Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Indomitable Spirit kam's Avatar
    Status
    kam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    18,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Alot of people say Messi is the best of all time. Even high status people say he's the best.
    In my opinion he is one of the best footballers of all time. He is not better than footballers like Maradona, Pele, and Zidane because they have won the World cup for there country and individually in my opinion they are better. Also it was much more of a struggle to play football when Maradona and Pele played because of the pitch etc.

    Do you agree?
     
         

  2. #2
    Member alex413x's Avatar
    Status
    alex413x is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    Alot of people say Messi is the best of all time. Even high status people say he's the best.
    In my opinion he is one of the best footballers of all time. He is not better than footballers like Maradona, Pele, and Zidane because they have won the World cup for there country and individually in my opinion they are better. Also it was much more of a struggle to play football when Maradona and Pele played because of the pitch etc.

    Do you agree?
    I don't know if Messi is the greatest football player in the world, or better than Zidane, Maradona or Pele but it's not his fault not winning a World cup for his country.
    It doesn't matter how good you are, your team must have other good players to have results. He can't do everything by himself, and my oppinion is that the national team of Argentina, nowadays, it's not so good.
    He isn't Madara to take an entire battlefield by himself. He don't have sharingan either....(oups I'm offtopic)
     
         

  3. #3
    Indomitable Spirit kam's Avatar
    Status
    kam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    18,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by alex413x View Post
    I don't know if Messi is the greatest football player in the world, or better than Zidane, Maradona or Pele but it's not his fault not winning a World cup for his country.
    It doesn't matter how good you are, your team must have other good players to have results. He can't do everything by himself, and my oppinion is that the national team of Argentina, nowadays, it's not so good.
    He isn't Madara to take an entire battlefield by himself. He don't have sharingan either....(oups I'm offtopic)
    Yh but Maradona made Argentina win the World cup by himself because he was truely comitted to his national side. The Argentina squad may not be as good as before but it's still a great side. They have still got great players like Tevez, Aguero, Di Maria. It's just there defence is not that good Messi has all the good players next to him for bringing victory for Argentina but I still don't think Messi is truly committed to the national side thats why I don't think he will bring Argentina World cup glory. Why i say he's not full committed to the club because when Barcelona got knocked out by Chelsea in the Champions league semi-final Messi started crying but in the South Africa World cup when Argentina got knocked out he didn't cry at all so you tell me what does that say?
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member narutokage99's Avatar
    Status
    narutokage99 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    |¯x¯|
    Posts
    1,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Messi is good but not as good as Zidane.
     
         

  5. #5
    Indomitable Spirit kam's Avatar
    Status
    kam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    18,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by narutokage99 View Post
    Messi is good but not as good as Zidane.
    I agree.
     
         

  6. #6
    Member Karyuu No's Avatar
    Status
    Karyuu No is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Best right now though.
     
         

  7. #7
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    Posts
    8,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    He's gonna surpass almost every footballers' in terms of stats and accolades in some years.
    At this rate, in terms of glory and numbers, he'll be second to none in 4-5 years. But quite frankly, we cannot compare players who didn't play in the same era. Unfortunately, many persons keep doing this through stats-argument; which is far from reliable.

    So, I do think he isn't the greatest of all time. That mainly, because I don't rate player on their stats and no. of accolades only. I do assess different other factors - attitude, individuality, collectivity, technical abilities, leading abilities ect...
     
         

  8. #8
    Bear fights can be grizzly saaaaaadpanda's Avatar
    Status
    saaaaaadpanda is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    A panda eats, shoots, and
    leaves.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time


    Jerry Rice is the greatest football player of all time. Trolololololololo... American humor.
     
         

  9. #9
    Venus's Avatar
    Status
    Venus is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    長い白い雲の土地
    Posts
    17,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    私は歩くとき、私は一
    人で歩く。私が戦うと
    き、私は一人で戦う。
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    Alot of people say Messi is the best of all time. Even high status people say he's the best.
    In my opinion he is one of the best footballers of all time. He is not better than footballers like Maradona, Pele, and Zidane because they have won the World cup for there country and individually in my opinion they are better. Also it was much more of a struggle to play football when Maradona and Pele played because of the pitch etc.

    Do you agree?
    It is only your opinion.
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Shin Kaito's Avatar
    Status
    Shin Kaito is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sitting on the floor =D
    Posts
    8,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought i knew what to do!
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    best player of his time .. not all time .. imo ronaldinho was a better dribbler in his prime.
     
         

  11. #11
    Great One karol the don's Avatar
    Status
    karol the don is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,691
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dragon of Dojima
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    there is a huge difference where he does play i mean at barca hes like a super skiller couse of the support of iniesta and xavi but when u see him on his national team argentina he is not playing like a worldclass footballer,he is still good but not the best out there ronaldo is better for me cuz he can also score with his forhead goals and messi can't do that well cuz his size is like a dwarf
     
         

  12. #12
    Gilda's Avatar
    Status
    Gilda is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    No man's land
    Posts
    3,498
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    The only argument you guys have is that he hasn't won the World Cup with Argentina. I'm curious to know, what would your next argument be if he wins the World Cup?
     
         

  13. #13
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    Posts
    8,291
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilda View Post
    The only argument you guys have is that he hasn't won the World Cup with Argentina. I'm curious to know, what would your next argument be if he wins the World Cup?
    No, my problems is not that as I explained. Anyway, if he wins World Cup with Argentina, he'll inch very close to being the best of all time; perhaps yes and perhaps no due to certain other factors. However, if he is World Champion, I'll rate him higher than Maradona.
     
         

  14. #14
    Més que un club ReLax -'s Avatar
    Status
    ReLax - is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Cruyff, Platini and Maradona are all better attacking midfielders than Zidane.

    As far as Messi being the best goes? Well he still has a good 7-10 years left, so will see, but at the rate he's going now, he will be the among the best ever. Cruyff and Platini have never won the WC, but any "real" football fan will tell you these guys can arguable be among the top 5, if not top 10 best footballers of all times. Cruyff is one who can arguable even challenge for top 3.

    Messi is also praised and/or hailed as the best by not only countrymen/club mates, but rivals the likes of Del Bosque (Madristas), Guti (Madristas), Zidane (Madristas), Casillas (Madristas), Alonso (Madristas), Ronaldo (Madristas/Brazil) have all hailed Messi if not the best of all time, the best of todays generation. Beckenbauer said, ""They're (Barcelona) even better than the Spanish national team because they have Lionel Messi."

    Wenger who's seen the era of Pele/Cruyff/Platini/Maradona/Zidane/etc has hailed Messi not only as the greatest today, but the greatest of all times.

    As far as WC goes Pele/Maradona/Beckenbauer/Zidane couldn't have done it without the squads that they had. Messi current Argentina squad is shit compared to that of Maradona's and that isn't even Messi fault, I doubt the likes of Pele/Maradona//Cruyff/Platini/Zidane could do anything with this Argentina team either. We seen what Pele could do with his Brazil/Santos side, Beckenbauer had his Bayern/Germany, Cruyff had his Ajax/Netherlands side, we seen what Zidane could do with his France/Madrid side, all because they had all round good players. We see what force Messi is with Barcelona because he has an all around good team, but he doesn't have the same presence with the Argentina national team. The lack of midfielder and shit poor defence their.

    It doesn't change the fact that Messi still had impact in Argentina recent in the last 7 fixtures they won 6 and drew 1 game, not too mention they drew that one game because Messi wasn't having a good game, that also ends Messi 6 goals in 6 consecutive games (first Argentinean to do that), all together he's scored 10 goals in 7 games, scoring the winners VS the likes of Germany/Brasil/Colombia.

    Anyways this comes down to personal feelings/knowledge/preference of players.
     
         

  15. #15
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Anyone heard of Hagi? :D
     
         

  16. #16
    Indomitable Spirit kam's Avatar
    Status
    kam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    18,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by Saizo View Post
    It is only your opinion.
    Yh but do you agree with my opinion?
     
         

  17. #17
    Indomitable Spirit kam's Avatar
    Status
    kam is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    18,372
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post
    Cruyff, Platini and Maradona are all better attacking midfielders than Zidane.

    As far as Messi being the best goes? Well he still has a good 7-10 years left, so will see, but at the rate he's going now, he will be the among the best ever. Cruyff and Platini have never won the WC, but any "real" football fan will tell you these guys can arguable be among the top 5, if not top 10 best footballers of all times. Cruyff is one who can arguable even challenge for top 3.

    Messi is also praised and/or hailed as the best by not only countrymen/club mates, but rivals the likes of Del Bosque (Madristas), Guti (Madristas), Zidane (Madristas), Casillas (Madristas), Alonso (Madristas), Ronaldo (Madristas/Brazil) have all hailed Messi if not the best of all time, the best of todays generation. Beckenbauer said, ""They're (Barcelona) even better than the Spanish national team because they have Lionel Messi."

    Wenger who's seen the era of Pele/Cruyff/Platini/Maradona/Zidane/etc has hailed Messi not only as the greatest today, but the greatest of all times.

    As far as WC goes Pele/Maradona/Beckenbauer/Zidane couldn't have done it without the squads that they had. Messi current Argentina squad is shit compared to that of Maradona's and that isn't even Messi fault, I doubt the likes of Pele/Maradona//Cruyff/Platini/Zidane could do anything with this Argentina team either. We seen what Pele could do with his Brazil/Santos side, Beckenbauer had his Bayern/Germany, Cruyff had his Ajax/Netherlands side, we seen what Zidane could do with his France/Madrid side, all because they had all round good players. We see what force Messi is with Barcelona because he has an all around good team, but he doesn't have the same presence with the Argentina national team. The lack of midfielder and shit poor defence their.

    It doesn't change the fact that Messi still had impact in Argentina recent in the last 7 fixtures they won 6 and drew 1 game, not too mention they drew that one game because Messi wasn't having a good game, that also ends Messi 6 goals in 6 consecutive games (first Argentinean to do that), all together he's scored 10 goals in 7 games, scoring the winners VS the likes of Germany/Brasil/Colombia.

    Anyways this comes down to personal feelings/knowledge/preference of players.
    I disagree. Zidane is better than Platini and Cruyff.
     
         

  18. #18
    Més que un club ReLax -'s Avatar
    Status
    ReLax - is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Anyone heard of Hagi? :D
    Of course He was a great midfielders, but I'd still rate him slightly under the like of Cruyff/Platini/Maradona/Zidane.


    Quote Originally Posted by kam View Post
    I disagree. Zidane is better than Platini and Cruyff.
    Platini can be a debatable topic, but Cruyff, Zidane doesn't come close.
     
         
    Last edited by ReLax -; 09-14-2012 at 07:43 PM.

  19. #19
    Zoros brother Itachi Minato's Avatar
    Status
    Itachi Minato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    Posts
    1,663
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Messi is not the best footballer of all time

    kaka had better stats than iniesta last season but was he better ??? Stats dont tell the whole story
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •