Status
    Aug 2010
    1 Bar :)

My learners test study method

Guys, this post is for my purpose only (As bad as it sounds). I need to study for my learners (Driving exam), so im making this to quiz myself. If any of you other people have to study too, todays your lucky day haha. If I need to post this somewhere else, just tell me.

Im adding more all the time, the reason for THIS is because I failed on my first attempt, even though im a strong straight-A student.

--

Q: What should you do before entering your vehicle?
    A: Check for anything in your vehicle's path. Check your tires, and as well check for fluid leaks and other problems that may affect the safe operation of your vehicle.

Q: How far should you stop before a crosswalk without a stop line or walk line?
    A: 3 Metres (10 Feet)

Q: How early do you have to be in the proper turning lane before you turn?
    A: 15 Metres (50 Feet)

Q: How do you stop in an emergency with ABS brakes?
    A: Apply steady hard pressure to the brake pedal. If you DO NOT have ABS brakes, press firmly on the brake pedal JUST before the wheels lock. (Threshold Braking)

Q: When do you turn your headlights on?
    A: When you cannot see 150 metres (500 feet) clearly ahead of you.

Q: When do you use low beam headlights?
    A: When you are following a vehicle that is about 150 Metres ahead of you, or when you and an oncoming car are approaching each other.

Q: What should you do BEFORE winter starts?
    A: Have your behicle serviced. Check the battery, tires, exhaust system, windshield wiper, and heating system.

Q: Have the following emergency items in your car at all times:
    A: First Aid Kit, warning devices, booster cables, non-perishable food, spare tire, flashlight, tow rope, headlight replacement bulbs.

Q: What should you do after an accident on the road?
    A: Exchange information with people involved, record names and contact info, DO NOT discuss who was at fault, record time and other conditions, notify your insurance company. ALSO; you are required to get the police involved if: anyone has been injured, someone has been killed, if overall damage exceeds $2000, or if any public property has been damaged.

Q: What is the maximum speed you should go when passing an emergency vehicle?
    A: 60 km/h

Q: What is closest you can get while behind an emergency vehicle?
    A: 150 metres (500 feet)

Q: How far ahead should you look when driving?
    A: Urban area; 12-15 seconds ahead Rural area; 20-25 seconds ahead

Q: How often should you check your rear-view mirrors?
    A: Every 8-12 seconds

Q: Despite the two second rule, what is the minimum distance you must keep behind a larger vehicle?
    A: 4 seconds worth of distance

Q: What are things that decrease fuel efficiency?
    A: Every 10 km/h after 90 km/h: 10% | Rapid acceleration: 40% | Idling: Every 10 seconds wastes one third of a litre | Poor engine: 50% | Clogged air filter: 10% | Underinflated tires: 5% | Air conditioning: 10-25% in traffic, 3-4% on a highway

Q:

Last edited by TheGamaGamer; 08-02-2012 at 02:10 AM. Reason: More information

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: My learners test study method

school smarts have nothing to do with passing a 25 question permit test or passing the driving test. I would recommend downloading the driving manual from your state's DMV website and skimming over that for a bit before. I skimmed mine for about fifteen minutes and took the test and passed. It really depends on how lucky you are, 25 questions randomly selected from 1000+ possibilities. just hope you dont get the ones related to breaking the law and lscense suspensions, because nobody knows those.
    Just remember, logic is your best friend, and so is being ridiculously overly cautious.

Status
    Aug 2010
    1 Bar :)

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFINATOR View Post
    school smarts have nothing to do with passing a 25 question permit test or passing the driving test. I would recommend downloading the driving manual from your state's DMV website and skimming over that for a bit before. I skimmed mine for about fifteen minutes and took the test and passed. It really depends on how lucky you are, 25 questions randomly selected from 1000+ possibilities. just hope you dont get the ones related to breaking the law and lscense suspensions, because nobody knows those.
    Just remember, logic is your best friend, and so is being ridiculously overly cautious.
    Thanks for your input. I have done the practice test over 30 times, and have consistently gotten over 87%. I also have a physical manual, but I gues I didn't study THAT enough. I think it's the fact that I am overly cautious though... I was way too close to passing, but im OCD about studying for it now. I think 2 of the questions I failed had to do with the law though so haha. And also, I live in Canada (Alberta), and the tests are more difficult (Over 90% of full fledged non GDL drivers would fail the learners test, according to stats)

Last edited by TheGamaGamer; 08-02-2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: More info

Status
    Apr 2012
    In your dreams. Figuratively and literally.
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGamaGamer View Post
    Thanks for your input. I have done the practice test over 30 times, and have consistently gotten over 87%. I also have a physical manual, but I gues I didn't study THAT enough. I think it's the fact that I am overly cautious though... I was way too close to passing, but im OCD about studying for it now. I think 2 of the questions I failed had to do with the law though so haha. And also, I live in Canada (Alberta), and the tests are more difficult (Over 90% of full fledged non GDL drivers would fail the learners test, according to stats)
    Honestly, when I took the test I memorized everything in the entire book like you just did. When all they really ask you is how many months do you go to jail for this or what does this sign mean? (But I live in the states). Anyways, you were probably just nervous. Don't stress. You'll do fine.