232 38.41%
Page 10 of 15 « First ... 67891011121314 ... Last»
    Academy Student
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Manga Chapter 587 Discussions and 588 Predictions

Only one of two things can happen here. Either Kabuto escapes the jutsu and we'll just see what happens after that, or Itachi stops the Edo Tensei and only Toby will be left to fight.

Scavenger of humans sorrow phantomlord22's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big words, small mind Behind
    the pain you will find A
    scavenger of human sorrow

this chapter is awesome
    I' wondering why people are complaining about this chapter???
    you all were waiting to find what exactly izanami is!!! you were crying for couple of weeks and the time you just find out you complain about something else...
    this is just a chapter... but it looks like it's the first time you read one!!!
    I mean come on, some chapters have flash back some got the fight some explanation and so on...

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chilling

so i missed out on kakashi's rampage for this sigh i love itachi and thanks for explaining the jutsu but damn those pages could have been spent on something better. All i pray is that the edo madara is not undone and i'm ok with whatever happens.

Academy Student YondaimesLegacy's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by animemomontherun View Post
    Great chapter but the title was very subtle if you hadn't read the previous chapters (I think that's something called "plot"...). Understanding Kabuto is key to understanding how the jutsu works. Interestingly enough, Itachi has been speaking in a more upfront and understandable manner, which I think is very important.

Sasuke also is coming out of his "edo tensei," so to speak. As many younger siblings do, they idolize and worship their elder siblings and mistakenly think they are "perfection," when, in fact, they are human beings capable of failure. Itachi's acknowledgment of himself in the light of truth, I think, is what is going to bring Sasuke back to reality, if it hasn't already. Itachi has had a lot to say to Sasuke in merely demonstrating this jutsu and explaining the "hows and whys." He has been, very skillfully, been applying these concepts to himself and his life and showing Sasuke that there are other options; other choices to make. Itachi also explained some of his failures - including dismissing Sasuke as a mere younger brother who needed to be protected from harm/the shinobi "system." He also said something key: he didn't trust Sasuke's strength and abilities. Itachi may have loved Sasuke but to not trust the abilities of your younger sibling or someone close to you is, as was being pointed out in this chapter, arrogance. Perhaps Sasuke may think back to how HE had not acknowledged the abilities of others closest to him - ESPECIALLY Naruto.

Then there's Kabuto. His admission of wanting acknowledgment is repeating a theme that has been a hallmark to this manga. The innate desire of everyone to be acknowledged for something is now front and center yet again. But the ones who have openly expressed this desire...? Hmmm: Yondaime Hokage, his son (Naruto), Kabuto, Sasuke...the list goes on. However, it is how they chose to fight for that acknowledgment that makes things very intriguing. Kabuto and Sasuke were "lost" and had no clue as to who they truly were and saw themselves through the identities of others. Yondaime Hokage and his son, Naruto, had very clear understandings of themselves and their abilities - even if others doubted them. However, they did not rely on obtaining the identity of another to define who they were. They were "actions speak louder" types, which is the message that Kishi wants to send - through Itachi's words and his actions in his "undead" state. Unfortunately for all of us, that means Itachi's time in this manga is almost done as once he releases the edo tensei...yeah, better get your kleenex out.

I'm anxious to see what Sasuke does once the edo tensei is released...
    Wow...I am speechless. You sur, I'd high five you, yet the Internet remains imperfect. I've, for sometime now, been desperately anticipating to hear someone mention kishi's great message. He is painting such a great story with all his characters and im glad to see he's taking his time and expanding on issues many would rather skip. To me, it's honoring us and himself. Giving us the bet he can give.

Jiraiya's search for the end of pain....

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

There are some things about Itachi's and Madara's Edo Tensei that I'm unsure about.

First Itachi...Right now he is under a very strong jutsu-the Kotoamatsukami,which was able to break Kabuto's control.Now we've seen emotion break the Edo Tensei against the user's will.Shouldn't we use reverse logic that a person revived by Edo Tensei could stay "alive" against the user's will if there is an emotion strong enough to keep the soul in the world of living.Since the crow's kotoamatsukami gave Itachi an order that was the idea of his lifetime it should create an emotion strong enough to break the bond between the jutsu user and the soul.So the question is : Will Itachi stay "alive" after the end of Edo Tensei?

Second comes Madara.When he was summoned to the battlefield it was Mu who summoned him.He didn't say "Edo Tensei" ,but "Kuchiyose No Jutsu!".Edo Tensei is a type of Kuchiyose so it is possible that the performer of the Edo Tensei was Mu.Now if it was Mu what would happen when Edo Tensei ends?Mu will disappear.But he won't "die" he is actually dead.Will that be the way to keep Madara on the table or will that bring the end of all Edo Tensei? Or did Mu only bring the coffin to the battlefield and it was Kabuto who performed the Edo Tensei.If so did Kabuto do something about Madara's Edo Tensei,along with giving him Hashirama's DNA that would make it impossible to end the jutsu even by the caster? Or will Madara on his own be able to somehow break free from the justu? He IS one mighty shinobi.He has a huge amount of chakra,EMS,Rinnegan and alot of knowledge and understanding of jutsu.

Lets hear some predictions.

Not a fanboy.No flaming please.

Last edited by Hyakushiki; 05-23-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This was a great chapter!!!

I can relate to both Itachi and Kabuto... You can't depend on being someone else to obtain strength. Just be your self and accept your destiny!

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You idiots MUU DIDN'T SUMMON MADARA!!! HE WAS FORCED TO UNDER KABUTO'S CONTROL!!! ILLITERATE ASS F****!!

Last edited by Ravone91; 05-23-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You are one smart man,aren't you now?

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i can only see the next chapter pausing the end edo tensei scene and going to most likely the fight between the kages and madara. theres no way the edo tensei are going anywhere yet. if the scene does not change then either kabuto will break free and stop them from cancelling it or some other bs will happen.

but i think the scene will change to a different fight.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by hyakushiki View Post
    you are one smart man,aren't you now?
    very smart indeed!!!

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: So I was right about Izanami?

Quote Originally Posted by SM96UK View Post

So my prediction I made here was right lol

Although his destiny is rather to become like himself

http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=188875

anyway

i think it's obvious kabuto's gonna meet up with his friend from the orphanage
    hah nice !!! prediction

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm not sure if everyone is forgetting but Madara knows how to resurrect himself as stated in chapter 587.

Even without the Edo he can still live on if he wishes..

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I waited all week just to get the jerk one star from me. No excitement just explanation of izami jutsu when is this plot gonna end!? I don't think DbZ had this much filler.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by YondaimesLegacy View Post
    Wow...I am speechless. You sur, I'd high five you, yet the Internet remains imperfect. I've, for sometime now, been desperately anticipating to hear someone mention kishi's great message. He is painting such a great story with all his characters and im glad to see he's taking his time and expanding on issues many would rather skip. To me, it's honoring us and himself. Giving us the bet he can give.

Jiraiya's search for the end of pain....
    I am double speechless! I was trying to come up with a reply to animemomontherun's post but you beat me to the punch. Thank goodness because I don't think my response would have been as good.

Excellent analysis by both of you. Wholeheartedly agree. It's nice to see appreciation for this chapter and Kishi's work.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought it was pretty cool on how it all works...its both a simple but interesting way that Izanami works and the relationship between Izanami and Izanagi (at least I thought so).

Buuuuuuut we all can guess what's going to happen in the next chapter; Kabuto probably breaking free of it blah, blah, blah...I hope this gets more exciting. :shrug:

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mig J.J. Quiksilver~ View Post
    hate it, all this waiting and all we get is this? he explained Izanami, fine, that's good, but is that all? really? talk about Izanami and Itachi saying he isn't perfect? Kabuto will escape next week, oh well

just 1 star from me

+ anyone else noticed those guys have KONOHA headbands and not SHINOBI headbands?
    Sasuke and Itachi aren't part of the Shinobi Alliance that's why they don't have "Shinobi" headbands

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Josephus View Post
    Since a few of us have said this (bold), I thought I'd clarify that it seems like Itachi pulled a "Kakashi" and copied the move Kabuto was just about to use. (Although I guess who could have already known the move as well, but I think the way Kishi drew it as well as Kabuto's reaction point towards copying)

Still cool though.
    no dude, that suiton move didn't happen in the real world. it happen inside izanami, and we all know anything can happen inside a genjutsu.

so...no. technically, itachi doesn't have that move in his arsenal.

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Izanagi?

Quote Originally Posted by gotacigo View Post
    we cannot be sure about the truth...

we havent seen a pure uchiha using izanagi... just those, who arent uchihas originally... so we have to wait to see, what comes...
    It can be safely assumed that one of the two is wrong about izanagi.....we just dont know who it is.....

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am awesome deal with it!

very nice chapter now i get wtf was going on in the last one 4/5 for me

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin

I actually think this chapter was better than previous weeks, but still very little progression overall. Each week we get one little chunk revealed and have to wait a whole nother weak to get the next small part.

And Kishi's whole Izanami/ Izanagi explanation... well.... I think it was actually far too confusing and didn't make sense in all respects. Especially considering Kishi left out requiring senju DNA (at least for Izanagi)... its confusing and splitting everyone. NB seems more split than ever now....

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Average Chapter

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

this chapter was better than last week, but i was still expecting more. we got a few answers, but not nearly enough
    4/5 still

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

what if he beat him straight.or stays evil and doesnt release the edo tensei?

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Ain't Dead.

Sasuke is going to kill Kabuto before edo can be released, to keep Itachi around (who will not be able to counter Sasuke now that he has lost one Sharingan).

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

So basically all the chapter consisted of was diagrams of Izanami, explanations and judgement on Itachi's character. It could have all been condensed but just a filler chapter it seems. Kabuto may actually be turned good through Izanami, but who knows what will happen once Itachi starts to break Edo Tensei.

Personally I think that there will be some twist to this. Idk, just wouldnt seem all to great to just halt the Edo Madara fight altogether as soon as his 25 Mokuton were about to whallop the Kages. Maybe the rest of the Edos will be broken, but Kabuto did mention that his jutsu was special probably hinting towards a twist for Edo Madara.

2/5 for me.