View Poll Results: a

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Lord Of The Rings

    27 81.82%
  • A Song of Ice and Fire

    6 18.18%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    Valar Morghulis!! Rand al'Thor's Avatar
    Status
    Rand al'Thor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Name's on the back!!!!
    MAZINO!!
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngylle View Post
    well not every one have read, song of ice and fire but since lord of the ring is a movie, most people watched it.

    But song of ice and fire, the sense of no right and wrong makes it more brilliant and unpredictiable, also it was the best character development you can find in any serie.
    if u loved A song of ice and fire and LOTR..then read malazan book of the fallen..its a 10 books long epic in every way and of course the wheels of time..a 14 book long marathon..
     
         

  2. #27
    Senior Member Ngylle's Avatar
    Status
    Ngylle is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Rand al'Thor View Post
    if u loved A song of ice and fire and LOTR..then read malazan book of the fallen..its a 10 books long epic in every way and of course the wheels of time..a 14 book long marathon..
    i have heard about the wheels of time, what is it about? the tittle sounds interesting, time travels and stuff like that?

    crossfinger i hope i dont have to see another Mr hero screw everyone and plot save him all the time. x
     
         

  3. #28
    Valar Morghulis!! Rand al'Thor's Avatar
    Status
    Rand al'Thor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Name's on the back!!!!
    MAZINO!!
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    nah..nothing like that.wheels of time is epic...story is that the at the beginning of time the creator made this world and put the dark one in an eternal prsion..he made a wheel which uses the pattern of life of people and each turn brings a new age..but humans by misake drilled hole in it and made the dark one partially free..and the world got in danger..recognizing the danger the pattern weaved a person who beacme the champion of light and who fights against the dark.he managed to put the seals in dark one priosn sealin him but after many years the seals begin to weaken again.netc etco travelling and stuff..check in the wikipedia...and trust me u will love the hero...he starts from being a simple gentle farmboy to a ruthless cold manipulative bastard..no plots save him...word of warning...it tends to drag sometime
     
         

  4. #29
    Senior Member Ngylle's Avatar
    Status
    Ngylle is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    ah..nothing like that.wheels of time is epic...story is that the at the beginning of time the creator made this world and put the dark one in an eternal prsion..he made a wheel which uses the pattern of life of people and each turn brings a new age..but humans by misake drilled hole in it and made the dark one partially free..and the world got in danger..recognizing the danger the pattern weaved a person who beacme the champion of light and who fights against the dark.he managed to put the seals in dark one priosn sealin him but after many years the seals begin to weaken again.netc etco travelling and stuff..check in the wikipedia...and trust me u will love the hero...he starts from being a simple gentle farmboy to a ruthless cold manipulative bastard..no plots save him...word of warning...it tends to drag sometime
    Hmm i dont even know what to say.

    Seal broken.
    the dark lord free to doom the world
    the end of times.
    the hero who will sabe the day, the champion the destined child.
    Hmm....

    maybe in the future but for now i am not interesting in those stuff, i have seen stuff like that many times. thats why i dropped naruto. the hero bullshit got into my nerves.
     
         

  5. #30
    逆説 Gyakusetsu's Avatar
    Status
    Gyakusetsu is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The spaces between the places.
    Posts
    2,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Ngylle View Post
    well not every one have read, song of ice and fire but since lord of the ring is a movie, most people watched it.

    But song of ice and fire, the sense of no right and wrong makes it more brilliant and unpredictiable, also it was the best character development you can find in any serie.
    Actually, at first glance LOTR may seem to have very basic good and evil themes but there is a lot of subtlety hidden within. Theoden and Denethor are very conscious that they are employing the same methods of violence that Sauron is using, and intentionally keep Merry and Pippin close by to remind them that while they are employing the same methods of the enemy, there are elements of innocence (the Shire, Hobbits) that would be destroyed unless they act. In the same sense that Elrond, Gandalf, Galadriel and Aragorn ask incorruptible Frodo to bear the burden of the ring, Theoden and Denethor keep the other Hobbits and their innocence close at hand to keep their own corruption at bay. I don't think that Jackson did a good job of conveying this in the movies, but it is definetly there in the books. Also, the Ents reluctance to become involved, and the Elves decision not to be too greatly involved parallels real life events at that time. Each race of Middle Earth weighs the consequence of a decision to be involved and decides their own levels of participation. You have to consider when the books were being written (WWII timeframe), Tolkien intentionally put in parallels with current events in his writing, as different nations had to decide their levels of involvement at that time.

    Incestuous relationships (yawn, Le Mort D'Arthur) and egocentric "chosen one" themes have been done before. One could argue we are reading a "chosen one" story now with Naruto, but I think folks are in for a shock before we are done, and I hope Kishimoto is brave enough to risk pissing off some of his fanbase in this Sidhartha like tale.
     
         
    Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 07-01-2012 at 07:26 PM.

  6. #31
    The Light of Dawn Sominus's Avatar
    Status
    Sominus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The holy Tirol in Austria
    Posts
    4,029
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Actually, at first glance LOTR may seem to have very basic good and evil themes but there is a lot of subtlety hidden within. Theoden and Denethor are very conscious that they are employing the same methods of violence that Sauron is using, and intentionally keep Merry and Pippin close by to remind them that while they are employing the same methods of the enemy, there are elements of innocence (the Shire, Hobbits) that would be destroyed unless they act. In the same sense that Elrond, Gandalf, Galadriel and Aragorn ask incorruptible Frodo to bear the burden of the ring, Theoden and Denethor keep the other Hobbits and their innocence close at hand to keep their own corruption at bay. I don't think that Jackson did a good job of conveying this in the movies, but it is definetly there in the books. Also, the Ents reluctance to become involved, and the Elves decision not to be too greatly involved parallels real life events at that time. Each race of Middle Earth weighs the consequence of a decision to be involved and decides their own levels of participation. You have to consider when the books were being written (WWII timeframe), Tolkien intentionally put in parallels with current events in his writing, as different nations had to decide their levels of involvement at that time.

    Incestuous relationships (yawn, Le Mort D'Arthur) and egocentric "chosen one" themes have been done before. One could argue we are reading a "chosen one" story now with Naruto, but I think folks are in for a shock before we are done, and I hope Kishimoto is brave enough to risk pissing off some of his fanbase in this Sidhartha like tale.
    *Agreed*
    And really if people think the LotR-universe is just about the good side wining over the bad side they never read The Silmarillion or The Lay of the Children of Húrin I guess.
     
         

  7. #32
    逆説 Gyakusetsu's Avatar
    Status
    Gyakusetsu is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The spaces between the places.
    Posts
    2,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Sominus View Post
    *Agreed*
    And really if people think the LotR-universe is just about the good side wining over the bad side they never read The Silmarillion or The Lay of the Children of Húrin I guess.
    I had completely spaced on Turin and Niniel:sy:, thanks for reminding me. Tolkien must have been channeling some Mallory while writing that tale.

    So folks, if incest is your "criteria":sy: for an adult classic fantasy novel, you can add Tolkien to your list because he has it as well.
     
         
    Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 07-03-2012 at 03:51 AM.

  8. #33
    Maderator's Avatar
    Status
    Maderator is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    2,882
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awake O.O
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    Both great, but i still recon lord of the rings
     
         

  9. #34
    d. eviant Third Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Third Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Croatian Empire
    Posts
    2,023
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lucid.
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    Both of the series are epic and I've read all the LotR and all the ASoIaF books. I can't really say which one of them is better but one thing stands for sure, they are holding the batten damn high.
     
         

  10. #35
    Eternal Mangekyou Uchiha7Sasuke's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha7Sasuke is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    i vote for lotr
     
         

  11. #36
    LonelyAssassin's Avatar
    Status
    LonelyAssassin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Litter Box
    Posts
    26,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring Back AUTOPLAY!
     



    Re: The Lord Of The Rings VS A Song of Ice and Fire

    Lord of the rings all the way forever and ever, nothing will beat it for me. I can tell the future
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •