God of Wood O_O HashiramaDescendant's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    안녕하세요! ^^

Re: Victims of racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
    It depends on the situation...

Best choice often is to ignore it in general.

If Directed at You and:

---If you're with a group of friends and having a conversation act like you didn't hear it until you or they have passed by. If its not in passing and was intended to interrupt you and has interrupted you and others heard look at them questioningly as if you were thinking "Why did you interrupt us?" but not in an aggressive way, then get back to the conversation as if the content of what he/she said was of no consequence, change the subject if you can, but not if you don't have to, it may unsettle your group somewhat if it seems you are changing the topic after such an interruption.

If your alone and so is He/She stare them down for a moment, then disengage and walk away, unless the person is prone to violence or seems violent and you are equal to or lower in stature than he/she in that case do the same as below.

If they're in a group and you are alone and it is passing walk by, if they approach you shake your head slightly then look away and think of something else... I usually think of the current mysteries in Naruto or One Piece.
    Thanks for the advice. It's very helpful. :D

God of Wood O_O HashiramaDescendant's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    안녕하세요! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxic View Post

Yeah, it can get messy and annoying. I let them talk all they want, but if they put their hands on me then it's on.
    But I do think that everyone can be racist, it's not just one race. I know some racist ppl in my own race and it's not something nice but it's on them.

I'm proud of who I am but I do wish I was Japanese, nothing wrong with that you know. I admire their culture a lot and as people, what's not to admire about Japanese?
    I'm really honored by your love for Japanese culture. :D
    However, Hispanic culture is just as beautiful, if not more.
    I agree that there are racists in every race and not just one. Sadly, some people don't realize that we're just different breeds of the same species, like dogs. .

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NERP

It may or may not be racism, but a few years ago, my hair was really red. It's brown now, but back then, I couldn't go a day without someone telling me "you have no soul" or something stupid like that.

It all passed after my hair darkened and I went to High School though.

Page 9 of 9 « First ... 56789