Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    :)
     

    Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Ok me and 3 of my best friends just finished with a 720 min marathon of LoTR on bluray. Honestly I feel more exhausted than the time I ran a marathon.

    But it was all worth it. It reminded me that even if I have watched LoTR for the umphth time it is still the same as ever. Sure cheap comedy like american pie makes you laugh for a moment, a movie like transformers or the avengers might be cheap fun, but no other movie be it The Dictator, or even masterpieces like Inception or Nolans Batman, timeless classics like The Godfather, Shawshank and Hitchcocks masterpieces dont make me feel like LoTR does every time I watch it. And that is why what Peter Jackson has achieved (as far as I am concerned) is the best movie ever filmed.


    which is why

    plus

    =ftw

    oh yea and one cant forget pizza,, popcorn, heineken, cola and chocolate

     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member AP2k's Avatar
    Status
    AP2k is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,091
    Location
    NY
    This place still exists?
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Was it the extended version?
     
         

  3. #3
    Heartless Gaarafan1's Avatar
    Status
    Gaarafan1 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,201
    Location
    Inside your head...
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    it's a great movie.
     
         

  4. #4
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    :)
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by AP2k View Post
    Was it the extended version?
    is there any other way to go these days?
     
         

  5. #5
    SQY's Avatar
    Status
    SQY is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,932
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Lurking popular threads with
    my stupid opinions
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    I laughed when you called Transformers cheap,
     
         

  6. #6
    the illest you never heard wridacule's Avatar
    Status
    wridacule is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,407
    Location
    missouri
    cheese makes it hard to poo
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    stopped reading after you said inception was a masterpiece
     
         

  7. #7
    ソロキング -Logic-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Logic- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,911
    Itachi Solo's.
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Wow dude, epic, I would die after all that ~.~
     
         

  8. #8
    Member Randombody's Avatar
    Status
    Randombody is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    256
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Lord of the rings along with star wars is the best, no matter how many times you see it it will always be as good as the first time you saw it! Gladiator is also good! All
    Three of them are my top movie, even though I know that lotr is more then one episode so is star wars!
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member AP2k's Avatar
    Status
    AP2k is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,091
    Location
    NY
    This place still exists?
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    is there any other way to go these days?
    Exactly. Me and my friends do a LotR marathon twice a year, its amazing. I used to have a ring with the "one ring to rule them" engraving on it. Wish it was all on one disk. Changing the disk 5 times really kills the mood
     
         

  10. #10
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    :)
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by wridacule View Post
    stopped reading after you said inception was a masterpiece
    good to know ignorant ppl like you who dont even bother to read till the end can still find the time to post
     
         

  11. #11
    God of Wood O_O HashiramaDescendant's Avatar
    Status
    HashiramaDescendant is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,576
    Location
    Xyloid City with Hashirama
    안녕하세요! ^^
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    That sounds like hell.
     
         

  12. #12
    Haosrithy Haosrithy's Avatar
    Status
    Haosrithy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    885
    Location
    ~On the cumulus cloud above~
    "The girl I love is
    better than the girl of my
    dreams because she's real-said
    the Swaggiest man on NB.
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Dude how? How can you sit on your ass for 720 minutes? I can barely sit on my ass for like 10 minutes!
     
         

  13. #13
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    :)
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by Haosrithy View Post
    Dude how? How can you sit on your ass for 720 minutes? I can barely sit on my ass for like 10 minutes!
    well we were on holidays for 10 days before that and pretty much all we did is swim, cycle, play tennis and volleyball and party

    so it was nice and easily bearable, but it tired me out more than a day of tennis, volleyball, ...
     
         

  14. #14
    IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    IKSOKRIPS is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9,450
    Location
    Macedonia
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    That sounds like. . . . . . . . . PURE AWESOMENESS!!! :y :D

    I can't wait for >>> The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey! :noc:
     
         

  15. #15
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    :)
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by IKSOKRIPS View Post
    That sounds like. . . . . . . . . PURE AWESOMENESS!!! :y :D

    I can't wait for >>> The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey! :noc:
    same here
     
         

  16. #16
    Haosrithy Haosrithy's Avatar
    Status
    Haosrithy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    885
    Location
    ~On the cumulus cloud above~
    "The girl I love is
    better than the girl of my
    dreams because she's real-said
    the Swaggiest man on NB.
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    well we were on holidays for 10 days before that and pretty much all we did is swim, cycle, play tennis and volleyball and party

    so it was nice and easily bearable, but it tired me out more than a day of tennis, volleyball, ...

    I wouldn't be able to watch a marathon.
     
         

  17. #17
    Team Taka AnimeIsPerfection's Avatar
    Status
    AnimeIsPerfection is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,094
    Location
    Library :)
    I'm not on here much anymore
    but you can follow me on
    tumblr at
    alovelyalien.tumblr.com
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Tolkien was a genious. LOTR is completely epic. I own the extended version; pureness.
     
         

  18. #18
    Out Of Ctrl's Avatar
    Status
    Out Of Ctrl is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,791
    Location
    Sat on a cloud.
    Here and there
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    Ok me and 3 of my best friends just finished with a 720 min marathon of LoTR on bluray. Honestly I feel more exhausted than the time I ran a marathon.

    But it was all worth it. It reminded me that even if I have watched LoTR for the umphth time it is still the same as ever. Sure cheap comedy like american pie makes you laugh for a moment, a movie like transformers or the avengers might be cheap fun, but no other movie be it The Dictator, or even masterpieces like Inception or Nolans Batman, timeless classics like The Godfather, Shawshank and Hitchcocks masterpieces dont make me feel like LoTR does every time I watch it. And that is why what Peter Jackson has achieved (as far as I am concerned) is the best movie ever filmed.


    which is why

    plus

    =ftw

    oh yea and one cant forget pizza,, popcorn, heineken, cola and chocolate

     
         

  19. #19
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    :)
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    its just that at the end every other movie just seems trivial and I cant imagine any movie follow LoTR
     
         

  20. #20
    Hokage spartan001's Avatar
    Status
    spartan001 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    655
    Location
    New Zealand
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Lord Of The Rings Marathon

    Good work man.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •