100 16.03%
Page 14 of 18 « First ... 4101112131415161718 Last»
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Manga Chapter 582 Discussion and 583 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Yokima Yagame View Post
    Kishimoto turned on the story mode .I think we had enuf action ,i mean naruto ,guy and kakashi vs Tobi - 5 kages vs Madara and now we will learn more about Kabuto .So stop actiong like a ***** the manga can't only bee action and blood .....
    But the stories that Kishi is telling us are not interesting.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by bjb yo View Post
    I really like this chapter, even if we didn't get much to do with the new eye technique. It showed that Kabuto really is a key player now... Kabuto literally managed to "kill" Itachi. He'd be dead if it weren't for Edo, even though he did admittedly do it to save Sasuke. Still, he's strong enough to get the upper hand on Itachi with a single technique, and it looks like Kabuto's jutsu don't use chakra at all... They use life force instead, something the Sharingan can't track.
    I think it's safe to say that even with Itachi's next new eye technique, Kabuto still has the upper hand.
    Well, you are right that Kabuto killed him but had it not been EDO Itachi's approach would have been different. An expert fighter usually knows which things to sacrifies for what and the priority changes with the changing situation.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I understand why Kishi needs to give background stories. But then he should have done it before he revealed Izanami, because ending a chapter with that and then following it with nothing but flashbacks and background stories is kind of a letdown. That is why I give this no more than 3 stars.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoMinato View Post
    Well, you are right that Kabuto killed him but had it not been EDO Itachi's approach would have been different. An expert fighter usually knows which things to sacrifies for what and the priority changes with the changing situation.
    So you're saying if he hadn't had Edo Tensai, he would have saved his own life and let Sasuke die in his place? I somehow doubt that... The way I see it, if Itachi hadn't used Susano, he would have been fast enough and got away, but Sasuke would have been impaled. If he used Susano on himself, once again, Sasuke would have been killed. The way I see it, Itachi is lucky he had Edo to keep him alive, otherwise at least one of them would be dead.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird31468 View Post
    This was the plot which made all big fights felt intense and meaningful. Kabuto's immense effort to stand up literally against the whole world must have a reason. (Even WWF wrestler first create a stupid plot and then fight.)

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I really like this chapter, even if we didn't get much to do with the new eye technique. It showed that Kabuto really is a key player now... Kabuto literally managed to "kill" Itachi. He'd be dead if it weren't for Edo, even though he did admittedly do it to save Sasuke. Still, he's strong enough to get the upper hand on Itachi with a single technique, and it looks like Kabuto's jutsu don't use chakra at all... They use life force instead, something the Sharingan can't track.
    I think it's safe to say that even with Itachi's next new eye technique, Kabuto still has the upper hand.
    How did he mange to get the upper hand on Itachi if Itachi purposefully took the hit to save Sasuke (who should've been able to save himselfs)?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by smokasushibushi View Post
    Every week is not christmas. You can't expect the best toy under the tree Every Week. If you 'get' Naruto, you 'get' this chapter. Kishimoto has been pumping out incredible content for a long time. The war REALLY picked up steam as Kabuto summoned Madara and Kishi hasn't really taken the pedal off the floor until the last few issues. That doesn't mean 'this sucks'. Learn patience. See the long view. When you go back and read chapters that you dissed in the past, you learn they were necessary, often touching. Also, Kishi is secretly trying to teach all you punk-ass *****es something.
    So, WAKE-UP.
    Be grateful for such a great manga. See the birds and trees and flowers on your path to destruction. Breath a little. It'll be ok.
    Exactly right :worshippy:

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So you're saying if he hadn't had Edo Tensai, he would have saved his own life and let Sasuke die in his place? I somehow doubt that... The way I see it, if Itachi hadn't used Susano, he would have been fast enough and got away, but Sasuke would have been impaled. If he used Susano on himself, once again, Sasuke would have been killed. The way I see it, Itachi is lucky he had Edo to keep him alive, otherwise at least one of them would be dead.
    Let this fight be finished, many conclusions will change.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I dont get it, why was Sasuke's eye bleeding? Especially after obtaining EMS.
    Because all EMS does is remove the drawback to using MS (you can't go blind anymore). EMS isn't a power up that gives the user new abilities or makes the ones he already had, stronger. It just gives new life to the eyes of the MS user.

If Itachi didn't have Edo Tensei, then they wouldn't be fighting Kabuto in the first place. Itachi knows he's immortal as long as he's been summoned by Edo Tensei, and he's using that to his advantage by protecting Sasuke. Sasuke protected him with Amaterasu.

There's also something that has been made completely obvious at this point. Kabuto cannot unsummon Itachi anymore. The only thing he can do is seal him, or try to take control of him with a new talisman.

Last edited by squigles; 04-12-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Multitasking!

Well, a couple of people mentioned that the Edo Tensei made it safe for Itachi to die. This isn't true, not really. Clearly, when Itachi is incapacitated, Kabuto has a chance to overwrite the Genjutsu with his own seal. Itachi is playing a dangerous game with odds stacked against him. I'm surprised that he took such a major risk despite his paranoia. It goes to show that he trusts Sasuke to protect him in turn. What makes me more curious is that he didn't form the Susano'o around himself while using it's hand to protect Sasuke. I'm not sure there is any precedent for this kind of thing, but it seems within the realm of believability. Thoughts, anyone?

P.S.: This is a shameless plug for my old post! I have a large posts with a few theories/ideas that I'd love for people to support or take apart. I'd be much obliged and I would greatly appreciate it if someone takes a look and lets me know if anyone relates to my ideas.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How did he mange to get the upper hand on Itachi if Itachi purposefully took the hit to save Sasuke (who should've been able to save himselfs)?
    But Sasuke DIDN'T protect himself... Yes, he SHOULD have been able to protect himself with Susano, but he didn't. So, unless he was planning on standing by and letting Itachi save him from the beginning, it means he wasn't going to protect himself, either because he didn't have the reflexes or whatever. Kabuto managed to mortally wound one of the Uchiha brothers, and (theoretically) outspeed and daze Sasuke (again).
    At the very least, you've got to admit that Kabuto is way above Sasuke's level.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by squigles View Post
    Because all EMS does is remove the drawback to using MS (you can't go blind anymore). EMS isn't a power up that gives the user new abilities or makes the ones he already had, stronger. It just gives new life to the eyes of the MS user.
    But there wasn't any bleeding when he burnt zetsus

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

CHAPTER SUMMARY

Kabuto: I'm you like but you're not like me.

Itachi: You're not like me! I'm like you!

Kabuto: You're not like me at all...

*Another flashback*

1/5

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

very dissapointed in this chapter, i want to see izanami, not a flashback of orochimarus *****.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

But there wasn't any bleeding when he burnt zetsus
    If you go back and look at every single time he's ever used Amaterasu, there are times when it causes him to bleed, and times when it doesn't. I have no idea what the difference tends to be, but I do know that against the Zetsu clones, he was using Susanoo to cast and manipulate Amaterasu, while against Kabuto, he wasn't using Susanoo at all.

That could be the difference.

very dissapointed in this chapter, i want to see izanami, not a flashback of orochimarus *****.
    This isn't the Transformer's live action movie, or another one of Micheal Bay's shitty action movies. There's actual story and plot to be told in Naruto. If you can't handle that, then you don't have to read it?

Well, a couple of people mentioned that the Edo Tensei made it safe for Itachi to die. This isn't true, not really. Clearly, when Itachi is incapacitated, Kabuto has a chance to overwrite the Genjutsu with his own seal. Itachi is playing a dangerous game with odds stacked against him. I'm surprised that he took such a major risk despite his paranoia. It goes to show that he trusts Sasuke to protect him in turn. What makes me more curious is that he didn't form the Susano'o around himself while using it's hand to protect Sasuke. I'm not sure there is any precedent for this kind of thing, but it seems within the realm of believability. Thoughts, anyone?

P.S.: This is a shameless plug for my old post! I have a large posts with a few theories/ideas that I'd love for people to support or take apart. I'd be much obliged and I would greatly appreciate it if someone takes a look and lets me know if anyone relates to my ideas.
    I don't think that whether or not it's 'safe' for Itachi to die, is an important factor at all. In this case, I think they were both caught by surprise with that particular technique, and Itachi is basically trying to wait for the best opportunity to use Izanami, while still trying to protect his little Bro.

It's conceivable that he fully intended to get hit in order to draw Kabuto Closer, tricking him into thinking he had the upper hand for a moment. It could be part of Izanami. I can say for sure at this point, that if it were possible for Kabuto to unsummon Itachi using Edo Tensei, he would have done so already.

It's already been shown that he can summon each soul independently with Edo Tensei (he summoned Madara long after the fighting began with all the other Edos), so it only stands to reason that he could unsummon them all independently as well.

If that's the case, why would he even bother fighting against Itachi? At this point I'm sure he's realized that Itachi is going to be a major obstacle in his plans if he doesn't do something about him now.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    curious

Just because there not interesting for you doesn't mean there not interesting for all of us.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Multitasking!

Squigles, I do grant that you have a point with them being taken by surprise. I only pointed that out because Itachi is both clever and paranoid, something that leads to him planning very far ahead. Your idea about Itachi trying to draw Kabuto closer might be true, but somehow - call it a hunch - I feel that it was just surprise or some other problem.

You brought up an excellent point about un-summoning individuals. I'm not sure he can do that, since there is no data, but it does seem likely since he can summon individuals. Is it the Genjutsu? Is it Kabuto's desire for a challenge, to foolishly prove his superiority and might? Villains often do such stupid things when they could theoretically win. I don't know, but given the flashback, it seems plausible.

You mentioned the possibility of Izanami already being in effect. I theorize that the activation of the jutsu or the ending of the jutsu might be the cause for Itachi getting hurt. I base this on the fact that Itachi's right eye was closed (Is it from pain or due to losing a Sharingan to Izanami) right before he regenerated, sharingan included. It's impressive if he managed to save Sasuke under those conditions. This begs two questions:
    1. Was the Izanami in effect, based on the above? Is my observation at least accurate, even if my interpretation is wrong?
    2. Will the Sharingan regenerated by the Edo Tensei after the use of Izanami be of any use?
    3. Was Sasuke distracted for some really important reason? Why did Itachi tell him to stick close?
    4. Is it certain that one will lose eyesight after the Izanami? Do we have cold hard facts? If not, will there be another sacrifice or no sacrifice at all?

NarutoMinato raised a rather interesting point about the Amaterasu, one which I'd asked myself. I'm glad that you pointed out the use of the Susano'o squigles, because I hadn't realized the significance of it, even though the difference was clear in the examples I brought up. This brings up the following questions:
    1. While the EMS provably returns the eyesight of the person in question, does it really protect one from all MS techniques? Could the use of Amaterasu cause further damage to the EMS where the Susano'o doesn't?
    2. Are there other EMS techniques that cause bleeding or loss of vision?
    3. Why is the case of using Amaterasu through the susano'o (Blaze release Magatama and Amaterasu coated arrows) different?

I theorized earlier that the EMS might still cause blindness due to some techniques or pose another risk. (Most high level techniques in Kishi's world pose a risk and are not risk free, afaik.) Was it due to this that Madara sought out the power of Hashirama (life force and healing from the Mokuton to restore his eyes) and did he really gain a bit of Hashirama's power? Did that cause the evolution of the Rinnegan? I know that this theory is a bit wild, but it is possible to some extent. In any case, I'm curious.

Finally, I'd like to point out that Kabuto called himself closer to the Sage of the Six Path's than anyone else. This suggests to me that he might have made further body modifications. However, it could be because he gave life through the Muki Tensei. Thoughts everyone?

Once again, I hope you guys take a look and share your thoughts on all of the above!

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Gin-San View Post
    I swear... kids these days ~_~

The chapter was great, having knowledge of the antagonist's past is an excellent way to sympathize with him and understand his intentions. Expert manga writers and novelists usually do this in order to create a much more dramatic effect and make the story much more interesting. It of course was "talk no jutsu" and flashbacks, but these are important elements for the story. Kabuto's history is actually interesting, and I would like to know more about his past. The idea of becoming cynical and psychopath for no reason is not really appealing for the tastes.

People nowadays just want random actions and powers without even knowing why are they fighting or their intentions. Seriously, if you don't want a story with plot, then change to another manga, like bleach for example, which has a terrible plot line but good fights.

I find it more disappointing that people prefer action over plot, I'm feeling uneasy in what our future holds ~_~
    What do you mean "Kids these Days"

Please don't be condescending, because if the chapter was sooo great, then why was it rated only 3 stars?Our opinions are just as important as yours.For me, it's not the fact that it was "talk no jutsu" in that chapter, it's the fact that his flashback was basically a breif moment of "nothing". What was established?I was still left confused, and full of questions.I thought I was going to gain new knowledge about Kabuto, and I was left hanging.He made it clear in the previous chapter that he was a lonewolf that had no identity.Why are we going backwards?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Multitasking!

Dreckerplayer, I too was disappointed that we didn't find out more about Kabuto! Yes, Izanami would've been interesting too, but I only have myself to blame for going in with expectations. I'm not saying the chapter was shit, far from it, especially since we got some interesting clues.

Everyone, I wonder why Kabuto thinks of himself as close to the Sage of the Six Paths. Kabuto doesn't seem to be the kind of person to make empty claims, at least not without a reason. Plus, a claim of that sort has to be backed by substantial power. Otherwise, he'll once again lose his position of power in some sense, right? (To his own mind if nothing else)

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by ChakraSage; 04-13-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Grammar plus added griping.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I dunno why everybody is raggin on this chapter, (Izanami will come soon enough) I liked chibi-Kabuto. But something makes me think that he's gonna do something terrbile in that orphange. :S

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Multitasking!

ApplyPressure, what a chilling thought! It'll be interesting if he does end up doing something mean.

On a side note, I'd like to ask if there is a thread where real discussion takes place on this chapter. While people's opinion's are valuable and good to know, most of the thread seems to be taken over by complaints and condescending responses to those complaints. I've seen some posts by other users way back in this thread who raised some interesting points only for everything to devolve into noise and the interesting ideas to be ignored. The users seem to leave at that point as well. Please don't be offended guys, I'm new here, so maybe I'm just at the wrong place and I have the wrong perspective. Anyway, do let me know.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ChakraSage View Post
    ApplyPressure, what a chilling thought! It'll be interesting if he does end up doing something mean.

On a side note, I'd like to ask if there is a thread where real discussion takes place on this chapter. While people's opinion's are valuable and good to know, most of the thread seems to be taken over by complaints and condescending responses to those complaints. I've seen some posts by other users way back in this thread who raised some interesting points only for everything to devolve into noise and the interesting ideas to be ignored. The users seem to leave at that point as well. Please don't be offended guys, I'm new here, so maybe I'm just at the wrong place and I have the wrong perspective. Anyway, do let me know.
    ChakraSage I've wondered that too, but honestly probably not. The forum's open to anyone, so it turns out the good comes with the bad really.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Meeeeehhhhh... Though I'd like to know more about Kabuto, this chapter was *profoundly* anticlimactic imhmfo.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

the chapter sucks

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

after reading some posts i changed my mind, this chap is just good (it isnt very good or epic but it doesnt suck as i thought when i first read it) cause some plot no jutsu once in a while isnt that bad...anyway we all know that the next chapter is going to be epic