Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

How do i reset passoword on vista and and how to make computer not ask for password.

I am using a windows vista sony can anyone tell me how to reset the password without actually going to the control panel and resetting it legally.Can you also tell me how to stop windows from asking for a password when hibernated.I am on the administrator account.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: How do i reset passoword on vista and and how to make computer not ask for passwo

Raxas1211 Don't go spamming

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

Re: How do i reset passoword on vista and and how to make computer not ask for passwo

Yes. One way to do it is going to an admin cmd, and typing "net user *username* *password"

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydd View Post
    Yes. One way to do it is going to an admin cmd, and typing "net user *username* *password"
    That does not help

Status
    Mar 2011
    V

If there is a password for the computer then it will always ask for the same after restarting from the hibernation mode.

Your best bet is to remove the password. Going through the control panel is the easiest way to do things if you are logged into the account.

TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Polar Bear Furrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    If there is a password for the computer then it will always ask for the same after restarting from the hibernation mode.

Your best bet is to remove the password. Going through the control panel is the easiest way to do things if you are logged into the account.
    If the above doesn't help you; Please refer to Google...

Google is alot more helpful...

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

To remove the need for password after hibernation:
    -Control Panel->System and Maintenance->Power Options.
    -Click on Change plan settings for your selected plan.
    -Click on Change advanced power settings.
    -Click on Change settings that are not currently available. Give permission to continue when User Account Control dialog pops up.
    -Find Additional settings. Expand it, then expand Request a password on wakeup
    -Change it to No, if it's for a laptop you have to do it for Battery and Plugged in.
    -Click Apply and then Ok.

Anyways to reset a lost password you'll need to enable the so called "super" admin account which is disabled/hidden by default on Vista or use a third party application. Why do you not want to reset a password legally? lol.

Last edited by lubricati0n; 07-29-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by lubricati0n View Post
    To remove the need for password after hibernation:
    -Control Panel->System and Maintenance->Power Options.
    -Click on Change plan settings for your selected plan.
    -Click on Change advanced power settings.
    -Click on Change settings that are not currently available. Give permission to continue when User Account Control dialog pops up.
    -Find Additional settings. Expand it, then expand Request a password on wakeup
    -Change it to No, if it's for a laptop you have to do it for Battery and Plugged in.
    -Click Apply and then Ok.

Anyways to reset a lost password you'll need to enable the so called "super" admin account which is disabled/hidden by default on Vista or use a third party application. Why do you not want to reset a password legally? lol.
    Thanks for the information and the answer to your question is classified i am not at liberty to say.

Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Thanks for the information and the answer to your question is classified i am not at liberty to say.
    Well I'm not sure you can actually reset a password "illegally". Unless you're doing it to someone else's machine.