Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Legend of Korra - Episode 10: Turning the Tides

Quote Originally Posted by aperson View Post
    It was a good episode like always. Tenzin's kids are able to handle more equalist than then the people from white lotus .
    She lost her powers
    General Iroh is definitely Zuko's son.
    Yeah, he had Zuko's voice... lol

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Shipping is really really bugging me :/ Aside from that it was hell of an episode :]
    Feels weird hearing Zuko's voice.
    Poor Lin :[

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    *Amat Victoria Curam*

Epic when Tenzen children began to bend. Especially Milo . Kids guna be an awesome bender. i hate the fact that Amon took Lins bending away
    Hopefully Korra learns how to give people that lost their bending their bending back.
    As for that last scene.... FTW! Next 1 hour finale is going to be badass...
    Hopefully we learn about what happened to Zuko's mom before the series ends. i heard theres going to be and episode where it discusses what happened called "Skeletons in the Closet"
    Great episode perfect warm up for the season finale

Senior Comedian Member -The Agent-'s Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by -Haku Yuki- View Post
    heart breaking episode had me on the edge of my seat teh entire time, tenzin and his kids were epic, and lin gave her bending away to save the guy who dumped her and his family what a hero lin why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! korra better kick amons ass next episode with avatar state.

anyone think it miught be possable for korra to learn energy bending from aangs spirt and use it to take away amons energy bedning? or even give bending back to those that lost it ( and deserve it back unlike trarlock he deserved it)
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Amon is from the era before the avatar that's probably why he knows how to take bending away. I do think Korra will learn that from Aang's spirit. What it's looking like is, the only way to actually defeat Amon is for Korra to hit the avatar state, and fight Amon with that strength.

Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash

Dam Lin lost her bendin

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is the Crutch, his works
    are perfect, and all his ways
    are just.

General ****in' Iroh 2nd Coming.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

, it had been already confirmed for a while that someone related to Zuko would appear, but having the same VA as Zuko

Originally it was confirmed that Zuko had a daughter so or Iroh is her son and thus Zuko's grandson or Zuko got very late in his life a second child as he's clearly younger than Tenzin.

NOOOOOOOO LIN however that brings me to my 2nd based-on-nothing theory (first one being the Avatar V.2 which I posted last week), namely that Amon doesn't take bending away as in he really removes something from their body (like taking away an organ), but more that he "plugs" it.

In the original series, when Aang was unlocking his chakras, it was shown that there are two 'chakras' on the head: on the forehead and on the crown of the head. Maybe somehow Amon just plugged the one on the forehead, making it impossible to bend so they could potentially be unplugged as Aang, due to locking the chakra on the crown, could not go anymore into the Avatar State unless it got opened again, so maybe the one on the forehead is responsible for bending? Which could be backed up by the fact that Aang also removed Ozai's and Yakone's bending from their forehead, however Amon not being the avatar can't strip them, only block them (and thus I'm contradicting my own Avatar V.2 theory ).

I had this idea for a while, but now that Lin lost her bending the idea that it's possible to get your bending back increases.

Just some random idea which seems nice >.>

i pledge to a flag so grey MellowHype's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    MellowHype wa ichiban
    subarashi desu

Quote Originally Posted by Crème Brûlée View Post
    , it had been already confirmed for a while that someone related to Zuko would appear, but having the same VA as Zuko

Originally it was confirmed that Zuko had a daughter so or Iroh is her son and thus Zuko's grandson or Zuko got very late in his life a second child as he's clearly younger than Tenzin.

NOOOOOOOO LIN however that brings me to my 2nd based-on-nothing theory (first one being the Avatar V.2 which I posted last week), namely that Amon doesn't take bending away as in he really removes something from their body (like taking away an organ), but more that he "plugs" it.

In the original series, when Aang was unlocking his chakras, it was shown that there are two 'chakras' on the head: on the forehead and on the crown of the head. Maybe somehow Amon just plugged the one on the forehead, making it impossible to bend so they could potentially be unplugged as Aang, due to locking the chakra on the crown, could not go anymore into the Avatar State unless it got opened again, so maybe the one on the forehead is responsible for bending? Which could be backed up by the fact that Aang also removed Ozai's and Yakone's bending from their forehead, however Amon not being the avatar can't strip them, only block them (and thus I'm contradicting my own Avatar V.2 theory ).

I had this idea for a while, but now that Lin lost her bending the idea that it's possible to get your bending back increases.

Just some random idea which seems nice >.>

I believe he doesn't really take away their bending, he just locks their chakra/potential. Basically, an advanced form of Chi-Blocking and someone really spiritual has to guide one through the steps of unlocking it like that old Guru Aang found. It'd be amazing if he were to live another 70 years..

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    of marshmallows.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowHype View Post
    I believe he doesn't really take away their bending, he just locks their chakra/potential. Basically, an advanced form of Chi-Blocking and someone really spiritual has to guide one through the steps of unlocking it like that old Guru Aang found. It'd be amazing if he were to live another 70 years..
    That's what I just said ~_~ also I sincerely doubt that that Guru was the only person ever in history to be able to know about unlocking the chakras. Also that Guru was already like 150 years old when he taught Aang, he would be really one though cookie if he would be still alive.

Well it seems now the Mako-Asami-Korra triangle just got solved with the coming of Iroh

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Good episode ^___^ General Iroh is about to go off

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    of marshmallows.

Just found this picture on Avatar wikia. For the people who didn't know it yet, the middle guy is Bumi, Aang's 2nd child, oldest son and the only non-bender of his three children. So it seems that he worked, or is working, for the United Forces.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Just found this picture on Avatar wikia. For the people who didn't know it yet, the middle guy is Bumi, Aang's 2nd child, oldest son and the only non-bender of his three children. So it seems that he worked, or is working, for the United Forces.
    i see the same collor on bumi and iroh but zukos doesn't really matter in taht one because if zuko was member of united forces that pic would be before it happened bumi must have something to do with the fire nation or its a drawing mistake/cwinsidence

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said what what in the butt.

First of all, the United Forces did not exist at that time because the world was still split into nations, so that thing does not belong to the United Forces.

Secondly, I don't recall ever seeing Bumi. So where did that picture come from? Excluding Bumi, it is possible that thing on their neck is a symbol of a royal family, or should I say being a close relative of the Fire Lord.

Of course, it could be a coincidence and we're just wasting our energy here.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Quote Originally Posted by Makz View Post
    First of all, the United Forces did not exist at that time because the world was still split into nations, so that thing does not belong to the United Forces.

Secondly, I don't recall ever seeing Bumi. So where did that picture come from? Excluding Bumi, it is possible that thing on their neck is a symbol of a royal family, or should I say being a close relative of the Fire Lord.

the pic was released on the republic city game along with a family tree fpr team avatar ( wouldn't have killed em to give us a pic of tophs husband >.>)

Last edited by -Haku Yuki-; 06-16-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

the pic was released on the republic city game along with a family tree fpr team avatar ( wouldn't have killed em to give us a pic of tophs husband >.>)

:rofl:

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Quote Originally Posted by ~Korra~ View Post
    :rofl:

in such times only sokka can cheer us up

Last edited by -Haku Yuki-; 06-17-2012 at 12:49 AM.

completely whelmed ANBU Kakashi23's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

can we get a moment of silence for the most ba person in the show to date?

lin beifong your epicness will be cherished by fans for ever and ever in the catacombs of animation history -pours out some liquor-

and finally someone from the blood line of zuko is going to show up and show mako what real fire bending is wease:, the season finale will be glorious

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

i pledge to a flag so grey MellowHype's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    MellowHype wa ichiban
    subarashi desu

Close relative/royal family? That proves my "Zuko's-Daughter-Married-Bumi-Thus-Making-Team-Avatard-Related-" theory was correct!

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Phenomenal, simply phenomenal. Tenzin shows us what an airbending master can truly do. We also see that the new gang has grown strong enough to now be capable of taking on Equalist and the platinum mechs. Lin was amazing this episode. Between her choosing to sacrifice herself to protect Tenzin's family and defiantly standing up to Amon about Korra, I have to say she's really grown on me. She has really changed from when we first met her. And that final picture of Republic City burning and destroyed was dramatic. Glad that Zuko's son/grandson is on the way to help fight.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    of marshmallows.

i see the same collor on bumi and iroh but zukos doesn't really matter in taht one because if zuko was member of united forces that pic would be before it happened bumi must have something to do with the fire nation or its a drawing mistake/cwinsidence

It's the 2nd time in a row that people get the complete opposite picture of what I just said. I never claimed that Zuko was back then part of the United Forces, you just turned the causality I was referring upside down, it's the exact opposite I was saying. It doesn't mean necessarily it has something to do with the United Forces, but you can't say either that it doesn't for certain.

Zuko and Iroh are Fire Nation royalty, so it could be explained that it's just at most a fashion statement, but then why would Bumi be running around in it (I seriously doubt it was a mistake in that drawing)? Everyone must have noticed by now the symbolism in the cloths of the people, even in Repbulic City people from the Water Tribes wear blue, Earth Kingdom green, Air Nomad orange and Fire Nation red. Bumi's parents were a water and air bender, so why would he be running around in a fire nation getup? Always possible, but we also know that Zuko tried his entire life to restore the world again and that he had a strong influence on the United Republic of Nations, and thus also on the United Forces (hence is probably the reason as why Iroh is now general).

So saying that the original fire nation fashion made its way as an officers uniform isn't really a far-fetched idea, especially considering such armies are normally not going to have mixed uniforms, which is also backed up by that the metalbending corps consists of people originating from different backgrounds, but wear a common uniform.

On top of that his brother is in the council of Republic City, his uncle was once also in that council and his father was the Avatar. So there would be indeed a very reasonable chance that Bumi started a career in the United Forces and would explain that he is wearing a uniform that originates from the Fire Nation if he would have gotten a high rank in it.

Of course this is nothing more than a possibility, another idea is that Bumi just married Zuko's daughter -as we know he had one- and became Fire Nation royalty. But come one be serious, how is it possible that you people start talking about Zuko being part of the United Forces at that point in his life =/

It could all be fluke to, but as I said I sincerely doubt that's the case.

Last edited by Caliburn; 06-17-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise helix!
    ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It's the 2nd time in a row that people get the complete opposite picture of what I just said. I never claimed that Zuko was back then part of the United Forces, you just turned the causality I was referring upside down, it's the exact opposite I was saying. It doesn't mean necessarily it has something to do with the United Forces, but you can't say either that it doesn't for certain.

Zuko and Iroh are Fire Nation royalty, so it could be explained that it's just at most a fashion statement, but then why would Bumi be running around in it (I seriously doubt it was a mistake in that drawing)? Everyone must have noticed by now the symbolism in the cloths of the people, even in Repbulic City people from the Water Tribes wear blue, Earth Kingdom green, Air Nomad orange and Fire Nation red. Bumi's parents were a water and air bender, so why would he be running around in a fire nation getup? Always possible, but we also know that Zuko tried his entire life to restore the world again and that he had a strong influence on the United Republic of Nations, and thus also on the United Forces (hence is probably the reason as why Iroh is now general).

So saying that the original fire nation fashion made its way as an officers uniform isn't really a far-fetched idea, especially considering such armies are normally not going to have mixed uniforms, which is also backed up by that the metalbending corps consists of people originating from different backgrounds, but wear a common uniform.

On top of that his brother is in the council of Republic City, his uncle was once also in that council and his father was the Avatar. So there would be indeed a very reasonable chance that Bumi started a career in the United Forces and would explain that he is wearing a uniform that originates from the Fire Nation if he would have gotten a high rank in it.

Of course this is nothing more than a possibility, another idea is that Bumi just married Zuko's daughter -as we know he had one- and became Fire Nation royalty. But come one be serious, how is it possible that you people start talking about Zuko being part of the United Forces at that point in his life =/

It could all be fluke to, but as I said I sincerely doubt that's the case.
    that and once again could be incest. aang is spirtually related to zuko though roku thsu aang and his desencts are also related to zuko spiritually zuko is related to aangs past life zukos daughter is teh great gran duagter of roku ( and by some extend aang) and bumi is related to aang ( son) and thus is the son of the previous avatar ( roku) to some extend aswell making all of aangs family related to zuko/azula and all of their desendents

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    of marshmallows.

that and once again could be incest. aang is spirtually related to zuko though roku thsu aang and his desencts are also related to zuko spiritually zuko is related to aangs past life zukos daughter is teh great gran duagter of roku ( and by some extend aang) and bumi is related to aang ( son) and thus is the son of the previous avatar ( roku) to some extend aswell making all of aangs family related to zuko/azula and all of their desendents
    Did you now seriously say incest? Incest, Seriously O_o

Bumi is physically related to Zuko as much as he's related to the Cabbage Merchant. As you said it's SPIRITUALLY, nothing else. Spiritual means by its very definition IN SPIRIT. Physically they have zero connection whatsoever and incest is purely physical. Guru Pathick was also a 'spiritual brother' of the Air Nomads. Zuko is Roku's great-great grandson, not Aang's.

Come one, that you now even mentioned that, be serious for a moment. That Zuko's ancestor and Bumi's father were both Avatars has squad to do with this.

Last edited by Caliburn; 06-18-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Did you now seriously say incest? Incest, Seriously O_o

Bumi is physically related to Zuko as much as he's related to the Cabbage Merchant. As you said it's SPIRITUALLY, nothing else. Spiritual means by its very definition IN SPIRIT. Physically they have zero connection whatsoever and incest is purely physical. Guru Pathick was also a 'spiritual brother' of the Air Nomads. Zuko is Roku's great-great grandson, not Aang's.

Come one, that you now even mentioned that, be serious for a moment. That Zuko's ancestor and Bumi's father were both Avatars has squad to do with this.
    Amon is Aang's first reincarnation. When Aang was killed by Azula, even though he was in the Avatar State, the Avatar was not removed from existence yet. When he was revived, his reincarnation had already began even though he was not completely dead. Since he was in the Avatar State when he died, the reincarnation was twisted and was a completely spiritual being, unable to bend anything except energy.

Later, when Aang actually died, his true reincarnation was born, Korra. However, since basically half of the Avatar was already reincarnated (as a spiritual being), Korra was reincarnated as a physical being.

This explains why Amon can energybend and why Korra is so shitty at spiritual things.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well on the wiki it says that zuko's daughter is the fire lord so its possible that general iroh is his son and the voice actor who did zuko is doing general iroh so that could be a connection there and on wikipedia under episode notes it said a character will be revealed directly connected to zuko.