Page 2 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

Re: Why Sarutobi-sama had to prevent the fourth's Coffin from opening...

Quote Originally Posted by peaceful View Post
    The Sandaime Kazekage would have fit nicely there, however, making the pattern 1, 2, 3, ect.

The "but we didn't know anything about him yet" argument: We knew just as much as we did about the Sandaime Kazekage at the time as we did about the Shodai and Nidaime Hokages. The only difference: We knew what the Shodai and Nidaime Hokage's faces looked like. And the flashbacks of Sarutobi with Shodai and Nidaime? To intoduce them to us a little. Face it, before the fight, we knew just about as much about the Shodai and Nidaime Hokages as we knew about the Sandaime Kazekage: practically nothing. If the Sandaime Kazekage was first summoned here in his real body, instead of during the Sasori fight as a puppet, we would have learned about who he was there during the fight. Baki or someone would somehow noticed one of the Sandaime Kazekage's ninjutsus and say "That... couldn't be!" like one of the Anbu did when they noticed Shodai's jutsu.

The "Sarutobi was afraid of who was in the coffin" argument: Sandaime was already going to have to fight two other Kages and then Orochimaru, a very difficult thing to do. It didn't really matter who was in the coffin, he just didn't want to have to fight a total of four opponents. From the pattern, it's almost 99% chance of being true that the person in the last coffin was another Kage. If that summon had been succesful, Sarutobi would have had to fight a total of four Kages (Orochimaru=Otokage), which is nowhere near an easy thing to do.
    And don't forget the Sandaime Kazekage's Iron Sand jutsus are just as dangerous as Shodai's mokuton jutsus and Nidaime's suiton jutsus. Fighting three people who use techniques such as those would be no where near easy, so he had to take down at least one coffin, to give himself a better chance of winning. Fighting four Kages would have just been too much for Sarutobi, and he knew he had to take one out, if he wanted a good chance of winning.

The "Sarutobi knew it was Yondaime" argument: And Sarutobi can't be wrong? He has some psychic powers that told him he was going to summon Yondaime? Summoning the Sandime Kazekage would have also completed and made a pattern. Sarutobi's hunch was that it was going to be Yondaime. However, it could have just as easily been the Sandaime Kazekage.
    Character's can be wrong and make mistakes. I don't see what's so hard to grasp about this. After all, if this were right, I assume Sai must be right about Naruto making a mistake and only would have gotten in the way during the teamwork training exercise. And that Itachi must be right about how killing your best friend is the only way to get the MS. Face it, characters can make mistakes and be wrong and there is every chance that Sarutobi could have been wrong here.
    this is plausable but there is a major flaw in your logic ninja that the opponent knows are stronger than him can cause the opponent to get desperate and sloppy leading to an easy kill its more likely that the 4th was in the coffin because the third would know he was outclassed (if it was a kaze kage he wouldnt be as threatened soley because the chances of the third kazekage being stronger than the 4th hokage are slim to none)

and orochimaru likes to collect things why would he taint his collection of hokages by adding a kazekage. your reasoning is not bad just a little unlikely

(even semi solid arguements are better for disagreement than rants i feel ur pain)

Status
    Jun 2009
    Making a Comeback!

in my previous post i said 3rd kazekage i meant fourth too lazy to edit sorry

Status
    May 2008
    This user has no status.

The 4th could have lightning, we know he had wind from the rasengan being created... if he was hokage he would need 2 or 3 elements. don't see why it couldn't be lightning, he was fast like lightning lol

Senior Member NineTailedSharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

The Sandaime Kazekage would have fit nicely there, however, making the pattern 1, 2, 3, ect.

The "but we didn't know anything about him yet" argument: We knew just as much as we did about the Sandaime Kazekage at the time as we did about the Shodai and Nidaime Hokages. The only difference: We knew what the Shodai and Nidaime Hokage's faces looked like. And the flashbacks of Sarutobi with Shodai and Nidaime? To intoduce them to us a little. Face it, before the fight, we knew just about as much about the Shodai and Nidaime Hokages as we knew about the Sandaime Kazekage: practically nothing. If the Sandaime Kazekage was first summoned here in his real body, instead of during the Sasori fight as a puppet, we would have learned about who he was there during the fight. Baki or someone would somehow noticed one of the Sandaime Kazekage's ninjutsus and say "That... couldn't be!" like one of the Anbu did when they noticed Shodai's jutsu.

The "Sarutobi was afraid of who was in the coffin" argument: Sandaime was already going to have to fight two other Kages and then Orochimaru, a very difficult thing to do. It didn't really matter who was in the coffin, he just didn't want to have to fight a total of four opponents. From the pattern, it's almost 99% chance of being true that the person in the last coffin was another Kage. If that summon had been succesful, Sarutobi would have had to fight a total of four Kages (Orochimaru=Otokage), which is nowhere near an easy thing to do.
    And don't forget the Sandaime Kazekage's Iron Sand jutsus are just as dangerous as Shodai's mokuton jutsus and Nidaime's suiton jutsus. Fighting three people who use techniques such as those would be no where near easy, so he had to take down at least one coffin, to give himself a better chance of winning. Fighting four Kages would have just been too much for Sarutobi, and he knew he had to take one out, if he wanted a good chance of winning.

The "Sarutobi knew it was Yondaime" argument: And Sarutobi can't be wrong? He has some psychic powers that told him he was going to summon Yondaime? Summoning the Sandime Kazekage would have also completed and made a pattern. Sarutobi's hunch was that it was going to be Yondaime. However, it could have just as easily been the Sandaime Kazekage.
    Character's can be wrong and make mistakes. I don't see what's so hard to grasp about this. After all, if this were right, I assume Sai must be right about Naruto making a mistake and only would have gotten in the way during the teamwork training exercise. And that Itachi must be right about how killing your best friend is the only way to get the MS. Face it, characters can make mistakes and be wrong and there is every chance that Sarutobi could have been wrong here.
    I still think that he wanted to summon the 4th hokage and not the kazekage
    it is more reasonable / logical that it was minato he has more to do with that situation back then at the fight

Academy Student
    Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

I know i'm gonna get flammed for this but I think Oro tried to summon the Fourth Kazekage to tell you the truth.

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Saimaroimaru View Post
    I know i'm gonna get flammed for this but I think Oro tried to summon the Fourth Kazekage to tell you the truth.
    are you peaceful's account?

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

Im Lost The 1st Beat Madara The King Of The Sharigan But Lost To The 3rd Who Was Scared To Fight The 4th The Guy Who Could'nt Defeat Tobi Thats Strange??

Status
    This user has no status.

1st beat Madara through some kind of way that hasn't been revealed to us yet besides ability to 'petly' control the bijuu.

He lost to the 3rd due to 3rd's death god jutsu.
    He was scared to fight the 4th due to the flying thundergod thing and maybe a few others that get expanded on in the manga later on ( for now mainly due to FTG jutsu ).
    4th had to use a death god jutsu to foil tobi's plans for konoha domination via 'f u kyuubi.'

-sidenote- I don't see why the denial complex is being maintained as to the forth corpse being Minato.

Senior Member eyesofthekyuubi44's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    This user has no status.

One thing I kinda noticed... Why are you calling him Sarutobi-sama? Why not just Sarutobi? Your a 3d figure. He's a 2d figure. He should be calling YOU sama.

Status
    Apr 2008
    This user has no status.

No one can prove that the third coffin was Minato.
    same goes for you, you cant prove it wasnt, but judging from the 3rd's reaction it probly was because he had the reaper death seal if necesary but by stoping the coffin it show that he knew he couldnt fight against it

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan View Post
    Ok has anyone else thought about this:
    the main reason why Sarutobi-sama said he had to prevent the fourth hokage's coffin from opening was because Sarutobi uses Earth and Fire and blood-line mud. Whereas the fourth hokage uses Lightning. Since Sarutobi doesn't use wind, he can't beat the fourth's lightning. Therefore he would be at a very great disadvantage. The reason why the first and the second weren't a problem was because the first had a speciality in wood which could eventually be burned by Sarutobi's fire (countered) and the second uses water which would be countered by Sarutobi's Earth jutsu's.

Wind Beats Lightning
    Lightning beats Earth
    Earth beats Water
    Water beats fire
    Fire beats Wind

Of course it was Yondaime's speed and chakra reserve that would also be threatening to Sarutobi... but it was mainly because Yondaime used lightning that caused Sarutobi to say he must stop the fourth.
    /discuss
    correct me if i'm wrong but i think the element of minato is wind... reason why is that combining the rasengan with that of his element wind...

Status
    Apr 2008
    This user has no status.

if you think your SOOOO smart then defend this, why didnt he stop the other coffins why was he only concerned about the third coffin

Status
    Aug 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan View Post
    Ok so right now we're not sure who exactly was in the third coffin ?
    it had 4 written on it,
    what associates to 4?
    all the 4th kages.
    sound 4.
    kabuto (4-eyes) jkjk.
    anymore?

Elite Uchiha Officer Shisui Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NineTailedSharingan View Post
    it is dude wtf are you talking about
    (Oro said that it will be an hokage battle just like hiroshi said )

oro was trying to get all the hokages and he did but only the 4th Failed and the 4th was minato
    Hokage level battle. Not a Hokage battle.

Status
    Jul 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by k0nzious View Post
    it had 4 written on it,
    what associates to 4?
    all the 4th kages.
    sound 4.
    kabuto (4-eyes) jkjk.
    anymore?
    It did not have 4 on it. Go back and read it, because you are genuinely wrong about this. There is absolutely NO proof of who it was, only speculation. As to why Sarutobi wouldn't want it summoned. THINK ABOUT IT. If it was Orochimaru's summon it would have been a Kage level ninja. 4 Kage level ninjas vs. 1 Kage level ninja is a lot different than 3 v 1.

Manga Fox: Naruto Vol.13 Ch.117: The Assigned Mission Online Manga Scans

Status
    Mar 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TimUsher View Post
    if you think your SOOOO smart then defend this, why didnt he stop the other coffins why was he only concerned about the third coffin
    I dont think i am smart. I am smart. And i do not even bother to answer this question... If you think about it, you will find the answer.

Status
    Jul 2008
    This user has no status.

I dont think i am smart. I am smart. And i do not even bother to answer this question... If you think about it, you will find the answer.
    Peaceful is right and you're wrong.

Status
    Nov 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisui Uchiha View Post
    Peaceful is right and you're wrong.
    peaceful is wrong , cuz if you watch anime on coffin saying Yon on japanese which means 'four' heres even video i found on youtube... and orochimaru said hokages...
    YouTube - How to write Kanji Yon

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknowNinjaName View Post
    peaceful is wrong , cuz if you watch anime on coffin saying Yon on japanese which means 'four' heres even video i found on youtube... and orochimaru said hokages...
    YouTube - How to write Kanji Yon
    because the 4th is also known as the yellow flash so, the 3rd will lose (or die) in a flash.

Status
    Nov 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by teamgai2201 View Post
    because the 4th is also known as the yellow flash so, the 3rd will lose (or die) in a flash.
    yeah he couldnt defeat 3 of them but even if he could then orochimaru would just finish him cuz he would be out of stamina and chakra too...

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknowNinjaName View Post
    yeah he couldnt defeat 3 of them but even if he could then orochimaru would just finish him cuz he would be out of stamina and chakra too...
    true but the dead hokages might weaken him then orochimaru kills him

Status
    Feb 2009
    This user has no status.

ok don't preach to us what element beats what because we all know... ok? and second this topic has been discussed numerous times like YEEEAAARRSS AGO. you are so retarded (retarded as in LATE). and third, i think minato's hiraishin technique was more of a concern for sarutobi. now someone please close the god awful thread.

sasori of the red sand sasori420's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2008
    This user has no status.

Peaceful this is a great argument but i dont see why you are fighting this so much? like why couldnt it be the fourth hokage, and they found they fourth kazekages body somewhere else and the third kazekage well sasori had him so i dont get what your proving

Status
    Mar 2009
    This user has no status.

And minato was in the death gods seal so he could not be used. And oro killed the fourth kazekage if you remember, so it is logical to assume he used the body he just killed...

Status
    Nov 2008
    This user has no status.

And minato was in the death gods seal so he could not be used. And oro killed the fourth kazekage if you remember, so it is logical to assume he used the body he just killed...
    lol