View Poll Results: 1% of the world's richest control most of the wealth, politics, media. Is it moral?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, it is moraly correct to let the 1% rule the world

    3 15.00%
  • no, it is not morally correct to let 1% rule the world

    17 85.00%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47
  1. #26
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Who says many who are not rich smarter than the rich?

    Maybe they know something the poor do not know or maybe they have something the poor do not have...Duuurrrr

    Part of having wealth is being privileged to certain opportunities that many do not have...
    so if you have a lot of wealth you have a right to live better than everyone else? or to put it the other way around, if you arent rich you dont have the right to live as you could or wanted to and you have to live worse?
     
         

  2. #27
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    so if you have a lot of wealth you have a right to live better than everyone else? or to put it the other way around, if you arent rich you dont have the right to live as you could or wanted to?
    Lmaoo...How does having not money automatically mean you can't live the life you want or that you aren't subject to the same opportunities...It simply takes Hardwork.

    When i say they are privileged i mean that they can do certain things without hard-work or other requirements, while others have to work their butts off and meet certain other requirements....
     
         

  3. #28
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Lmaoo...How does having not money automatically mean you can't live the life you want or that you aren't subject to the same opportunities...It simply takes Hardwork.

    When i say they are privileged i mean that they can do certain things without hard-work or other requirements, while others have to work their butts off and meet certain other requirements....
    exactly! why should 99% of ppl have to work their butts off so that they get by and the 1% stay rich?
     
         

  4. #29
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    ok a poll for one of my threads on which i have been kinda flamed.

    Is it moral that 1% of the worlds super rich control most of the most wealth, that they control politics, law, media, ...?

    is it right?
    I guess the real question is "Is it moral to abondon your principals in exchange for money?"

    What gives these guys power? Thier money? Money wont get you anywhere if people dont accept it. The problem isnt that these guys are super rich and "trying" to control everything. The problem lies with the people who take thier money and push thier agenda. Without them the rich would have no influence. If people stuck to thier principals instead of selling out for money then this wouldnt even be an issue.

    And why are these guys being persecuted because they worked hard to build an empire?

    Look, I'm not rich. I'm nowhere near it, but I'm not going to fall into this bandwagon of blaming everything on the rich.

    what's moral is different for everyone. Its all perception.
     
         

  5. #30
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    exactly! why should 99% of ppl have to work their butts off so that they get by and the 1% stay rich?
    Because their parents didn't work their butts off to get rich and stay rich...

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    I guess the real question is "Is it moral to abondon your principals in exchange for money?"

    What gives these guys power? Thier money? Money wont get you anywhere if people dont accept it. The problem isnt that these guys are super rich and "trying" to control everything. The problem lies with the people who take thier money and push thier agenda. Without them the rich would have no influence. If people stuck to thier principals instead of selling out for money then this wouldnt even be an issue.

    And why are these guys being persecuted because they worked hard to build an empire?

    Look, I'm not rich. I'm nowhere near it, but I'm not going to fall into this bandwagon of blaming everything on the rich.

    what's moral is different for everyone. Its all perception.
    Please tell me what your saying agrees with this guy, OP... Cause i swear, you just sound like your hating because you don't have vast amounts of dollar in your bank...
     
         
    Last edited by ShishaMastah420; 07-24-2012 at 08:22 PM.

  6. #31
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Yamato View Post
    Look, I'm not rich. I'm nowhere near it, but I'm not going to fall into this bandwagon of blaming everything on the rich.
    I admit they deserve more money than most if they work hard and are smart and succeded, they deserve to have a nice home, a nice car or even cars, perhaps a boat and vacation homes, their lifes can be easier ... i like Steve Jobs, and hes not the only one i like ...

    BUT THEY SHOULDNT OWN THE BETTER PART OF THE WESTERN WORLD (note: big letters becuz I wanted to emphasize not because im angry )

    and 0.01% certainly shouldnt own more money than countries which are responsible for literally billions of ppl and their wellbeing, for infrastructure, social welfare (medical service, ...), for schools, ...
     
         
    Last edited by North Kai; 07-24-2012 at 08:30 PM.

  7. #32
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    I admit they deserve more money than most if they work hard and are smart and succeded, they deserve to have a nice home, a nice car or even cars, perhaps a boat and vacation homes, their lifes can be easier ... i like Steve Jobs, and hes not the only one i like ...

    BUT THEY SHOULDNT OWN THE BETTER PART OF THE WESTERN WORLD (note: big letters becuz I wanted to emphasize not because im angry )

    and 0.01% certainly shouldnt own more money than countries which are responsible for literally billions of ppl and their wellbeing, for infrastructure, social welfare (medical service, ...), for schools, ...
    Why shouldn't they own as much wealth as they want?

    Do you understand how the "1%" works?

    Do you understand what it takes to gain wealth and keep it?

    Also they don't own the better part of the western world, they simply have an easier access to it than the regular person...
     
         

  8. #33
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    I admit they deserve more money than most if they work hard and are smart, they deserve to have a nice home, a nice car or even cars, perhaps a boat and vacation homes, their lifes can be easier ... i like Steve Jobs, and hes not the only one i like ...

    BUT THEY SHOULDNT OWN THE BETTER PART OF THE WESTERN WORLD (note: big letters becuz I wanted to emphasize not because im angry )

    and 0.01% certainly shouldnt own more money than countries which are responsible for literally billions of ppl and their wellbeing, for infrastructure, social welfare (medical service, ...), for schools, ...
    I'm not saying that other people dont deserve to have money, but I'm against people taking money from someone who earned it rightfully and distribuiting it to other's just because they dont earn as much.

    This is whats going to happen if people keep beating up on the rich.
    Bar stool Economics

    I find it funny that everyone seems to like steve jobs (99ers included)

    Apple IMO is a shady company. There have been multiple accusations of planned obsolecence (Dont be suprised when your need to buy all new accessories with the iPhone 5) as well as multiple unsubstantiated lawsuits against rival companies. They'll do whatever it takes to get a buck, but no one seems to notice.
     
         

  9. #34
    Academy Student Limit's Avatar
    Status
    Limit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    They earned their money. Let them keep making more.
     
         

  10. #35
    Imitation Crime~ Ashflura's Avatar
    Status
    Ashflura is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Secret Rendezvous
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Read the initial post, haven't got time to read both pages. So if I'm repeating something just skip.

    But don't most of these rich ass people feed off the interest of everyday citizens. I think its wrong, that the richest have the most power, most of the time their power is used for greed or investing and sponsoring militaries, etc.

    If they have earned every cent then fair enough, it's their right to control it.

    I just believe there should almost be like a compulsion law where once you hit like 10 million the rest of your money should go directly to third world nations.
     
         

  11. #36
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashflura View Post
    Read the initial post, haven't got time to read both pages. So if I'm repeating something just skip.

    But don't most of these rich ass people feed off the interest of everyday citizens. I think its wrong, that the richest have the most power, most of the time their power is used for greed or investing and sponsoring militaries, etc.

    If they have earned every cent then fair enough, it's their right to control it.

    I just believe there should almost be like a compulsion law where once you hit like 10 million the rest of your money should go directly to third world nations.
    Um... DaFuQ? Hell No...

    What you and OP don't seem to understand is that the "99ers" have more power than the "1%"... You can have all the money in the world you want, but there needs to be wheels that can drive your wealth, the "99ers" are that wheel...

    If only the "99ers" would educate themselves on how to exercise their power instead of being drones...

    If this whole thing is about helping others; Why not argue that the police use the money that is confiscated from drug bust and donate it to the less fortunate; Why force the fortunate to help the less fortunate?
     
         

  12. #37
    Imitation Crime~ Ashflura's Avatar
    Status
    Ashflura is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Secret Rendezvous
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Um... DaFuQ? Hell No...

    What you and OP don't seem to understand is that the "99ers" have more power than the "1%"... You can have all the money in the world you want, but there needs to be wheels that can drive your wealth, the "99ers" are that wheel...

    If only the "99ers" would educate themselves on how to exercise their power instead of being drones...

    If this whole thing is about helping others; Why not argue that the police use the money that is confiscated from drug bust and donate it to the less fortunate; Why force the fortunate to help the less fortunate?
    Isn't that called being selfish?

    What's the point of owning more money than you can manage?

    So the "99ers" are the public, the people working under these "1%"? If banded together can push on ideals for the greater public and such?
     
         

  13. #38
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    half of the world lives in poverty, only 1/100 has a university education, ... while they struggle is it moral for 1% to have literaly more money than they can spend

    the 1% cant be rich if they didnt take advantage of the 99%, if you have money you control politics, you influence what is put into schools, what the media tell us, ... and they use all their assets to protect their wealth and keep the 99% where they are, they (most of them) dont care about anyone as long as they make money
     
         

  14. #39
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashflura View Post
    [1]Isn't that called being selfish?

    [2]What's the point of owning more money than you can manage?

    [3]So the "99ers" are the public, the people working under these "1%"? If banded together can push on ideals for the greater public and such?
    [1]You could call it selfish, but then again, whom says it is their responsibility...
    Is it not one's own responsibility?

    The fact that you own a computer means that you yourself is more fortunate than someone else in this world; Why aren't you giving to them?

    [2]O.o? I doubt they own more money than they can manage... How hard is it to manage money anways...This isn't a bunch of babies or a bunch of dogs... It is money..

    [3]Yup, in sense; The workers Union wasn't formed by a bunch of lazy Fuqs who didn't want to improve their own life...


    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    half of the world lives in poverty, only 1/100 has a university education, ... while they struggle is it moral for 1% to have literaly more money than they can spend

    the 1% cant be rich if they didnt take advantage of the 99%, if you have money you control politics, you influence what is put into schools, what the media tell us, ... and they use all their assets to protect their wealth and keep the 99% where they are, they (most of them) dont care about anyone as long as they make money
    You basically restated what you said in your OP...Which personal i think is plain bias and buffoonery...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    At the end of the day alot of these big multi-billion dollar moguls,"1%" have come up from being a "99er" and even if they didn't and they inherited money, that means there parents did or their parent's parents did...

    How can you justify wanting to take their money?

    How can you say their being "selfish"? when they themselves were once in the positions many others are in now...

    I understand that there are many people in the world who need help, but don't try to force people to help others...Instead of forcing them, how about you yourself help others...
     
         
    Last edited by ShishaMastah420; 07-26-2012 at 12:09 PM.

  15. #40
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashflura View Post
    Isn't that called being selfish?
    What's the point of owning more money than you can manage?

    So the "99ers" are the public, the people working under these "1%"? If banded together can push on ideals for the greater public and such?
    What is more selfish, not wanting give away your hard earned money, or taking money from other people?
     
         

  16. #41
    Anduril's Avatar
    Status
    Anduril is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...
     



    Re: A Q about morality

    It's one thing earning money and it's another thing evading taxes by stashing it into offshore banks.

    Personally, I feel the governments all over the world should tighten the screws and fill the loopholes in their system that allow for tax evasion.

    Considering a major chunk of the Black money stays with politicians....... I don't think we will be seeing a solution to this problem anywhere in the near future.

    Also it's not immoral to have so much money, it just means they were smarter than the rest of us. You have to deal with it or adopt Socialism.
     
         

  17. #42
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    It's one thing earning money and it's another thing evading taxes by stashing it into offshore banks.

    Personally, I feel the governments all over the world should tighten the screws and fill the loopholes in their system that allow for tax evasion.

    Considering a major chunk of the Black money stays with politicians....... I don't think we will be seeing a solution to this problem anywhere in the near future.

    Also it's not immoral to have so much money, it just means they were smarter than the rest of us. You have to deal with it or adopt Socialism.
    Agreed 100% about the government tightening regulations with accounting loopholes.
     
         

  18. #43
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: A Q about morality

    Okay, here's the thing. Capitalism gives every individual a reason to work hard in hopes that one day they might, in some wild dream, become the 1% or at least be fabulously wealthy. This is why capitalism works, it motivates people to get up and do something. Someone who's unbelievably poor and basically living in hell might one day get tired of that and go out to do something. This is why you never give out unemployment.

    Democratic socialism does not work because it seeks to level the playing field. For some reason everyone believes that they can be a slave owner; but if everyone is a slave owner, then who will be the slaves? (Sorry, I keep forgetting, they call them "employees" now, silly me)

    Communism doesn't work because it removes the motivation to get up and work harder. If everyone gets the same amount of money whether they work hard or not, then everyone will do the minimum and the system collapses rapidly.

    To someone in the lower and middle class, the 1% seem like monsters out to destroy everything. The real reason people don't like the 1% is because they're the only ones that aren't slaves...I mean employees. What needs to be realized is that they're the ones that mak this world go 'round. Without them it would be over very quickly, so on a moral standpoint, yeah, I'd say they're great.
     
         

  19. #44
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Okay, here's the thing. Capitalism gives every individual a reason to work hard in hopes that one day they might, in some wild dream, become the 1% or at least be fabulously wealthy. This is why capitalism works, it motivates people to get up and do something. Someone who's unbelievably poor and basically living in hell might one day get tired of that and go out to do something. This is why you never give out unemployment.

    Democratic socialism does not work because it seeks to level the playing field. For some reason everyone believes that they can be a slave owner; but if everyone is a slave owner, then who will be the slaves? (Sorry, I keep forgetting, they call them "employees" now, silly me)

    Communism doesn't work because it removes the motivation to get up and work harder. If everyone gets the same amount of money whether they work hard or not, then everyone will do the minimum and the system collapses rapidly.

    To someone in the lower and middle class, the 1% seem like monsters out to destroy everything. The real reason people don't like the 1% is because they're the only ones that aren't slaves...I mean employees. What needs to be realized is that they're the ones that mak this world go 'round. Without them it would be over very quickly, so on a moral standpoint, yeah, I'd say they're great.
    +Rep dude!

    Wow... Supposedly i can't +Rep you but ok...

    Everything you said, i agree with!
     
         

  20. #45
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    +Rep dude!

    Wow... Supposedly i can't +Rep you but ok...

    Everything you said, i agree with!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Um... DaFuQ? Hell No...

    What you and OP don't seem to understand is that the "99ers" have more power than the "1%"... You can have all the money in the world you want, but there needs to be wheels that can drive your wealth, the "99ers" are that wheel...

    If only the "99ers" would educate themselves on how to exercise their power instead of being drones...

    If this whole thing is about helping others; Why not argue that the police use the money that is confiscated from drug bust and donate it to the less fortunate; Why force the fortunate to help the less fortunate?
    Sorry, you basically already said it. If we can't rep each other, then a high five will do:

     
         

  21. #46
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,647
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: A Q about morality

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Sorry, you basically already said it. If we can't rep each other, then a high five will do:

    I didn't break down the other forms of government though, which seems to be one of OP's problems...



     
         

  22. #47
    Academy Student Akothari94's Avatar
    Status
    Akothari94 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Global super-rich hide $21 trillion in tax havens

    sorry man..i didn't see that this theme is in general..and i was frustated on those who keep on posting those threads which were not related to naruto..so once again sorryyyy....
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •