Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Hybrid View

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi's Gift: Kogarasu Maru

I found this thread on another forum and wanted to share it with you all because I found it very well researched and convincing. I'm not taking credit for this, it is not my research, just sharing You can view the original thread here.

In Naruto Chapter 403 Tears, it is revealed that Itachi gave Naruto a gift, a special power to help him in the future (with a crow in his mouth). I believe I have discovered the inspiration for that power.

Some History:
    "The Kogarasu Maru or "Little Crow", is a unique Japanese tachi sword rumored to have been created by legendary Japanese smith Amakuni during 8th century CE."

"The Kogarasu Maru is sometimes referred to as a Kogarasu Zukuri as the blade of the Kogarasu Maru was forged in the Kissaki Moro Ha Zukuri design. The Kogarasu Maru is unique as a bridge between the old double-edged Japanese Ken (based on the traditional Chinese straight sword) and the traditional Japanese tachi and eventual katana.

The Kogarasu Maru "Little Crow" is the most famous of the known Kogarasu Zukuri blades and currently in the Japanese Imperial Collection. The tang of the Kogarasu Maru is not signed but the blade is believed to have been made during the either the early Heian period or late Nara period, by the famous Japanese swordsmith Amakuni, who is said to have created the first curved Japanese sword and is believed to have lived during this period.

"There is an ancient legend that attribute this revolution in sword making to Amakuni, traditionally belived to be the maker of Kogarasumaru or ‘Little Crow’, the first curved NipponTo, now in the Imperial Household Collection. According to this legend Amakuni was the Emperor’s swordsmith. One day he saw his lord’s army returning from a battle and the Emperor ignored him instead to give the usual cheers for the good work made with the blades. Then he noticed that many soldiers had broken swords. They where chokuto or straight swords. He was so disappointed of this that he avoid to eat food and drink water for a week, studying a better way to make swords. According to the legend Inari (fox spirit), the Kami of swordsmakers, appeared in a dream to Amakuni, teaching him how to wrap a soft steel core in an harder one, and how a curved edge is more suitable to cuts and more resistant to shocks than the previous straight one. The day after Amakuni made Kogarasu Maru, the ancestor of all NihonTo."

"Ama-kuni of Yamato, who lived about A. D. 700, was a celebrated maker. One of his blades is said to have been carried off by a crow during the reign of Kuwammu-Tenno, A. D. 782, and has since been known by the name of the Kogarasu maru * (little crow). In A. D. 940 Taira Sadamori became the possessor of this sword, which was drawn by him in the wars with Masakado, who was until lately deified at Kanda, Yeddo. "

------------------------------

These are the covers for Naruto Chapter 3 and Chapter 185 (they're the same covers). We see a "Little Crow" just over Naruto's shoulder. Also, this is the only known chapter cover(at least to my knowledge) that has ever been repeated. (notice the significance of having the image of a little crow when Kishi introduces Sasuke into the manga and when Sasuke leaves Konoha to go to Orochimaru)

Ch. 3 & 185 cover pages:

Then there's the cover for Naruto Chapter 11, on this chapter cover we see a crow carrying a sword in it's beak and it appears to be presenting it to Naruto:
    Ch. 11 Cover:

all the kunais almost suggest Hiraishin (Flying Thunder God Technique)

Notice in the backgrounds of each cover is the full moon, a clear symbol of Itachi. Naruto Chapter 142 Cover, this is a cover of Itachi with the full moon in the bottom lefthand corner. Naruto chapter 145 page 10 and page 11.

Also, one of the sources Itachi get's his name from is the Kamaitachi. The source of the name kamaitachi is kamaetachi, which means "attacking tachi". It was later changed to the name kamaitachi as a naming pun for "sickle weasel", by Toriyama Sekien. It's also of note that the kamaitachi itself is a wind demon. The Kamaitachi also makes an appearance in the Naruto series as one of Temari's summoning techniques.

Temari's sickle weasel summoning:

Well, there you have it. This is what I believe Itachi gave Naruto. Itachi gave Naruto a legendary sword named the Kogarasu Maru. The sword is most likely a chakra blade, which would allow Naruto to use his wind elemental affinity along with it to cut opponents at a distance - WraithX959
    ------------------------------------------------------------

my own additions to this theory:
    I was searching the internet for Cover Page pictures and here's what I found

notice anything?:

I wonder... if it really is a sword... how and when will it come to Naruto?

Last edited by Chakra; 03-13-2009 at 08:01 AM.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Itachi's Gift: Kogarasu Maru

amazing, whoever wrote this deserves their props, but how will naruto actually get the sword? will it come out of his mouth?

Last edited by Jsp; 03-13-2009 at 10:19 AM.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

interesting theory, the only thing which is a bit strange is that kishi seemed to have thrown that idea away for a long time (all pics are with the young naruto) and now comes back to it.
    im not completely confirmed, but its the only thing which makes sence we've heard so far. maybe a chakra blade to counter susanos special sword, because itachi said that he hopes that naruto never has to use it.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

isnt that theory
    FROm one mangan forums

& u already said that damn i need 2 be more like u oh well

[Theory] Kogarasu Maru: Itachi's Gift (Part 2) - OneManga.com Forums

[Theory] Kogarasu Maru: Itachi's Gift (Part 2) - 10-15-2008, 08:58 AM
    The opening post from the original thread.

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY WRAITHX959

Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WraithX959 View Post
    In Naruto Chapter 403 Tears, it is revealed that Itachi gave Naruto a gift, a special power to help him in the future. I believe I have discovered the inspiration for that power.

(Note: Items marked in Red are either links or items of importance)

"The Kogarasu Maru or "Little Crow", is a unique Japanese tachi sword rumored to have been created by legendary Japanese smith Amakuni during 8th century CE."

"The Kogarasu Maru is sometimes referred to as a Kogarasu Zukuri as the blade of the Kogarasu Maru was forged in the Kissaki Moro Ha Zukuri design. The Kogarasu Maru is unique as a bridge between the old double-edged Japanese Ken (based on the traditional Chinese straight sword) and the traditional Japanese tachi and eventual katana.

The Kogarasu Maru was designed with a curved double-edged blade approximately 62.8 cm long. One edge of the blade is sharped in normal tachi fashion, but as the edge comes to a point the blade continues in the reverse direction back towards the hilt of the sword, similar to a European sword or a Japanese yari spear, but stopping midway. A single bo-hi style groove runs down both sides of the blade to the hilt. The forging process yielded a sugaha "straight" style temper line on both sides of the blade.

The Kogarasu Maru "Little Crow" is the most famous of the known Kogarasu Zukuri blades and currently in the Japanese Imperial Collection. The tang of the Kogarasu Maru is not signed but the blade is believed to have been made during the either the early Heian period or late Nara period, by the famous Japanese swordsmith Amakuni, who is said to have created the first curved Japanese sword and is believed to have lived during this period. Two other Kogarasu Zukuri blades exist from this era, but many other blades of this type have been created throughout Japanese history."

"There is an ancient legend that attribute this revolution in sword making to Amakuni, traditionally belived to be the maker of Kogarasumaru or ‘Little Crow’, the first curved NipponTo, now in the Imperial Household Collection. According to this legend Amakuni was the Emperor’s swordsmith. One day he saw his lord’s army returning from a battle and the Emperor ignored him instead to give the usual cheers for the good work made with the blades. Then he noticed that many soldiers had broken swords. They where chokuto or straight swords. He was so disappointed of this that he avoid to eat food and drink water for a week, studying a better way to make swords. According to the legend Inari, the Kami of swordsmakers, appeared in a dream to Amakuni, teaching him how to wrap a soft steel core in an harder one, and how a curved edge is more suitable to cuts and more resistant to shocks than the previous straight one. The day after Amakuni made Kogarasu Maru, the ancestor of all NihonTo."

link

"Ama-kuni of Yamato, who lived about A. D. 700, was a celebrated maker. One of his blades is said to have been carried off by a crow during the reign of Kuwammu-Tenno, A. D. 782, and has since been known by the name of the Kogarasu maru * (little crow). In A. D. 940 Taira Sadamori became the possessor of this sword, which was drawn by him in the wars with Masakado, who was until lately deified at Kanda, Yeddo. "

link

These are the covers for Naruto Chapter 3 and Chapter 185. We see a "Little Crow" just over Naruto's shoulder. Also, this is the only known chapter cover(at least to my knowledge) that has ever been repeated.

Then there's the cover for Naruto Chapter 11, on this chapter cover we see a crow carrying a sword in it's beak and it appears to be presenting it to Naruto.

Notice in the backgrounds of each cover is the full moon, a clear symbol of Itachi. Naruto Chapter 142 Cover, this is a cover of Itachi with the full moon in the bottom lefthand corner. Naruto chapter 145 page 10 and page 11.

Also, one of the sources Itachi get's his name from is the Kamaitachi. The source of the name kamaitachi is kamaetachi, which means "attacking tachi". It was later changed to the name kamaitachi as a naming pun for "sickle weasel", by Toriyama Sekien. It's also of note that the kamaitachi itself is a wind demon. The Kamaitachi also makes an appearance in the Naruto series as one of Temari's summoning techniques.

Well, there you have it. This is what I believe Itachi gave Naruto. Itachi gave Naruto a legendary sword named the Kogarasu Maru. The sword is most likely a chakra blade, which would allow Naruto to use his wind elemental affinity along with it to cut opponents at a distance.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mad Sasuke@Konoha View Post
    wow ... this theory is awesome
    all the things about japanase mythologie
    i love it
    but theres one thing bothering me
    if the wraiths clues are right - the covers
    it means kishi has planned everything since the very beginning
    and that was 9 years ago
    if thats true i think he didnt thought his manga will be that great
    so it became longer and now the storys gonna show up

because if you look at naruto manga its like the story begins now and not
    9 years ago
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elemental Dragon Bura View Post
    there is nothing that proves hes making things up as he goes, for all we know he has a master plot set, and he just add little things, but its very possible he has planned everything ever since he realized that it was that good...George lucus wrote the entire star plot before the first movie was released
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lem. View Post
    Ive skipped a bunch of pages in this thread, so am not sure if it's been noticed yet.... probably has, knowing how deeply most of you seem to read between the lines.

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0082131/05.jpg

The little crow ("Kogarasu Maru"?) is chillin' on Naruto's shoulder as he soaks up the senjutsu chakra. I'd swear ive seen that little crow in another chapter aswell.

I can't find the links that someone else provided (Wraith?) for pics of Naruto with lil' crows. I've found the two below though

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/000..._ch003_085.jpg
    http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/000..._ch011_071.jpg
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WOTG View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but those are not crows.
    Pic 1 is just a random bird.
    Pic 2 is too cartoony to even determine.
    Pic 3 is actually a Hawk.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Soshin Hakaho View Post
    I think Itachi gave Naruto the ability to break a Tsukiomi made from Sasuke. I believe somewhere in the manga it said that only a brother of the user of Tsukiomi. If this is true then Kishi would still be following the lines that Sasuke is naruto's brother through their bonds.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Viesta View Post
    lol isnt that the bird that always randomly flies across the sky...screaming IDIOT or sumthing like that.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dragon3443 View Post
    dude that would be awesome!!!

your good
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sage-Naruto View Post
    it's not something that will break tsukiomi cause *** we saw, kb used the hatchibi to break the tsukiomi, so if naruto uses the kuubi chakara he will rid himselfe of that problem. therfore, no it's not something that will break the tsukiomi

OH MY OG I AM TURNINGI NTo renegade
    ...pshh o h well

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought about the same that Itachi gave Naruto a sword but the one he used on Orochimaru when he traped him in a infinite genyutsu and he had a shield and Sasuke couldnt break trough it but i dont remember the name
    That sword is the best it is invisible and 1 hit you are gone

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hello evryone........I liked the theory..Thanx Chakra-san to post dat theory...But when i was looking up one onemanga forums I came across this theory which seems better to me. Here is the link:-

[Theory] Itachi's gift - Samjoko, three legged bird - OneManga.com Forums

Please reply.............

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    ???

nice dude......nice theroy....

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

wow nice find. lots of proof to back it up.

it sure beats that theory about frogs doing genjutsu on naruto making him think they were itachi. LOL!!!!!!!

I still don't really like the idea of Naruto getting a sword. reps for u man!

Last edited by sakum0n0leonmccash; 03-13-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Nice theory, imagine Naruto with a sword..... LOL :D.

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Dude... AWESOME theory with perfect sense ! Great indeed ! :P

Regards o/

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ4Naruto View Post
    Hello evryone........I liked the theory..Thanx Chakra-san to post dat theory...But when i was looking up one onemanga forums I came across this theory which seems better to me. Here is the link:-

i agree with this theory slightly more than the original one posted on this thread but both make sense

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think it's worth to note that Sasuke's kusenagi sword is completely straight. If it builds up to a final battle and Naruto has to use this "power" that Itachi gave him to counter Sasuke, then the contrast between a straight and an arced blade with the latter being the countering factor makes perfect sense.

Y'all might still be overthinking things though.. even tho Kishi has proven to draw quite some things out of old history the symbolic might not go that deep.

Thanks a lot tho, was a great and nevertheless a believable theory. Repz for joo.

Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i just read this theory and it sounds more plausible to ^^^^

Trust
    Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It makes a lot of sense when you read it thoroughly.

Take a look at this thread ;
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/nar...got-japan.html
    It seems that Itachi is somehow brought back alive by the Eye of the Moon Plan.

When Itachi will come back, he will maybe abandon Madara and ally with Naruto instead of Kisame/Konan as it is mentioned here ;
    http://www.narutobase.net/forums/nar...kishimoto.html

When this is written ;
    3. One of the Akatsuki's member becomes friend/ally with Naruto

-> not yet confirmed, I'm expecting it to be Konan or Kisame

--> right now I guess it could be Konan (to save Pain) or Sasuke if we take him as an Akatsuki.

The Akatsuki member who will ally with Naruto could be Itachi.
    And maybe then he will reveal his gift.
    Maybe he needs Naruto's help to defeat Madara.
    There could be some sort of a connection with that sword.
    (Itachi's Gift: Kogarasu Maru)

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

While the original author said it was Samjoko I believe it's the japanese raven called Yatagarasu. When Yatagarasu appears it's seen as evidence of the Will of Heaven or Divine Intervention of human affairs. There's no hard evidence of Yatagarasu being three-legged in the japanese history book Kojiki according to wikipedia. This wouldn't be the first appearance of Yatagarasu in anime either. In Yo-gi-oh! it's exists as Yata-garasu. The fact that this great bird is seen as a sign of Divine Intervention of human affairs only strengthen the original authors theory though. External power (Itachi's power) will intervene in the battle between Naruto and Sasuke and create another outcome

Academy Student kyuubi sage itachi naruto's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by hwahl View Post
    While the original author said it was Samjoko I believe it's the japanese raven called Yatagarasu. When Yatagarasu appears it's seen as evidence of the Will of Heaven or Divine Intervention of human affairs. There's no hard evidence of Yatagarasu being three-legged in the japanese history book Kojiki according to wikipedia. This wouldn't be the first appearance of Yatagarasu in anime either. In Yo-gi-oh! it's exists as Yata-garasu. The fact that this great bird is seen as a sign of Divine Intervention of human affairs only strengthen the original authors theory though. External power (Itachi's power) will intervene in the battle between Naruto and Sasuke and create another outcome
    i agree

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This is one of the best theories I have ever read. It's definitely possible.

Props to the guy who made this, and to you for bring this amazing theory to us.

Thank you.

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well i'm convinced. Even though you didn't come up with the theory, I'll give you *rep* for providing this information to us. I still wonder, how and when will he use this sword? It also makes sense for it to be a sword because he can do seriouse damage when combined with his wind attacks.

Status
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

We`ll just have to wait and see ^_^

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Great theory, thanks for sharing!

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

hella sexy theory naruto with a sword (pro)

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If its true then kishi planned it since chapter 11, if this is all coincidence, wow...massive coincidences...so its probably true, if its not, amazing coincidences, but its a nice reminder of how huge coincidences can be.

10/10 for the idea, not as cool as fox control etc but nevermind

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi's gift to Naruto is Akatsuki nail polish

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by pedroc View Post
    Itachi's gift to Naruto is Akatsuki nail polish
    +Rep for you.

:D

His Akatsuki coat was really nice too but, I guess Sasuke got that... Who's their tailor? He creats those coats really fast.

Last edited by Archor; 06-22-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

this is a rele good theroy. i like the idea of naruto getting a sword but i doubt it will happen..
    i think itachi's gift is probaly 2 block susanoo..

ok this is off topic but everyone is sayin how ameratsu is "unblockable" but correct me if im wrong sasuke and madara did put the flames out.. who knows mabye something will happen and naruto will put the flames out on his own..

thatz y i think its susanoo, i mean its itachi's only technique that hasnt been beaten yet.. juss thinking out loud so no one get mad

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»