Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Modbanhammer! saraisthebest

New Members

Being a new person here doesn't mean that you can be called a "noob", that you can be pushed over by anyone and that you can't participate in any section of the forum.
    Also being a new member doesn't justify anyone to call you names nor to expect another kind of behavior from you/towards you.

Therefor, if someone does give you a hard time, don't call your friends to defend you, (cause this will cause only more flaming like the one i saw again here today and made me make this thread), but report it to a moderator/super moderator immediately and we will take care of it.

I have no idea who are the people who started the "noob wars" here, but i know that i don't like it and that from now on i will not let anyone make any new member uncomfortable cause they are new here.

Thank you.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    _ _ _ _ is the best!

Re: New Members

Agreed Rei ^^

New members should be welcomed nicely and treated with the same respect like everyone else...

They are people who have feelings too.

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Uchiha View Post
    Being a new person here doesn't mean that you can be called a "noob", that you can be pushed over by anyone and that you can't participate in any section of the forum.
    Also being a new member doesn't justify anyone to call you names nor to expect another kind of behavior from you/towards you.

Therefor, if someone does give you a hard time, don't call your friends to defend you, (cause this will cause only more flaming like the one i saw again here today and made me make this thread), but report it to a moderator/super moderator immediately and we will take care of it.

I have no idea who are the people who started the "noob wars" here, but i know that i don't like it and that from now on i will not let anyone make any new member uncomfortable cause they are new here.

Thank you.
    Um,rei,most of the people have been called noobs,but maybe till now nobody has fight. and to fight for a word like "noob"~newbie,they are mean,its not flaming,maybe it reminds them that they still dont have enough experience to think they are something special,as more of the noobs .

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Um,rei,most of the people have been called noobs,but maybe till now nobody has fight. and to fight for a word like "noob"~newbie,they are mean,its not flaming,maybe it reminds them that they still dont have enough experience to think they are something special,as more of the noobs .
    Um, Meh, the only person who is special in here is Versuvio, cause actually he is the reason this site exists.
    Not the moderators, not the seniors, not the senseis. We are all here just cause V lets us be here and that's just about all we can say about this matter.

I have no idea what you mean with the rest, i already said that i saw today one person insulting a new member and that's the reason i made this thread.
    I respect your disagreement, but this is an announcement and not a discussion thread.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Thank you for posting this. I remember when I was new here, people were so welcoming. Sometimes I see relatively new members calling out brand new members for the stupidest things and I think to myself, that this is not the forum I remember...

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei Uchiha View Post
    Um, Meh, the only person who is special in here is Versuvio, cause actually he is the reason this site exists.
    Not the moderators, not the seniors, not the senseis. We are all here just cause V lets us be here and that's just about all we can say about this matter.

I have no idea what you mean with the rest, i already said that i saw today one person insulting a new member and that's the reason i made this thread.
    I respect your disagreement, but this is an announcement and not a discussion thread.
    I agree that versuvio is the special one,but its just that big part of the members that are in the RP makes not only the noobs but some old members too feel uncomfortable on the forums,and some times that are the mods.
    You may think thats not true but theres a lot of people that would confirm that

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    _ _ _ _ is the best!

the word 'noob' (most of the time) is used as an insult to new members. It's disrespectful and makes a user feel uncomfortable.

I agree that versuvio is the special one,but its just that big part of the members that are in the RP makes not only the noobs but some old members too feel uncomfortable on the forums,and some times that are the mods.
    Rei said this isn't a discussion thread... :S

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

I get your point and i assure you that everyone here is doing their best, but i don't want to read the word "noob" again, especially in this same thread where i said that I don't like it. It is insulting and i have received many complains and reports by new people who actually really get offended by this word.

I already knew that my thread would not be liked be the senior members here who like to think they are special people and they like to think that they have more rights than the new people. Well, you know what? Nope, that's not happening. No one here is special other than V. And if you go and check the RP sections you will see new people rping and not seniors.
    And we are lucky we have in here members like Hellsbadass, Rin Hatake, Ragnaroc and few more who actually help new people and interact with them in Konoha Town.
    Now please, if you want to continue this discussion VM me and let's both don't post here anymore about this.
    Thank you though, for openly speaking your mind

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawliet View Post
    the word 'noob' (most of the time) is used as an insult to new members. It's disrespectful and makes a user feel uncomfortable.

Rei said this isn't a discussion thread... :S
    They are not only ones that are discriminated, they have to get used with it.
    Not every single new member has been called "noob",only the ones that get in the way of senior members,

I dont discuss it,I disagree with it,if noobs think they are insulted could just report,

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    _ _ _ _ is the best!

Not every single new member has been called "noob",only the ones that get in the way of senior members,

I dont discuss it,I disagree with it,if noobs think they are insulted could just report,
    Read Rei's post : (#8)

i have nothing more to say to you.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

yes every single member here has been called that, me included.
    and wth with "get in the way of seniors members"? how do you think owns and runs this site? the senior members? I don't believe i just read that...

Any further post of yours in here, will get deleted immediately, i have already been far too kind with you and asked you twice to stop posting.

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I guess few newbies still didn't know that they can complain about being called noobs and as you stated not all "senior members" are mean towards newbies

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

This wasn't a discussion thread, this wasn't a way to defend yourselves, nor a way to express your opinions about it.
    I haven't threatened anyone with infractions, i haven't said I was gonna make that a rule. I informed the new people in here, that they can and they should report it, when something offends them. But clearly my point is not taken.

~Closed.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninja Fool Learn It!

I have to agree with you 100% on this honey, I am sick and tired of coming on here either everyday or every other day and seeing members flaming, bashing, and giving new members the cold shoulder. When I first got here nearly a year ago all I saw were members being friendly to one another but shortly as time went by and months went by all I saw were the members that got a friendly welcome and wasn't bashed on turn around and bash and flam the new members.

This is a global forums, yes I understand that many of us come from different locations of this big blue ball we live on but still that is no reason what so ever to bash and flam new members just because they are new.

Last edited by Zanji; 04-04-2009 at 01:14 PM.