• Sai

8 47.06%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Memento Mori~

Sai vs Neji

Both of these guys reached jonin at a young age. I go with Sai since he's a long range fighter. who wins.

Status
    Jun 2011
    in a graveyard, mourning over what could have been....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

Re: Sai vs Neji

Neji could also attack from range as well with vacuum palm, and use his speed to get in close to attack him.

If sai stays in the air, then Neji can just avoid the attacks, or simply use rotation to defend himself.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

All neji has to do is spam Galepalm and hope he hits sai if he does then sai loses.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phew.. Zzz

Bad match up for Neji. Sai wins low-mid difficulty

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    Bad match up for Neji. Sai wins low-mid difficulty
    Care to explain how ?

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I would go with Sai especially since he can fly on his ink bird and dodge the air palms and vacuum palms, plus Neji would soon get tired of blocking with rotation, and Sai has a variety of drawings with different attakcs, like his two ink warriors he used to smack Deidara and Sasori, or even a multitude of ink lions can cause Neji to eventually tire.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by LiirKo View Post
    I would go with Sai especially since he can fly on his ink bird and dodge the air palms and vacuum palms, plus Neji would soon get tired of blocking with rotation, and Sai has a variety of drawings with different attakcs, like his two ink warriors he used to smack Deidara and Sasori, or even a multitude of ink lions can cause Neji to eventually tire.
    Sai would be more likely to tire out just because Neji will be able to dodge whatever attacks he throws at him. Rotation would just be a last resort or against a very strong jutsu.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fastrthnwind View Post
    Sai would be more likely to tire out just because Neji will be able to dodge whatever attacks he throws at him. Rotation would just be a last resort or against a very strong jutsu.
    What do you mean rotation is used as a last resort? I always see Neji using it in battle, its never a last resort jutsu for him. Also Neji can't dodge the ink attacks, he would have to destroy the ink beasts, they just don't lunge, miss, and fade back pools of ink; if Neji dodges they simply attack again and again, so Neji would tire first since he has to fight every ink beast Sai sends at him.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by LiirKo View Post
    What do you mean rotation is used as a last resort? I always see Neji using it in battle, its never a last resort jutsu for him. Also Neji can't dodge the ink attacks, he would have to destroy the ink beasts, they just don't lunge, miss, and fade back pools of ink; if Neji dodges they simply attack again and again, so Neji would tire first since he has to fight every ink beast Sai sends at him.
    He can use it for both offense and defense, though in this case, he can only use for defence since sai wouild be too far away. Neji can destroy any chakra made-substance with his gentle fist style and probably wouldn't even need to use rotation unless sai draws those two big guys that knocked away both sasori and deidara. He is perfectly capable of simultaneously dodging and attacking many opponents at one time and has done so on several occasions with naruto's clones and kidomaru's spiders.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

gets vacuum palmed while drawing seriously Though I think neji wins 7 out of ten

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HashiramaWankLord... return
    and save us all!

I'll probably have to go with Sai in this case. Sai's main challenge is going to be getting on his bird and getting out of Neji's range, where he could at least force a tie. Neji was quoted as "not being very dangerous" at long distances by Kidomaru (whatever his name is xD) which makes sense I guess. I'm not going to take out the possibility that Neji can pull off a ninja-tool tactical procedure but it doesn't seem likely in my mind. Neji has an excellent defense with his Byakugan's vision and Rotation, so that's the second problem to bypass. Being on the defensive the entire battle almost NEVER ends well though, and too much of that path could easily give the attacker the knowledge/opening he/she needs for a critical hit.

Using Versus thread logic I'd say it's a tie or Neji blitz's somehow.
    Using my own perspective on the manga I think that Sai would win.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakengard View Post
    I'll probably have to go with Sai in this case. Sai's main challenge is going to be getting on his bird and getting out of Neji's range, where he could at least force a tie. Neji was quoted as "not being very dangerous" at long distances by Kidomaru (whatever his name is xD) which makes sense I guess. I'm not going to take out the possibility that Neji can pull off a ninja-tool tactical procedure but it doesn't seem likely in my mind. Neji has an excellent defense with his Byakugan's vision and Rotation, so that's the second problem to bypass. Being on the defensive the entire battle almost NEVER ends well though, and too much of that path could easily give the attacker the knowledge/opening he/she needs for a critical hit.

Simply agree. Sai has shown more skills even with Neji's awesome defenses, from what we've seen Sai can pull it off, not to mention he is an anbu. He has the intelligence to work out a good strategy.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

That was before he learned vacuum palm. Now he has a semi-long range attack that he can use to attack from a distance.

Being on the defensive is risky, but only if you have relatively low stamina and are unable to last very long if the opponent tries to drag the fight out. Neji has slightly more stamina than Sai with a 3.5 in the databook versus Sai's 3. This means that he could potentially outlast Sai if he fought defensively

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and save us all!

That was before he learned vacuum palm. Now he has a semi-long range attack that he can use to attack from a distance.

Being on the defensive is risky, but only if you have relatively low stamina and are unable to last very long if the opponent tries to drag the fight out. Neji has slightly more stamina than Sai with a 3.5 in the databook versus Sai's 3. This means that he could potentially outlast Sai if he fought defensively
    Eh I'd consider vacuum palm more like a mid-distance attack like the DB says. It's a good way to get his hands dirty, but I don't think many would consider him even a mid-range capable shinboi with just air palm. Its usually thought to be used in conjecture with a close-range attack (right after the air palm) for it to be useful on most worth-while enemies. What Kidomaru had in mind though was 50+ meters away, which was what I was kind of going for there. I say 50+ meters because Kidomaru was able to recognize when Neji noticed his attacks 50 meters from him.

Potentially, which is why I said it should be a tie or something via versus thread logic. I personally think that Sai's ink drawings are too versatile to the point where he can get outlasted like that though, so I gave Sai the victory via creativity (actually extremely dangerous in a ninja battle). It's only my perspective anyways lol

..A Member To Remember.. LBeezy's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real

Sai would lose. Neji can dodge/block any attack Sai throws at him.. Granted, Sai can dodge as well, yes, (especially while on an ink bird) but he cant really block any of Neji's attacks. Once it becomes a ground fight Neji will dominate.

Plus since Sai's shirt doesn't cover his belly button, its an automatic fail. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha LMAO!!!

Last edited by LBeezy; 06-25-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont blink...

Eh I'd consider vacuum palm more like a mid-distance attack like the DB says. It's a good way to get his hands dirty, but I don't think many would consider him even a mid-range capable shinboi with just air palm. Its usually thought to be used in conjecture with a close-range attack (right after the air palm) for it to be useful on most worth-while enemies. What Kidomaru had in mind though was 50+ meters away, which was what I was kind of going for there. I say 50+ meters because Kidomaru was able to recognize when Neji noticed his attacks 50 meters from him.

Potentially, which is why I said it should be a tie or something via versus thread logic. I personally think that Sai's ink drawings are too versatile to the point where he can get outlasted like that though, so I gave Sai the victory via creativity (actually extremely dangerous in a ninja battle). It's only my perspective anyways lol
    Yea, that's why I said that it was sort of a semi-long range jutsu. It's actually mid-ranged of course, though I agree that Neji wouldn't try using it to go on the offensive and would just try to last it out.

I consider it to be very close TBH to the point of a tie, though I'm more in favor of Neji. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.:D Ice Cream?:ice:

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and save us all!

Yea, that's why I said that it was sort of a semi-long range jutsu. It's actually mid-ranged of course, though I agree that Neji wouldn't try using it to go on the offensive and would just try to last it out.

I consider it to be very close TBH to the point of a tie, though I'm more in favor of Neji. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.:D Ice Cream?:ice:
    The polls are pretty much tied too

and sure

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~Memento Mori~

The polls are pretty much tied too

and sure
    dancing Lee?

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If you use your brain and think rationally then Sai would win, the match up is just too bad for Neji.

Neji will lose to a long range ninja like Sai. Sai can just fly on his ink bird and then start dropping all sorts of ninja beasts on Neji. Neji can defend/dodge them all. Air palm would reach sai all the way up in the air and Neji can spam rotation forvever. He will run out of chakra.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lamborghini Mercy!!

Neji could also attack from range as well with vacuum palm, and use his speed to get in close to attack him.

If sai stays in the air, then Neji can just avoid the attacks, or simply use rotation to defend himself.
    Yes, I agree. Even though Neji is considered to in the close ranged battle unit, he still has an arsenal of far ranged attacks. Not to mention, he has his byakugan, but even though he has his blindspot. He still has a field of vision that is almost 360". To make up for that the Huygas intvented a jutsu to reflect anything entering that blindspot. So that technique serves to purposes offsense and defense and Hyugas can see the chakra system.They even came up with their own taijustu style to give them thcapabilitiese upper edge when targeting their oppoents chakra system. Though the fight may not be easy, because fights in general dont always go as we expect. In my opinion Neji takes this fight.

Sai is still a good ninja considering he is apart of the foundation, which is a branch in the anbu division. So, we havent seen much of sai's capabilities but maybe he has something else? idk.

So...yeah Neji.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Neji is a taijutsu expert and can kill sai's ink summons without excessive chakra use, sai has to stay in the air and keep spamming ink summons...neji wins due to exhaustion.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sai takes this.

completely whelmed ANBU Kakashi23's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

byakugan/8 trigram palm rotation pretty much negate sai's entire arsenal, then calculate vacuum palm in there and you have something that if used effectively could be used to take advantage in the fight and bring sai down to neji's range

so i think neji med-high diff

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real

Hm... Voting poll says 8-Neji. 6-Sai.
    I think that pretty much answers question. lol

Status
    May 2012