Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21
    Member
    Status
    Iruka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    609
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    May I direct your attention to Moore's Law. As research and development continues, we are able to produce greater numbers of transistors onto circuits without greater increasing production costs. This is why we've seen such an improvement in computing.

    Technological improvement is far from dead.
     
         

  2. #22
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,661
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermacaquecool View Post
    I know that all the time there's development in technology. I said all the development is more noticeable in a lapse of 20 years, cause a lot of things are put together within that time.
    Also, when it's something controversial it takes that time to society to accept it and create proper laws.
    Developement is noticable everyday...Everytime something changes it is developing...

    Its pretty hard not to notice the technological differences between 2010 and 2012; Unless you live under a rock...

    BTW; What does laws have to do with technological development?
     
         
    Last edited by ShishaMastah420; 08-02-2012 at 05:09 AM.

  3. #23
    Gon fishing crcdbz's Avatar
    Status
    crcdbz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    438
    Location
    In the game!
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    Seriously come on ever heard of nanotechnology. They are perfecting it now, microscopic robots for surgery and the like. Thats a pretty huge development
     
         

  4. #24
    completely whelmed ANBU Kakashi23's Avatar
    Status
    ANBU Kakashi23 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,820
    Location
    deadman's wonderland
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    were living in a more technological era so the advancements being made dont feel as significant as when we were coming into the era, but technology progresses at a fairly steady rate, i believe that computer chips, the facet of our technological society are updated to superior models every 2 weeks or so, just because were not flying around like the jetsons doesnt mean were not still progressing, keep in mind the government will most likely keep alot of advancements secret until they feel like giving said advancement public exposure and use like the internet
     
         

  5. #25
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    I think there will be new stuff, but it hasn't improved for a long time now since the invention of the telegraph. I know that sounds weird, but hear me out. The telegraph works with on and off. One and zero is what computers are still dealing with in code. Also, one and zero just so happens to mean on and off...just like a telegraph. The most exciting of newest technology, for me at least, is CUDA power. If you don't know what that is, I recommend looking it up; very intersting...but still just on and off sadly.
     
         

  6. #26
    Dark King d3v Rot's Avatar
    Status
    Rot is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    436
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    no..its just getting started

    the things you consider "technology", such as PCs, Cell phones, cars etc are just the tip of the iceberg, in the last 10 years robotics has advanced incredible amounts, just look at the work horse robot the military uses to carry supplies into mountains, you cannot knock that thing over..even by kicking it with all your might it will not lose its balance

    also there is a "humanoid" robot that has been slowly becoming impressive, currently it can jump, walk, stack items and identify words, shapes and understands a fairly large number of vocal commands

    Geothermal technology is also advancing pretty quickly, along with Nano technology and fiber optic.

    The things in your day to day life are nothing compared to whats been done so far, in 10-20 years I can easily see an "iHouse" type of setup similar to the Jetsons


    Eventually, your bed get you up; your floor will take you to the shower; your shower will clean and dress you; you will be put into your car which will drive you to work and then your alarm clock will go off to wake you up
     
         
    Last edited by Rot; 08-02-2012 at 07:06 AM.

  7. #27
    Member
    Status
    Iruka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    609
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    May I direct your attention to Moore's Law. As research and development continues, we are able to produce greater numbers of transistors onto circuits without greater increasing production costs. This is why we've seen such an improvement in computing.

    Technological improvement is far from dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    BTW; What does laws have to do with technological development?
    Was that in regard to my comment? Moore's Law isn't a legal law. It refers to an observation that every few years the ability to put transistors onto circuits improves without greatly increasing costs of production.
     
         

  8. #28
    NB's Number 1 Cam's Avatar
    Status
    Cam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,284
    Location
    Everywhere and Anywhere
    There's always been a lot of
    tension between Lois and me,
    and it's not so much that I
    want to kill her, it's just, I
    want her not to be alive
    anymore.' - Stewie Griffin
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    I'm still on the 5 years thing, A LOT has happened over the past 5 years, in fact every year there's something new and improved.

    They made a mop with special fabric to make your floor more cleaner and shinier than ever, technically this is still technology advancing.

    The weird thing is there are tablets that can replace meals and still give you more nutriets than a normal dish of food can.
     
         

  9. #29
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    :)
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    technology isnt slowing down its advancing faster than ever
     
         

  10. #30
    God of Wood O_O HashiramaDescendant's Avatar
    Status
    HashiramaDescendant is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,576
    Location
    Xyloid City with Hashirama
    안녕하세요! ^^
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    no..its just getting started

    the things you consider "technology", such as PCs, Cell phones, cars etc are just the tip of the iceberg, in the last 10 years robotics has advanced incredible amounts, just look at the work horse robot the military uses to carry supplies into mountains, you cannot knock that thing over..even by kicking it with all your might it will not lose its balance

    also there is a "humanoid" robot that has been slowly becoming impressive, currently it can jump, walk, stack items and identify words, shapes and understands a fairly large number of vocal commands

    Geothermal technology is also advancing pretty quickly, along with Nano technology and fiber optic.

    The things in your day to day life are nothing compared to whats been done so far, in 10-20 years I can easily see an "iHouse" type of setup similar to the Jetsons


    Eventually, your bed get you up; your floor will take you to the shower; your shower will clean and dress you; you will be put into your car which will drive you to work and then your alarm clock will go off to wake you up
    Sounds good. , +rep.
     
         

  11. #31
    रिवोलुशन Frikid's Avatar
    Status
    Frikid is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,574
    Location
    INDIA
    The user is enjoying the
    manga.
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    let me finish my studies and you will see the improvement

    Optimism at its best
     
         

  12. #32
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,661
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Was that in regard to my comment? Moore's Law isn't a legal law. It refers to an observation that every few years the ability to put transistors onto circuits improves without greatly increasing costs of production.
    No it wasn't; I quoted the person whom my comments were directed towards...
     
         

  13. #33
    Senior Member Supermacaquecool's Avatar
    Status
    Supermacaquecool is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,439
    Location
    Mexico city
    Ñañañañaña
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Developement is noticable everyday...Everytime something changes it is developing...

    Its pretty hard not to notice the technological differences between 2010 and 2012; Unless you live under a rock...

    BTW; What does laws have to do with technological development?
    In medicine, the ones agaisnt certain kind of Stem cell research.
    Besides, to develop technology is necesary certain amount of resources, big companies have them, but restricctions in market can inderectly affect develpment course.
    And, I do live under a rock. But I know that there will be no major advecements in flatscreens from a year to another. we'll get amzaed within 20 years, when looking back we'll notice how much things has changed. I mean, for ppl that does not research bout technology and is exposed mainly to cell phones and stuff, whithin that time will get its mind blown.
     
         

  14. #34
    ... Abysmal.'s Avatar
    Status
    Abysmal. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,006
    Location
    England
    Hello, I'm Marquise. How are
    you?
     

    Re: Has technology reached its peak?

    That's like saying human imagination has a limit.
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •