View Poll Results: Champions Leage's Final?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real Madrid vs Barcelona

3 17.65%
  • Bayern Munchen vs Barcelona

4 23.53%
  • Bayern Munchen vs Chelsea

5 29.41%
  • Real Madrid vs Chelsea

5 29.41%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Re: Road to Munich- Champions Leage

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    remember Liverpool in Istanbul 2005 ?
    yeah nothing is impossible
    my english mate has funny story with it, they left pub after end of first half to get this game away from theyr eyes and to get smashed..... only in the morning they realised who won :shrug:

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Remember Liverpool in Istanbul 2005?
    I remember it as the day when Italian Football were humbled and surrendered its throne of Best League in the World to English teams.

It was the start of their downfall (Italian betting scandal later on...) and the up-rise of English teams. An English domination which supposedly was ending this year by Spanish and Italians teams. So I laugh all the way - No Spanish or Italians in CL finals. Bravo Chelsea!

And next year, all English teams who suffered will be back with a vengeance. I guess - Spanish teams let their chances pass away...

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Im pulling for Germany. :3

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You were always weird but I
    never had to hold you by the
    edges like I do now-

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    I remember it as the day when Italian Football were humbled and surrendered its throne of Best League in the World to English teams.

It was the start of their downfall (Italian betting scandal later on...) and the up-rise of English teams. An English domination which supposedly was ending this year by Spanish and Italians teams. So I laugh all the way - No Spanish or Italians in CL finals. Bravo Chelsea!

And next year, all English teams who suffered will be back with a vengeance. I guess - Spanish teams let their chances pass away...
    Bless The Reds :worshippy:

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Yerrina View Post
    Bless The Reds :worshippy:
    Can't say since I'm a United fan. But I'm glad they did make History at Istanbul.

P.S: Istanbul comeback still pales from United's comeback in 1999 CL Final against Munich

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

true, but not long after that Italy claimed their 4Th world champion title, and in 2007 AC Milan schooled both MANU and Liverpool in the champions League

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

true, but not long after that Italy claimed their 4Th world champion title, and in 2007 AC Milan schooled both MANU and Liverpool in the champions League
    The World Cup victory didn't help them regain their lost glory; mainly thanks to Materrazzi's scum insult towards Zidane.

And in UEFA CL 2007, English teams remained the dominating league; though Milan ended up the winner.

In that year,

- All 4 English teams finished First in their Group Stages. (to be noted, Chelsea finished first ahead of Barcelona)
    - Manchester United gave one of the most Historical trashing to a CL Quarter-Final-level team (7-1 against AS Roma)
    - There were 3 English teams out of the 4 teams in CL Semi-Final stages.

That 2007 CL Campaign hold more positive notes for English teams in fact. It's a big feat to have 3 teams in Semi-Finals. It shows the strength of your league.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

The World Cup victory didn't help them regain their lost glory; mainly thanks to Materrazzi's scum insult towards Zidane.

And in UEFA CL 2007, English teams remained the dominating league; though Milan ended up the winner.

In that year,

- All 4 English teams finished First in their Group Stages. (to be noted, Chelsea finished first ahead of Barcelona)
    - Manchester United gave one of the most Historical trashing to a CL Quarter-Final-level team (7-1 against AS Roma)
    - There were 3 English teams out of the 4 teams in CL Semi-Final stages.

That 2007 CL Campaign hold more positive notes for English teams in fact. It's a big feat to have 3 teams in Semi-Finals. It shows the strength of your league.
    true, but with that world cup they prove that Italy is still one of the best national team in the world, and you can forget how they pawned Germany with fantastic play, and to make it even more badass all the player who play in WC 2006 is all from Italy club in serie A,

but then again Milan back then is clearly superior compared to MANU, oh i remember how Kaka scored that fantastic goal in old trafford,:izuna:

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

true, but with that world cup they prove that Italy is still one of the best national team in the world, and you can forget how they pawned Germany with fantastic play, and to make it even more badass all the player who play in WC 2006 is all from Italy club in serie A,

but then again Milan back then is clearly superior compared to MANU, oh i remember how Kaka scored that fantastic goal in old trafford,:izuna:
    Yeah but when the same Italy National team gets drowned in Euro 2008 and WC 2010, you start thinking if they really deserve that win. Especially, when penalty shootouts victory are often labelled as flukes. Not to forget, they got an easy team in Quarter final - Ukraine - while all other 3 semi-finalists fought against Big guns. Germany clearly seemed tired in their bout against Italy. Anyways, I still think France deserved it better that year.

Yeah, Milan AC was clearly the better them that year but league-wise, EPL remains the best since 2005. I do love EPL the most but stats also agree with me.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

Yeah but when the same Italy National team gets drowned in Euro 2008 and WC 2010, you start thinking if they really deserve that win. Especially, when penalty shootouts victory are often labelled as flukes. Not to forget, they got an easy team in Quarter final - Ukraine - while all other 3 semi-finalists fought against Big guns. Germany clearly seemed tired in their bout against Italy. Anyways, I still think France deserved it better that year.

Yeah, Milan AC was clearly the better them that year but league-wise, EPL remains the best since 2005. I do love EPL the most but stats also agree with me.
    in euro 2008 they lose against Spain in penalty shoot out, so its not a problem

and in WC2010 hmhm its not the same team you know, totti,nesta and del piero already retired from the national team,

and cannavaro its not in his top form they practically forced him to play and also pirlo is injured, if you think about it they regeneration in their team, that's what they did now, and they will rock in euro this year,

and no Germany is not tired at all, they play in their country and in the entire match they practically press Italy, but sadly Catenaccio by marcelo lippi is just too strong to get through even current barca can win against Italy team in 2006,

and yeah they deserve the WC in 2006, zidane get red card don't have any effect in France play at that time, the still dominate Italy till the extra time ended,

of course EPL is better than Serie A since 2006, but in the early 90's and early 2000 italian team is far superior than British team

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Continuing the discussion on the Debates thread since it was getting off-topic on this thread.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12