Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: How did Itachi obtain the MS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ressurected Crow View Post
    Kishi says Itachi got it in aiding Shisui in killing himself.

My source = http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mangekyo
    thank you i copy and pasted so stuff from the link this solved a few of my own questions. + rep for being the only person smart enough to check the wiki :sy:
    sorry about double post.

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

How exactly do you get a raise in reputation? I never did really learn how that happened.

Status
    Aug 2011
    ~Memento Mori~

Shisui's death

Status
    Aug 2011
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Itachi had the MS before he slaughtered the clan as seen here:

This happened when Itachi was arguing with the Konoha police. The day after Shisui died and some time before the Massacre happened. So he definitely did not get MS because of the massacre.

Read this chapter before reading any further. Its the conversation Itachi had with the Uchiha police guys:
    ------------------------------------------------------

The conversation (interrogation) the police has with Itachi seemed very vague at the time that chapter came out. But now, after everything else we've learned since then, that chapter becomes a lot easier to understand. The whole point of the police's conversation was to indirectly accuse Itachi of pursuing the Mangekyou.

The Konoha police highlighted three points while interrogating Itachi:
    1. They brought up the point that Itachi and Shisui were very close.
    2. They brought up the fact that both Itachi and Shisui weren't present at the secret meeting
    3. They also brought up their suspicions that Shisui didn't commit suicide but was instead killed.

Of course, Itachi understood clearly what the uchiha police guys were implying. Thats why he got pissed off and opened up a can-o-whipass. They weren't just implying that he killed Shisui. They were implying that he did it for the MS. His father also questioned his absence at the meeting and Itachi answered, "To reach the height of my capacity". That "height of his capacity" was the MS.

Itachi and Shisui met at the Nakano river. Shisui drowned in the Nakano river. The next day Itachi shows his MS to Sasuke.This makes it clear that Itachi either killed Shisui himself or he helped Shisui die somehow. But he definitely got his MS the night he and Shisui were missing from the meeting. Theres no doubts about that. Thats the same night Shisui and Itachi had this and this meeting.

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressurected Crow View Post
    I thought it was revealed that Shisui committed suicide.
    ^ this and he killed his clan

Status
    Feb 2011
    "Dont Be Shy"

Shisui's Death - was the trigger for his mangekyou sharingan - - there is or was no other way - - in his flashbacks with shisui he doesnt seem to have a mangekyou - and yet shisui does

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Itachi gained it by seeing Shishui die. Like the wiki says, you have to feel the emotion of having someone close to you die. Now this is a little ambiguous because sasuke got the ms by itachi sealing oro, at least thats what I remember. Now Kakashi had his best friend die a long time ago, Obito, if he found out how to obtain the ms then he might have just tried remembering that day, because Guy is still alive. We don't know how kakashi got it exactly and we will never know unless kishi tells us.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12