Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Has technology reached its peak?

no..its just getting started

the things you consider "technology", such as PCs, Cell phones, cars etc are just the tip of the iceberg, in the last 10 years robotics has advanced incredible amounts, just look at the work horse robot the military uses to carry supplies into mountains, you cannot knock that thing over..even by kicking it with all your might it will not lose its balance

also there is a "humanoid" robot that has been slowly becoming impressive, currently it can jump, walk, stack items and identify words, shapes and understands a fairly large number of vocal commands

Geothermal technology is also advancing pretty quickly, along with Nano technology and fiber optic.

The things in your day to day life are nothing compared to whats been done so far, in 10-20 years I can easily see an "iHouse" type of setup similar to the Jetsons

Eventually, your bed get you up; your floor will take you to the shower; your shower will clean and dress you; you will be put into your car which will drive you to work and then your alarm clock will go off to wake you up

Last edited by Rot; 08-02-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    May I direct your attention to Moore's Law. As research and development continues, we are able to produce greater numbers of transistors onto circuits without greater increasing production costs. This is why we've seen such an improvement in computing.

Technological improvement is far from dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    BTW; What does laws have to do with technological development?
    Was that in regard to my comment? Moore's Law isn't a legal law. It refers to an observation that every few years the ability to put transistors onto circuits improves without greatly increasing costs of production.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's always been a lot of
    tension between Lois and me,
    and it's not so much that I
    want to kill her, it's just, I
    want her not to be alive
    anymore.' - Stewie Griffin

I'm still on the 5 years thing, A LOT has happened over the past 5 years, in fact every year there's something new and improved.

They made a mop with special fabric to make your floor more cleaner and shinier than ever, technically this is still technology advancing.

The weird thing is there are tablets that can replace meals and still give you more nutriets than a normal dish of food can.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)

technology isnt slowing down its advancing faster than ever

God of Wood O_O HashiramaDescendant's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    안녕하세요! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    no..its just getting started

the things you consider "technology", such as PCs, Cell phones, cars etc are just the tip of the iceberg, in the last 10 years robotics has advanced incredible amounts, just look at the work horse robot the military uses to carry supplies into mountains, you cannot knock that thing over..even by kicking it with all your might it will not lose its balance

also there is a "humanoid" robot that has been slowly becoming impressive, currently it can jump, walk, stack items and identify words, shapes and understands a fairly large number of vocal commands

Geothermal technology is also advancing pretty quickly, along with Nano technology and fiber optic.

The things in your day to day life are nothing compared to whats been done so far, in 10-20 years I can easily see an "iHouse" type of setup similar to the Jetsons

Eventually, your bed get you up; your floor will take you to the shower; your shower will clean and dress you; you will be put into your car which will drive you to work and then your alarm clock will go off to wake you up
    Sounds good. , +rep.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Don't make fun of Obito!
    He wanted to become Hokage! To
    me, he was the coolest
    guy!" - Naruto Uzumaki

let me finish my studies and you will see the improvement

Optimism at its best

TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Was that in regard to my comment? Moore's Law isn't a legal law. It refers to an observation that every few years the ability to put transistors onto circuits improves without greatly increasing costs of production.
    No it wasn't; I quoted the person whom my comments were directed towards...

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña

Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Developement is noticable everyday...Everytime something changes it is developing...

Its pretty hard not to notice the technological differences between 2010 and 2012; Unless you live under a rock...

BTW; What does laws have to do with technological development?
    In medicine, the ones agaisnt certain kind of Stem cell research.
    Besides, to develop technology is necesary certain amount of resources, big companies have them, but restricctions in market can inderectly affect develpment course.
    And, I do live under a rock. But I know that there will be no major advecements in flatscreens from a year to another. we'll get amzaed within 20 years, when looking back we'll notice how much things has changed. I mean, for ppl that does not research bout technology and is exposed mainly to cell phones and stuff, whithin that time will get its mind blown.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I'm Marquise. How are
    you?

That's like saying human imagination has a limit.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12