*tries to wait patiently*

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

Re: Keotsu Sensei teaches me Doton

Quote Originally Posted by Sydd View Post
    *tries to wait patiently*
    *Walks up with a slip of paper in my hand.*

Alright, since I believe we're starting from scratch for your training, let's begin.

First, tell me a few things about Doton (Earth) both as a real-world substance, and in relation to the other elements in the Naruto universe.

Don't use a wiki; just show me what you know.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

Earth is used to refer to the name of our planet; and to the land found on it. In this case, we are talking about the land. Without any earth, there wouldn't be any trees. Hence it is one of the basic necessities for life to exist on the planet.

In the Naruto-verse, earth affinity is one of the five basic nature affinities which allow the user to control the near by earth; it can be manipulated into mud or rock. It is strong against Lightning, and weak against Water.

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

Earth is used to refer to the name of our planet; and to the land found on it. In this case, we are talking about the land. Without any earth, there wouldn't be any trees. Hence it is one of the basic necessities for life to exist on the planet.

In the Naruto-verse, earth affinity is one of the five basic nature affinities which allow the user to control the near by earth; it can be manipulated into mud or rock. It is strong against Lightning, and weak against Water.
    Very good, except for that last part; Earth is strong against Water and weak against Lightning. This is because Lightning has the ability to cause the molecular bonds of Doton jutsu to vibrate apart, and that the sturdiness of Earth makes it difficult to wash away Doton jutsu with Suiton ones.

Now, can you think of some aspects of Earth that would be useful to apply to your Chakra, if you were wanting to make it mimic that material?

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

If I were to mimic earth, its sturdy nature should make my chakra focus quite better. It is hard and strong so I presume mimicking it with chakra should increase my body strength too.

Also, I apologise for the mistake about earth's strengths and weaknesses. It was but my ignorance

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

If I were to mimic earth, its sturdy nature should make my chakra focus quite better. It is hard and strong so I presume mimicking it with chakra should increase my body strength too.

Also, I apologise for the mistake about earth's strengths and weaknesses. It was but my ignorance
    That's spot on. ^_^ Another quality is malleability, or the ability to be shaped into something after using force.

With this in mind...

*Hands you a slip of paper.*

Focus your chakra into that, while training to imbue your chakra with the mentioned properties. Once done completely, your chakra will be Doton element, and the paper will crumble into dust.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

*Channeling my chakra through the slip of paper, I focus on the attributes Earth has. Hardness, sturdiness, strength, its malleability, those are the properties racing through my mind. I feel a sudden softness in the paper and abruptly, it crumbles to dust*

How was that?

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

*Channeling my chakra through the slip of paper, I focus on the attributes Earth has. Hardness, sturdiness, strength, its malleability, those are the properties racing through my mind. I feel a sudden softness in the paper and abruptly, it crumbles to dust*

How was that?
    Nice. ^_^

We begin with the principle Doton jutsu.

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique

Type: Attack/Defence
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth.

Requiring no handseals, and being preformed simply by focusing your chakra into the earth, infusing a section of it with said chakra, and then propelling it into the air with the shape you give it via manipulation, this technique is actually useful throughout your entire RP career, and is commonly used by even experienced RPers.

It can be used to quickly create pillars beneath your feet to launch you in a certain direction, out of harms way, allowing you to both avoid techniques quickly, and to conserve chakra; the usefulness of this jutsu is determined by you, and how you chose to use it.

Give it a shot. ^_^

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

*I focus my chakra into a segment of the nearby earth, mold it into a pillar with my chakra as it springs up beside me*

Was that done properly?

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

*I focus my chakra into a segment of the nearby earth, mold it into a pillar with my chakra as it springs up beside me*

Was that done properly?
    Indeed it was. ^_^

Next is:

Next is:

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.

*Creates a tunnel in the ground.*

This is a...well, a rather useless technique, because no one in this RP is going to let you go underground without keeping tabs on you.

This jutsu works simply: while underground, you'll coat your hands with Doton chakra, and then use your chakra covered hands to easily burst through the ground underneath your opponent; pulling down as you leap up, you'll cause the ground to cave in around your opponent, trapping them, and leaving only their neck and head above ground.

*Creates a Mud clone.*

Give it a shot; use the tunnel I made.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

*goes into the tunnel created by you* *coats hands with Doton chakra* *when finally sure where the mud clone is, collapses the ground underneath the clone and pulls down its body while leaping above as the land around it gives in and the clone gets trapped leaving it's head and neck above the ground* *focusing my chakra into a segment of the nearby earth, I mold it into a blunt sharp knife like object and start slicing the clone's cheeks as it turns back to mud*
    Aww, I forgot it was a clone. And here I was thinking I'd have fun torturing it...

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

*goes into the tunnel created by you* *coats hands with Doton chakra* *when finally sure where the mud clone is, collapses the ground underneath the clone and pulls down its body while leaping above as the land around it gives in and the clone gets trapped leaving it's head and neck above the ground* *focusing my chakra into a segment of the nearby earth, I mold it into a blunt sharp knife like object and start slicing the clone's cheeks as it turns back to mud*
    Aww, I forgot it was a clone. And here I was thinking I'd have fun torturing it...
    That was well done.

Next is:

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
    Type: Supplementary/Offense
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

A jutsu just like the first, in my opinion, only more specialized; you'll simply form a spear within the ground (or several, depending on the variant you use), and use your chakra to propel them up to the surface, and into the air, or your hand.

Useful for creating a weapon, I suppose, but it's not something you can't do with the first jutsu; the only part not replicate-able with Doton no Jutsu is the massive shot version.

Give it a shot.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

*concentrating my chakra onto a particular part of the ground, I visualize a spear, and make the newly formed weapon spring up from the ground to my hand*

I guess this jutsu would be handy if there were multiple opponents.

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

*concentrating my chakra onto a particular part of the ground, I visualize a spear, and make the newly formed weapon spring up from the ground to my hand*

I guess this jutsu would be handy if there were multiple opponents.
    Perhaps, were it not so easily countered.

Anyway, next is:

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
    Type: Offense
    Range: Mid/Long
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

A very powerful technique that only requires one handseal. By focusing your chakra into various points around the opponent, you'll cause slabs of earth to erupt from the ground, which you'll then guide with your chakra to try and crush your opponent. Lots of combo potential with this one.

Give it a go.

And...sorry to do this, but if you want to seek out another Sensei (though, I'd still require you drop training with me), I'd understand, as I don't think my response speed is going to increase.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

*focusing my chakra into various parts of the ground around you, I perform the Rat hand seal and start manipulating the earth into slabs as the slabs erupt from the ground, quickly guiding them towards you*

What sort of combos are talking about here?

Yay, C-rank! :3
    The speed's fine, at least for me. ^_^

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

*focusing my chakra into various parts of the ground around you, I perform the Rat hand seal and start manipulating the earth into slabs as the slabs erupt from the ground, quickly guiding them towards you*

What sort of combos are talking about here?

Yay, C-rank! :3
    The speed's fine, at least for me. ^_^
    *Uses Nagashi.* Well, the most common way to "avoid" this justu is to go airborne. We'll learn a lot of other Doton jutsu to take care of that. Or, if they do like I just did, and use an Lightning technique, you try and flood the feel around them, with something like Gushing Water Imprisonment.

Anyway, next is:

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.

I feel this jutsu is inferior defensively to Underground Fish Projection, but tactically, it has its advantages. Specifically, that you can actually do something while underground, as you're in a tunnel, and not fused with the Earth.

Using this technique, by focusing Doton chakra into your entire body, you'll "push" the earth around you of the way, creating a small cavity that you occupy. Because of this, once you move through the earth, it reverts to its original position after you pass through.

It's still a quick justu (though not as fast as UFP), and useful as you can sense what goes on at the surface through vibrations.

Give it a go.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

Quote Originally Posted by KeotsuEclipse View Post
    *Uses Nagashi.* Well, the most common way to "avoid" this justu is to go airborne. We'll learn a lot of other Doton jutsu to take care of that. Or, if they do like I just did, and use an Lightning technique, you try and flood the feel around them, with something like Gushing Water Imprisonment.

Anyway, next is:

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.

I feel this jutsu is inferior defensively to Underground Fish Projection, but tactically, it has its advantages. Specifically, that you can actually do something while underground, as you're in a tunnel, and not fused with the Earth.

Using this technique, by focusing Doton chakra into your entire body, you'll "push" the earth around you of the way, creating a small cavity that you occupy. Because of this, once you move through the earth, it reverts to its original position after you pass through.

It's still a quick justu (though not as fast as UFP), and useful as you can sense what goes on at the surface through vibrations.

Give it a go.
    I didn't get the water reference, but I understood the rest.

*channeling chakra into the earth right below me, I mold it into fine sand, and start digging into the earth * *digs around under the earth for some time* *comes out*

Couldn't I use Double Suicide Decapitation Technique with this?

Last edited by Sydd; 09-24-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Just a lonely drifter...

As Keotsus sempai i will be taking over your training, understood?

Status
    Nov 2011
    Fuw. Wat r u doing. Fuw.
    STAHP!

Yes, I am now already aware of that ^^

Status
    Sep 2011
    Just a lonely drifter...

ok, ready to get started?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last»