Re: Naruto Manga Chapter 582 Discussion and 583 Predictions
ApplyPressure, thanks for that honest assessment. I think that it is the reviews/ratings that cause it though. People come, post their thoughts on the chapter and leave. Lots of noise comes in that way and renders the discussion difficult. I have ideas on solving this that I put up in this thread. Maybe I can find another home for a discussion on a good discussion thread? Then I could launch a useful one and see if things can be worked out.
wonderer, thanks for reminding me about Anko! I hadn't forgotten her until just this chapter. Anyway, I'm curious about her because the seal holding her back/draining Orochimaru's chakra was gone the last time we saw her. I'm unsure if she'll wake up soon or help a lot though. I assume that she's very worn out/beat up, based on what we've seen. Given that, she might strike at a crucial moment. If she does, I only hope that she doesn't kill him prematurely. The most important question in that regard, if you ask me, is: Why was Kabuto collecting Orochimaru's vile chakra? It seems like both of them were after the power of nature and of the Sage of the Six Paths in some sense. I can't wait to find out!
I also have to thank you (wonderer) for bringing up the Zetsu spores. The abilitiy to copy techniques as well as chakra would make the white Zetsu's near invincible. We have seen no evidence of this ability to date. That doesn't mean that it can't happen. Still, I suspect some kind of major drawback to exist for it, even if it is possible. Usually, it would be limited to one-time use, but with the number of Zetsu clones, that doesn't even make sense. So here are my questions in that regard for everyone:
1. Can the Zetsu spores immediately copy a person after spawning a new zetsu? It seems possible since the chakra copy only needs touch, but we have no evidence.
2. Will the Zetsu spawned from spores immediately have all the information about Kabuto's plans that has been revealed or even just thought of by kabuto?
3. Will Zetsu warn Tobi or otherwise signal Tobi of Kabuto's plans if he finds a betrayal?
4. Will Tobi or black Zetsu track Kabuto down by the spores at some point, especially for suspected betrayal?
5. Will Zetsu (spawned from the spores) play any role in the battle against Kabuto at all? Will he fight with Kabuto or turn against him, especially since Kabuto is turning against the Akatsuki to some extent (growing too big for his boots)?
I'd like to point out that Black Zetsu was dying, but he was still lying on the ground and he has power over land. I wonder if he'll survive somehow, maybe even by going through the ground. Either way, I feel like we haven't seen the last of him and he'll be back to cause trouble.
Finally, I'd like to address a point brought up in Kuroi Honoo's prediction. I don't think Izanami needs to be prepared for long unless Itachi was bluffing in the previous chapter. Given how long Izanagi takes to prepare, I doubt it. Finally, Izanami might already be in effect, especially considering how Itachi's eye was closed just before he regenerated. Kabuto might have done himself in by his villain's instinct - the desire to talk! If it is not in effect, Itachi might have to prepare it again due to disintegration. I'd also like to add that being saved doesn't really downplay Sasuke's character. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion on it. Still, I think Sasuke's chakra is being conserved while Naruto's used up for some reason. I pray to the heaven's that Naruto survives his battles!