View Poll Results: Who gave Nagato the 6-paths idea? (read first)

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nagato himself discovered its usefulness

14 43.75%
  • Konan and Nagato together discovered it

5 15.63%
  • Tobi did

10 31.25%
  • Madara did (real Madara)

3 9.38%
    Status
    Sep 2010
    chillin

Who instructed Pain to use 6 bodies?

Hey everyone! I have been thinking about something lately and wanted your guys' opinions.

We know that Nagato distributed his 6 paths over 6 bodies because he had mobility problems. When Hanzou and Danzou teamed up, Nagato as permanently crippled from a paper-bomb attack. My question is who exactly gave him the idea to use bodies to perform his Jutsu? I mean its a very good idea as to how to bypass his limitations, but did he really think of it himself, or did someone else give him the idea?

Now I'd love to think that Tobi gave him the idea considering Pain had been taking his orders for a long time, but how could Tobi have known it would work? I mean Tobi is as knowledgeable about the Rinnegan as anyone, but I highly doubt that there was anyone before Nagato who used the Rinnegan in that way. I mean one of the ultimate benefits of the paths is the shared vision, but I doubt anyone before Nagato actually discovered that perk of the Rinnegan. Basically what I'm saying is that perhaps this was simply an experiment of Konan / Nagato and they simply discovered the usefulness of the technique, something that not even the sage ever discovered.

Get my point here? I doubt that Tobi had knowledge of using the Rinnegan this way and if that was the case, the actual idea might have been developed by Konan / Nagato out of necessity. Anyway, I'd like your guys' opinions on the matter so vote in the poll and post up!

Tsuchikage's servant. Jinton Spam's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Who instructed Pain to use 6 bodies?

Tobi instructed him.

Tobi said he gave him riinegan, but when? he awakened those in his early childhood.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Sanin of 6 Paths :sy:

Status
    Aug 2011
    Signature: Onepunch Man

I understand what you are getting at, but Nagato himself my have thought and/or experimented on the Rinnegan abilities. He maybe got the design of instructing the bodies for the idea of the Sage name; Sage of the Six Paths. Or to better utilize the abilities of the Rinnegan Techniques which is the unique 6 abilities, which requires 6 different bodies.

Last edited by ᴀɴᴜʙɪs; 07-17-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Remember if you walk into the
    Ward of Dawn you ain't walking
    out

Maybe Nagato and Konan where so distraught over Yahiko's death that Nagato tried to use his power to revive him, but accidentally put one of his paths into him. I might be wrong but I vaguely remember Konan saying that yahiko was the first path.

Status
    Jun 2012
    You don't say...

I believe he come up with this himself.
    you don't need to be a genius like shikamaru to figure that out lol Nagato is quite intelligent fellow you know ?

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Tobi told Nagato about him plan on taking over the world. He told Nagato about the Sage of Six Paths and telling him that the Sage of Six Path had the Rinnegan, Nagato thought about the idea of having six bodies. with the Rinnegans abilities.

Status
    Feb 2012

I'd say that Nagato developed the idea by himself.

Status
    Sep 2010
    chillin

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post
    Maybe Nagato and Konan where so distraught over Yahiko's death that Nagato tried to use his power to revive him, but accidentally put one of his paths into him. I might be wrong but I vaguely remember Konan saying that yahiko was the first path.
    Yahiko was definitely the first path, that is certain IMO. But the point about Yahiko is that Nagato was not yet strong enough at that time to use Rinne Tensei, or didn't know about it. By the time he could use it, it was too late to revive his friend. Either way, they kept Yahiko's body to maintain their memory of him and perhaps with hopes to revive him later.

Now I don't think he transferred his ability to him by mistake, but rather perhaps he experimented with his dead body and realized he could control/ utilize him. If that were the case, it would only be natural to add more bodies later on, as long as it didn't overuse his chakra reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Tobi told Nagato about him plan on taking over the world. He told Nagato about the Sage of Six Paths and telling him that the Sage of Six Path had the Rinnegan, Nagato thought about the idea of having six bodies. with the Rinnegans abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kichiro Fujimoto View Post
    I understand what you are getting at, but Nagato himself my have thought and/or experimented on the Rinnegan abilities. He maybe got the design of instructing the bodies for the idea of the Sage name; Sage of the Six Paths. Or to better utilize the abilities of the Rinnegan Techniques which is the unique 6 abilities, which requires 6 different bodies.
    Perhaps you guys are right, perhaps simply knowing of the sage was what prompted him to attempt using the eyes in that way. But I'm not certain if Nagato experimented with the paths before or after Tobi came into the picture. I mean obviously Tobi told Nagato about the sage, but its possible he experimented with the paths before Tobi ever came into the picture right? I mean Konan and Nagato stored Yahiko's body before Tobi ever met them right? Perhaps that was enough time to experiment/ discover the secret.

Senior Member Q of the Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    This user has no status.

Either Tobi instructed him how to do so or it is one of those things that come naturally to the wielder of the eyes just knows, like how people with MS just know how to use their jutsu.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Somewhere In The Moors, Manchester, Chicago, The Bottom Lounge. (Gabriel) On The Gallows.
    Purp style: BLAZE RELEASE

Honestly, If Nagato discovered the 6 Paths Of Pain system on his own, then people arent giving him his due in intelligence. Personally I believe he did because the Chakra Rods that he uses to connect the paths and control/animate their bodies are the same or similar to the ones used to connect his physical body to Gedo Mazo when he summoned it. This leads me to believe that after this event, Nagato would search for a way to remobilize himself and continue his plans by acctually using the same matter that ruined his body in the first place.

Status
    Mar 2012
    You can destroy the man but
    you can't destroy an idea.

Id like to think its Nagato, he is quite intelligent.

Gangster Lean Instructor p0002q's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2011
    My right armpit hair grows
    12.7% faster than my left.

I believe Nagato made that his own technique.

This is just more ideas I've had about Nagato and his rinnegan.

I think Tobi\Madara used genjutsu to trick Nagato into thinking that his parents were killed by Leaf Shinobi.

It would also explain how they were able to implant the power of the rinnegan into Nagato without him knowing. From what we have seen, Nagato apparently thought he was just born with that power.

But Tobi claims he gave Nagato the rinnegan.

I'm inclined to believe Tobi as it supports my overall theory on who Tobi is

Status
    May 2011
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Pure speculation but it may have been through Nagato's efforts to bring Yahiko back to life. Doujutsu's are a weird power up and don't necessarily follow a standard learning curve, hence Nagato's sudden ability to summon the Gedo statue. Nagato also had knowledge of Rinne Tensei but how he would obtain it makes little sense. I don't know how to explain it, perhaps there is some kind of genetic/instinctual knowledge that is conveyed? Like a chameleon's ability to camoflauge, they don't have to be shown how it's just something they can do. :shrug:

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 07-17-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Sofia, Bulgaria, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milkey Way Galexy, Local Cluster, Universe.
    The samurai hokage, who's
    going to be the next pirate
    king after he becomes the
    greatest shinigami, but first
    he's gonna catch 'en all XD

If Tobi really gave him the rinnegan, then he was probably the one who instrucred him.

Status
    May 2011
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Tobi to Nagato: "You don't know me, and this is crazy, but I gave you the Rinnegan. So call me maybe?" A little suspicious don't you think?

Copy ninja no Maruko Uchiha Maruko's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Rinnegan magically teaches you how to use them.