Status
    Jun 2009
    Konohagakure, Hidden Leaf Village, Fire Country
    This girl is on Fire! <3

Slug Magic: Tsunade

So I came across this blog/essay which is full of theories about what Tsunade is really capable of. I find it very substantial and convincing given all the facts the writer laid down. I won't put all the information here, just those related with the recent chapter and how can Tsunade survive from being cut into half. Let's start.

First, everyone knows that the characters of the Legendary Sannins were based on the Japanse myth 'The Tale of Jiraiya the Gallant' where Toad, Snake and Slug magic were used by the main characters. In Kishi's manga, Toad and Snake magic has been portrayed by J-Man (Toad Sage Mode) and Oro (Hydra Technique), with that, we can safely assume that if Kishi's sticking up to this folklore, Tsunade will have her own Sage mode.

In the mythology, Slug magic lets you turn into a snail. Another story of note is the Sazae-Oni, a legendary monster in myth. It is said to take on the form of a woman pretending to be drowning before it turns into a massive snail/crustacean thingy. If you attempted to mate with her, she’d castrate you and you’d have to barter to get what you’d lost back. The most interesting part here is that it is a giant snail that takes the form of a woman.

Slugs in real life have the ability to self-amputate and reform lost body parts, something that comes in handy when fighting off a predator you just can’t win against.

Slug’s very anatomies lead to some interesting conclusion about what slug mode may give her the ability to do. She may have some sort of clone technique. I say this because Creation Rebirth is said to restore any damage or lost limbs and slugs have to ability to auto-amputate parts of their body to escape an attack. The combined may lead to a sort of asexual reproduction, or perhaps just a showing of a really high-level medical ninjutsu where Tsunade grows back arms and legs. This can be a reason of how she can survive being cut in half and Kishi is showing it.

Then there’s the possibility of a shell. Just like Sasuke shed his skin and transformed from snake to hawk, so too, Tsunade might build a chamber of some sort to transform from slug to snail. This shell may not come in the form of a giant spiral on her back, but may be malleable and provide a solid defensive technique.

This brings me to the similarities between her and characters from myths, legends, stories, and religions. Sazae-Oni seems to resemble a theoretical slug-mode Tsunade highly, being a beautiful woman that transforms into a giant mollusk. This giant also barters for goods (using stolen ones as leverage) and Tsunade is shown to be quite fond of money and gambling.

Nu Gua, the Snail Woman, or the Holy Snail is also another character of note. Her appearance is described and resembles a description of the alleged slug mode. She also has an affinity to water with her rainbows, further strengthening the idea that Tsuande might have a water affinity and further corroborating the connection between her and this goddess.

So Frog-Toad, Snake-Dragon, Slug-Snail. Go Discuss

Status
    This user has no status.

Re: Slug Magic: Tsunade

Do you know? Tsunade has a badass Slug sage mode that can turn the tide of the war. She didn't use it when Pain wiped out Leaf village. She didn't use it when Madara cut her in half. She is only gonna use it when Madara is gone and four other Kages were already raped. For the sake of ultimate epicness, right? Oh it surely seems legit.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

This tops a typical theory anyday. +rep

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Definitely like this idea. It is a very interesting thought that is very plausible. Also, I don't want Tsunade to die so I hope you're right

p.s. +rep

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

I like the thread, let's just have our fingers crossed

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

You put a lot more thought into this than other threads. This makes me think that there might actually be a slug sage. + rep

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

yes. plus rep.

Status
    Jul 2008
    -

shes probably just gonna die after saving the others she already escaped death when pain attacked konoha its now time for her to join jiraiya >_>

Status
    Jun 2012
    Bleh

Very well done! I hope Tsunade is like Jiriyah and just doesnt want to go into that slug/snail sage mode bc it will make her look disgusting. We all know she is really vain considering she uses her medical jutsu to basically be her own plastic surgeon. So I dont find it hard to believe that she would avoid using that jutsu. I dont think it makes sense for Tsunade to die without having taught Sakura that jutsu she used while fighting madara and mitotic regeneration... or has she already taught Sakura these??? Tsunade also needs to live bc Naruto is not intelligent enough to be Hokage yet and I dont know if Kakashi is gonna survive this Madara Obito battle.

The only option is for Tsunade to survive and reveal her maximum strength and abilities.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Japanese mythology has been a major influence in the naming/explaining of many things in the narutoverse, so im willing to put money on your theory. well done

Status
    May 2009
    This user has no status.

I don't think kishi would let Tsunade turn into something without boobs. Even tho the theory is awesome.

But I think this is it for Tsunade, she is taking her final stand as a medical ninja and as what a great leader would do If she knew she has enough chakra for them all, she would heal herself first. Dan just said to her: "Do not come to the other side anytime soon, you have still things to do". And she does! I always thought her ultimate goal was to experience her loved ones dream finally come true, and this last time, putting her faith in Naruto, after Dan and Nawakis death, where they weren't able to achieve the dream to become the hokage.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Too busy being Immortal

Oh My God! It's all I have to say !! ... o and a +rep to bring my hopes back.
    Also, there's people pushing Kishimoto like the editors who don't want such a tragic death in order to make Naruto Hokage because if Naruto turns into Hokage that would be the very end of the manga because that's his main purpose since the very begining and Kishimoto himself said that the story ends with Naruto as a Hokage.
    So, I hope Kishi receives a call like this and change his mind, lolz

Last edited by Slug Princess; 09-12-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

Wow, that was really a nice reading!
    That explains how Creation Rebirth is the technique that can reconstruct organs. Just like slugs regrow those parts after fighting an opponent that dangerous.

OMG, that's really cool! +rep

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

She should die and madara did a good job on her

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Very good research into the mythological origins of the Sannin. Not sure this will actually happen, but it's certainly possible, given Kishi and co's obvious love of integrating Japanese mythology into the storyline.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

I am still hoping he keeps that promise he made before the war thing, that non-major character will die and all of them will fight to defeat Madara.

Status
    Jun 2009
    Konohagakure, Hidden Leaf Village, Fire Country
    This girl is on Fire! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Taluannhan View Post
    Do you know? Tsunade has a badass Slug sage mode that can turn the tide of the war. She didn't use it when Pain wiped out Leaf village. She didn't use it when Madara cut her in half. She is only gonna use it when Madara is gone and four other Kages were already raped. For the sake of ultimate epicness, right? Oh it surely seems legit.
    Hold on right there. You know firsthand that she's a medical ninja right? Having said that, I think she used another mode during the Pain Invasion which is 'SUPPORT MODE', isn't it that's what it is called? I made myself clearl with all of my posts here in NB that considering the other two Sage modes which are used offensively, we are headed to a conclusion that hers might be too but more focused on medical stuff.

With that, using Slug mode during the Pain Invasion would make her in offensive mode and fight 6 paths of Pain which I think is a bad strategy considering Tsunade has to deal with one path at a time while the other paths roam around and kill people. (considering we don't know what abilities Slug Mode has, but it should have slug affinities). What she did was way better, gathering intel, coordinating her shinobi, putting up a chanel of communication via Katsuyu while still be able to help and heal the wounded. More strategic I suppose.

Oh, during the time she was cut in half? Hmm, the fight isn't over yet, isn't it? I have a question too, why did we see Byugako only in this fight? Why would she summon Katsuyu just now? Her forehead seal is still intact, Slug Sage Mode isn't too late to pull off dearie.

Oh wait, did you know that Katsuyu can split herself up? Her name itself means splits. There you know what it is. Ciao. Hihihi

Last edited by Tsunade Senju; 09-13-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Status
    Mar 2011
    ★ the premium fairy xD

This is a fantastic theory. Very well thought out, plausible, and just...woah. xD
    +rep for you! ^_^

Status
    Feb 2009
    This user has no status.

AWeseom thread once again none of this obito BS
    If thats the case feel wee need to see more of raikage A if tsunde is going to do something then she should bring back As arm as well and give them chakra boosts major.....ononki should die leaving the secret to kekkai tota too Kitchui and he should be yondaime tsuchikage .....

ϕ Final Getsuga Tenshou ϕ Xaviour's Avatar
    Status
    Martial Arts FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Taluannhan View Post
    ...lmfao