View Poll Results: ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 26.32%
  • No

    14 73.68%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. #1
    The terror of the universe Ultimate Badass's Avatar
    Status
    Ultimate Badass is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweet home ALABAMA
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    I think it should, evolution and science has no more proof than we have so why not teach both
     
         

  2. #2
    春風 - The Spring Breeze nj tandi's Avatar
    Status
    nj tandi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    I cannot currently divulge this information.
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Sorry,but what is intelligent design?
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member -S-'s Avatar
    Status
    -S- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Some people can't deal with what is already taught in schools, why mind**** them anymore?
     
         

  4. #4
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    ... sure, and why dont we stop producing electricity, shut down the web, burn scientific books ang go shoot James Watt at his grave before he starts the industrial revolution while were at it ...
     
         
    Last edited by North Kai; 08-03-2012 at 11:41 AM.

  5. #5
    §€X¥╘ΘvéR§ Gary777's Avatar
    Status
    Gary777 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    IN UR heart ♡ InDIa♡
    Posts
    3,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    When the road gets dark and
    you can no longer see let my
    love throw a spark have a
    little faith in me .
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    lolzz kids dont understand how a fruit grows teaching something any more complex than this for them is like :rofl: naruto giving examz to reach genin level
     
         

  6. #6
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by -S- View Post
    Some people can't deal with what is already taught in schools, why mind**** them anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary777 View Post
    lolzz kids dont understand how a fruit grows teaching something any more complex than this for them is like :rofl: naruto giving examz to reach genin level
    omg this is some ppls argument why not to put intelligent design in schools

    there are far better arguments why not to do it!
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member -S-'s Avatar
    Status
    -S- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    omg this is some ppls argument why not to put intelligent design in schools

    there are far better arguments why not to do it!
    Yes, actually these are good arguements my friend, it's like putting kids under pressure to learn something when they can't even add and subtract.
     
         

  8. #8
    上昇 Ninpou's Avatar
    Status
    Ninpou is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Science has alot more proof than intelegent design.
     
         

  9. #9
    Vacuist's Avatar
    Status
    Vacuist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Other World
    Posts
    40
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    omg this is some ppls argument why not to put intelligent design in schools

    there are far better arguments why not to do it!
    I agree, but most of them may not want to type out a concise reason as to why.
     
         

  10. #10
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by -S- View Post
    Yes, actually these are good arguements my friend, it's like putting kids under pressure to learn something when they can't even add and subtract.
    noone in my class had much trouble with mathematics, well except one, and most of us did well with evolution and the rest passed it as well

    as for the argument, how about: NO, because only like 200M still believe in an intelligent design around the world, it is a religious belief without any evidence and a institution of knowledge cant teach something that is based on a religious belief of a minority

    or

    no because it has no scientific proof whatsoever and is not open for discussion or change
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member Amanwithnoplan's Avatar
    Status
    Amanwithnoplan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    On the pavement thinking about the government.
    Posts
    2,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Can we also teach them that the Sun goes around the Earth? Cause that also has no evidence for it. Evolution has piles of evidence, and Intelligent design has none. It has no business anywhere near a science classroom.
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member -S-'s Avatar
    Status
    -S- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    noone in my class had much trouble with mathematics, well except one, and most of us did well with evolution and the rest passed it as well

    as for the argument, how about: NO, because only like 200M still believe in an intelligent design around the world, it is a religious belief without any evidence and a institution of knowledge cant teach something that is based on a religious belief of a minority

    or

    no because it has no scientific proof whatsoever and is not open for discussion or change
    Well, I was using that as an exaggerated example to clearly highlight the difficulties people would face juggling different concepts.
     
         

  13. #13
    春風 - The Spring Breeze nj tandi's Avatar
    Status
    nj tandi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    I cannot currently divulge this information.
    Posts
    789
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Ok,I read it up on Wikipedia and I say heck no.
    However,it is essential to impress on children that the evidence and principles of science are by no means set it in stone.They are constantly evolving as our knowledge and understanding increase.
    Still,I have,since I first heard of the concept,believed that the idea of all specializations being chance mutations is highly ludicrous,and is unable to account for complexity and high degree of specialisation of the biological world.
    This is now supported by the epigenome concept.
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member Anorien16's Avatar
    Status
    Anorien16 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,763
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Why dont we add lessons of Reincarnation, Flat Earth etc in schools too . . . they too have evidences.
    The Dalai Lama is always reincarnated and he is chosen when a child can speak about details of his supposed past life.

    /Sarcasm

    Evolution has evidences not proof as none has lived for a few thousand years after Darwin. So if there is any proof it will take some time to gather the support or totally overthrow the Theory of evolution.
     
         
    Last edited by Anorien16; 08-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.

  15. #15
    पागल आशिक Frikid's Avatar
    Status
    Frikid is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    5,129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for sensei :T_T:
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    look dude,

    i leave my home at for school 7 AM and come home to 7 PM. (i get one hour time to relax in between)
    Education in India is Pathetic, Here teachers don't know how to teach properly, and education is just a businessmen,

    All my classmates are burdened with studies and so am I, you may have not reached high school level, because if you reach it , you will know how tough it gets...
    And along side, it also gets interesting

    And we enjoy learning new difficult stuff, actually i am the only one to enjoy it...

    Honestly , i don't think increasing course in studies would do any help.

    And with constantly improving technology, the education levels are increasing day by day,

    10 years ago , kids were not taught, what we are taught right now,
    and this will be the same for next generation...

    the day will comes soon when a normal child of 10 years could do math calculations, what a 15 year old do...!
     
         

  16. #16
    Member DevonV's Avatar
    Status
    DevonV is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Hell no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
         

  17. #17
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Thought? No No...

    Taught...

    Technically it is already taught in school, if your learning what your supposed to in school; The skills you have acquired should enable you to understand Intelligent Design....

    Intelligent Design as a subject in a whole cannot be taught in schools due to lack of substantial information on the subject...
     
         

  18. #18
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    I think it should be thought...I also think it should be taught too. In fact, we should throw out evolution because there's no scientific proof for it and put something in that does have proof for those with eyes.
     
         

  19. #19
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I think it should be thought...I also think it should be taught too. In fact, we should throw out evolution because there's no scientific proof for it and put something in that does have proof for those with eyes.
    evolution has much evidence

    intelligent design has 0 evidence

    ... fact
     
         

  20. #20
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    evolution has much evidence

    intelligent design has 0 evidence

    ... fact
    From your point of view maybe...
     
         

  21. #21
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    From your point of view maybe...
    there is plenty of evidence on the web about evolution

    would you care to share the evidence for intelligent design that is relevant?
     
         

  22. #22
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I think it should be thought...I also think it should be taught too. In fact, we should throw out evolution because there's no scientific proof for it and put something in that does have proof for those with eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    evolution has much evidence

    intelligent design has 0 evidence

    ... fact
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    From your point of view maybe...

    Quote Originally Posted by North Kai View Post
    there is plenty of evidence on the web about evolution

    would you care to share the evidence for intelligent design that is relevant?

    Obvious Troll...


    Why do you fall for it?
     
         

  23. #23
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Obvious Troll...


    Why do you fall for it?
    Shisha my man, that's not nice. I never troll, it's a waste of my time. What I'm saying is that from one point of veiw, evolution has proof of its theory and Intelligent Design doesn't. From another point of veiw, Intelligent Design has proof of its theory and atheistic evolution doesn't. What's trolling about that? I'm just trying to get people to think outside the box and see more than just what they want to see. If that is trolling...then yeah, I must be a big fat troll because that's all I ever do.
     
         

  24. #24
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Shisha my man, that's not nice. I never troll, it's a waste of my time. What I'm saying is that from one point of veiw, evolution has proof of its theory and Intelligent Design doesn't. From another point of veiw, Intelligent Design has proof of its theory and atheistic evolution doesn't. What's trolling about that? I'm just trying to get people to think outside the box and see more than just what they want to see. If that is trolling...then yeah, I must be a big fat troll because that's all I ever do.
    Lmaoo... Yup you're a troll!

    You're that one guy that goes to Subway with excatly 5 dollars, buy a Footlong and then when the price rings up to $7.12, Say; "The sign says 5 Dollar Footlongs, i only brought 5 Dollars"

    Then again, that might be what i did yesterday...
     
         
    Last edited by ShishaMastah420; 08-03-2012 at 11:09 PM.

  25. #25
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Lmaoo... Yup you're a troll!

    You're that one guy that goes to Subway with excatly 5 dollars, buy a Footlong and then when the price rings up to $7.12, Say; "The sign says 5 Dollar Footlongs, i only brought 5 Dollars"

    Then again, that might be what i did yesterday...
    I've actually never done that. Of course, I don't like subway anymore. :D

    Seriously though, am I unreasonable for stating that? Is trying to get people to think outside the box really such a crime?

    I have nothing against atheism, mostly because it's none of my business what someone believes. Believe in the FSM for all I care. I've seen both sides, and was turning to atheism myself until something happened.

    Also, Intelligent Design doesn't rule out evolution, merely suggests on that point that something in control started it...it doesn't cast it aside entirely, but I don't believe in that.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •