Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    RWBY

...Nawaki to steal the Uchiha limelight?

How many people expect Tobi to be Senju? Probably none. Fools all.

To start- are any known characters still eligible to be Tobi? I'll try to list some:

-Izuna
    -Nawaki
    -...I can't come up with any more.

I personally haven't seen any theories about Tobi being Nawaki, so I'll put forth the idea just in case it hasn't been brought up.

I don't know what his motive could possibly be to betray the leaf village and forsake his dream to become hokage, but Nawaki was conspicuously absent from the edo tensei ranks. Sure, Nawaki was weak and young, but maybe his 'death' was a clever ruse used to mask his desertion- the real reasoning for him not being summoned being that he isn't actually dead.

Nawaki could trace his lineage to the first hokage- living Senju would realize the power of the name 'Madara Uchiha'. Nawaki also had many years to secretly acquire sharingan, and then 'rule' the mist village by proxy. His death was even 'off-screen.' The down-time between Nawaki's disappearance and Tobi's assault on the leaf village with the 9 tails creates a window of oppurtunity for Nawaki to explore the world, learn about the infinite tsukuyomi/10 tails, and even start the akatsuki.

Also, my biggest point (coincidentally my only real reason for this theory) is the way Tsunade mistook Naruto for Nawaki. Naruto and Nawaki were said to bear an uncanny resemblance. Wouldn't it be shocking for Tobi to remove his mask only to show an older, wearier version of Naruto's own face? At first everyone would be shocked, then realization and confusion... it seems as likely as anyone else.

It would also be an interesting twist to see a Senju like Nawaki further try to discredit/disgrace the name of his ancestral enemies, the Uchiha clan, by stating that he's an Uchiha himself and starting a war in their name. Then we'd see that the Senju really aren't the wise, pragmatic leaders we've become familiar with.

Last edited by hearteaterx; 07-17-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    whipping tail and taking
    names!

Re: ...Nawaki to steal the Uchiha limelight?

this is an interesting theory by the way it's been put.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

this theory opened my eyes ....... and orochimaru was supposedly the last person that was with Nawaki..........

the only thing that would shut this theory down would be the hair colour but meh what ever .... people can dye the hair black.. i dont know put epic theory ...lady

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    RWBY

jeez, everyone's too busy commenting on a thread about the fodderkatsuki somehow beating the 10 greatest kage of all time to spare the time to read my thread- everyone knows that only the kazekage's were weaker than the akatsuki.

Edit: thanks for reading the thread dean-winchester ;D I thought about the hair also, but masters of disguise always find a way to dye their hair. As a last resort, the characters can transform into each other from the time they're genin, changing hair colour must be novice to them.

Last edited by hearteaterx; 07-17-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I believed you could be right until I realized who Nawaki was. He maybe wasn't brought back as an edo because he was still a kid when he died, and thus wouldn't be useful against anyone accept Tsunade. At least Dan had his ghost technique, but for anyone who didn't know who Nawaki was, they'd seal him in a flash. I dont think his age matches well to be Tobi either. Tsunade is in her 50s.......he'd probably be in his 40s by now, and what was shown of Tobi's face, he looks really old like Danzo. I think Tobi is older than the Sannin since he has ties with Madara.

But on the point of him being a Senju, I would like that because we have so many Uchihas in the story and like 3 Senjus. They say the Senjus are= to Uchihas but only Hashirama displays any real threat to them. It would be a pleasant suprise for Tobi to be a Senju because it would bring a little bit more balance rather than just letting almost every known Uchiha being so dominant.

Baters gonna Bate chopstickchakra's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree with the last part the most, I don't believe the Senju are as benevolent as we've been led to believe.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    whipping tail and taking
    names!

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchakra View Post
    I agree with the last part the most, I don't believe the Senju are as benevolent as we've been led to believe.
    i agree i know that the senju have some skeletons in their closet that they try to mask with the creation of the hidden leaf village and other things.