Communication occurs in many ways, whether verbally, non-verbally, visually, or by touch. Let's see what you can find.^^
The purpose of this contest is to judge the best job a member can do in creating a personal album under a specific theme.
Before you submit make sure you read the Rules
and if you want to discuss anything about the AotW contest please do so here: Discussion Thread.
How to make your album:
1. Every week a new theme will be announced and you will have to create your album based on that theme.
But you also need to choose a style for your album, anything at all, for example:
Black and white, only from one website, avatar pictures, only .gif pictures etc. It can be anything, but you have to chose a style and mention that style at the title of your album like this: "AotW #1, only black & white".
2. You can add 12-18 pictures, no more - no less, and all pictures must respect the forum's rules. If one or all your pictures are custom made, please mention that fact under every picture as a comment.
3. After you create your album, you can edit it only until the submission time ends. I will check on the time your pictures are edited.
Your albums will be judged based on:
-Pleasant to the eye.
-Difficulty of finding the pictures.
Submit your work here like this:
[I]~I wish to take part~[/I]
[I]Link to Your Album:[/I]
[I]Screenshot of Your Album:[/I]
~I wish to take part~
Album's style: only black & white
Link to your album: www. example1. com
Screenshot of your album: [img]blabla.jpg[*/img]
The contest will close 1159 hours, 28July12 (GMT-4). The winners will be announced on Sunday when the new theme is decided.
If you want to take part to this contest but you haven't created your album yet, you can always submit mentioning your username only and then, when you create your album, edit your post here.
Good luck! P.S. Everyone, remember to make your album PUBLIC.
How to take a screenshot:
If you are using a MAC computer:
- To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
If you are using a Windows computer:
- Press "Print Screen" ( the button is usually found next to the "F12" and "Scroll Lock" keys. On laptop keyboards, you may have to press the "Fn" button.) to take a screenshot of the entire screen. Then open Microsoft Paint, paste the screenshot and Save.
Evolution of Communication [Narrative-Style*]
Link To Your Album:
Screenshot of your Album:
It's a story album that narrates the changes in communication occurring throughout time. To be read from top-left to bottom-right obviously - in order to view the story from the past to present time where it ends on a rhetorical question.
- For some unknown reasons, all the thumbnails pictures are not appearing on my screen, so I'm unable to do a full-screenshot. I tried to re-upload them but to no avail. Yet, the picture do works once clicked on them. In case, a picture doesn't upload at all while viewing in "Slideshow" mode, do tell me before closing the thread!
Last edited by Escorpiius; 07-28-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Username:ParaNoia61193 Album's Style:Monochrome Link to Your Album:SPEAK OUT! Screenshot of Your Album:
Rarity- Hard to find photos are valuable, however, there are other criteria that I use. I also need to know just how hard it was to find those images. There are picture/album descriptions for a reason.
Most of my pictures were rather hard to find.
I took my time and searched over 3000 photos just to pick beautiful demonstration pictures.
I prefered to write that here since I didn't want to ruin my photos' descriptions.