Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Senior Member Mugiwara's Avatar
    Status
    Mugiwara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fishman Island
    Posts
    13,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Itachis grin

    I was playing naruto shippuuden ultimate 4, and defeated itachi as in the anime, and noticed the smile on his when he was hit by narutos rasengan.


    later in the manga you learn that itachi was really a great guy ;D and when he talked to naruto he showed that he cared for both sasuke and konoha.

    When he saw how much stronger naruto had gotten, he understood that naruto would be able to bring sasuke back sometime and that konoha had someone that could protect it, thats why he smiled, he was satisfied.

    Thats what i think :D
     
         

  2. #2
    Member UnknowNinjaName's Avatar
    Status
    UnknowNinjaName is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    that was not real itachi... he smiled cuz he tricked them...
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mugiwara's Avatar
    Status
    Mugiwara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fishman Island
    Posts
    13,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by UnknowNinjaName View Post
    that was not real itachi... he smiled cuz he tricked them...
    Why did you think i made this thread, everyone know it was because of that, but i thought it had a deeper meaning.
     
         

  4. #4
    Member UnknowNinjaName's Avatar
    Status
    UnknowNinjaName is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    well maybe it has deeper meaning everything has sometimes ... just like i was thinking about this when kisame said to itachi that there body cant be too cold... read it....

    Naruto 353 page 001 | One Manga
     
         

  5. #5
    Member FlashKID124's Avatar
    Status
    FlashKID124 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by UnknowNinjaName View Post
    well maybe it has deeper meaning everything has sometimes ... just like i was thinking about this when kisame said to itachi that there body cant be too cold... read it....

    Naruto 353 page 001 | One Manga
    hes not talking about himself or itachi.. hes talking about the jinchuuriki that they just captured.. because he needs the jinchuuriki alive..
     
         

  6. #6
    Member UnknowNinjaName's Avatar
    Status
    UnknowNinjaName is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashKID124 View Post
    hes not talking about himself or itachi.. hes talking about the jinchuuriki that they just captured.. because he needs the jinchuuriki alive..
    yes but thats why i said i was thinking same thing he is thinking for smile now ...
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Mugiwara's Avatar
    Status
    Mugiwara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fishman Island
    Posts
    13,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by UnknowNinjaName View Post
    well maybe it has deeper meaning everything has sometimes ... just like i was thinking about this when kisame said to itachi that there body cant be too cold... read it....

    Naruto 353 page 001 | One Manga
    why is there a deeper meaning in that? hes just saying because the 4th jinchuriki is badly hurt, and in addition if he becomes cold, he'll prolly die, there nothing more to it.
     
         

  8. #8
    Member UnknowNinjaName's Avatar
    Status
    UnknowNinjaName is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    984
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by Namikaze Naruto View Post
    why is there a deeper meaning in that? hes just saying because the 4th jinchuriki is badly hurt, and in addition if he becomes cold, he'll prolly die, there nothing more to it.
    whats deeper meaning in smile??? could be evil smile or just a smile.... idk what did you see in that smile its not even smile its kind smirk, or just itachi coughing blood ...
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member Mugiwara's Avatar
    Status
    Mugiwara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fishman Island
    Posts
    13,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by UnknowNinjaName View Post
    whats deeper meaning in smile??? could be evil smile or just a smile.... idk what did you see in that smile its not even smile its kind smirk, or just itachi coughing blood ...
    itachi isnt evil, and he wouldnt be smiling for no reason, he was prolly acknowledging that naruto had become strong.
     
         

  10. #10
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Posts
    11,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dead
     



    Re: Itachis grin

    Yeah, but wasn't that Itachi a fake? Remember when they found out that that wasn't the real Itachi and just some guy posing as him.
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member Mugiwara's Avatar
    Status
    Mugiwara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fishman Island
    Posts
    13,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    Yeah, but wasn't that Itachi a fake? Remember when they found out that that wasn't the real Itachi and just some guy posing as him.
    still, itachi was controlling him, it was like a special kind of bunshin, he just didnt die from a finger poke like narutos bunshins do. remember he could use itachis techs? like MS genjutsu thingy.
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member Ryuusaki's Avatar
    Status
    Ryuusaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    The guy that was infused with Itachis power wasn't conscious, why else would Itachi comment something like "He's gotten stronger" on Narutos fighting? And besides, those small hints were there to speculate around before his true identity was revealed, now you can go back and confirm them, because they are indeed hints regarding the true Itachi.

    Namikaze is right, it has a meaning. I think Itachi regards Naruto as the person who has to represent him in the fashion he'd want to be hadn't it been for the circumstances.
     
         

  13. #13
    Senior Member Mugiwara's Avatar
    Status
    Mugiwara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fishman Island
    Posts
    13,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuusaki View Post
    The guy that was infused with Itachis power wasn't conscious, why else would Itachi comment something like "He's gotten stronger" on Narutos fighting? And besides, those small hints were there to speculate around before his true identity was revealed, now you can go back and confirm them, because they are indeed hints regarding the true Itachi.

    Namikaze is right, it has a meaning. I think Itachi regards Naruto as the person who has to represent him in the fashion he'd want to be hadn't it been for the circumstances.
    Thank you! Thats exactly what i wanted to get to
    He wanted to be like naruto, being acknowledged by the villagers and protect konoha, not being caught in the middle of coup d'etat problems and stuff.
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member Ryuusaki's Avatar
    Status
    Ryuusaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by Namikaze Naruto View Post
    Thank you! Thats exactly what i wanted to get to
    He wanted to be like naruto, being acknowledged by the villagers and protect konoha, not being caught in the middle of coup d'etat problems and stuff.
    I was aiming more to how Naruto would represent him as a brother to Sasuke but same shit, yeah. ^_^
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member Mugiwara's Avatar
    Status
    Mugiwara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Fishman Island
    Posts
    13,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuusaki View Post
    I was aiming more to how Naruto would represent him as a brother to Sasuke but same shit, yeah. ^_^
    When naruto said that hes a better brother to sasuke than itachi was to itachi, first itachi was like "....." then he smiled a little there too
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member Ryuusaki's Avatar
    Status
    Ryuusaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by Namikaze Naruto View Post
    When naruto said that hes a better brother to sasuke than itachi was to itachi, first itachi was like "....." then he smiled a little there too
    Had to keep his mask up. Think he trusts Naruto to do what he may not due to the aforementioned circumstances.
     
         

  17. #17
    ANBU raymond349's Avatar
    Status
    raymond349 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by Namikaze Naruto View Post
    I was playing naruto shippuuden ultimate 4, and defeated itachi as in the anime, and noticed the smile on his when he was hit by narutos rasengan.


    later in the manga you learn that itachi was really a great guy ;D and when he talked to naruto he showed that he cared for both sasuke and konoha.

    When he saw how much stronger naruto had gotten, he understood that naruto would be able to bring sasuke back sometime and that konoha had someone that could protect it, thats why he smiled, he was satisfied.

    Thats what i think :D
    I acknowledge your idea! i think itachi was thinking that. He confronted the team by himself is not to capture naruto but to test him both in power and determination - first power (the rasengan), then genjutsu (see if he recognized) then later see his reaction when sasuke, sakura grew out of his body ~_~!
     
         
    Last edited by raymond349; 07-01-2009 at 07:48 AM.

  18. #18
    Member FiveManRasengan's Avatar
    Status
    FiveManRasengan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    I wrote about this a long time ago.

    Itachi had Naruto as an backup plan for sasuke i guess.

    Remember when sasori asked Itachi about narutos powers, he only said that he yells and screams when he knew about rasengan.
    He wanted him to live.
     
         

  19. #19
    Member Imouto's Avatar
    Status
    Imouto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    I think this is a really great point. I'll admit, Itachi had me tricked, and I was stunned when I heard that killing his family was a mission. (whether that is truth or just a way to twist sasuke's mind is another topic)

    I despise what Sasuke did, and his character in general, but am all for Naruto being a part of Itachi's back up plan to get Sasuke back to the villiage and working for the good again instead of continuing his rampage of revenge.
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    eyesofthekyuubi44 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A-Town, MI
    Posts
    3,466
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    Quote Originally Posted by Namikaze Naruto View Post
    I was playing naruto shippuuden ultimate 4, and defeated itachi as in the anime, and noticed the smile on his when he was hit by narutos rasengan.


    later in the manga you learn that itachi was really a great guy ;D and when he talked to naruto he showed that he cared for both sasuke and konoha.

    When he saw how much stronger naruto had gotten, he understood that naruto would be able to bring sasuke back sometime and that konoha had someone that could protect it, thats why he smiled, he was satisfied.
    Thats what i think :D[/QUOTE]

    He's also grinning here. This is after seeing Naruto's determination to bring Sasuke back.
     
         
    Last edited by eyesofthekyuubi44; 07-02-2009 at 12:26 AM.

  21. #21
    shinobi senpai ssanimo's Avatar
    Status
    ssanimo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Six Feet South of Hell
    Posts
    760
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Itachis grin

    wow not tryin to be an a-hole but i thought this was common knowledge:confused::confused:
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •