Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 86
  1. #1
    Senior Member Maunten's Avatar
    Status
    Maunten is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    This thread is not to outline how either one can defeat the other but to outline possible offensive and defensive strategies that the Byakugan can use against the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan (I say Eternal because it would not be sensible to use Mangekyo Sharingan in situations that were not extreme).

    Ok here goes :rag: (gl flaming a flame).


    Alright

    Tsukuyomi

    Byakugan users do not need to look into the eyes of their opponent, as gentle fist as training demands that they focus on chakra points.

    As Taijutsu masters they would only concentrate on the chakra points, especially the fatal blow target, the heart.



    Even if they do look into the eyes when Tsukuyomi is about to be cast the Byakugan user can tell as they would see the change in chakra flow, they then should look away from the eyes of the caster before they fall under Tsukuyomi.


    Amaterasu

    Heavenly rotation should repel amamterasu even if the flames consume the chakra expelled from the tech, it is the force of the chakra sphere formed form spinning that repels attacks.


    We can see here the ground below Hiashi Hyuga is crushed due to the force.


    Shuriken simply repelled.

    Susanoo

    As Susanoo is pure chakra given form, Byakugan can be used to spot weaknesses in chakra and attack those weakness with chakra expulsion.

    An example of this was shown when Neji successfully located and utilised the weak point in Kisames water prison, something that shinobi should not be able to escape from without help.


    So yeah I don't think the Byakugan is weak at all.

    They may not have perfect Susanoo but remember Madara's chakra is extremely powerful even by Uchiha standards, if someone with astonishingly powerful chakra came from the Hyuga they would destroy mountains also, in fact they would be more unbeatable than Madara.

    They don't have much screen time and their tech do not summon gigantic figures or massive massive explosions that can engulf entire villages, but remember the characters that can do this are super powerful main characters


    Tobi

    Madara

    Naruta

    Nagato

    Can do these things.

    I think kishi took the Hyuga back for a while because the probably had too much potential so it was kind of like a retcon.

    Anyway they are still very powerful as a clan, and can rival the Uchiha.
     
         

  2. #2
    Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Champ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Bye bye any Hyuuga
     
         

  3. #3
    Member cyberzone10's Avatar
    Status
    cyberzone10 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    lol byakugan is weak. People who had byakugan is ugly and Hyuuga weak people is even more ugly.

    Sharingan hax ftw
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member Maunten's Avatar
    Status
    Maunten is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Bye bye any Hyuuga
    The Hyuga are the Taijutsu masters of Konoha and would dodge an attack such as this.

    Also at that range the susanoo is in danger of it's weaker chakra points being rapidly exploited.
     
         

  5. #5
    beating the 5 great kages Respect Uchiha Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Respect Uchiha Madara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    beating up the kages, betraying kabuto in the battlefield
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzone10 View Post
    lol byakugan is weak. People who had byakugan is ugly and Hyuuga weak people is even more ugly.

    Sharingan hax ftw
    no it is not and i lol because everyone assumes kid abilities of the byakugan is the fullest extent.
     
         

  6. #6
    Littlefinger HiddenSound's Avatar
    Status
    HiddenSound is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    16,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing the Game
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maunten View Post
    This thread is not to outline how either one can defeat the other but to outline possible offensive and defensive strategies that the Byakugan can use against the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan (I say Eternal because it would not be sensible to use Mangekyo Sharingan in situations that were not extreme).

    Ok here goes :rag: (gl flaming a flame).


    Alright

    Tsukuyomi

    Byakugan users do not need to look into the eyes of their opponent, as gentle fist as training demands that they focus on chakra points.

    As Taijutsu masters they would only concentrate on the chakra points, especially the fatal blow target, the heart.



    Even if they do look into the eyes when Tsukuyomi is about to be cast the Byakugan user can tell as they would see the change in chakra flow, they then should look away from the eyes of the caster before they fall under Tsukuyomi.


    Amaterasu

    Heavenly rotation should repel amamterasu even if the flames consume the chakra expelled from the tech, it is the force of the chakra sphere formed form spinning that repels attacks.


    We can see here the ground below Hiashi Hyuga is crushed due to the force.


    Shuriken simply repelled.

    Susanoo

    As Susanoo is pure chakra given form, Byakugan can be used to spot weaknesses in chakra and attack those weakness with chakra expulsion.

    An example of this was shown when Neji successfully located and utilised the weak point in Kisames water prison, something that shinobi should not be able to escape from without help.


    So yeah I don't think the Byakugan is weak at all.

    They may not have perfect Susanoo but remember Madara's chakra is extremely powerful even by Uchiha standards, if someone with astonishingly powerful chakra came from the Hyuga they would destroy mountains also, in fact they would be more unbeatable than Madara.

    They don't have much screen time and their tech do not summon gigantic figures or massive massive explosions that can engulf entire villages, but remember the characters that can do this are super powerful main characters


    Tobi

    Madara

    Naruta

    Nagato

    Can do these things.

    I think kishi took the Hyuga back for a while because the probably had too much potential so it was kind of like a retcon.

    Anyway they are still very powerful as a clan, and can rival the Uchiha.
    What compelled you to make this thread? This should be obvious to all but the most hardcore Neji fan.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Maunten's Avatar
    Status
    Maunten is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Respect Uchiha Madara View Post
    no it is not and i lol because everyone assumes kid abilities of the byakugan is the fullest extent.
    Yes, Haishi defeated over 20 opponents in one move and did not seem exhausted by it at all.

    He took also shinobi leader from another village in one blow.

    They are in fact a very strong clan that has just gotten less attention as the story does not greatly concern them.
     
         

  8. #8
    Member Dead Ninja's Avatar
    Status
    Dead Ninja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hidden Sound Village
    Posts
    488
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maunten View Post
    Yes, Haishi defeated over 20 opponents in one move and did not seem exhausted by it at all.

    He took also shinobi leader from another village in one blow.

    They are in fact a very strong clan that has just gotten less attention as the story does not greatly concern them.
    Which is why they are loooong overdue for a power boost or at least some more attention.
     
         

  9. #9
    Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Champ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maunten View Post
    The Hyuga are the Taijutsu masters of Konoha and would dodge an attack such as this.

    Also at that range the susanoo is in danger of it's weaker chakra points being rapidly exploited.
    Makes no differences a hyuuga could never beat a EMS user
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Maunten's Avatar
    Status
    Maunten is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    What compelled you to make this thread? This should be obvious to all but the most hardcore Neji fan.
    Well basically a while a go I was doing some fact finding on kisame for a debate, then in doing so I was reminded that neji was able to find weakness in kisames chakra.

    I just let that go because I did not think much of it.

    Then today someone made a thread about the Hyuga and the Uchiha and they were kinda flamed so I thought I should construct this one to further support his theory as I shared it in the general sense.
     
         

  11. #11
    Rising T Bogard's Avatar
    Status
    T Bogard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    18,605
    Post Thanks / Like
    04/2012 - 07/2014
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    We've seen Shinra tensei could push Amaterasu away and we know Hyugas have the ability to repulse chakra from every part of their body, so actually i don't think it could be impossible for them to push Amaterasu away even if they are touch by the jutsu. You can use Byakugan even when you close your eye and actually see everything what's happening, so if they proceed that way, they have a chance to avoid genjutsus, but anyway even with all those precautions, the tough problem will be Susanoo, and i don't think they could do something against it, at least so far we know
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member Maunten's Avatar
    Status
    Maunten is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Makes no differences a hyuuga could never beat a EMS user
    I think if you just tried to take into consideration how quickly they can kill someone you would agree with me.

    They can kill in one blow.

    They can destroy chakra form (susnaoo, water prison) using chakra expulsion to attack the weak points of that chakra form.

    they can predict the nature and power of nin, gen and tai jutsu using the Byakugan insight.


    Bogard I forgot that they can close their eyes and still see.

    As for susanoo yeah I thought so to but they seem to be able to attack the weak points in chakra that has been given shape, as neji did to kisame's water prison.
     
         
    Last edited by Maunten; 07-07-2012 at 03:40 AM.

  13. #13
    Littlefinger HiddenSound's Avatar
    Status
    HiddenSound is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    16,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing the Game
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maunten View Post
    Well basically a while a go I was doing some fact finding on kisame for a debate, then in doing so I was reminded that neji was able to find weakness in kisames chakra.

    I just let that go because I did not think much of it.

    Then today someone made a thread about the Hyuga and the Uchiha and they were kinda flamed so I thought I should construct this one to further support his theory as I shared it in the general sense.
    Ok, I understand. The title just mislead me. But yeah, even though Sharingan has more advantages, Byakugan is definitely nothing to be messed with.
     
         

  14. #14
    Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Hipster Madara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Not some lame ass kanji location
    Posts
    16,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Tsukuyomi doesn't need eye contact... (?)
     
         

  15. #15
    Banned
    Status
    Οdin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    地獄
    Posts
    63,123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...
     



    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Sharingan > Byakugan.
     
         

  16. #16
    God of Wood O_O HashiramaDescendant's Avatar
    Status
    HashiramaDescendant is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Xyloid City with Hashirama
    Posts
    5,572
    Post Thanks / Like
    안녕하세요! ^^
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    The byakugan is seriously useless, but I'm still hoping Neji awakens another level of byakugan that matches the power of at least regular sharingan. :/
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member raju22's Avatar
    Status
    raju22 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Until i see Hiyashi hyuga going all out, i will say we haven't seen what byakugan can do in an expert's hand's.
     
         

  18. #18
    Legendary Sage Jade Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Jade Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Not totally sure
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like
    CONVERGE AFI2013
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    Tsukuyomi doesn't need eye contact... (?)
    Yes it does. Remember when kakashi, asuma, and (sorry forgot her name. ) first fought itachi? Kakashi told the two to look away/close their eyes when kakashi figured out that itachi planed to use tsukuyomi. Plus, guy learned to fight opponents with sharingan by watching their feet, just for that reason. It's itachi's crow genjutsu that doesn't require eye contact, but physical contact (I'm not talking about izanami)
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Maunten's Avatar
    Status
    Maunten is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipster Madara View Post
    Tsukuyomi doesn't need eye contact... (?)
    2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Odin View Post
    Sharingan > Byakugan.
    1.Tsukyomi does need eye contact before it can possibly be cast.

    2. I believe this may be incorrect, right now the Sharingan seems a lot flashier, it has new skills to go with the new arc ect, but in fact Sasuke could never have defeated Neji without sharingan evolutions.

    With eye advancements like EMS and MS it is harder to tell who would win out of the Hyuga and the Uchiha (not including the rarest MS techs such as KA, which can only be used once a decade, or S/T Sharingan techs which are even rarer than the Double Mangekyo Sharingan).



    Quote Originally Posted by HashiramaDescendant View Post
    The byakugan is seriously useless, but I'm still hoping Neji awakens another level of byakugan that matches the power of at least regular sharingan. :/
    It really is not at all, it kills quickly and has one of the best defenses in NU.
     
         
    Last edited by Maunten; 07-07-2012 at 04:01 AM.

  20. #20
    Member Dead Ninja's Avatar
    Status
    Dead Ninja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hidden Sound Village
    Posts
    488
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by HashiramaDescendant View Post
    The byakugan is seriously useless, but I'm still hoping Neji awakens another level of byakugan that matches the power of at least regular sharingan. :/
    Or at least Hinata.
     
         

  21. #21
    Senior Member naruto1246's Avatar
    Status
    naruto1246 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    2,726
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... yea what he/she siad
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberzone10 View Post
    lol byakugan is weak. People who had byakugan is ugly and Hyuuga weak people is even more ugly.

    Sharingan hax ftw
    hinata isnt ugly she's a beautiful flower
     
         

  22. #22
    Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    Prime Rib is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    ems rules
     
         

  23. #23
    Senior Member EggesGabo's Avatar
    Status
    EggesGabo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Where i have to.
    Posts
    2,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Makes no differences a hyuuga could never beat a EMS user
    i agree with ya.
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member Maunten's Avatar
    Status
    Maunten is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Anyway GN all, hope you find the thread interesting and can discuss Hyuga's possible advantages over Uchiha.
     
         

  25. #25
    Member cyberzone10's Avatar
    Status
    cyberzone10 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    693
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: The Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan > The Byakugan (Possible misconception in NB)

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto1246 View Post
    hinata isnt ugly she's a beautiful flower
    Her eye looks like she is blind. So its ugly.

    Unless she had sharingan ^_^
     
         

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •