, that is why I can't pop these things out as easily as I want to.

Status
    Oct 2011
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

, omggggg words cannot describe the epicness........ at one that one point where the tension was so heated and he had to choose which son he'd kill , my jaw was dropped , well done, i need mroeeee

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Owarij View Post
    , omggggg words cannot describe the epicness........ at one that one point where the tension was so heated and he had to choose which son he'd kill , my jaw was dropped , well done, i need mroeeee
    I'm making the third chapter now. Each of the beginning chapters is going to focus on one of the main characters, and then after that we will get into a major plotline (with different creatures every week still).

Status
    Jan 2012
    <3 stalker imp <3

good. I have one suggestion for you; you should describe scene better.your describe is good but not perfect.any way +rep for your good story :D .send me pm when you write the next chapter.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»