Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Minato vs Raikage(Some misconceptions)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    I'm talking about body speed. I believe that Minatos body speed is greater than Raikage. So he could react faster than Raikage like we can see on my pics, but Raikage has greater Shunshin in V2
    You now confuse me even more now. If by body speed you mean hiraishin then this is obvious

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    You now confuse me even more now. If by body speed you mean hiraishin then this is obvious
    Nope, i'm not talking about hiraishin, but his body movement. To take an example, i will refer to Gai for example. He is not really faster than Raikage, but in 6gates his hands movement should be faster cuz he is able to land multiple blows in an instant which create even fire. So what i'm saying is that in a fight, Minato could surpass Raikage in body movement eventhough in a battle of speed to go somewhere to another, Raikage could win in V2 if we don't counter FTG

Last edited by T Bogard; 09-21-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    MEH

Nice researching :D

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Nope, i'm not talking about hiraishin, but his body movement. To take an example, i will refer to Gai for example. He is not really faster than Raikage, but in 6gates his hands movement should be faster cuz he is able to land multiple blows in an instant which create even fire. So what i'm saying is that in a fight, Minato could surpass Raikage in body movement eventhough in a battle of speed to go somewhere to another, Raikage could win in V2 if we don't counter FTG
    this statement is sooooo wrong his jutsu is faster not his body speed lmao ur truly contradicting no hating either

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Body movement usually means foot speed and since you arent talking about hiraishin, i thought you were talking about foot speed which v2 A is faster as you yourself as accepted. Seems like you are talking about reaction speed, like how fast you can react to something. In that case, no minato's base speed and reaction isnt fast enough to evade v2 A, if he didnt have ftg. With hiraishin, what he does isnt body speed, but teleportation and in that case, what you call body speed isnt that.

What you are basically saying is that minato's base speed/reaction can evade v2 A without hirashin and that obviously is incorrect

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Reposting since no one seems to see.

Just pointing this out for arguements sake, but since Raikage had not expected for Minato to avoid his full speed, wouldn't the momentary shock be enough to compensate for his lack of reaction? Plus considering Minato's technique is instant, he had next to no time to react when Minato appeared on his back.

The next time when he charged, he was fully ready to react to wherever Minato appeared, though was caught off guard when he appeared behind Bee.

This would make it seem that raikage in V2 was at least on par with Minato in terms of reflexes, but wasnt able to show it afterwards since Minato completely caught him off guard from appearing next to Bee.

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Body movement usually means foot speed and since you arent talking about hiraishin, i thought you were talking about foot speed which v2 A is faster as you yourself as accepted. Seems like you are talking about reaction speed, like how fast you can react to something. In that case, no minato's base speed and reaction isnt fast enough to evade v2 A, if he didnt have ftg. With hiraishin, what he does isnt body speed, but teleportation and in that case, what you call body speed isnt that.

What you are basically saying is that minato's base speed/reaction can evade v2 A without hirashin and that obviously is incorrect
    Yes it's what i'm saying. I do believe that minatos base speed/reaction can evade v2 A without hiraishin, and i prove it by showing that Minato was even able to land a kunai above Raikage without he knew. If he was able to throw a kunai above him, it shows that his reaction speed is enough to avoid him

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Yes it's what i'm saying. I do believe that minatos base speed/reaction can evade v2 A without hiraishin, and i prove it by showing that Minato was even able to land a kunai above Raikage without he knew. If he was able to throw a kunai above him, it shows that his reaction speed is enough to avoid him
    Dafuq?. You admitted that minato's base speed is inferior to v2 A yet you say he can evade A with this.
    I cannot remember what chapter it was, but it was said that v1 A's reflex is comparable to minato's. To think minato can evade v2 A with his base speed alone is very far fetched. Not only because v2 A is faster than minato's, A v1 reaction has been compared to mnato's, he evaded A with hirashin and even that look how close the gap was, all because he managed to teleport. If he tried to use shunshin, he is done for and he knew this

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Dafuq?. You admitted that minato's base speed is inferior to v2 A yet you say he can evade A with this.
    I cannot remember what chapter it was, but it was said that v1 A's reflex is comparable to minato's. To think minato can evade v2 A with his base speed alone is very far fetched. Not only because v2 A is faster than minato's, A v1 reaction has been compared to mnato's, he evaded A with hirashin and even that look how close the gap was, all because he managed to teleport. If he tried to use shunshin, he is done for and he knew this
    I think you're confusing body speed/reflexes and Shunshin speed here. Eventhough i believe Raikage Shunshin speed is faster than Minatos, Minatos body movement speed is faster than Raikage in V2, and it's what i'm trying to explain here, so overall i'm saying that Minato is faster than Raikage whether he uses V1 or 2. It's only his shunshin which is faster

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by fastrthnwind View Post
    Just pointing this out for arguements sake, but since Raikage had not expected for Minato to avoid his full speed, wouldn't the momentary shock be enough to compensate for his lack of reaction? Plus considering Minato's technique is instant, he had next to no time to react when Minato appeared on his back.

The next time when he charged, he was fully ready to react to wherever Minato appeared, though was caught off guard when he appeared behind Bee.

This would make it seem that raikage in V2 was at least on par with Minato in terms of reflexes, but wasnt able to show it afterwards since Minato completely caught him off guard from appearing next to Bee.
    Doesn't matter, momentary shock is a part of reflexes you have to be sharp and alert or it will cost you your life. It may not reflect your true potential but I am sure something like that wouldn't happen to minato, if someone invaded his attack I am sure he wouldn't be in shock he would prepare for a counter attack in a flash whether it be another FTG or a FTG level 2 or whatever

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

I think you're confusing body speed/reflexes and Shunshin speed here. Eventhough i believe Raikage Shunshin speed is faster than Minatos, Minatos body movement speed is faster than Raikage in V2, and it's what i'm trying to explain here, so overall i'm saying that Minato is faster than Raikage whether he uses V1 or 2. It's only his shunshin which is faster
    Yh im confused because you are confusing me. So basically to you body speed= reflex, though that isnt the case let assume.
    Next minato's shunshin is greater than A's. However when A add's raiton to shunshin does he go above minato's shunshin.

Anyway though you believe v2 A is faster than minato's shunshin, you believe minato has better reflexes?. Again that isnt correct because it was said that his is equivalent to v1 A so that is wrong. Lets assume minato has better reflexes than v2 A (even though its wrong). Having better reflexes alone doesnt guarantee that you will evade somebody faster than you. Id give you a rough example. Sasuke vs lee. Sasuke had the advantage of the sharingan, he had the precognition, however as lee said just because you can see it doesnt mean you can evade it if you dont have the speed necessary

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

He is not saying he will avoid his v2 attack with his base speed he's saying he will avoid it with his reflexes/body speed so for example while he is standing still throwing his kunai somewhere and teleporting to it. Not that he will body flicker away.

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Er... for the people saying he just teleported back to the kunai he was holding without throwing it... the kunai was BELOW the Raikage's belt when Minato was holding it, so how the hell would it get to ABOVE the Raikage's BACK without something moving it there... :flaw: so OBVIOUSLY Minato must have thrown it! This is the main thread's point! If Minato had time to move the kunai from below the Raikage's belt to above him, he had enough reflex time to dodge!

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    Doesn't matter, momentary shock is a part of reflexes you have to be sharp and alert or it will cost you your life. It may not reflect your true potential but I am sure something like that wouldn't happen to minato, if someone invaded his attack I am sure he wouldn't be in shock he would prepare for a counter attack in a flash whether it be another FTG or a FTG level 2 or whatever
    I see why you have a lot of reps. You talk a lot of sense

Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Niwdog View Post
    I see why you have a lot of reps. You talk a lot of sense
    Thanks man, it's also funny threads and post and good theories.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

I love how half the post here are copy and pasted from like 3 other threads going on right now

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelius View Post
    I love how half the post here are copy and pasted from like 3 other threads going on right now
    Lool so true. It's quite the interesting topic though.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Er... for the people saying he just teleported back to the kunai he was holding without throwing it... the kunai was BELOW the Raikage's belt when Minato was holding it, so how the hell would it get to ABOVE the Raikage's BACK without something moving it there... :flaw: so OBVIOUSLY Minato must have thrown it! This is the main thread's point! If Minato had time to move the kunai from below the Raikage's belt to above him, he had enough reflex time to dodge!
    Show me where it shows Minato throwing it... I have already explained how the kunai would be above Raikage in the thread Base minato speed=Base Raikage speed. Id prefer not to copy and paste it haha. but show me where you see him throw it!

Note: I do believe minato>Raikage, but I also dont approve of potiental false statements!

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

I actually made my post a thread, due to the lack of attention, so it isnt copied and pasted.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fastrthnwind View Post
    I actually made my post a thread, due to the lack of attention, so it isnt copied and pasted.
    I wasnt referring to any one person. I merely said half. For instant the creation of this thread was done in a previous thread but because it wasnt getting the kind of praise the author wanted, it copy and pasted into its own thread!

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Lool so true. It's quite the interesting topic though.
    Dont get me wrong, I like the topic! I just think people need to be more creative. Dont use the same example over and over again... Its dull and doesnt prove anything really

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Dont get me wrong, I like the topic! I just think people need to be more creative. Dont use the same example over and over again... Its dull and doesnt prove anything really
    True. I've meticulously looked at the scans and I can see how the kunai ended up above and behind the Raikage without Minato throwing it. I think if Minato had thrown it, Kishi would have drawn Minato quickly throwing it up to really emphasise that Minato could react that quickly

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

True. I've meticulously looked at the scans and I can see how the kunai ended up above and behind the Raikage without Minato throwing it. I think if Minato had thrown it, Kishi would have drawn Minato quickly throwing it up to really emphasise that Minato could react that quickly
    Correct! Now dont let me confuse... Minato wiped the floor with Raikage in turns of reaction time... But he didnt throw the kunai. The reason Kisi drew/placed the Kunai there was to show just how fast everyone was moving that the Kunai didnt even have time to move. It was Raikage that moved under it.

In the first image before the FTG back and forth, Raikages punch its at an elevation and pointed downward so that when he made contact with Minato, He would be slammed to the ground instead of being sent off . Raikage didnt want to create a distance between the 2, he wanted to keep Minato close! The 2nd image shows when Minato FTG centimeters away from raikage. The 3rd image shows where Minato FTG to the tree, If you look at this imagine, you can see Raikage body is horizontal and not vertical. When Raikage didnt make contact, he body kept moving, which cause his body to go horizontal. The next image show Raikage underneath the kunai that Minato had dropped, This was to show the audience that this was happening at incredible speeds, such that the kunai didnt move, the last images is when minato FTG back to the Kunai. Sorry they were both moving too fast for a kunai to have been thrown at any point... The Kunai was to show they were both moving so fast that when Minato dropped the Kunai he was able to jump back to it before it could begin to fall.

Last edited by Amelius; 09-21-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Bottom line: Raikage could not touch him!

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

I hope now that with todays episode 282, you understand that Minato wasn't surpassed by Raikages speed at all. Like i've said in my thread, Minato had time to throw a kunai above him before teleporting away and coming back thanks to FTG and he only did that to prepare his counter-attack

Last edited by T Bogard; 10-04-2012 at 02:42 PM.