FEAR THE GENTLE FIST The Demonic Kazekage's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im bored

The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse

Does anyone know who these figures are and what there purpose is,cuz i want to talk to someone about it,and if you dont know what i am talking about,ill be happy to educate
    and i will be talking about the version of the horseman i learned about

The four Horseman are powerful beings that will be summoned to earth when the Seven Seals are broken,to smite the wicked,whether they be Sons of Men,Angels of Heaven,or Demons of Hell

The Seven Seals are Seals that hold the Three Kingdoms together
    The Kingdom of Heaven
    The Kingdom of Hell
    And The Kingdom of Man

And when the Seals are shattered,The Four Horsemen will be called onto earth

The Rider of the White Horse,known as Conquest,is to be unleashed when the First Seal is Opened
    I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
    The Rider of the Red Horse,known as War,is to be unleashed when the Second Seal is Open
    When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come and see!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.
    The Rider of the Black Horse,known as Famine or Pestilence,is to be unleashed when the Third Seal is Opened
    When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
    And finally,The Rider of the Pale Horse,known as Death,is to be unleashed when the Fourth Seal is Opened
    When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come and see!" I looked and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
    Prophetic interpretation

Many Christians interpret the horsemen as a prophecy of a future Tribulation,[8] in which many will die. The Four Horsemen are the first in a series of "Seal" judgements. This is when God will judge the Earth, and is giving the World a chance to repent before they die. (Most of the world will die at this point, the population will go by fourths. First a fourth will die, then a fourth of the remaining three fourths, and etc.)
    Preterist interpretation

Most modern scholars interpret Revelation from a preterist point of view, arguing that its prophecy and imagery apply only to the events of the first century of Christian history.[12] In this school of thought, Conquest, the white horse's rider, is sometimes identified as a symbol of Parthian forces: Conquest carries a bow, and the Parthian Empire was at that time known for its mounted warriors and their skill with bow and arrow.[3][12] Parthians were also particularly associated with white horses.[3] Some scholars specifically point to Vologases I, a Parthian shah who clashed with the Roman Empire and won one significant battle in 62 AD.[3][12]

Revelation's historical context may also influence the depiction of the black horse and its rider, Famine. In 92 AD, the Roman emperor Domitian attempted to curb excessive growth of grapevines and encourage grain cultivation instead, but there was major popular backlash against this effort, and it was abandoned. Famine's mission to make wheat and barley scarce but "hurt not the oil and the wine" could be an allusion to this episode.[12][16] The red horse and its rider, who take peace from the earth, might represent the prevalence of civil strife at the time Revelation was written; internecine conflict ran rampant in the Roman Empire during and just prior to the 1st century AD.[3][12]

Each new century, Christian interpreters see ways in which the horsemen, and Revelation in general, speaks to contemporary events. Some who believe Revelation applies to modern times can interpret the horses based on various ways their colours are used.[20] Red, for example, often represents Communism, the white horse and rider with a crown representing Catholicism, Black has been used as a symbol of Capitalism, while Green represents the rise of Islam. Pastor Irvin Baxter Jr. of Endtime Ministries espouses such a belief.[21]

Some equate the four horsemen with the angels of the four winds.[22] (See Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, and Uriel, angels often associated with four cardinal directions)
    Pestilence, War, Famine, and Death

This interpretation replaces Conquest with Pestilence (i.e. infectious disease), and is used as the basis for many uses of the Four Horsemen concept in popular culture. In Brian Stableford's The A to Z of Fantasy Literature, for example, the Horsemen are listed as Famine, Pestilence, War, and Death.[23]

The origins and justification of the name "Pestilence" as a distinct Horseman are unclear, though some translations of the Bible do mention "plague" (e.g. the NIV) or "pestilence" (e.g. the RSV) in connection with the fourth, Pale horse (see above).

Vicente Blasco Ibáñez, in his 1916 novel The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (filmed in 1921 and in 1962), provides an early example of this interpretation, writing "The horseman on the white horse was clad in a showy and barbarous attire. [...] While his horse continued galloping, he was bending his bow in order to spread pestilence abroad. At his back swung the brass quiver filled with poisoned arrows, containing the germs of all diseases."[24]

done
    what do you think?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    안녕하세요! ^^

Re: The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse

You should probably check a religion forum. I've heard of the four horsemen, but not enough to discuss properly of the matter.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    muchanime-verykpop.tumblr.com

Read Revelations in the Bible it will explain their purposes much better trust me its my favorite Chapter

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im bored

if this is not the right area to post this type of thread can a moderater move it to that area

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #uknowimakeufeelsometypeofway

your on point with the theory... but what is your questions convern the matter?

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time

this reminds me of Darksiders.....

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im bored

Quote Originally Posted by zoezoe View Post
    your on point with the theory... but what is your questions convern the matter?
    i wanted to have a serious conversation with someone on the subject

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im bored

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha seeker View Post
    this reminds me of Darksiders..... wait r u talking about Darksiders?
    no im not,but i am a fan of the series,i knew about the horseman before those games came out

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take Me Home, To The place, I
    belong, West Virginia,
    Mountain Momma

wow dude that's deep

The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Hehehe...the Four Horsemen, eh? Well, there's some speculation as to what they are, but they might not actually be real...it might just be that they're metaphors for certain events, plagues or some sort of catastrophe, like maybe a war for example. Some even believe that at least one has already been unleashed quite a while ago; possibly even Hitler's campaign was one, or something even further back. These are theories and nobody truly knows.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swaggeroni

I'm not a Bible person, as people know.
    But I have a big interest in the Four Horseman, The Seven Deadly Sins and The Seven Heavenly Virtues.

❁ Springtime of Youth ❁ sweetyhearty89's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i knew them when i watched the supernatural series :D lol

Member Kurama The Kitsune Demon's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Currently under my bed being friends with the monster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Frozen Coke Addict

The first bit u got from darksiders 1. The second u got from the Bible and the third u got from Google/wiki. What did u write urself and if u really want to know read the Bible revelation in the new testament

astral plane shawwtyy Invincible's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

4 horseman of the apocalypse = Vatican, Freemasons, zionists, jesuits there ya go

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many hyprocrites on
    Narutobase

the 4 horsemen are just lame only meant to serve one purposed

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    :)