View Poll Results: ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 26.32%
  • No

    14 73.68%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 48 of 48
  1. #26
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    I've actually never done that. Of course, I don't like subway anymore. :D

    Seriously though, am I unreasonable for stating that? Is trying to get people to think outside the box really such a crime?

    I have nothing against atheism, mostly because it's none of my business what someone believes. Believe in the FSM for all I care. I've seen both sides, and was turning to atheism myself until something happened.

    Also, Intelligent Design doesn't rule out evolution, merely suggests on that point that something in control started it...it doesn't cast it aside entirely, but I don't believe in that.
    You don't like subway? O>O!

    Of-course you aren't wrong; What you did is kinda of bait-ish though, without restraint one could easily jump at it senselessly, such as; North Kai...
     
         

  2. #27
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    such as; North Kai...
    I didnt really get what you meant by that
     
         

  3. #28
    Member Fujin's Avatar
    Status
    Fujin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    I think it has no place in a science classroom, considering its lack of scientific proof. Darwin's theory has the most evidence to support it at the moment, so that is what should be taught. Of course if something else with more comes along, it should replace it (seemingly unlikely at this stage). If people wish to teach intelligent design, it should be a religious education class, as long as it is not false represented as science. Anyone who wishes it to be taught as a valid scientific theory has no respect for the scientific process.
     
         

  4. #29
    Banned
    Status
    zatamaiko is offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Because its been proven to be wrong and its just science based on religion.Whenever you have a science manipulated and changed to fit a religion its invalidated.
     
         

  5. #30
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    You don't like subway? O>O!

    Of-course you aren't wrong; What you did is kinda of bait-ish though, without restraint one could easily jump at it senselessly, such as; North Kai...
    Okay, maybe that's my style, but I don't mean to bait, bro. My intentions are pure; I only wish to make people think. Last I checked that's not a crime.

    I really respect your opinion, and though I'm theist and you're atheist, I still consider you a friend. I couldn't care less about what someone believes; I care more about being mates (as my Aussie friends would say ).
     
         

  6. #31
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Okay, maybe that's my style, but I don't mean to bait, bro. My intentions are pure; I only wish to make people think. Last I checked that's not a crime.

    I really respect your opinion, and though I'm theist and you're atheist, I still consider you a friend. I couldn't care less about what someone believes; I care more about being mates (as my Aussie friends would say ).

    Here is a funny bit of information about me, the Athiest; Majority of the people I hang out with are theist, belonging to either Islam or Judiasm; A bit of a hypocrite aren't I?

    Anywhoooa.. Cheers Mate!
     
         

  7. #32
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Here is a funny bit of information about me, the Athiest; Majority of the people I hang out with are theist, belonging to either Islam or Judiasm; A bit of a hypocrite aren't I?

    Anywhoooa.. Cheers Mate!
    Well, I'm neither Jewish, Islamic, Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, etc. I'm a Natsarim. (it means watchman; we guard the name of the Creator and the Covenant.)

    Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion; I'm not the judge...that's for sure.

    OT: So why is it that atheist...such as yourself ShishaMastah...so opposed to Intelligent Design? I'm curious to know actually; I'm halfway thinking that it's hypocritical for an atheist to think there's a problem with it...
     
         

  8. #33
    The Doctor's Avatar
    Status
    The Doctor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12,935
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Intelligent design brings up religion, and that is a big problem for ANY school. When you mention an intelligent designer, an all powerful creator, everyone's thought process won't be the same. Some children will think of Yahweh, some will think of Vishnu, and some Ra, and so on and so forth. Children will start asking questions regarding who the all powerful designer is, and if the teacher gives any sort of answer other than, "I don't know," it'll spark a big controversy about a teacher trying to push his or her religious beliefs on the children.

    Evolution is pretty streamline. It's easily taught, and there's no controversy to be had. Evolution certainly doesn't DISPROVE anyone's God, nor does it show evidence for a God.
    It certainly DOES have quite a bit of evidence supporting it, the fossil record certainly shows evidence for it. If you want recent evidence, you could look at Homo Floresiensis.



    If anyone is willing to show me any sort of evidence of intelligent design without using the words "irreducibly complex" I'd like to see it.

    Reverting back to the central topic of the thread, I believe that teaching intelligent design in schools would cause too much controversy.
     
         

  9. #34
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Intelligent design brings up religion, and that is a big problem for ANY school. When you mention an intelligent designer, an all powerful creator, everyone's thought process won't be the same. Some children will think of Yahweh, some will think of Vishnu, and some Ra, and so on and so forth. Children will start asking questions regarding who the all powerful designer is, and if the teacher gives any sort of answer other than, "I don't know," it'll spark a big controversy about a teacher trying to push his or her religious beliefs on the children.

    Evolution is pretty streamline. It's easily taught, and there's no controversy to be had. Evolution certainly doesn't DISPROVE anyone's God, nor does it show evidence for a God.
    It certainly DOES have quite a bit of evidence supporting it, the fossil record certainly shows evidence for it. If you want recent evidence, you could look at Homo Floresiensis.



    If anyone is willing to show me any sort of evidence of intelligent design without using the words "irreducibly complex" I'd like to see it.

    Reverting back to the central topic of the thread, I believe that teaching intelligent design in schools would cause too much controversy.
    See, ShishaMastah? What did I tell you? Complete disregard for another person's point of veiw...folly on its face.
     
         

  10. #35
    The Doctor's Avatar
    Status
    The Doctor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12,935
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    See, ShishaMastah? What did I tell you? Complete disregard for another person's point of veiw...folly on its face.
    You've failed to give your point of view. o_o

    By all means, show me any sort of evidence that you seem to have that shows proof of intelligent design. o_o I'm certainly not saying it's impossible, and I'm not saying you or anyone else in this thread is wrong.

    Earlier you said, "What I'm saying is that from one point of veiw, evolution has proof of its theory and Intelligent Design doesn't. From another point of veiw, Intelligent Design has proof of its theory and atheistic evolution doesn't."

    I'm not saying there isn't evidence for intelligent design. I'm just asking for it.
     
         

  11. #36
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    You've failed to give your point of view. o_o

    By all means, show me any sort of evidence that you seem to have that shows proof of intelligent design. o_o I'm certainly not saying it's impossible, and I'm not saying you or anyone else in this thread is wrong.

    Earlier you said, "What I'm saying is that from one point of veiw, evolution has proof of its theory and Intelligent Design doesn't. From another point of veiw, Intelligent Design has proof of its theory and atheistic evolution doesn't."

    I'm not saying there isn't evidence for intelligent design. I'm just asking for it.
    There's tons of it, more than I could possible even dig through. Look it up yourself, Answers in Genisis is an awesome one...there's also lots of encounters with paranormal activity...true, most of it is false, but some is still real.

    Oh, and I wasn't responding to you really, rather my man Shisha.
     
         

  12. #37
    The Doctor's Avatar
    Status
    The Doctor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12,935
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    There's tons of it, more than I could possible even dig through. Look it up yourself, Answers in Genisis is an awesome one...there's also lots of encounters with paranormal activity...true, most of it is false, but some is still real.

    Oh, and I wasn't responding to you really, rather my man Shisha.
    Would you mind showing me some evidence? I'm not asking you to show me the entire mountain, just something. Also, just a piece of advice, referencing the bible in an argument doesn't really hold up. Not because it's subject matter isn't true or false, but because not everyone believes in it. ^^
     
         

  13. #38
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Would you mind showing me some evidence? I'm not asking you to show me the entire mountain, just something. Also, just a piece of advice, referencing the bible in an argument doesn't really hold up. Not because it's subject matter isn't true or false, but because not everyone believes in it. ^^
    Okay, take the geological column. A Creation scientist, like the ones that are discredited at Answers in Genisis, would use the "geological column" as proof of a world wide flood, not evolution. However, seeing it in that way requires one to think outside the box...something I need proof of an atheist being able to do. It's all based on one's point of veiw. One man's trash is another man's treasure...that sort of thing.
     
         

  14. #39
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Well, I'm neither Jewish, Islamic, Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, etc. I'm a Natsarim. (it means watchman; we guard the name of the Creator and the Covenant.)

    Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion; I'm not the judge...that's for sure.

    OT: So why is it that atheist...such as yourself ShishaMastah...so opposed to Intelligent Design? I'm curious to know actually; I'm halfway thinking that it's hypocritical for an atheist to think there's a problem with it...
    Natsarim? Never heard of that; Will be doing a bit of researching...

    Well; I'm not necessarily completely against Intelligent Design but to say something was designed by someone else means someone else designed that someone else....

    Its like A created B; what created A?

    If A can(is necessary to) spontaneously create B; What spontaneously created A?...

    Why if A has no intelligent designer is it so hard to grasped that B could have no intelligent designer?


    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    See, ShishaMastah? What did I tell you? Complete disregard for another person's point of veiw...folly on its face.
    It is easier to speak on Evolution than on Intelligent Design; From his stand point atleast; He did use relatively neutral words, till the end bit;
    If anyone is willing to show me any sort of evidence of intelligent design without using the words "irreducibly complex" I'd like to see it.
     
         
    Last edited by ShishaMastah420; 08-04-2012 at 04:19 PM.

  15. #40
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Posts
    6,022
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShishaMastah420 View Post
    Natsarim? Never heard of that; Will be doing a bit of researching...

    Well; I'm not necessarily completely against Intelligent Design but to say something was designed by someone else means someone else designed that someone else....

    Its like A created B; what created A?

    If A can(is necessary to) spontaneously create B; What spontaneously created A?...

    Why if A has no intelligent designer is it so hard to grasped that B could have no intelligent designer?




    It is easier to speak on Evolution than on Intelligent Design; From his stand point atleast; He did use relatively neutral words, till the end bit;
    Right, but evolution without a creator has the same problem. Look up "A Universe from Nothing", the dude explains how stuff is popping in and out of existance...but it's never explained as to where it's coming from, how it's creating itself, etc. So the whole thing is just shoving the answer further back so it's harder to answer...making the theory (which it's still a theory mind you) seem sound by making the next question more difficult.

    In I.D. the Creator did not have to be created...He was always there...hence his name which mean "I was, I am and I will always be".
     
         

  16. #41
    Dark King d3v Rot's Avatar
    Status
    Rot is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by nj tandi View Post
    Ok,I read it up on Wikipedia and I say heck no.
    However,it is essential to impress on children that the evidence and principles of science are by no means set it in stone.They are constantly evolving as our knowledge and understanding increase.
    Still,I have,since I first heard of the concept,believed that the idea of all specializations being chance mutations is highly ludicrous,and is unable to account for complexity and high degree of specialisation of the biological world.
    This is now supported by the epigenome concept.
    Its not chance..its natural selection, evolution is affected by surroundings, its not random at all. This is the reason if you go to a mountain village you have trouble breathing while the people who live there do not, its small changes over time that get passed down to offspring and eventually become dominant trait, its the same reason some Crocodiles can go into fresh or salt water while others who were never around salt water cannot..same applies to certain fish, they breed in rivers but migrate to the ocean, the change doesn't bother them because there ancestors had to deal with it or die off and natural selection gave them the tools to deal with it while other species under the same pressure died off

    Cheetah and Antelope are the best example imo, the cheetah is considered the fastest land animal on the planet, the antelope is considered the most agile land animal on the planet, sometimes the cheetah catches the antelope, sometimes the antelope escapes from the cheetah, why do you think this is ? its not random at all, as the cheetah progressed to catch the antelope; the antelope progressed to out maneuver the cheetah, the cheetah might be faster but the antelope can change direction better and the cheetah goes in burst while the antelope has better stamina

    Whats the odds of both of these animals being in the same area and gaining such abilities that counter each other randomly ? Nothing random about evolution


    With that being said, Intelligent design has no business in an educational facility, there is no evidence for intelligent design while there is evidence for evolution, ID says the earth is 6,000 years old...Science has already proven its far older then that; Fossils
     
         

  17. #42
    King Kai North Kai's Avatar
    Status
    North Kai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    ok lets have a competition

    country A: only teaches all the normal stuff in schools + everything related to science and NOTHING related to religion

    country B: normall stuff in school + everything related to religion and the Bible and NOTHING related to science in any way

    which country comes out on top?
     
         

  18. #43
    Senior Member Anorien16's Avatar
    Status
    Anorien16 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Right, but evolution without a creator has the same problem. Look up "A Universe from Nothing", the dude explains how stuff is popping in and out of existance...but it's never explained as to where it's coming from, how it's creating itself, etc. So the whole thing is just shoving the answer further back so it's harder to answer...making the theory (which it's still a theory mind you) seem sound by making the next question more difficult.

    In I.D. the Creator did not have to be created...He was always there...hence his name which mean "I was, I am and I will always be".
    Well your wrong there, if anyone actually ever read the Big Bang they would know that there was not 'something from nothing' scenario, but rather one something to many something scenerio . . . it say that the material world was concentrated in a single point and that thing expanded but never says from where the matter/energy originated. Also according to the Law of Conservation of Mass/energy, mass or energy can neither be created nor be destroyed only be converted from one form to another . . . . so much like God, mass/energy is supposed to be eternal.

    Another thing Evolutionists has nothing to do with either cosmology or geology . . . so keep people to their proper place.

    And that dude is actually right: some sub atomic particles do pop in and out of existence but not without any rules . . . its either Annihilation (matter to energy) or Matter Creation (Energy to matter) or some similar events that cause these.

    Also truth is often enough stranger than fiction, just because its difficult to understand does not mean its impossible. But honestly speaking how many people understands how a plane flies or a computer works? they all are difficult theories but are they untrue?
     
         
    Last edited by Anorien16; 08-04-2012 at 06:48 PM.

  19. #44
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Posts
    4,363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Right, but evolution without a creator has the same problem. Look up "A Universe from Nothing", the dude explains how stuff is popping in and out of existance...but it's never explained as to where it's coming from, how it's creating itself, etc. So the whole thing is just shoving the answer further back so it's harder to answer...making the theory (which it's still a theory mind you) seem sound by making the next question more difficult.

    In I.D. the Creator did not have to be created...He was always there...hence his name which mean "I was, I am and I will always be".
    Evolution doesn't propose the idea of whom created; Simply what happened to the created....

    I.D, IMO, makes no sense...

    Intelligent Design uses the Watchmaker analogy(The argument states that design implies a designer) and applies it to large scale; The Universe.

    Well for something/someone to have created something with such a complex design as a Human being this implies that the creator itself/himself/herself must be on a greater level of complexity; Complexity which does not deter our own universal set of logic but bend them; Going by this the Creator must have a Creator...Because since were too complex to evolve into being then our Creator is way too complex to just poof into being...

    One of the fundamental laws of the universe is that every action has a reaction; Intelligent Design proposes the idea that there was a Reaction without an Action...Then this reaction caused an Action...
     
         
    Last edited by ShishaMastah420; 08-04-2012 at 06:59 PM.

  20. #45
    Dark King d3v Rot's Avatar
    Status
    Rot is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    436
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anorien16 View Post
    Well your wrong there, if anyone actually ever read the Big Bang they would know that there was not 'something from nothing' scenario, but rather one something to many something scenerio . . . it say that the material world was concentrated in a single point and that thing expanded but never says from where the matter/energy originated. Also according to the Law of Conservation of Mass/energy, mass or energy can neither be created nor be destroyed only be converted from one form to another . . . . so much like God, mass/energy is supposed to be eternal.

    Another thing Evolutionists has nothing to do with either cosmology or geology . . . so keep people to their proper place.

    And that dude is actually right: some sub atomic particles do pop in and out of existence but not without any rules . . . its either Annihilation (matter to energy) or Matter Creation (Energy to matter) or some similar events that cause these.

    Also truth is often enough stranger than fiction, just because its difficult to understand does not mean its impossible. But honestly speaking how many people understands how a plane flies or a computer works? they all are difficult theories but are they untrue?

    Hawkins theory on universe bubbles is a nice theory on the atoms that pop in and out of existence, he just takes it to a much larger scale, stating that universes pop in and out of existence kind of like a boiling pot of water's bubbles, its just much much larger scale and lasts alot longer, we essentially know the universe is constantly expanding, like a bubble..what happens when it reaches the limit of its expansion..POP! and then repeats

    The sub atomic particles that do this follow rules as you said, what we don't know is where they go when they disappear and what makes them return, do they go into another universe or dimension or do they just convert into "dark matter" and then recombine ?
     
         

  21. #46
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Right, but evolution without a creator has the same problem. Look up "A Universe from Nothing", the dude explains how stuff is popping in and out of existance...but it's never explained as to where it's coming from, how it's creating itself, etc. So the whole thing is just shoving the answer further back so it's harder to answer...making the theory (which it's still a theory mind you) seem sound by making the next question more difficult.

    In I.D. the Creator did not have to be created...He was always there...hence his name which mean "I was, I am and I will always be".
    http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm
    First row second from the left It's named '.........!'
    Imma just copy paste it. Better safe than sorry:

    Empty your mind. We’re about to take a BIG leap into the future. Not just a lousy few billions of years, but 10 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 years!

    One ‘googol’ years, is the official word for that number. It’s the current age of the Universe, one billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion billion times over. Squeeze the entire history of our Universe into the thickness of a dollar bill, and one googol years would give you a pile of money that reaches one hundred quadrillion quadrillion quadrillion quadrillion light years high. It wouldn’t even fit in our Universe.

    One googol years. That’s truly staggering. Beyond anything a human can comprehend.

    First, let’s fast-forward to the not-so-awfully-far future. For the coming billions of years, scientists predict quite a ride. The Sun will explode, the Milky Way will slam into another galaxy. The Cosmos might collapse, or get torn apart -- scientists can’t seem to decide yet which is more likely. And even if the Universe doesn’t do that, we’re destined to face a weird and horrible crisis, which involves us spending our lifetime as sleeping robots.

    The problem is that the Universe gets bigger and cooler. Ever since the Big Bang, it expands, much like an expanding ball of fire after an explosion. Right now, the Universe is still young. It has these cute stars and twinkling galaxies. But in the long run, that will change. Slowly but inevitably, the Universe will empty itself.

    Big Nothing: Eventually, the Universe will become a dark, sterile place

    First, the galaxies will fly out of sight, beyond the horizon of what we can possibly see. Next, the stars in our own galaxy will burn out, one after the other. The only thing that will remain, is a dull graveyard of cold planets, dead suns and black holes. In about one hundred trillion years, the Milky Way will go black, astronomers expect.

    And eventually, even this graveyard decays. One after the other, the dead stars and planets are eaten by black holes, or kicked out of the Milky Way by collisions. Astronomers expect that in one hundred to one thousand billion billion years, our galaxy has dissolved completely.

    Time goes on. After a while (more trillions of years) something else will kick in. You’ll notice that even the very stuff nature is made of, isn’t stable. A proton, the particle you’ll find in the core of atoms, has an average lifetime of 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 years. Wait long enough, and it will suddenly vanish. Poof, gone. The same goes for light particles, the so-called ‘photons’. They’re expected to last a few zero’s longer, but in the end, they too will kick the bucket, one after the other. Isn’t that just bizarre? The light will go out, literally.

    The last thing that survives, are the black holes. But in the end, they too will vanish. They will evaporate in a puff of radiation.

    So there we are, at our unimaginable one googol years. Finally, the Universe is totally and utterly empty. You won’t see any light or spot any planet -- in fact, you won’t even find the tiniest speck of dust. The Universe has sterilized itself. All there is left, is emptiness, and darkness. Total oblivion. And worst of all: there’s nothing we can do to stop it. We can build fancy machines or futuristic devices all we like -- but in the end, they’ll all get kicked out of existence, when the matter they are made of simply vanishes.

    So there you have it: infinity. Booooring, we must add.

    But don’t sob. There’s an upside.

    As the quadrillions of years pass by, something very odd should happen. In eternity, even the rarest events get a chance to occur. Weird, bizarre phenomena that only happen once in a zillion years or so, become quite normal.

    For example: the nothingness should yield a few surprises. Already, physicists know that in a vacuum, there are sometimes tiny little energy ‘blobs’. Little, random fluctuations of the so-called ‘quantum vacuum’. Out of nowhere, tiny particles pop in and out of existence. But theory predicts that on very, VERY rare occasions, the fluctuations should be a bit larger. Out of nowhere, an entire atom might appear! Or hey, the vacuum may even spit out a few of them!

    Think of it like the static on TV. Wait long enough, and out of the random fuzz, a recognizable image might materialize. Wait REALLY long, and one day a complete episode of The Bold And The Beautiful should accidentally show up!

    In the Universe, this should give some really surprising results. With eternity at hand, the vacuum should begin to yield all kinds of objects. Incoherent lumps of random garbage, most of the time. But on very, very rare occasions, you’ll see other objects popping into existence. The Eiffel tower. A purple camel. A golden parking garage filled with chocolate Cadillacs. Napoleon Bonaparte sitting next to Mike Tyson on top of a stack of comic books. As the googols of years pass by, it’s all there.

    In the VERY, VERY, VERY long run, the vacuum will even belch up complete planets, and beautiful stars, burning and all. Theoretically the vacuum should even churn out a complete solar system one day, identical to ours, with a planet Earth inhabited by people. "In an infinite amount of time, one day, I will reappear", as physicist Katherine Freese of Michigan University once put it. "An crazy thought, but true."

    One day the black nothingness should even produce a new Big Bang. Admittedly, we’ll have wait really long for it to happen. Researchers of the University of Chicago once tried to calculate it. And according to their best estimates, it should happen somewhere over the next 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 years. That’s a one with 1056 zero’s. You can count them, if you like.

    (http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm)
     
         

  22. #47
    Senior Member Anorien16's Avatar
    Status
    Anorien16 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Hawkins theory on universe bubbles is a nice theory on the atoms that pop in and out of existence, he just takes it to a much larger scale, stating that universes pop in and out of existence kind of like a boiling pot of water's bubbles, its just much much larger scale and lasts alot longer, we essentially know the universe is constantly expanding, like a bubble..what happens when it reaches the limit of its expansion..POP! and then repeats

    The sub atomic particles that do this follow rules as you said, what we don't know is where they go when they disappear and what makes them return, do they go into another universe or dimension or do they just convert into "dark matter" and then recombine ?
    Honestly man I m not Hawkins level so i dont have anything to say, but only observation of matter popping in and out of existence that i know of are Annihilation and Matter creation . . . and we actually do know what happens in those two events, they get inter converted: Matter to energy and vice varsha. Cosmolgy is a new science and its gonna take time to develop . . . thats what CERN is trying to do i guess.
     
         

  23. #48
    Member JeanstersRMB's Avatar
    Status
    JeanstersRMB is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a world full of shinobis :D
    Posts
    521
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should Intelligent Design Be Thought In Schools?

    depends
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •