View Poll Results: Who do you think Tobi is?

Voters
867. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jubbi

5 0.58%
  • Sage of Six Paths O.O

14 1.61%
  • Izuna uchiha

170 19.61%
  • Kagami uchiha

96 11.07%
  • Obito Uchiha

178 20.53%
  • Fugaku Uchiha

9 1.04%
  • Shisui Uchiha

17 1.96%
  • Setsuna Uchiha

4 0.46%
  • Madara's Son

12 1.38%
  • Obito's father

18 2.08%
  • Madara's split personality (created before original body died.)

39 4.50%
  • A copycat whose rolemodel is Madara.

7 0.81%
  • An unknown Uchiha

21 2.42%
  • Real Madara in Zetsu body

5 0.58%
  • Some one from Madara's time ( can't decide though)

10 1.15%
  • Elder son of Sage of Sixth Path

44 5.07%
  • Zetsu

23 2.65%
  • First Edo tensie

2 0.23%
  • Tobirama

6 0.69%
  • Another Senju

4 0.46%
  • An Uzumaki

10 1.15%
  • Tobi (No one we know)

31 3.58%
  • The ramen guy

71 8.19%
  • Someone other than these.

23 2.65%
  • I am done. No theory. ( Not anymore at least.)

48 5.54%
Page 2 of 53 « First 1234561252 ... Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I eat people like you for
    breakfast

Re: Final (We hope) Countdown. Tobi ID theories and discsussions

Tobi Is Izuna Uchiha come all the ones that suport this theory vote it !!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hiho,

I think it could be Obito. Because of the similar jutsu to Kakashi. And we dont know how Kakashi got his mangeyko sharingan. (or maybe its just me who dont know??)
    I think, when Tobi = Obito, they have the same Sharingan and when Tobi was able to get his mangeyko sharingan, it auto transformed Kakashis Sharingan into the mangeyko.

Its also possible for me, that its someone like Nagato who can use dead bodys. And Tobi is just a dead Body controled by this Guy we dont know. But when i read this now, i think its stupid ^^. Nvm :D

Sry for my bad english. :/

Academy Student
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Again Izuna is still my primary vote for pretty much all the above reasons. Tobi does also like to consider himself Madara, and he doesn't like to lie. Tobi likes to manipulate using shades of truth. It's possible Izuna considers himself and Madara linked, or even the same person (similar to how he wants to become one with everyone using Mugen Tsukuyomi) after he gave his eyes/life for him.

Though I would contest the first point. Has Kurama ever been seen acknowledging that he knows current-Tobi directly? He didn't mention anything when Naruto first fought with Tobi or when they fought at the Summit from memory. A link would be appreciated. As far as I remember he only acknowledged knowing Minato-era Tobi which we still aren't 100% sure are the same person.

Yes, it would be crazy coincidence for them to have such similar abilities, but then given what Madara has pulled off so far there's really not any ability beyond his potential; it could have been him at the time.

I just think Obito is still a possibility and a far more valid one than Kagami, which is why I defend the point. It seems so silly to throw such a big possibility off the table.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

@Alexu Valid theory, very credible, I like it.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The only thing the Zetsu goo helps is the Obito theory,which I don't like....

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Tobi will be revealed as Izuna, Madara's younger brother. Izuna died in battle and revived many years later by Madara once he awakened the Rinnegan. Izuna took on the name Madara after Madara had died. The Eye of the Moon Plan is their version of bringing peace to the world. If the plan succeeds, the name Madara Uchiha will be in the history books as the one who brought peace to the world.

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Obito with some Zetsu added in.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

only time will tell but i think its defiantly a uchiha we've seen before

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happens if you're scared
    half to death twice?

Tobi just said in the newest chapter to Kakashi that there is no point in removing his mask as Kakashi doesn't remember faces. Whoever Tobi actually is, Kakashi knew him on a personal level at one point in time.

So I think it turned back around to Kakashi's childhood team mates and/or friends. No idea who it may be though...

Amegakure ANBU Ikari Shinji Kun's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy161 View Post
    Tobi just said in the newest chapter to Kakashi that there is no point in removing his mask as Kakashi doesn't remember faces. Whoever Tobi actually is, Kakashi knew him on a personal level at one point in time.

So I think it turned back around to Kakashi's childhood team mates and/or friends. No idea who it may be though...
    I don't like admitting it, but you're right. He also said his plan is to create peace. If the plot does twist and Tobi is Obito (please for the love of god I hope I'm wrong) His motive would be to create peace, because he would've seen friends or loved ones die in the war before he died.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari Shinji Kun View Post
    I don't like admitting it, but you're right. He also said his plan is to create peace. If the plot does twist and Tobi is Obito (please for the love of god I hope I'm wrong) His motive would be to create peace, because he would've seen friends or loved ones die in the war before he died.
    I know the feeling; Obito is the first the thing that popped in my head while reading the most recent chapter, and I damn near rage-quit. Kishi wouldn't do that, right? Right? Anymore, I just don't know. I get the feeling he doesn't care about continuity, and is just trying to throw in as many twists as possible. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm pretty sure Tobi was talking to Guy when he said that, referring to Kisame. As I recall, Guy asked Tobi who he was and Tobi said the thing about not remembering faces.

Anyway, I'm tossing up between Kagami and Izuna, but leaning towards Izuna. All the reasons mentioned so far have made sense, and Obito would literally cause most of the fandom to throw one massive worldwide hissy-fit.
    BUT...Here's a strange theory; what if Kishi never tells us who Tobi is? What if he just dies and dissolves into Zetsu goo and we never get to find out who he is? In that case, every member of the fandom would probably throw a worldwide hissy-fit, lol.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

We still know so little about Tobi, even if what we got can lead us to many theories and assumptions.
    Anyway, he's not Obito, he's not Kagami. Get over with it.
    The only two possible leads are Tobi being someone so "ancient" and powerful (the elder son of So6P = Rinnegan given to Nagato) or Izuna Uchiha, which could be due to the "strong bonds" cliché recurring so many times in the manga.
    He must be someone at least as powerful as Madara, c'mon. He has a massive amount of chakra and abilities, he's controlling the Tailed Beasts all at once, he's using Rinnegan's abilities like he's always been capable of. He's not just space-time jutsu.

Don't expecting to see Tobi's ID revealed soon, anyway...

BTW, I voted "The ramen guy". It must be him, in the end.

Last edited by aema83; 07-21-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Read carefully.
    Tobi's referring to Guy.
    Plus, in chapter 567, while fighting the Tailed Beasts and Tobi, Guy shouts at Kakashi that he doesn't remember people's faces. Tobi's not deaf, then...
    And it's not Kakashi knowing Tobi, but the contrary. Tobi has a deep understanding of his enemies, plus all the intel he gathered from former Akatsuki members.
    Kishi likes to toy with distracted readers so that you fall for it. That's just deception.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

A copycat whose rolemodel is Madara.
    I don't seem to take those theories seriously any more.. so I DON'T CARE WHO TOBI IS..

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a woodchuck chucks
    approximately its own cubic
    weight in wood it could
    hypothetically chuck around 35
    pounds of hard lumber.

Here we go again...

FYI for all Izuna theorists, one contradiction that I haven't seen discussed yet is in the latest chapter (594) where Tobi talks as if he knows Kakashi/Guy

Any ideas? In order for it to make sense, I'd say Tobi has been stalking/monitoring the village and its inhabitants for quite awhile, perhaps he infiltrated the village numerous times.

IMO Kishi threw that bit in there to throw people off (which he seems to enjoy) since it was vague.

Obviously if you're an Obito theorist it makes perfect sense but I'd like to see some backup arguments regarding this for Izuna.

Last edited by Edge; 07-21-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinweiss View Post
    I love how people continue to debunk all Obito theories with "thats retarded" then counter with "It's probably [some guy who was mentioned once, pictured once, and has absolutely no development or characterization whatsoever]."

Kagami would be a million times dumber than Obito, and Obito is already pretty dumb.

Reasons it could be Kagami:
    -He's had no development.
    -He's 'shrouded in mystery' (see: the manga hasn't ever talked about him because he's totally unimportant)

Reasons it could be Obito:
    -Similar jutsu to Kakashi, jutsu that nobody else in the entire Uchiha clan seems aware of, even Madara.
    -It's been hinted for a long time, ie foreshadowing.
    -Obito has some development, so he isn't a non-character like Kagami.
    -Seems to know Kakashi based on comments about him being quick to open his mouth, especially since this is not a characteristic often associated with Kakashi and something only someone who has known him for a long time or knows him very well would know.
    -Lots of tension between Tobi and Kakashi in the latest chapter.
    -Some tension between Tobi and Guy, who likely would have disliked Obito when young due to the same Lee vs Sasuke reasons.
    -On the same page there is a juxtaposition between Kakashi and Tobi's eyes, and the panel involving Kakashi seemingly has absolutely zero reason to be there other than to provide that parallel between them.
    -Guy and Kakashi in general have served absolutely no storyline purpose to be in that fight, so it's very possible they're purely there for the sake of IDing Tobi.
    -Obito is pretty much the only Uchiha in the entire manga to have exhibited a silly, goofy side.
    -Similar names.
    -Similar hair.

I'll repeat what I said in the last thread; the main reason people are discounting Obito is because of time discrepancies - this from a goddamn magical super-ninja specializing in time-space ninjutsu - and because it would be a bad twist, at which point they offer up even worse alternatives like Kagami and Shisui.

ps: my first guess is still Izuna via copious lying, second is still Danzou via Izanagi shenanigans, third is Obito via time-space shenanigans. So I'm not an Obito theorist or whatever, but it's definitely got much, MUCH more weight than Shisui or Kagami.
    Ignore GAI part.

Link to why you should ignore : http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/567/10

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Random dude is Tobi

Academy Student
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Its not Izuna, he died blind. Even if he didnt die, he would have had to have new eyes implanted, and since he already had the mangekyo awaken, he wouldnt need to reawaken his new eyes. they would then become eternal mangekyo. Plus we have barely any info on him. Stats and jutsus dont match up. Just my opinion.

Academy Student
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

[QUOTE=Randombody;7537679]Ignore GAI part.

Impossible. Obito was just a kid while Minato fought a full grown Tobi during the Nine Tail destruction of the leaf. How can you counter that rebuttle? That right there eliminates the possibility.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The user is enjoying the
    manga.

I think tobi is izuna.

First of all i want to base my theory on what tobi have...

Tobi have :

1. A sharingan
    2. A rinnegan
    3. Senju DNA
    4. Knowledge about uchiha shrine
    5. Knowledge about So6p
    6. Acquaintance with Madara
    7. Gave Nagato the rinnegan.
    8. Have some of zetsu fused with him.
    9. A S/T technique better than the 4th.
    10. Ability to use izanagi
    11. Ability to control the 9 tails.
    12. Ability to use hatred of a person to manipulate them
    13. Ability to control perfect or near perfect jinchuriki.

Now I will use the above points to prove my theory.

First of all tobi have Acquaintance with Madara. So he has to be a person of around his age.He and madara shares the same plan , project tsukinomi.

There must be a question in your mind,
    If tobi had the rinnegan , why he gave it to young nagato.

Answer : Nagato is an uzumaki ,he have powerful chakra.As weapons of the sage needs alot of chakra from the person using it, imagine how much chakra would sage's eyes will consume.A normal person cannot handle rinnegan but a uzumaki can surely do. Also i think nagato had a powerful chakra even in uzumakis just liek kushina thats why he was given the rinnegan.

I think that nagato was intentionally put in amegakure.
    he lived in amegakure the main battlefield for the villages,
    He was surely to lose many of his friends and also his family, and hence develop hatred.

We know tobi is master at using hatred of a person, so he used nagato.

It was all plan of tobi and madara. which can be proved, as when madara said ""so nagato survived... "
    ït was there plan to put him into the battle ground , so he and his hatred towards the leaf could grow stronger

One more thing :ice:

Just tell me who can madara trust, to give him his master plan to bring peace to the world ?
    Obviously his little bro Izuna.

Madara might helped izuna fake his death so that people could forget about izuna.If people know tobi is izuna , they will know about his weaknesses as well.

One more proof izuna is tobi is that he mastery in using S/T techs.
    No, you may wonder how would that help us know who is tobi.
    i will explain ..
    We know Madara had an eternal rivalry with Hashirama and in the end he fought him to gain his powers. So,

The same way, i think izuna had an eternal rivalry with Tobirama and he fought him.. and he learned how Tobirama used his S/T and made his own S/T with it. He can easily do that because of his sharingan which helps him in learning moves.
    Sounds interesting, ain't it ?

Now there must be yet another question in your mind, that if Izuna is Tobi, why did he helped itachi in Uchiha Masscare and why did he wanted to destory konoha ?

Answer :
    Izuna loved his brother very much just like the relationship between itachi and sasuke.
    So when he saw that madara got rejected as a cadidate for the hokage, and hashirama won, he felt bad for his bro and developed hatred again senjus and konoha.

Also madara was rejected by the Uchihas themselves, so seeing that, izuna also developed hatred against Uchiha clan.

:ice:

Also tobi = izuna fits every timeline.
    Zetsu was created with help of senju DNA and senju DNA gives you long life.
    Tobi have senju DNA so he also have a long life.

i have written alot for now, :ice: if you think there are any plot holes in my theory or you want to help in improving my theory, Just VM/PM me.
    Any comments about my theory are welcome :ice:

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Izuna still does not have a motive for world domination just because of his brother. According to the Naruto wiki, he was actually harmonic and devoted.

As already mentioned, it would be damn boring and easily guessable if it was him and that's exactly what Kishi wants.
    I don't think Kishi lets us guessing who Tobi is for years just to reveal that he is yet another Uchiha who didn't even have a large impact on other characters and the story itself.

Guys, it's the elder son. He wants to come back with full force and Naruto will represent the younger son of SO6P by inheriting the will of fire of all descendants of the younger son and all hokages, and Naruto & Sasuke will break the curse of hatred which the elder son started.

Last edited by yetanotheruser; 07-22-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HALF HALLOW

Final (We hope) Countdown. Tobi ID theories and discsussions

first read clearly what madara says.1st he says that there is a reason behind all this(revival of himself and the war).then he says that it seems that things aren't going according to plan.meaning that he knows the plan and probably made the plan.then he says he was able to revive me like this.meaning that when madara was alive he planed evrything that is happening right now with someone else and the only one who he could plot a plan and can count to revive him would him would be izuna.even if madara lived 100 more years after fighting hashirama he has no chance of meeting with obito or shisui so its very clear that tobi is izuna.

note:i only use the sig pic cause it looks great.

Last edited by Ira; 07-22-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Like others have mentioned, i'd hate to admit it but the latest chapter does seem to hint at Obito. Like the way Tobi talked to Kakashi and Guy?? It seems, like kishi just might do the dumbest thing that has, like ever happened to his manga to date by making Tobi Obito.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't see any validity with the elder son of the sage theory. Out of all the stretches being made in theories this one is the biggest. I don't think he's Izuna either because there's no motive for hatred against the leaf. Saying he hates the leaf because he loves Madara is a fallacy. Just because they are brothers does not mean they share the same beliefs. You're once again jumping to conclusions and literally MAKING UP a reason for why he would do this. That's why it's so much of a stretch with this theory because you're filling in gaps that are unknown at this point with speculation.

If you all recall, the Uchihas stopped supporting Madara because they realized they didn't want to continue to fight with the leaf. Then Fugaku Uchiha decided to stage a coup against the leaf under Hiruzen's rule. If Izuna Uchiha was really Tobi and loved Madara and was upset that the clan betrayed him, then why would he help Itachi destroy them when he clearly had a perfect chance for revenge against the leaf? His first attempt failed with Kurama, and now he just passes up on this one? I don't buy it, especially considering he was willing to try this by himself at first.